Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 14, 2019 04:42

DGA35
On another note, being a Bears fan I hate the Vikings and QB Kirk Cousins, but it was nice to see them beat the Eagles after Eagles LB Zach Brown said Cousins was the weakest part of their offense. Karma is a bitch my friend! Now I hope the Vikings go on a long losing streak.

Kirk Cousins is overrated IMHO. washington never won anything with him. i've got a similar gut feeling about Garapolo. lot of hype going on there. pains me to say but SF is playing really well right now but i don't think their depth is as good as the seahawks. in the long run, i think kyler murray is going to be special in a deshaun watson kind of way. lot good young guys coming up but a lot of duds out there too. look at mariotta & winston...

Date: October 14, 2019 05:10

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
seahawks struggle yet again against an average team but remember they are suppose to be in the elite of the NFC category

this is tedious. we won a road game with 40% of the starting OL injured including left tackle. 2nd leading receiver goes down probably for rest of the season & still the hawks win. russell wilson is mvp of the league by a growing consensus & chris carson is 1 of the top RBs of the league. the only loss came to the saints & there is no shame in that given how they are playing. funny, the score doesn't show in the standings only wins & losses. who's better? i'd say new orleans, maybe green bay, even bigger maybe san francisco. we'll see who's left standing at the end of the year. who's your team again? what is their record? btw: the seahawks defense is getting mighty again & we get jarran reed back next week. opposing qbs should be afraid!

tedious why? this game showed why they won't win the SB this year

Date: October 14, 2019 05:46

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
seahawks struggle yet again against an average team but remember they are suppose to be in the elite of the NFC category

this is tedious. we won a road game with 40% of the starting OL injured including left tackle. 2nd leading receiver goes down probably for rest of the season & still the hawks win. russell wilson is mvp of the league by a growing consensus & chris carson is 1 of the top RBs of the league. the only loss came to the saints & there is no shame in that given how they are playing. funny, the score doesn't show in the standings only wins & losses. who's better? i'd say new orleans, maybe green bay, even bigger maybe san francisco. we'll see who's left standing at the end of the year. who's your team again? what is their record? btw: the seahawks defense is getting mighty again & we get jarran reed back next week. opposing qbs should be afraid!

them coming back from a deficit on the road to win with another masterful from perhaps the best qb in the league this year? being that they are the 4th youngest team in the league they are going to do nothing but improve as the season goes on. & a few guys coming back for first time this year in next 2 weeks. the seahawks have depth. i guess this is part of being a well run organization. they are a lot like NE in some ways. people hate them too. that's fine. all it does is put a chip on their shoulder which is just how we like it. i would like to say NFC championship is going to be SEA/NO but my gut is telling me that its going to be SEA/GB playing NE in the super bowl for Brady's last stand.

Date: October 14, 2019 14:48

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

them coming back from a deficit on the road to win with another masterful from perhaps the best qb in the league this year? being that they are the 4th youngest team in the league they are going to do nothing but improve as the season goes on. & a few guys coming back for first time this year in next 2 weeks. the seahawks have depth. i guess this is part of being a well run organization. they are a lot like NE in some ways. people hate them too. that's fine. all it does is put a chip on their shoulder which is just how we like it. i would like to say NFC championship is going to be SEA/NO but my gut is telling me that its going to be SEA/GB playing NE in the super bowl for Brady's last stand.

seattle is hated the same as the patriots? not even close. to most people seattle is a blip on the radar every season because they have shown they will blow it when it counts and have pretty much the last 6 seasons. if they were really part of the elite NFC they wouldn't have been down to the browns to begin with. that was the point

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 14, 2019 22:53

The 5 most hated teams, over the years, are as follows:

New England
Dallas
N.Y. Jets
Oakland Raiders
Denver

This not a scientific study and there could be a margin of error smiling smiley

Date: October 14, 2019 23:27

Chris Fountain

New England
Dallas
N.Y. Jets
Oakland Raiders
Denver

well your fell seattle fan says seattle is one of the most hated. since when were the jets and Oakland on that list?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 14, 2019 23:47

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

New England
Dallas
N.Y. Jets
Oakland Raiders
Denver

well your fell seattle fan says seattle is one of the most hated. since when were the jets and Oakland on that list?

My analysis is more historical in nature. For example, Joe Namath, much more likable now was not like by many back in the late 60s.

Kenny Stabler another U of Alabama product was likable and I even liked him back in the day unless they were playing the Baltimore Colts. Many NFL fans hated the Raiders not as much now because of the decline.

Denver - just disgusting especially Elway.

I could go on and on. But you are right. Nationally, Seattle is a well liked team.

Date: October 15, 2019 02:44

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

New England
Dallas
N.Y. Jets
Oakland Raiders
Denver

My analysis is more historical in nature. For example, Joe Namath, much more likable now was not like by many back in the late 60s.

Kenny Stabler another U of Alabama product was likable and I even liked him back in the day unless they were playing the Baltimore Colts. Many NFL fans hated the Raiders not as much now because of the decline.

Denver - just disgusting especially Elway.

I could go on and on. But you are right. Nationally, Seattle is a well liked team.

i agree i remember when elway was with denver there was a lot of hate for him. i am not old enough to remember the other examples

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 15, 2019 03:07

Strictly speaking as a Saints fan the Top 5 Hated Teams are:

Atlanta (aka Can'tlanta/Cantlanta and or the Falcan'ts/Falcants)
Seattle (Seacan'ts/Seacants)
Los Angeles Rams
Chicago
San Francisco

An obvious reason why Saints fans don't hate New England is because they beat
Atlanta, possibly one of the sweetest SB victories EVER because NE never lead the game, Seattle and Los Angeles in Super Bowls.

Date: October 15, 2019 04:14

GasLightStreet

Los Angeles Rams
Chicago
San Francisco

Atlanta, possibly one of the sweetest SB victories EVER because NE never lead the game, Seattle and Los Angeles in Super Bowls.

funny, russell wilson has as many super bowl wins as drew brees. just sayin'...tongue sticking out smiley

Date: October 15, 2019 05:01

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Los Angeles Rams
Chicago
San Francisco

funny, russell wilson has as many super bowl wins as drew brees. just sayin'...tongue sticking out smiley

Just sayin', eh. Hopefully that's all you'll just be just sayin' because if things go as hoped, Brees will have ring #2 in Miami Gardens in 2020, given that the Saints won there in 2010, it's just... I dunno. Of course it seems like the right thing to think but I know that's not how things work (for example, Brady being THE BEST etc and all this crap. Well, and it's become way more obvious this season - Brady won't be winning a SB in 2020).

It's not that kind of hatred - it's just because the Saints alwa - oops.

They've lost to the Seahawks a lot!

True, Wilson has as many win as Brees... but unlike the Seahawks (1-2) and Falcants (0-2), the Saints are 1-0!

Cantlanta fans are downright rude and pathetic winners and pathetic losers. I don't know enough about the Oakland/SF fans that seem to think they're in the WWF or whatever; Philly and Chicago fans can be incredibly rude.

I've never gotten a bad vibe from any Seattle fans.

And if the Saints win in 2020 I won't be just sayin', I'll just #BulbanchaBowl.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 15, 2019 06:57

Wow, poor refing tonight cost the Lions a win.

Date: October 15, 2019 13:12

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Los Angeles Rams
Chicago
San Francisco

Just sayin', eh. Hopefully that's all you'll just be just sayin' because if things go as hoped, Brees will have ring #2 in Miami Gardens in 2020, given that the Saints won there in 2010, it's just... I dunno. Of course it seems like the right thing to think but I know that's not how things work (for example, Brady being THE BEST etc and all this crap. Well, and it's become way more obvious this season - Brady won't be winning a SB in 2020).

True, Wilson has as many win as Brees... but unlike the Seahawks (1-2) and Falcants (0-2), the Saints are 1-0!

Cantlanta fans are downright rude and pathetic winners and pathetic losers. I don't know enough about the Oakland/SF fans that seem to think they're in the WWF or whatever; Philly and Chicago fans can be incredibly rude.

I actually like the Saints some as long as they aren't playing the Seahawks. & Wilson has said Brees is his hero many times. A SEA/NO NFC championship game would be just fine with me. & the Hawks did beat the hell out of Peyton Manning when we won it all. That should count for something! I'm at the point where I think they should lock Peyton & Taylor Swift in a room & make them watch their own commercials until they pee their pants, haha.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 15, 2019 16:05

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
Who can remember all of that! I can't.

A 3-13 team could "win" their division... and host a playoff game.

It's ridiculous.

i agree and no matter what my opinion of the saints i thought it silly that year they had to go play the 7-9 seahawks instead of the saints hosting a game

ancient history. hasselback was still qb for God's sake! a lot of people living in the past. given the length of the typical nfl career, there aren't many players left in the league from that game or the bounty thing in new orleans. new orleans should've won the playoff game but they didn't bother to play the game. it was glorious but way over now.

the issue is still a team with a losing record can host a playoff game even in 2020.

Thank you for bringing it back to the original point.

Date: October 16, 2019 03:29

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Los Angeles Rams
Chicago
San Francisco

I actually like the Saints some as long as they aren't playing the Seahawks. & Wilson has said Brees is his hero many times. A SEA/NO NFC championship game would be just fine with me. & the Hawks did beat the hell out of Peyton Manning when we won it all. That should count for something! I'm at the point where I think they should lock Peyton & Taylor Swift in a room & make them watch their own commercials until they pee their pants, haha.

Ha ha. Wilson is good. No doubt about it. His looking up to Brees is, of course, a nice thing. Brees is one of the greatest QBs to ever play and, statistically, is pretty much already considered the greatest but has a legitimate shot at being the greatest statistical QB ever - and it would be nice if he was to get one more SB ring.

Date: October 16, 2019 19:44

since the afc east always gets bashed, this is interesting

Team winning percentages against teams from outside their division - top 5 teams since 2002:
New England: -- .769
Pittsburgh: -- .616
Indianapolis: -- .594
Denver: -- .581
Green Bay: -- .575

Wins coming from inside their division - the top 5 teams since 2002:
Indianapolis: -- 40.6%
Green Bay: -- 38.7%
Pittsburgh: -- 35.9%
Denver: -- 35.9%
New England: -- 33.6%

Winning Percentages against teams outside their division, not including the top team in the division (year on year). In the case of the AFC East, the top team has typically been the Patriots, so this would be the Jets, Bills & Dolphins record.
AFC East: -- .545
NFC East: -- .523
NFC South: -- .519
AFC North: -- .505
AFC West: -- .498
NFC North: -- .488
AFC South: -- .480
NFC West: -- .447

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: October 16, 2019 19:50

Yes it is interesting and clearly shows evidence that travel and time change definalty hurt the west coast teams,i'm sure its the same in the NHL. The west coast teams put on way more milage...

Date: October 16, 2019 19:56

umakmehrd
Yes it is interesting and clearly shows evidence that travel and time change definalty hurt the west coast teams,i'm sure its the same in the NHL. The west coast teams put on way more milage...

huh? the west coast teams get 8 home games just like all the other teams. one year the jets had to fly to Denver, Oakland, san fran and seattle.

Date: October 16, 2019 20:17

Yes and 8 road games usually in a different time zone

Date: October 16, 2019 20:19

just like what you said "huh? the west coast teams get 8 home games just like all the other teams. one year the jets had to fly to Denver, Oakland, san fran and seattle"

One year - the west coast teams do it every year...

Date: October 16, 2019 20:25

umakmehrd
just like what you said "huh? the west coast teams get 8 home games just like all the other teams. one year the jets had to fly to Denver, Oakland, san fran and seattle"

when Mike Holmgren coached the Seahawks couldn't win 1:00 start in the Eastern time zone. Their bodies were saying 10:00. Thankfully, the current Seahawks don't seem to have an issue with that. I think we have 4 or 5 early games back east this year. so far, so good! could explain the slow starts some though. solution: espresso machines in the locker room! >grinning smiley<

Date: October 16, 2019 20:28

umakmehrd

no they don't. if seattle has 16 games and 10 are non conference, the conference games are all in the same time zone, if they play the nfc east and the afc west depending on the home and away they might fly to the east coast 1 time and the central time zone twice and the rest of the year be on pacific time

Date: October 16, 2019 20:56

Lol go get a petticure with Mr Kraft...

Date: October 16, 2019 21:07

The ATS performance of Pacific Time Zone teams gets progressively worse as they travel further east. Based on these results, many bettors may be tempted to conclude that West Coast teams don’t meet expectations and therefore “play badly” when traveling to the East Coast.

West Coast teams have been very profitable when playing in the Mountain Time Zone, but they have posted a losing record in the Central and Eastern Time Zones. That was particularly noteworthy since there are never 1 PM EST start times when West Coast teams play in the Mountain Time Zone. That seemed to validate the theory that West Coast teams benefit from later start times

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: October 16, 2019 21:09

umakmehrd

Let's not act like a 1-3 hour time difference is THAT big of a deal (ie. Jet Lag).

Especially when you are in peak physical condition in the prime of your life, fly out days in advance, fly first class and then take piles of testosterone and other PEDs upon arrival (and before the game).

...or if you are Tom Brady, you just rely on water and stretching...that cures everything, including sun-burn, concussions and age-related decline....I assume it must cure "jet lag" too.

uh-huh....if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

The NFL is fixed anyway....the travel is meaningless.

Date: October 16, 2019 21:09

umakmehrd
Lol go get a petticure with Mr Kraft...

what does that even mean. if you could tell me under what circumstance the giants would be flying less than the 49ers I'd love to hear it? aren't there more NFL teams in the central time zone then any other time zone?

there are 16 non eastern standard time zone teams.

Date: October 16, 2019 21:10

Its a known fact - teams do things differntly now and try to work with the schedulers as best they can also hire special staff like sleep specialists etc.. so its not as bad as in the past but is it definatley a factor.

Date: October 16, 2019 21:12

the Giants are not flying less they are just not flying as far and entereing as many different time zones... It affects your body when you fly into different time zones thats why teams always get a bye week after going overseas...

Date: October 16, 2019 21:14

Flying from NY to Philly is different than Seattle to Miami

Date: October 16, 2019 21:17

Again its a factor but not as bad as in the past organizations work hard on leveling the playing field and its working... take 2014 for example

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home