Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 15, 2019 09:58

Hello,

Almost O/T and definitely reeking of self-interest, here's a question for you football loons: I've just booked to go to New Orleans for my 51st (hurray!) and while I'm there, The Saints host The 49ers.

You can see what's comin' a mile away, hah-hah! I've just had a look at how much one ticket would be and it's all resale stuff on TM, Stubhub and SeatGeek...the cheapest at around $300. Ouch! I have registered with The Saints if any more tickets become available from the box office, but I can't see that happening, right?

My question to you folks who know a bit more about this than me is would you expect prices to drop a little as the game nears? I know demand is high because both teams are doing well, right? Anyway, any advice on where to look for a ticket (more importantly, what *not* to do) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 15, 2019 12:39

SimonN
Hello,

Almost O/T and definitely reeking of self-interest, here's a question for you football loons: I've just booked to go to New Orleans for my 51st (hurray!) and while I'm there, The Saints host The 49ers.

You can see what's comin' a mile away, hah-hah! I've just had a look at how much one ticket would be and it's all resale stuff on TM, Stubhub and SeatGeek...the cheapest at around $300. Ouch! I have registered with The Saints if any more tickets become available from the box office, but I can't see that happening, right?

My question to you folks who know a bit more about this than me is would you expect prices to drop a little as the game nears? I know demand is high because both teams are doing well, right? Anyway, any advice on where to look for a ticket (more importantly, what *not* to do) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon.

I think New Orleans is pretty tight as the fan base there is pretty rabid. Ask the hotel. Sometimes they have access to tickets, especially the nicer hotels. Also, sometimes the visiting team releases some of the tickets they are allotted within a day or 2 of the game. Finally, I'm not sure about the scalping scene in New Orleans & I would be very careful down there with this but in Seattle there are usually guys within a block or 2 selling. Generally, right before kickoff (& right after) the prices drop drastically as they are getting rid of unsold tickets. Good luck & happy birthday!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 15, 2019 15:16

I don't get it....Myles Garrett should be getting praised for trying to help that QB put his helmet back on....safety first! NFL cares! He cares!

Man, it ain't easy being a Browns fan....got to enjoy that win for all of 10 seconds.

oh well...2 in a row!

Go Browns!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 15, 2019 15:21

Garrett is lucky he didn't get carted off the field the way those O-linemen jumped on him. What a nutjob.

That was hands down one of the weirdest things I've ever seen on an NFL field.

Date: November 15, 2019 15:33

keefriff99
Garrett is lucky he didn't get carted off the field the way those O-linemen jumped on him. What a nutjob.

That was hands down one of the weirdest things I've ever seen on an NFL field.

Garrett is lucky he's not in jail on murder charges...

"I'm a nut-job" seems like his only defense right now....

either that or "Hey, at least I'm not Aaron Hernandez/Ray Lewis"

Go Browns!

Date: November 15, 2019 15:43

Certainly Garrett is done for the year. Pity, he's a good player. Think its an indictment of the culture along with the Brown's record. They should probably get an experienced coach as it sure looks like Kitchen has lost control of the team. If he had it in the first place.

Date: November 15, 2019 15:47

crholmstrom
Certainly Garrett is done for the year. Pity, he's a good player. Think its an indictment of the culture along with the Brown's record. They should probably get an experienced coach as it sure looks like Kitchen has lost control of the team. If he had it in the first place.

agreed. He's a horrible coach.

WTF is Garrett even on the field for w/ 15 seconds left up by 2 scores? Trying to get him injured?

put in BenchWarming Billy for 2 plays and leave....even I know that and I'm stupid

Date: November 15, 2019 15:48

crholmstrom
The worst thing that could happen to the Browns is to squeak into the playoffs...they need a head coach who can implement a major culture adjustment. The team came into the season unjustifiably arrogant and undisciplined. Winning just enough to get a WC spot would reinforce their worst traits.

Date: November 15, 2019 16:04

is Garrett long lost kin?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2019 16:04

crholmstrom
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

I think New Orleans is pretty tight as the fan base there is pretty rabid. Ask the hotel. Sometimes they have access to tickets, especially the nicer hotels. Also, sometimes the visiting team releases some of the tickets they are allotted within a day or 2 of the game. Finally, I'm not sure about the scalping scene in New Orleans & I would be very careful down there with this but in Seattle there are usually guys within a block or 2 selling. Generally, right before kickoff (& right after) the prices drop drastically as they are getting rid of unsold tickets. Good luck & happy birthday!

Saints tickets are extremely difficult to come by, and the cheap seats are nothing like Pelicans tickets. NFL games are expensive. As Mick explained, people that can afford tickets to these games should have no problem affording Stones tickets).

As mentioned above, there will be people hollering out they got tickets near the Supe... if you really want to go see Drew Brees in live action, be patient and wait until after the game starts - and if necessary, ask them to go with you to the door to have the ticket checked out (this will allow you to see what the actual price on the ticket as well, which you can then offer - or not, offer less!).

Date: November 15, 2019 16:07

[www.youtube.com]

What this video though...RUDOLPH tries to pull Garrett's helmet off first. Certainly not excusing Garrett's behavior, but Rudolph is at fault too for escalating after a late hit.

Nick Wright on FS1 is saying up to eight players may be disciplined.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 15, 2019 16:08

Hi Chuck & Max,

Many thanks for your help, Sirs!

The game falls into the 'would be great to go, but not essential' category...if the prices remain daft'n'elevated, then I'll find a decent bar and watch it.

Just thrilled at finally getting to see New Orleans!

Cheers,

Simon.

crholmstrom
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: November 15, 2019 16:09

keefriff99
crholmstrom
The worst thing that could happen to the Browns is to squeak into the playoffs...they need a head coach who can implement a major culture adjustment. The team came into the season unjustifiably arrogant and undisciplined. Winning just enough to get a WC spot would reinforce their worst traits.

I initially thought, how the hell could the Browns squeak into the playoffs? When I see the ACF standings... how pathetic that that's possible with Oakland and Pittsburgh playing so poorly.

If the Browns make the 2020 playoffs it will only be for the sake of saying it, because they won't go past game 1.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 15, 2019 16:31

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
crholmstrom

I initially thought, how the hell could the Browns squeak into the playoffs? When I see the ACF standings... how pathetic that that's possible with Oakland and Pittsburgh playing so poorly.

If the Browns make the 2020 playoffs it will only be for the sake of saying it, because they won't go past game 1.

Oakland have not been playing poorly recently, quite the opposite.

Date: November 15, 2019 16:40

SimonN
Hi Chuck & Max,

The game falls into the 'would be great to go, but not essential' category...if the prices remain daft'n'elevated, then I'll find a decent bar and watch it.

Cheers,

Simon.

crholmstrom
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

[lucyssurf.com]

Date: November 15, 2019 16:43

Ket
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
crholmstrom

Because they beat the Lions and Chargers? They do have a pretty light schedule. Of their 7 remaining games it looks like they could easily win 4 of them.

They're still an awful team.

Date: November 15, 2019 16:44

keefriff99
[www.youtube.com]

What this video though...RUDOLPH tries to pull Garrett's helmet off first. Certainly not excusing Garrett's behavior, but Rudolph is at fault too for escalating after a late hit.

100% true....I think he did it on purpose to "bait" Garrett...he succeeded.

Rudolf is also a World Class MORON for running AFTER Garrett WITHOUT his helmet on.

In the end, though, Garrett is the biggest moron for ruining his season & screwing his team over....all for a 3rd string nobody loser QB.

I said this AM: "He should've kept the helmet....run out to the middle of the field and taunted the Steelers by waving the helmet around in the air....would've sent the stadium into a frenzy...then throw the helmet into the crowd....15 yard penalty, maybe a fine....the end....go crush people next weekend"

Now you're out for the season, probably gonna get fined $500k, you will be watched like a hawk when/if you return and get called for everything....

and, boy-oh-boy, the Steelers are gonna be out for Baker next game...yikes.

oh well...NFL Fo-Evah!

Date: November 15, 2019 16:46

GasLightStreet
SimonN
Hi Chuck & Max,

Cheers,

Simon.

crholmstrom
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

[lucyssurf.com]

That restaurant looks great!

Date: November 15, 2019 16:47

stickyfingers101
keefriff99
[www.youtube.com]

Rudolf is also a World Class MORON for running AFTER Garrett WITHOUT his helmet on.

In the end, though, Garrett is the biggest moron for ruining his season & screwing his team over....all for a 3rd string nobody loser QB.

I said this AM: "He should've kept the helmet....run out to the middle of the field and taunted the Steelers by waving the helmet around in the air....would've sent the stadium into a frenzy...then throw the helmet into the crowd....15 yard penalty, maybe a fine....the end....go crush people next weekend"

Now you're out for the season, probably gonna get fined $500k, you will be watched like a hawk when/if you return and get called for everything....

oh well...NFL Fo-Evah!

No one on the Cleveland Browns will ever be accused of being smart.

That guy is a 3D definition of idiot. He should be banished from the NFL for life.

Date: November 15, 2019 16:57

GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
keefriff99
[www.youtube.com]

oh well...NFL Fo-Evah!

No one on the Cleveland Browns will ever be accused of being smart.

That guy is a 3D definition of idiot. He should be banished from the NFL for life.

has anybody in the NFL been accused of being smart?

Richard Sherman, I guess....and Colin Kapernick...he's so "smart" he figured out a way to get blacklisted.

haha!

go Browns!! 2 in a row! WooHOO! Next stop - Superbowl!!

...thank god I stopped drinking.

Date: November 15, 2019 17:17

GasLightStreet
Ket
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
crholmstrom

Because they beat the Lions and Chargers? They do have a pretty light schedule. Of their 7 remaining games it looks like they could easily win 4 of them.

But better than the Browns and Steelers.

Date: November 15, 2019 17:22

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
https://lucyssurf.com/lucys-bar-restaurant-new-orleans.html

That restaurant looks great!

A lot of the Saints hang out there. It's where Drew Brees revealed his pre-game chant after winning the 2010 Super Bowl (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlpSG1ImNFg). You can read about it here - [wgno.com].

It's probably still the best Who Dat! hangout in the city.

Lucy's is just funky enough to where you can tell it's been visited a lot instead of made to look that way like so many places have done. It's been there since 1992 and is the second Lucy's. I used to know the original owner, who opened one in the town I live in (I even have a t-shirt, ha ha - it got bought and renamed [www.beachhousemandeville.com] not long after Katrina). There was a Lucy's in Austin (I went there one time, they had crawfish - I felt like I was at home) but for whatever reason, it failed.

I go to Lucy's probably 2 times a year these days. I used to go a lot more when I lived in New Orleans.

[wgno.com]

Date: November 15, 2019 17:54

Ket
GasLightStreet
Ket
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
crholmstrom

80%+ of the teams in the NFL are awful...terrible coaches & too many players just out there for a paycheck (not that I 100% blame them...the league cares nothing about them)

Date: November 15, 2019 18:03

Just out there for a paycheck? Would you do your job for free just because it's "fun"? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The amount of work, both physical and mental, to be an NFL player is beyond what most of us could withstand or comprehend. NO ONE is going through the motions in that league.

Date: November 15, 2019 18:06

Ket
GasLightStreet
Ket
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
crholmstrom

That's like saying 3% is more than 2%.

Date: November 15, 2019 19:11

GasLightStreet
Ket
GasLightStreet
Ket
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
crholmstrom

LOL, ok that was good. I guess where I am coming from is I think the Raiders are playing way above what was expected especially after the Antonio Brown debacle. I think they have a decent chance as a wild card but I am not saying they are SB contenders now.

Date: November 15, 2019 20:05

Ket
GasLightStreet
Ket
GasLightStreet
Ket
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
crholmstrom

LOL, ok that was good. I guess where I am coming from is I think the Raiders are playing way above what was expected especially after the Antonio Brown debacle. I think they have a decent chance as a wild card but I am not saying they are SB contenders now.

HAHA!

Glad to see you have a sense of humor!

I agree with you.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2019 04:07

What Happened?

- I missed it - I heard a Brown's player has been suspended indefinitely for targeting a player with a helmet.

I'm glad that penalty is in place. Concerning the brawl - It's strange how it happens more in baseball as oppose to football.

Date: November 16, 2019 11:45

Chris Fountain
What Happened?

- I missed it - I heard a Brown's player has been suspended indefinitely for targeting a player with a helmet.

I'm glad that penalty is in place. Concerning the brawl - It's strange how it happens more in baseball as oppose to football.

the footage is out there, check it out. cliff notes version: myles garrett ripped mason rudolph's helmet off & then hit him in the head with it. mayhem ensued!

here's the footage:

[www.espn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-16 12:50 by crholmstrom.

Date: November 16, 2019 20:44

It may be stunning to some that the Saints lost to the Rams and Falcants - the latter being a stunner for certain (they do have a history of stupid losses, like losing to the 0-7 and 0-10 Cleveland Browns back in... I can't remember but it was in the mid or late 1990s I think) - but the saying is "any given Sunday"... and it requires a team to actually show up and compete - which the Saints did not against the Rams and especially, at HOME!, the Falcants.

The "Domefield Advantage" hasn't existed for a few years now... their road record this year is as good as their home record, which, as probably most people here may agree, and certainly one or two people specifically, is astounding.

Every game matters in the NFL, unlike MLB, NHL and the NHL. That may be a bit much but 16 games vs 82 or 178 or whatever baseball does... you get the point.

The Saints losing to Cantlanta puts them in a tough spot:

Saints have the NFC South pretty much wrapped up minus a complete meltdown; 49ers are 1st in the NFC. They lost to the Seahawks, who are 3rd. The Saints don't play the Packers, who are 2nd. Saints beat the Seahawks.

If they beat the 49ers and finish with the same record as the Seahawks and or the Packers I'm guessing they'd finish 1st due to beating the 49ers and Seahawks.

Of course, the NFL is a league that allows a team with a losing record to "win" their division and make the playoffs so... nothing will be known until after the games have ended on December 29th.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home