Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2019 06:23

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian
Antonio Brown cut by the Patriots today. Looks like he will be riding the "nobody wants you" bench with Colin Kaepernick.

good riddance to AB. not the same as Colin Kaepernick at all. with the level of QB play in the league right now, its criminal that no one has given him a chance.

That is absurd. It's flat out bizarre. There's obviously some kind of hush-hush that the owners have all agreed to - the fan base, which is kind of odd considering the stupid TV money that will go away soon, and the US military paying $$$ to what they do with the games, has helped to inflate that mindset. It's created a 'WE'RE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD' mentality that the NFL has found itself catering to... to a point. Cue the TV production and suddenly there's a glorious 'look at what we've done' thing going on.

You can certainly bet there is a degree of racism amongst NFL fans (and to whatever extent, team owners) about black men being on their team, yet alone the mindset of ones not on their team. So to rock that boat in an opposite direction with Kaepernick... it's obvious: many horrible QBs have been signed to teams while he just lingers without being "considered" while morons like Antonio Brown and a few others, who happen to be black, are OK.

It's pathetic.

the players union didn't get involved with the kaepernick issue because they won't back him . the union exists to get the players raises and they won't side with any player that could hurt the revenue of the nfl

Huh.

Imagine that.

A distinct unification.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 21, 2019 11:53

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian
Antonio Brown cut by the Patriots today. Looks like he will be riding the "nobody wants you" bench with Colin Kaepernick.

good riddance to AB. not the same as Colin Kaepernick at all. with the level of QB play in the league right now, its criminal that no one has given him a chance.

That is absurd. It's flat out bizarre. There's obviously some kind of hush-hush that the owners have all agreed to - the fan base, which is kind of odd considering the stupid TV money that will go away soon, and the US military paying $$$ to what they do with the games, has helped to inflate that mindset. It's created a 'WE'RE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD' mentality that the NFL has found itself catering to... to a point. Cue the TV production and suddenly there's a glorious 'look at what we've done' thing going on.

You can certainly bet there is a degree of racism amongst NFL fans (and to whatever extent, team owners) about black men being on their team, yet alone the mindset of ones not on their team. So to rock that boat in an opposite direction with Kaepernick... it's obvious: many horrible QBs have been signed to teams while he just lingers without being "considered" while morons like Antonio Brown and a few others, who happen to be black, are OK.

It's pathetic.

the players union didn't get involved with the kaepernick issue because they won't back him . the union exists to get the players raises and they won't side with any player that could hurt the revenue of the nfl

Huh.

Imagine that.

A distinct unification.

the NFL player's union is a horrible joke. the revenues in the NFL are astronomical & yet player salaries aren't guaranteed. this for the sport with the lowest "lifespan" of a player & by far the most (& worst) injuries. the big money is changing hands somewhere above the player level. i have been enjoying watch a few manage to turn the franchise tag back against the owners. like leveon bell & jadaveon clowney. overall my interest in sports is waning as it has become another toy for the wealthy & greed is rampant. have you checked the prices for NFL games lately? i can't afford to pay more than i paid for the stones for a game. sadly, baseball seems to be following suit. i've only been to 1 game this year & i used to go to at least 1 game a homestand. for 1 bleacher ticket, parking, a burger & a lemonade, i was out $100. all to watch my glorified AAA team get slaughtered. i'm still watching the seahawks but that could change & it is with a huge grain of salt. i hope kaepernick has his day in court & prevails.

Date: September 21, 2019 15:13

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

Huh.

Imagine that.

A distinct unification.

the NFL player's union is a horrible joke. the revenues in the NFL are astronomical & yet player salaries aren't guaranteed. this for the sport with the lowest "lifespan" of a player & by far the most (& worst) injuries. the big money is changing hands somewhere above the player level. i have been enjoying watch a few manage to turn the franchise tag back against the owners. like leveon bell & jadaveon clowney. overall my interest in sports is waning as it has become another toy for the wealthy & greed is rampant. have you checked the prices for NFL games lately? i can't afford to pay more than i paid for the stones for a game. sadly, baseball seems to be following suit. i've only been to 1 game this year & i used to go to at least 1 game a homestand. for 1 bleacher ticket, parking, a burger & a lemonade, i was out $100. all to watch my glorified AAA team get slaughtered. i'm still watching the seahawks but that could change & it is with a huge grain of salt. i hope kaepernick has his day in court & prevails.

the only response I have to this is the players union agreed to the current terms and contracts being offered. if there is an issue with franchise tagging, how much of a contract is guaranteed, how much the contracts increase per season, length of contracts , etc then its up to the players union and their lawyer and representatives to make the changes with the owners.

as far as kaepernick, what day in court? lol. his grievance was already settled and the case closed. unless I'm missing something that was the end of any lawsuits against the nfl by him. if the reports are true he settled for less money than the broncos or ravens offered him to actually play, Denver he turned them down and Baltimore his girlfriend acted like an idiot all over twitter and upset the ravens owner, the GM and ray lewis who was instrumental in getting kaepernick a meeting with the team. my guess he saw the players union wasn't going to back him and then took whatever money was offered because as reports leaked he was offered a job by Denver and said no, blew it with the ravens and flat out didn't want anything to do with Miami plus the original opting out of the 49ers contract it's hard to say "no one will hire me or give me a chance"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-21 15:16 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: September 21, 2019 15:16

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

Huh.

Imagine that.

A distinct unification.

the only response I have to this is the players union agreed to the current terms and contracts being offered. if there is an issue with franchise tagging, how much of a contract is guaranteed, how much the contracts increase per season, length of contracts , etc then its up to the players union and their lawyer and representatives to make the changes with the owners.

as far as kaepernick, what day in court? lol. his grievance was already settled and the case closed. unless I'm missing something that was the end of any lawsuits against the nfl by him. if the reports are true he settled for less money than the broncos or ravens offered him to actually play, Denver he turned them down and Baltimore his girlfriend acted like an idiot all over twitter and upset the ravens owner, the GM and ray lewis who was instrumental in getting kaepernick a meeting with the team.

must've missed the court thing. life has been extremely complex in a lot of bad ways lately. i still don't think the player's union has done an adequate job protecting the players.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 21, 2019 15:27

Putting AB and Kaepernick in the same sentence is grotesque.

Having said that, Kaepernick has done himself no favors. He doesn't talk to the media or articulate his position. Does the guy even WANT to play at this point? He puts out workout videos occasionally, but it's pretty unclear what he wants. He did have several job offers and turned them down.

However, it does make me sick that a man peacefully protesting (kneeling at the suggestion of a U.S. army vet) is treated more viciously than drug addicts, abusers of women, and rapists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-21 15:30 by keefriff99.

Date: September 21, 2019 16:04

keefriff99

Having said that, Kaepernick has done himself no favors. He doesn't talk to the media or articulate his position. Does the guy even WANT to play at this point? He puts out workout videos occasionally, but it's pretty unclear what he wants. He did have several job offers and turned them down.

However, it does make me sick that a man peacefully protesting (kneeling at the suggestion of a U.S. army vet) is treated more viciously than drug addicts, abusers of women, and rapists.

I'm not lumping any players together. they all have very different situations going on. I was just pointing out that he was offered jobs, same as players who have done things actually against the law, but didn't want, or in the case of the ravens let his girlfriend make twitter posts that should have never been made, those jobs and now acts like "whoa is me"

Date: September 21, 2019 16:15

keefriff99

totally agree with that last sentence

Date: September 21, 2019 16:42

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

Huh.

Imagine that.

A distinct unification.

as far as kaepernick, what day in court? lol. his grievance was already settled and the case closed. unless I'm missing something that was the end of any lawsuits against the nfl by him. if the reports are true he settled for less money than the broncos or ravens offered him to actually play, Denver he turned them down and Baltimore his girlfriend acted like an idiot all over twitter and upset the ravens owner, the GM and ray lewis who was instrumental in getting kaepernick a meeting with the team.

must've missed the court thing. life has been extremely complex in a lot of bad ways lately. i still don't think the player's union has done an adequate job protecting the players.

all the players union job is to make more money for the players. they really could care less about anything else. they are pretty much looking out for the top 5% highest paid players. I saw an article that 7 of the last 10 actual player safety issues the owners proposed them and the players union at first wouldn't back it, example helmet changes to reduce concussions

Date: September 21, 2019 17:25

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

I'm not lumping any players together. they all have very different situations going on. I was just pointing out that he was offered jobs, same as players who have done things actually against the law, but didn't want, or in the case of the ravens let his girlfriend make twitter posts that should have never been made, those jobs and now acts like "whoa is me"
I wasn't talking about you...I was talking about the guy who said AB is now in the same situation as Kaepernick despite AB being a low-life headcase.

AB would play in the league again before Kap.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 21, 2019 17:34

I see that the Pats dropped Browm. He may now be out of a career.

Date: September 21, 2019 17:37

Chris Fountain
The odds are low, but I COULD see him playing again once this all blows over. However, he's 31 and the clock is ticking on his prime as a WR.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 21, 2019 17:40

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

Please, save the race card for twitter. Fans and owners not wanting black players on their team IS an absurd statement. The NFL has made THOUSANDS of black and white players millionaires. More than any other sport. I've never heard fans complaining about their team having black players. That's stupid. Teams want the best players available. The league and owners are running a multi billion dollar business empire, and fans buy the tickets and watch the games on tv. Sponsors buy commercial time, invest in league and league is involved in many extra-curricular activities all of which have demands for their investments. IMO, it's bad enough they allow all these stupid end zone celebrations and constant stoppages of play. Just play the game like soccer, keep the clock running.

Date: September 21, 2019 17:48

Chris Fountain

Maybe a lower team in the Power Ranks will pick him up.

Date: September 21, 2019 18:32

The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

Please, save the race card for twitter. Fans and owners not wanting black players on their team IS an absurd statement. The NFL has made THOUSANDS of black and white players millionaires. More than any other sport. I've never heard fans complaining about their team having black players. That's stupid. Teams want the best players available. The league and owners are running a multi billion dollar business empire, and fans buy the tickets and watch the games on tv. Sponsors buy commercial time, invest in league and league is involved in many extra-curricular activities all of which have demands for their investments. IMO, it's bad enough they allow all these stupid end zone celebrations and constant stoppages of play. Just play the game like soccer, keep the clock running.
No, but there is a disturbing paternalism to the NFL fanbase.

"Destroy your bodies for our amusement, and shut up about it. Don't ask for more money, you spoiled brats. Don't celebrate, don't show any personality, and certainly don't expose us heartland types to your 'urban' flavor."

Date: September 21, 2019 18:41

keefriff99
The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

"Destroy your bodies for our amusement, and shut up about it. Don't ask for more money, you spoiled brats. Don't celebrate, don't show any personality, and certainly don't expose us heartland types to your 'urban' flavor."

I mean they don't have to "ask" for more money as there is set criteria outlined for players at certain positions, years in the league, making a pro bowl, etc. the players are just unhappy because a lot of them weren't around last time all this was hammered out and agreed upon

Date: September 21, 2019 18:42

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

I mean they don't have to "ask" for more money as there is set criteria outlined for players at certain positions, years in the league, making a pro bowl, etc. the players are just unhappy because a lot of them weren't around last time all this was hammered out and agreed upon
They're always trying to increase the % of the revenue that's allocated to player salary and improve the % of contracts that are guaranteed.

Date: September 21, 2019 18:49

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

They're always trying to increase the % of the revenue that's allocated to player salary and improve the % of contracts that are guaranteed.

and they do and I know they have already put in what they want when they come to the table of the next collective bargaining agreement.

Date: September 21, 2019 18:54

The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

It's pathetic.

Uh... you completely misunderstood what I was saying. You obviously haven't been exposed to people that say things as to why I said what I said.

Date: September 22, 2019 15:40

The Notre Dame at Georgia game was of epic magnitudes. In attendance were 93k plus in garlett and silver. There were bad calls, and fan craziness. These two programs are of historic proportions in CFB. It was a great game.

Howevver, despite closing in on Clemson and Alabama, "Miles to Go and Miles Away" (Hello Sunshine Br. Spr,)

Date: September 22, 2019 16:18

Chris Fountain
The Notre Dame at Georgia game was of epic magnitudes. In attendance were 93k plus in garlett and silver. There were bad calls, and fan craziness. These two programs are of historic proportions in CFB. It was a great game.

Howevver, despite closing in on Clemson and Alabama, "Miles to Go and Miles Away" (Hello Sunshine Br. Spr,)

UCLA/WSU was epic too!

Date: September 22, 2019 16:28

UCLA/WSU was epic too!

Saw higlights on ESPN Inexplicable. I guess UCLA won?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 22, 2019 17:12

Jets vs. New England today. Prediciton: 63-0 (won't say which team will win - you have to watch to find out)

Date: September 22, 2019 18:02

AB says he's finished playing in the NFL...called out hypocrisy re: Kraft massage parlor scandal, Big Ben rape accusations, and Shannon Sharpe sexual assault allegations.

The guy's unhinged, but he's not wrong either:

[twitter.com]

Date: September 22, 2019 21:01

LeonidP
Jets vs. New England today. Prediciton: 63-0 (won't say which team will win - you have to watch to find out)

my guess is the team not missing 9 starters including all 4 starting LBs, the starting QB, a starting WR and on top of that using a 3rd string practice squad QB will win 63-0

Date: September 22, 2019 22:31

Weeze gits Saints at Sesattle on Tele me Happy Go Hawks Happy 70th Bruce!

Date: September 22, 2019 22:31

Date: September 23, 2019 14:50

We now have a QB !!! and CM ripping one off for 76 yds from scrimmage? I'm more comfotrable. Panthers!!

Many questionable calls in the Saints - Hawks game.

Date: September 23, 2019 19:09

Chris Fountain

Hawks game was brutal. Simply, they were not good at all except for Russell Wilson. He's superman but can't do it by himself.

Date: October 5, 2019 21:26

Saints fans complaining about Bridgewater. Come on - they haven't given the guy a chance. I think he'll do much better tomorrow against the Bucs, who bizarrely beat the Rams, who have now lost 2 in a row!

Date: October 5, 2019 21:36

The Pats have had a ridiculously easy schedule so far this year. The Bills have been the only challenging team so far and they could barely beat them.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home