Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 4, 2019 11:42

Chris Fountain
Rivera fired Good!!!! Newton will be gone as well. It was time for a change !!!!!

if only y'all could get rid of the statue of jerry richardson....

Date: December 4, 2019 14:58

shocked the panthers fired their coach

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 4, 2019 22:53

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Rivera fired Good!!!! Newton will be gone as well. It was time for a change !!!!!

We 're trying to get Wilson and Carroll smiling smiley

Date: December 4, 2019 23:12

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

they are going to visit charlotte 12/15. a win or a tie this week clinches a playoff spot. we are hoping for more than that!

Date: December 4, 2019 23:26

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

they are going to visit charlotte 12/15. a win or a tie this week clinches a playoff spot. we are hoping for more than that!

Do they still have a better road record? They will beat Charlotte - You just need to stop McCafffery. The Defense has aged or either some players are too young. 24-14

Date: December 5, 2019 02:01

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Do they still have a better road record? They will beat Charlotte - You just need to stop McCafffery. The Defense has aged or either some players are too young. 24-14

Hawks are unbeaten on the road. Both losses came at home. No shame in either: BAL & NO.

Date: December 5, 2019 23:11

There clearly 4 teams that are suprior than the rest of the league -Saints, Hawks, Ravens, and Niners. It's refreshing just like in College Football LSU Clemson, Ohio State and ......We're not sold on Georgia so who will be gthat 4th Team? Utah? Baylor? not sure

Date: December 6, 2019 01:47

Chris Fountain
There clearly 4 teams that are suprior than the rest of the league -Saints, Hawks, Ravens, and Niners. It's refreshing just like in College Football LSU Clemson, Ohio State and ......We're not sold on Georgia so who will be gthat 4th Team? Utah? Baylor? not sure

Mustn't forget NE. The dark side of the force is strong in them Obi-wan.

Date: December 6, 2019 02:06

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

They are good but this is a soft team.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 6, 2019 15:16

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

They are good but this is a soft team.

they haven't lost a home game all year (and the D holds the other team to very few points...at home)

Point: they are soft - but only on the road (b/c it's harder to cheat on the road).

Go Browns! "We almost always almost win"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 6, 2019 15:18

Cowboys, LOL!

I actually feel bad for Jason Garrett. He's had his legs cut out from under him. Jerry Jones is some piece of work...never change, Jerry.

Date: December 6, 2019 15:28

keefriff99
Cowboys, LOL!

I actually feel bad for Jason Garrett. He's had his legs cut out from under him. Jerry Jones is some piece of work...never change, Jerry.

i'm hoping philly takes the cowboys out & wins the division with an 8-8 record. america's team my butt!!!!!! then philly beats SF at home. >grinning smiley<

Date: December 6, 2019 15:44

crholmstrom
keefriff99
Cowboys, LOL!

i'm hoping philly takes the cowboys out & wins the division with an 8-8 record. america's team my butt!!!!!! then philly beats SF at home. >grinning smiley<
Amazing how wide open the NFC East. The division winner could conceivably have a losing record!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 6, 2019 17:02

keefriff99
crholmstrom
keefriff99
Cowboys, LOL!

Amazing how wide open the NFC East. The division winner could conceivably have a losing record!

which goes to the point of how absurd the playoff system is in the NFL.

it's as illogical as the Electoral College.

Oh well...

Jerry Jones is such a tool. He coulda had Jimmy Johnson and won probably 5 StupidBowls in the last 20 years.

I want the Browns to trade OBJ to Dallas for draft picks....or to Fox Sports for Jimmy Johnson

I doubt suntannin' Jimmy wants to go to Cleveland, though...

the Browns will probably do nothing, lose OBJ in free agency and hire Jason Garrett...b/c they're the Browns.

Free Myles!

Date: December 6, 2019 17:42

They could switch to how the NBA does it and just award the teams with the best records playoff spots rather than care about who wins which division.

Really, just have two conferences and get rid of the divisions.

Date: December 6, 2019 18:20

keefriff99
They could switch to how the NBA does it and just award the teams with the best records playoff spots rather than care about who wins which division.

I like the divisions as rivalries are built on geographic factors (mainly). That being said, no problem with having division winners make the playoffs. It's the home game factor that I would change.

Date: December 6, 2019 18:27

crholmstrom
keefriff99

I like the divisions as rivalries are built on geographic factors (mainly). That being said, no problem with having division winners make the playoffs. It's the home game factor that I would change.
True...I'm pretty ambivalent about it one way or the other. I just get tired of people complaining about 9-7, 8-8, or even 7-9 teams making the playoffs because their divisions are so incredibly weak.

What are they supposed to do? First of all, that's a fairly rare occurrence, and secondly, those are the rules as currently constructed, for better or worse.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 6, 2019 20:52

I agree the divisions are great - and keefriff99 is 100% correct it is a rare occurrence that a team finishs below .500 and makes the playoffs. I love the division rivalries and the way they set up each divison schedule where they are all playing the same teams,can't really think of a better way. I'm so looking forward to the Sunday Night Game gonna be a great Division game !!

GO AWKS !!!

Date: December 6, 2019 21:47

umakmehrd
I agree the divisions are great - and keefriff99 is 100% correct it is a rare occurrence that a team finishs below .500 and makes the playoffs. I love the division rivalries and the way they set up each divison schedule where they are all playing the same teams,can't really think of a better way. I'm so looking forward to the Sunday Night Game gonna be a great Division game !!

GO AWKS !!!

smileys with beer GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Date: December 7, 2019 03:38

what a giant poop storm in dallas. enjoying it immensely!!!!!

Date: December 7, 2019 04:15

crholmstrom
what a giant poop storm in dallas. enjoying it immensely!!!!!

lmao

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 8, 2019 04:33

As a Seahawks fan it's tough to know who to root for in tomorrows Saints-Niners game.
Saints beat SF and the division title and 2nd seed overall for the Hawks becomes more likely and leaves them atop of the division regardless of win/lose Sunday night.

SF beats NO combined with a Seahawk win on Sunday night, lands them with the Number 1 seed overall..

I lean towards rooting for the Saints and securing the division first but kind of a win/win situation for the Hawks!!

Date: December 8, 2019 10:53

MisterDDDD
As a Seahawks fan it's tough to know who to root for in tomorrows Saints-Niners game.
Saints beat SF and the division title and 2nd seed overall for the Hawks becomes more likely and leaves them atop of the division regardless of win/lose Sunday night.

SF beats NO combined with a Seahawk win on Sunday night, lands them with the Number 1 seed overall..

I lean towards rooting for the Saints and securing the division first but kind of a win/win situation for the Hawks!!

Hawks still need to take care of business Sunday night regardless. Overall, I would prefer to have the division wrapped up as soon as possible.

Date: December 8, 2019 14:56

I'm sure the CFB rankings will have Ohio state #1 , LSU #2, Clemson #3, and Oklahoma #4.

Of course, this would be incorrect. LSU is clearly the best team in College Football. Now if the CFB continues with this erroneous ranking scheme, then the playoffs will loook as follows:

Ohio Statevs- OU

LSU vs Clemson.

It should be LSU vs OU and Clemson vs Ohio State.

In any event if Clemson and LSU face off in the semis, the winner will win the Nat'l Championship in my opnion.

Date: December 8, 2019 15:53

Chris Fountain
I'm sure the CFB rankings will have Ohio state #1 , LSU #2, Clemson #3, and Oklahoma #4.

Of course, this would be incorrect. LSU is clearly the best team in College Football. Now if the CFB continues with this erroneous ranking scheme, then the playoffs will loook as follows:

Ohio Statevs- OU

LSU vs Clemson.

It should be LSU vs OU and Clemson vs Ohio State.

In any event if Clemson and LSU face off in the semis, the winner will win the Nat'l Championship in my opnion.

based on yesterday i'd rank them:
1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. THE OSU
4. OU

LSU were fabulous yesterday. So much for the much heralded UGA defense. I wish Wisconsin would've pulled off the upset as that would've put the whole thing into chaos. I'm of a mind that there should only be 1 team per conference in the final 4. That actually worked out this year. The whole thing is so arbitrary. I enjoy LSU coach Foghorn Leghorn. He's the only 1 of those guys who appears to be having fun & making it fun for the players (& fans).

PS: GO HAWKS!!!!!

Date: December 8, 2019 20:10

Cook is unstoppable as said last week

Date: December 8, 2019 21:47

Over half of KC's equipment didn't get unloaded from the plane & ended up in Newark. If it doesn't arrive in time for game, KC will have to forfeit. Never underestimate the dark side of the force!

Date: December 8, 2019 22:44

Saints -niners game is awesome

Date: December 8, 2019 22:46

Chris Fountain

the fix is in. NO getting screwed again by the refs

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 8, 2019 23:44

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

the fix is in. NO getting screwed again by the refs
Not only by refs. They did their part too.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home