Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 24, 2019 02:48

Well the Saints gave the game to the 49ers at end of game with a blatant face mask penalty. Cost them the game. I do like Cook and the Saints overall. But they do cause a lot of penalties - Tenn game is a good example. They were racking them up.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 24, 2019 04:29

crholmstrom
pretty sure the Seahawks are done. the list of key injured players is stunning & most won't be able to return or if they do are greatly diminished. it was a nice run this year & at least we'll get a playoff game. we're down to #4 on the depth chart for running back. there's even people clamoring to bring beastmode back. i doubt he is in good enough shape to play in the nfl at his age. starting left tackle & leader of o line having knee surgery today. starting cornerback may be back but has hamstring issue. starting safety doubtful. & even if jadveon clowney can make it back, he's looking at surgery right after the season. there's even more i haven't mentioned. it's real ugly. i don't make excuses for injuries & yesterday's loss was in the cards before guys started dropping. will be tough to beat SF in current state. maybe they will surprise us as SF has a lot of injuries, too. not holding my breath though. GO HAWKS (if you can)!

Injuries aren't excuses, they are facts: 7-9 Seahawks beat the Saints in the 2011 playoffs because of that very reason. A team is only as good as its players - and if they're out because of injury - that team isn't that good team anymore no matter what.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 24, 2019 05:09

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
pretty sure the Seahawks are done. the list of key injured players is stunning & most won't be able to return or if they do are greatly diminished. it was a nice run this year & at least we'll get a playoff game. we're down to #4 on the depth chart for running back. there's even people clamoring to bring beastmode back. i doubt he is in good enough shape to play in the nfl at his age. starting left tackle & leader of o line having knee surgery today. starting cornerback may be back but has hamstring issue. starting safety doubtful. & even if jadveon clowney can make it back, he's looking at surgery right after the season. there's even more i haven't mentioned. it's real ugly. i don't make excuses for injuries & yesterday's loss was in the cards before guys started dropping. will be tough to beat SF in current state. maybe they will surprise us as SF has a lot of injuries, too. not holding my breath though. GO HAWKS (if you can)!

Injuries aren't excuses, they are facts: 7-9 Seahawks beat the Saints in the 2011 playoffs because of that very reason. A team is only as good as its players - and if they're out because of injury - that team isn't that good team anymore no matter what.

if you read my post, i wasn't making excuses & stated the facts as far as personnel goes. always so angry. it's like if the aints played a bit more competently maybe the occasional bad call by officials (not like every team doesn't get them) it wouldn't be the end of the world. sorry 'roid rage. i dislike the internet.

Date: December 24, 2019 05:36

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

if you read my post, i wasn't making excuses & stated the facts as far as personnel goes. always so angry. it's like if the aints played a bit more competently maybe the occasional bad call by officials (not like every team doesn't get them) it wouldn't be the end of the world. sorry 'roid rage. i dislike the internet.

LOL! I wasn't angry! Just merely pointing out that as a fan, there is no need to say 'I'm not going to blame injury for losing this game', which I highlighted above, even though you provide some word saying they were starting to tank before the game, when it is a fact that it impacts a team performance no matter what a fan thinks.

Hence my bit about the 7-9 Seahawks beating a heavily depleted Saints team - it's a fact that the Saints sucked because they lost a lot of players for the 2011 playoffs.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 24, 2019 06:36

If the Hawks can get D. Brown and CLowney Back they will have a good chance in a playoff game, they will have to change their game plan without Carson Penny and Prosise (losing all 3 rb's is a blow) they have to let WIlson run the ball more like he used to do... They will add a competent RB to help out. I agree injuries are part of the game and not an excuse but they have been hammered with them. I think the Chiefs have something cooking in that dressing room right now... Mahomes may just be hoisting the Lombardi.

Go Seahawks GO !!

Date: December 24, 2019 06:40

Wow they signed Lynch... this could be fun !!

"I'm just here so I don't get fined"

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 24, 2019 07:01

I just won my fantasy football league because of Jones, and now my favorite running back ever Marshawn Lynch is returning to the NFL. I know its cliched but... Christmas has come early for me!

Not positive this is the right call but I guess its just for this playoff season anyway so it certainly can't hurt. Just wouldn't even be sure he's still THAT good anymore. Either way, I'll be dusting off my Lynch jersey. Give him the super bowl win he deserved 5 years ago.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 24, 2019 07:05

RollingFreak
I just won my fantasy football league because of Jones, and now my favorite running back ever Marshawn Lynch is returning to the NFL. I know its cliched but... Christmas has come early for me!

Not positive this is the right call but I guess its just for this playoff season anyway so it certainly can't hurt. Just wouldn't even be sure he's still THAT good anymore. Either way, I'll be dusting off my Lynch jersey. Give him the super bowl win he deserved 5 years ago.

He's definitely good but he was a punk in Buffalo when we booted him.

Date: December 24, 2019 07:16

The Sicilian
RollingFreak

Oh, he's definitely kinda an @#$%& (I'd argue a dimwitted one, but either way, not really a role model) but I have a soft spot for him just because he was one of the first players that piqued my interested when I started getting into football. My concern about his playing is just cause he wasn't that great when he retired and came back the first time.

Date: December 24, 2019 08:31

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

LOL! I wasn't angry! Just merely pointing out that as a fan, there is no need to say 'I'm not going to blame injury for losing this game', which I highlighted above, even though you provide some word saying they were starting to tank before the game, when it is a fact that it impacts a team performance no matter what a fan thinks.

Hence my bit about the 7-9 Seahawks beating a heavily depleted Saints team - it's a fact that the Saints sucked because they lost a lot of players for the 2011 playoffs.

sorry. i haven't been well & docs have me on some damn steroids. best i'm not arround people, haha.

Date: December 24, 2019 08:33

umakmehrd

24 (not 666) is the number of the Beast!

Date: December 24, 2019 14:01

RollingFreak
The Sicilian
RollingFreak

Oh, he's definitely kinda an @#$%& (I'd argue a dimwitted one, but either way, not really a role model) but I have a soft spot for him just because he was one of the first players that piqued my interested when I started getting into football. My concern about his playing is just cause he wasn't that great when he retired and came back the first time.

actually Marshawn is really smart but he hides it with the street thing much like gary payton back in the day. Marshawn hasn't touched the money he's made in salary from the NFL & has invested well. lives off the earnings & endorsements etc. he actually advises young players about how to be smart with their money. when he left seattle there was trouble that i think stemmed from the super bowl loss. he was a favorite of paul allen though. when he retired, the hawks could've recouped some signing bonus but paul allen told management to let it go. recently, he has been dropping in on the team mending fences. him & earl thomas are my all time favorite seahawks. glad to have him back. evidently he has kept in good shape & has been training in secret to be in game shape. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 24, 2019 14:49

Marshawn Lynch is Back in Action
video: [pbs.twimg.com]

Date: December 24, 2019 15:03

crholmstrom
RollingFreak
The Sicilian
RollingFreak

actually Marshawn is really smart but he hides it with the street thing much like gary payton back in the day. Marshawn hasn't touched the money he's made in salary from the NFL & has invested well. lives off the earnings & endorsements etc. he actually advises young players about how to be smart with their money. when he left seattle there was trouble that i think stemmed from the super bowl loss. he was a favorite of paul allen though. when he retired, the hawks could've recouped some signing bonus but paul allen told management to let it go. recently, he has been dropping in on the team mending fences. him & earl thomas are my all time favorite seahawks. glad to have him back. evidently he has kept in good shape & has been training in secret to be in game shape. GO HAWKS!

Huh, didn't actually know some of that! I always thought he was one note. With the skittles stuff and all that. He never seems mean spirited, but I could understand him being full of himself and not the all around nicest guy. Glad to hear thats not the case!

Date: December 24, 2019 17:49

crholmstrom
umakmehrd

24 (not 666) is the number of the Beast!

Oh come on now - 616 is the number of the beast.

Date: December 24, 2019 18:26

Numerology is bunk. 24 is a beast - but not sure what shape he's in-

Date: December 24, 2019 19:03

Yea Lynch is very misundertood he does alot for his hometown community and his teammates and coaches love him - His passion alone will benifit the younger seahawks moving into the playoffs...
Apprently he has been working out hard for the last to weeks in case anything came up,looks like its all working out for him. Would be a great story if they do something in the Playoffs !

GO AWKS !!!

Date: December 24, 2019 19:15

no doubt he is still in shape but that doesn't make someone ready to play an nfl game after being signed to a team for one week after not playing for pretty much a full year

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: December 24, 2019 20:10

And my Packers take the North after thumping the Vikes with Aaron Jones and defense. Now they need to beat the Lions and then we become Seahawks' fans for Sunday evening. The North is not enough indeed.

Date: December 24, 2019 20:34

keefriffhard4life
no doubt he is still in shape but that doesn't make someone ready to play an nfl game after being signed to a team for one week after not playing for pretty much a full year

I didnt say he was going to light it up he is 33 and yes will be rusty. I said having him around the team will pick everyone up...

Date: December 24, 2019 21:22

umakmehrd
keefriffhard4life

I didnt say he was going to light it up he is 33 and yes will be rusty. I said having him around the team will pick everyone up...

pete is a good enough coach i see a good split between him and turbin to see who has the hot hand

Date: December 25, 2019 00:42

roryg
And my Packers take the North after thumping the Vikes with Aaron Jones and defense. Now they need to beat the Lions and then we become Seahawks' fans for Sunday evening. The North is not enough indeed.

I was rooting for Minnesota to win, of course, but the Saints have been better on the road this season and I'm going to guess their best season ever on the road.

The way they played the first half against the Titans made me think they're just not there. There's something missing - some kind of hunger. I don't know what it is but it's obvious.

But the rule is any given Sunday. Because if it wasn't for that, no one could explain Seattle losing to Arizona, New Orleans losing to Cantlanta, San Francisco losing to Cantlanta...

Date: December 25, 2019 00:48

The difference here is Marshand's familarity with Pete & Russell that will go a long way even if he hasnt played a down this year... And he's gonna be fired up to go !!!
Same goes for Turbin

Date: December 25, 2019 01:26

Yeah, I think they'll either be boom or bust, and I'm thinking more boom than bust. This is the best Seahawks team SINCE the year they lost the super bowl so I think plugging them in while they're doing this well should result in something really cool. Maybe not seamless, but I expect they'll do really well. I'm definitely interested.

Date: December 25, 2019 02:01

Questions in Seattle, uprising of Ravens, resilient Chiefs, Cutting it close Saints and possible decline of Patriots. one year away Bills?? Eagles regaining confidence? Packers overrated - we think ---- Vikings for sure?

Great times in NFL Football. edit- I forgot the 49ers - Hey it's Christmas Eve!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-25 02:25 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 25, 2019 02:56

Well said Chris - Playoffs are going to be AWESOME!!

Merry Christmas to all also !!

Have a great one with Family & Friends !!

Date: December 25, 2019 16:57

I am looking forward to the 2020 playoffs. There should be some excellent football next year (ha ha).

Date: December 27, 2019 13:41

Saturday - OU and LSU at 4:00

Clemson - Ohio State 8:00

BE THERE!!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 27, 2019 17:59

Antonio Brown working out with the Saints...he could make an already dangerous team lethal.

The Pats should have brought him back.

Date: December 27, 2019 18:50

keefriff99
Antonio Brown working out with the Saints...he could make an already dangerous team lethal.

The Pats should have brought him back.

there's no guarantee the nfl would let him play. the saints would be playing "poor poor pitiful me" at the stadium if that happened, haha. i kid, i kid!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2056
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home