Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 8, 2019 23:10

How aboiut that Russel Wilson and the Seahawks!!! How about Christian McCaffery?

Things are looking up!! With Caution.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 9, 2019 00:52

Chris Fountain
How aboiut that Russel Wilson and the Seahawks!!! How about Christian McCaffery?

Things are looking up!! With Caution.

Hawks don't get much respect. They just win & go to the playoffs almost every year since they got Russell. McCaffery is real good. Hope they don't use him to death like Cam Newton.

Date: October 9, 2019 02:10

crholmstrom

Hawks don't get much respect. They just win & go to the playoffs almost every year since they got Russell. McCaffery is real good. Hope they don't use him to death like Cam Newton.

because the seahawks are like the current steelers, treading water and everyone can see it. they go to the playoffs? ok 1/2 of the nfl goes to the playoff

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 9, 2019 04:34

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
i think its time for old pete to retire. he makes some bonehead decisions

maybe after he gets another super bowl win this year. we got lucky to a certain extent thursday but i'd say both teams were pretty equal as evidenced by the final score. seahawks are the 4th youngest team in the league & are still coming together. the rest of the league should be afraid! & russell wilson is playing at mvp levels. maybe the plant based diet has changed pete's brain chemistry, haha.

The Seahawks will not win the 2020 Super Bowl, nor will Pete Carroll ever win another one. They seem to belong to that level of teams that are pretty damn good but can't quite get it done. They did once, just like the Saints, but something is always askew. It's weird how teams with such talent can't quite finish it off. Green Bay and Pittsburgh used to be on that level but both of them have disappeared.

Things are in flux - the older dudes are damn near the end (Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger (if he doesn't retire, he should), Manning and Rodgers. I know there are a few more but when those people are done Russell will be the old man.

The teams that have done it once in recent years that have gotten close are having their windows close - yet somehow the Patriots keep finding ways to win or be in. People may've been tired of the Steelers in the 1970s and 49ers in the 1980s but it was a completely different league back then - players stayed on their teams.

hey don't post the truth in here might upset the seattle fans. I knew after the SB loss to the patriots that the seahawks winning another SB with pete were over

are you the Jets guy? so much anger & bitterness! its kind of like having to follow the seattle mariners in baseball....

I'm not the one who came right out said seattle would never win another SB with pete, the saints fan did. I think pete is the reason seattle will never win another SB .

I wasn't bitter, just practical.

it is practical. i didn't think it was bitter at all

I wasn't saying you were - there's a perception involved, which is all I was pointing out, perhaps poorly said. I certainly have no say in what other people feel - and maybe it can seem you are bitter - or maybe I can seem bitter - but talking ABC about a team, regardless of liking them, isn't automatically bitter.

Although there does seem to be some bitterness about the Patriots, in general, and not just here, so who knows.

Part of it is all with a bit of a wink, it seems, while also - it's stupid, really, being so serious about sports teams. But people can be, at least for a moment, and then whatever. I certainly can't speak for the culture of Seattle but for New Orleans and the Gulf Coast Who Dat Nation, it can be very very intense - and some people do some really stupid shit, like shoot cows.

It seems to me there's some kind of unwritten rule that, being Saints fans, the Who Dat Nation, for the most part, anyway, are accepting/graceful/etc losers when the Saints suck. Just look at the Saints history. Can'tlanta's fan base is a great example of the opposite - they come here and are like Philly or Oakland fans - absolutely rude, crude, hateful and disrespectful, yet Saints fans, win or lose, offer to buy them beers, go out to eat etc, and for the most part, let it go, be in the past.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 9, 2019 15:47

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

because the seahawks are like the current steelers, treading water and everyone can see it. they go to the playoffs? ok 1/2 of the nfl goes to the playoff

12 teams out of 32 go to the playoffs and 4 of them get a buy and don’t play in the first round.

Date: October 9, 2019 16:18

virgil
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

12 teams out of 32 go to the playoffs and 4 of them get a buy and don’t play in the first round.

that's pretty close to half of them

Date: October 10, 2019 04:41

keefriffhard4life
virgil
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

that's pretty close to half of them

16 is exactly half so... kinda close, yeah. They shouldn't get any closer, that's for sure. Of course, there is the ridiculousness of the below-500/losing record division "winner" hosting a playoff game to a team with a better record while other teams with considerably better records are out.

If they go to 17 regular season games nothing will change, with possible exception being the amount of injuries. But even that is debatable since players get hurt for the year in pre-season games, too.

Here's an article from 2015 about losing teams making the playoffs that points out some pretty funny math about... how a really suck team could make it in.

[ftw.usatoday.com]

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 10, 2019 18:20

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
virgil
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Here's an article from 2015 about losing teams making the playoffs that points out some pretty funny math about... how a really suck team could make it in.

[ftw.usatoday.com]

A perfect example: the 2010 season ,the Saints superbowl defending champs finished the season 11 and 5 but did not win their division. So they entered the playoffs as a wild card team they had to travel to Seattle who won their division with a record of 7 and 9. Seattle won the game they would never have won in Orleans that year. Also the 2008 season the patriots finished with an 11 and 5 record and did not even make the playoffs. It was only the second time in the NFL history that a team with 11 wins did not make the playoffs. The other was the 78 Broncos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-10 20:27 by virgil.

Date: October 11, 2019 07:24

Who can remember all of that! I can't.

A 3-13 team could "win" their division... and host a playoff game.

It's ridiculous.

Date: October 11, 2019 20:17

GasLightStreet

It's ridiculous.

i agree and no matter what my opinion of the saints i thought it silly that year they had to go play the 7-9 seahawks instead of the saints hosting a game

Date: October 11, 2019 23:56

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

It's ridiculous.

i agree and no matter what my opinion of the saints i thought it silly that year they had to go play the 7-9 seahawks instead of the saints hosting a game

ancient history. hasselback was still qb for God's sake! a lot of people living in the past. given the length of the typical nfl career, there aren't many players left in the league from that game or the bounty thing in new orleans. new orleans should've won the playoff game but they didn't bother to play the game. it was glorious but way over now.

Date: October 12, 2019 00:14

ATT U-Verse does not carry the NFL Network. Thus I am screwed out of the Panthers-Bucs game held somewhere in England come Sunday A.M.angry smiley

Date: October 12, 2019 03:39

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

It's ridiculous.

ancient history. hasselback was still qb for God's sake! a lot of people living in the past. given the length of the typical nfl career, there aren't many players left in the league from that game or the bounty thing in new orleans. new orleans should've won the playoff game but they didn't bother to play the game. it was glorious but way over now.

the issue is still a team with a losing record can host a playoff game even in 2020.

Date: October 12, 2019 05:17

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

It's ridiculous.

It's not "living in the past", it's just remembering some screwed up things, like how a team gets "rewarded" for sucking.

I've never once said that the Saints would've won if they had hosted. There's an assumption, Dome Field Advantage is the saying, that... isn't always true.

That game Detroit could've beat the Saints - they were decimated. Had they been healthy the would've won. But whatever - the next year they were healthy and lost to the 49ers in the 2012 playoffs (that was one hell of a game, too). The Saints finally won on the road against Philly in 2014... but lost in Seattle again. Their road history indeed sucks... but the playoffs are so odd as it is. I look forward to the 2020 playoffs.

Date: October 12, 2019 05:18

Chris Fountain
ATT U-Verse does not carry the NFL Network. Thus I am screwed out of the Panthers-Bucs game held somewhere in England come Sunday A.M.angry smiley

Who does carry it? I have no idea. Isn't that something you pay for?

Date: October 12, 2019 16:17

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain

Who does carry it? I have no idea. Isn't that something you pay for?

I can stream the game through my I-phone. Still trying to figure out if I can pair with Samsung TV. We play at SF next week. Oddly enough we don't play the Saints until November 24.

Date: October 13, 2019 18:17

it's a gas Gas GAS! the admittedly complicated pre seahawk game rituals have begun. here's some of them: play jumpin jack flash at full volume, eat something with blueberries, drink cafe mocha from cafe on the beach, burn sandalwood incense. we won't get into the clothing requirements. GO HAWKS!

Date: October 13, 2019 18:31

!7-7 Panthers up early 3 qtr

Date: October 13, 2019 18:49

27-7 now Panthers are back I love this revenge game! Maybe Newton was our achille's heel the entire time?

Date: October 13, 2019 18:55

Chris Fountain
27-7 now Panthers are back I love this revenge game! Maybe Newton was our achille's heel the entire time?

you ready for a big qb controversy? those are always fun!

Date: October 13, 2019 19:21

actually a bit worried about today's seahawk game. 40% of the starting offensive line is out due to injury. we're going to need plenty of that Russell Wilson special sauce! smoking smiley

Date: October 13, 2019 19:26

the late game in seattle is dallas/nyj. going to need the incense to cover the smell of that one! sunday nigh is no prize either, lac/pit.

Date: October 13, 2019 20:47

We have the KC vs Houston game KC end zone dane will not make it on Dancing with the Stars spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 13, 2019 23:37

crholmstrom
actually a bit worried about today's seahawk game. 40% of the starting offensive line is out due to injury. we're going to need plenty of that Russell Wilson special sauce! smoking smiley

And fortunately he brought plenty cool smiley
#MVP

5-1 !!!
Go Hawks!

Date: October 14, 2019 02:40

seahawks struggle yet again against an average team but remember they are suppose to be in the elite of the NFC category

Date: October 14, 2019 03:09

keefriffhard4life
seahawks struggle yet again against an average team but remember they are suppose to be in the elite of the NFC category

this is tedious. we won a road game with 40% of the starting OL injured including left tackle. 2nd leading receiver goes down probably for rest of the season & still the hawks win. russell wilson is mvp of the league by a growing consensus & chris carson is 1 of the top RBs of the league. the only loss came to the saints & there is no shame in that given how they are playing. funny, the score doesn't show in the standings only wins & losses. who's better? i'd say new orleans, maybe green bay, even bigger maybe san francisco. we'll see who's left standing at the end of the year. who's your team again? what is their record? btw: the seahawks defense is getting mighty again & we get jarran reed back next week. opposing qbs should be afraid!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 03:37

Hahaha, the Cowboys lost to the JETS!

Jason Garrett has GOT to be on the hot seat now with the 'Boys at 3-3.

Date: October 14, 2019 03:41

keefriff99

extra pleasure: it was jerry jones' birthday! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 04:29

crholmstrom
keefriff99

extra pleasure: it was jerry jones' birthday! >grinning smiley<

Everyone on twitter saying Garrett has got to go!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 04:31

On another note, being a Bears fan I hate the Vikings and QB Kirk Cousins, but it was nice to see them beat the Eagles after Eagles LB Zach Brown said Cousins was the weakest part of their offense. Karma is a bitch my friend! Now I hope the Vikings go on a long losing streak.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home