Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:22

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriff99
crholmstrom
keefriff99
Steelers are washed...Ben just needs to hang it up.

rough day for the senior citizens not named brady. even sounds like adam vinatari might retire tomorrow.
Brady has a horseshoe up his butt. As much of a fan as I am, it sometimes feels ridiculously unfair how immune they are to what the rest of the league suffers.

playing cream-puffs like Miami, NYJets and Buffalo 6x per year doesn't hurt.

...nor does knowing the other teams' plays in advance eye popping smiley

I imagine all the PEDs PseudoScience Scumbag Alex Guerrero gets him help out as well...

but, yes...he still is pretty lucky.

That being said: Go Browns! We beat the Jets! We're ready for the StupidBowl!!

man...if the Jets & Miami didn't have to play each other twice, they'd both go 0-16....what a joke.

the patriots over the last 20 seasons have the best record in the entire NFL against non AFC East opponents and the beset record against the entire NFL so go ahead and blame the AFC East when in fact they have almost the exact same record again the rest of the nfl. AFC east record on average in 5-1 and the rest of their schedule average is 7-3 with the non AFC East average being against the rest of the AFC 4-2

I never said anything about winning or losing...we were talking about injuries....and I just said it doesn't hurt to play loser-teams 6x a year (which it doesn't)

and knowing the other teams' plays in advance is probably a great way to avoid injury, no?

Pats fans take all of this waaaaaaaay too seriously. It's not my fault you got busted cheating and can't accept it.

I'm just having fun, dude. The NFL is rigged anyway, so don't worry about it.

Date: September 17, 2019 18:24

keefriff99
The Jets weren't going to be great, but they've had a lot of bad luck in this young season.

The Dolphins are on another level in terms of ineptness.

thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:26

keefriffhard4life is a JETS fan. He's just saying that there's no appreciable difference between the Pats' record in the AFC East and the rest of the NFL.

I'm a Pats fan, and I don't take this shit seriously at all. Kraft, Belichick, and Brady are all borderline sociopathic like most ultra-successful people. Who knows what shady shit they do behind the scenes?

Date: September 17, 2019 18:31

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life is a JETS fan. He's just saying that there's no appreciable difference between the Pats' record in the AFC East and the rest of the NFL.

I'm a Pats fan, and I don't take this shit seriously at all. Kraft, Belichick, and Brady are all borderline sociopathic like most ultra-successful people. Who knows what shady shit they do behind the scenes?

thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

I didn't disagree w/ the record. however, it was my understanding there would be no math....

[vimeo.com]

J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets! I'm cool w/ the Jets. They kinda suck, but I'm cool w/ them.

I'm a Browns fan...so, I'm cool w/ basically all the Tomato Cans of the league

Go Browns!

Factory of Sadness!

Date: September 17, 2019 18:59

keefriff99

exactly. people blame the AFC east but its the entire NFL that has a hard time with them. for instance I believe mike tomlins steelers are 3-8 against the patriots and when rex ryan was the jets coach he was 4-9 against them. about the exact same record despite being 2 different teams, divisions, coaches , quality of players , etc

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:18

keefriff99

They kiss their kids on the mouth for one.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:19

Miami just traded Ryan Fitzpatrick to Pittsburg for 1st round pick to replace Ben. I thought they would start the other backup that replaced Ben against seahawks.

Date: September 17, 2019 19:32

OpenG
Miami just traded Ryan Fitzpatrick to Pittsburg for 1st round pick to replace Ben. I thought they would start the other backup that replaced Ben against seahawks.

lol you have most of that post wrong. check again who got traded and what position

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:44

FL 2019 new
Posted by: keefriffhard4life ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:32

OpenG

lol you have most of that post wrong. check again who got traded and what position

Yeah when they mentioned Fitzpatrick I thought it was Miami quarterback since he was playing poorly but its the safety named Fitzpatrick to Pittsburg.

Date: September 17, 2019 20:05

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

exactly. people blame the AFC east but its the entire NFL that has a hard time with them. for instance I believe mike tomlins steelers are 3-8 against the patriots and when rex ryan was the jets coach he was 4-9 against them. about the exact same record despite being 2 different teams, divisions, coaches , quality of players , etc

I still think you are missing the point (which was about injuries NOT winning and losing).

I'll try one last time:

Weaker teams have crappier D-Lineman, crappier Linebackers, crappier Blitzing Safeties and More Predictable Defensive Coordinators play-calling...

Strong teams have better O-Lineman and play-calling (or people stealing the plays)

What is the result? The QB of the Strong Team gets hit a lot less = Less Injuries

AFC has 3 weak teams and that has been the case for awhile, if memory serves (it doesn't always).

by-weeks also reduce the possibility of injury as well (not playing vs. playing an extra game every year)...I'm pretty sure the Pats got a by-week last year over the Chargers b/c of their crap-division, despite San Diego (aka "LA") having a better record.

I might be wrong on this...memory again.

Baltimore should be in the AFC East and Buffalo the North...common sense geography.

Prediction: They move B'more to the East as soon as TBDB retires...sometime in AD 2036

Go Browns! Baker Mayfield is a tool, but he's all we got!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-17 20:05 by stickyfingers101.

Date: September 17, 2019 22:32

stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

I still think you are missing the point (which was about injuries NOT winning and losing).

I'll try one last time:

Weaker teams have crappier D-Lineman, crappier Linebackers, crappier Blitzing Safeties and More Predictable Defensive Coordinators play-calling...

Strong teams have better O-Lineman and play-calling (or people stealing the plays)

What is the result? The QB of the Strong Team gets hit a lot less = Less Injuries

AFC has 3 weak teams and that has been the case for awhile, if memory serves (it doesn't always).

by-weeks also reduce the possibility of injury as well (not playing vs. playing an extra game every year)...I'm pretty sure the Pats got a by-week last year over the Chargers b/c of their crap-division, despite San Diego (aka "LA") having a better record.

Baltimore should be in the AFC East and Buffalo the North...common sense geography.

Prediction: They move B'more to the East as soon as TBDB retires...sometime in AD 2036

I don't agree with this. for years the jets were a defense only team but they still never got to brady. I remember one year the jets played the pats somewhere around week 8. might have been week 9 or week 7. going into that game the jets lead the league in sacks/QB hits per game. not only did they sack brady zero times but the pats o-line wasn't called for a single hold

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 17, 2019 23:05

'm a Pats fan, and I don't take this shit seriously at all. Kraft, Belichick, and Brady are all borderline sociopathic like most ultra-successful people. Who knows what shady shit they do behind the scenes?

Seems like it, they will waltz through the AFC North. Funny thing -Dolphins are +20.5 at Dallas and the Jets are +21. This has to be the first time in NFL History that two teams from the same division have been underdogs of this magnitude. Buffalo isn't much better.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 18, 2019 02:50

stickyfingers101
keefriff99
The Jets weren't going to be great, but they've had a lot of bad luck in this young season.

The Dolphins are on another level in terms of ineptness.

thumbs up

And both are 21-point underdogs this week.

Date: September 18, 2019 02:56

stickyfingers101

Geographically speaking, probably right, but Buffalo has played the NY Jets, Patriots and Dolphins for over 50 years. Don't f+ck with tradition.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 18, 2019 04:36

keefriffhard4life
the nfl finished giving the karma to the saints for trying to injure players on purpose yet or what?

Still riding that tired wagon, eh? Obviously. Which is extremely charming considering who is your team's defensive "coordinator".

Date: September 18, 2019 06:13

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
the nfl finished giving the karma to the saints for trying to injure players on purpose yet or what?

Still riding that tired wagon, eh? Obviously. Which is extremely charming considering who is your team's defensive "coordinator".

that bandwagon? gregg williams was just called out again by ODBJ before this weeks game against the jets. williams responded by saying he never taught he players to do that. ok then he needs to be arrested for lying under oath as he testified exactly the opposite so either he is lying now or was lying then and has now through a news conference confirmed he lied in court. its ok. the saints keep getting screwed on calls

Date: September 18, 2019 23:39

I'm glad Carolina is benching Newton. Also, I'm happy the Panthers are only one game out in division.

Sports radio quiet in Fl. Dolphins are now talking long term rehab to right the ship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-18 23:40 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 19, 2019 00:50

Chris Fountain
I'm glad Carolina is benching Newton. Also, I'm happy the Panthers are only one game out in division.

Sports radio quiet in Fl. Dolphins are now talking long term rehab to right the ship.

maybe tickets will be affordable this year!

Date: September 19, 2019 00:59

maybe tickets will be affordable this year!

Dolphins are more disorganized than Uber Drivers at the MIA (Miami Intl Airprt) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 19, 2019 07:15

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

that bandwagon? gregg williams was just called out again by ODBJ before this weeks game against the jets. williams responded by saying he never taught he players to do that. ok then he needs to be arrested for lying under oath as he testified exactly the opposite so either he is lying now or was lying then and has now through a news conference confirmed he lied in court. its ok. the saints keep getting screwed on calls

I may be wrong but you seem to think that the Saints liked him. I can't tell if you just hate the Saints or... something. Like accusing the Patriots of cheating: it's convenient. Yet... your favorite team has Williams as a coach now.

It's OK that the Saints keep getting screwed on calls... by the one that talks about "karma." I can't help that the Saints haven't been good enough to not have the calls be a factor but the karma... ha ha. It's not just the Saints.

And... the Jets have Williams.

0-16?

Date: September 19, 2019 15:50

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

I may be wrong but you seem to think that the Saints liked him. I can't tell if you just hate the Saints or... something. Like accusing the Patriots of cheating: it's convenient. Yet... your favorite team has Williams as a coach now.

It's OK that the Saints keep getting screwed on calls... by the one that talks about "karma." I can't help that the Saints haven't been good enough to not have the calls be a factor but the karma... ha ha. It's not just the Saints.

And... the Jets have Williams.

0-16?

I'm not saying I like the guy or the saints liked the guy or I'm happy he works for my team.

I'm saying he was called out again last week by now browns WR OBJ that when Williams worked the browns he told players to try and hurt him on purpose when he played for the giants. his statement made it sound like his story was partially backed up by current browns players who played under Williams.

Williams however stated in a press conference he has never told , taught, instructed, etc players in the nfl to try and hurt someone in purpose.

Williams, who left after the season to become defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, was summoned to NFL headquarters after the investigation concluded in mid-February. He initially denied any involvement, but recanted and admitted everything in a meeting with Goodell. After the story broke, Williams issued a statement calling his involvement "a terrible mistake." Williams said that he knew all along the slush fund broke the rules, and that "I should have stopped it" rather than get further involved.

the was the testimony Williams gave to the nfl so now years later he is admitting he lied on his testimony or he is lying now.

Date: September 19, 2019 16:34

The Sicilian
stickyfingers101

Geographically speaking, probably right, but Buffalo has played the NY Jets, Patriots and Dolphins for over 50 years. Don't f+ck with tradition.

They re-aligned the divisions in 2002...there is no "tradition" of keeping teams in a division (or even in a city).

[bleacherreport.com]

Date: September 19, 2019 16:48

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

I'll try one last time:

I don't agree with this. for years the jets were a defense only team but they still never got to brady. I remember one year the jets played the pats somewhere around week 8. might have been week 9 or week 7. going into that game the jets lead the league in sacks/QB hits per game. not only did they sack brady zero times but the pats o-line wasn't called for a single hold

Wow!

This just tells me how rigged the games are (and/or the Pats have been, and continue to, steal plays all the time).

Jets lead the league in sacks, but somehow can't get to Brady ONCE? How do you explain that? The Pats are just "that good?" Please.

The Pats O-Line not being called for a single holding-call is absurd...it's just more evidence of rigging (for the Pats to win & to protect Brady)....

there's holding on EVERY play, even Brady admitted that....it's all whether the refs decide to call it.

[247sports.com]

here's more fuel for my point about the "protect Brady" mentality, if you want to believe this dude:

[www.msn.com]

Ron Torbert (NFL Ref) is VP AND sits on the Board of Directors for Barton Malow Company...the very company that got the contract to build Gillette Stadium....

[www.crainsdetroit.com]

[www.wje.com]

[www.bartonmalow.com]

here he is bro-hugging Brady before another Patriots win....Brady probably didn't get sacked in that game either:

[ftw.usatoday.com]

If the league-leader in sacks (Jets) can't get to Brady ONCE, how are cream-puffs like Miami and Buffalo going to get to him?

which was/is my point.

My other point is: Brady is protected and essentially off-limits....the Chiefs were called for a critical "Roughing" penalty last year in the AFC Championship for basically breathing in the vicinity of Brady....

[www.12up.com]

but, as stated....yes, he is also VERY lucky. Even w/ all this extra protection a QB can still get lit-up....so, yes...he is lucky.

....but, it's not all luck or talent or the TB12 Pseudoscience...it's rigged.

NFL 4-Evah!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-19 16:50 by stickyfingers101.

Date: September 19, 2019 17:04

stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

I'll try one last time:

Wow!

This just tells me how rigged the games are (and/or the Pats have been, and continue to, steal plays all the time).

Jets lead the league in sacks, but somehow can't get to Brady ONCE? How do you explain that? The Pats are just "that good?" Please.

The Pats O-Line not being called for a single holding-call is absurd...it's just more evidence of rigging (for the Pats to win & to protect Brady)....

there's holding on EVERY play, even Brady admitted that....it's all whether the refs decide to call it.

[247sports.com]

here's more fuel for my point about the "protect Brady" mentality, if you want to believe this dude:

[www.msn.com]

Ron Torbert (NFL Ref) is VP AND sits on the Board of Directors for Barton Malow Company...the very company that got the contract to build Gillette Stadium....

[www.crainsdetroit.com]

[www.wje.com]

[www.bartonmalow.com]

here he is bro-hugging Brady before another Patriots win....Brady probably didn't get sacked in that game either:

[ftw.usatoday.com]

If the league-leader in sacks (Jets) can't get to Brady ONCE, how are cream-puffs like Miami and Buffalo going to get to him?

which was/is my point.

My other point is: Brady is protected and essentially off-limits....the Chiefs were called for a critical "Roughing" penalty last year in the AFC Championship for basically breathing in the vicinity of Brady....

[www.12up.com]

but, as stated....yes, he is also VERY lucky. Even w/ all this extra protection a QB can still get lit-up....so, yes...he is lucky.

....but, it's not all luck or talent or the TB12 Pseudoscience...it's rigged.

NFL 4-Evah!!!

i do agree there is technically holding on every play if the refs wanted to call it. I clearly remember this game and remember it being close to 1/2 way into the season. if it was within the first month no reliable data to me to say "yeah the jets can get to QBs" but because it was far into the season seemed odd. this may have been the 2009 season when the jets played at the pats week 11 which was the jets 10th game that year. they beat the pats that year 16-9 in new York but then lost to the pats 14-31 in new England. if not its possible it was the 2011 season week 10 which was the jets 9th game and they lost 16-37.

either way I remember after the game rex ryan being asked about his team leading the league in QB pressure up until that point in the season and them never sacking brady during the game or the o-line drawing any penalties for holding and rex ryan said something like "I guess we all see different things during the game. holding happens on most plays during the game. it's not up to me to throw penalty flags for what I see. that's not the job of the head coach. those duties fall on officials and that sounds like a question they need to address."

Date: September 20, 2019 12:12

mustache mania! gardner minshew II looked pretty good last night. the jaguar running game was rather pathetic though. i suspect that mike leach is going to be on minshew's xmas card list forever. i'm a UW fan so hard to give WSU props but have to admit that mike leach has built a pretty good program over in the eastern wasteland. now luke falk starting for jets too. i suspect that one won't be a long term thing though. loved the mention of tom brady tweet about turning off the game because it was unwatchable because of all the penalties. i would tend to agree.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 20, 2019 16:41

stickyfingers101, every goddamn year you spew the same paranoid nonsense about the Patriots like a raving Alex Jones acolyte.

There's zero reason for the NFL to favor the Patriots. The hatred for the Patriots outside New England is white hot, and Super Bowl fatigue has set in, as evidenced by the ratings earlier this year.

Goodell would love for ANY other team to ascend to prominence, one more likeable and with younger faces.

The Patriots are surely guilty of shady dealings, but to claim the NFL is complicit is the height of paranoia.

Date: September 21, 2019 01:30

Antonio Brown cut by the Patriots today. Looks like he will be riding the "nobody wants you" bench with Colin Kaepernick.

Date: September 21, 2019 03:10

The Sicilian
Antonio Brown cut by the Patriots today. Looks like he will be riding the "nobody wants you" bench with Colin Kaepernick.

good riddance to AB. not the same as Colin Kaepernick at all. with the level of QB play in the league right now, its criminal that no one has given him a chance.

Date: September 21, 2019 04:42

crholmstrom
The Sicilian

good riddance to AB. not the same as Colin Kaepernick at all. with the level of QB play in the league right now, its criminal that no one has given him a chance.

That is absurd. It's flat out bizarre. There's obviously some kind of hush-hush that the owners have all agreed to - the fan base, which is kind of odd considering the stupid TV money that will go away soon, and the US military paying $$$ to what they do with the games, has helped to inflate that mindset. It's created a 'WE'RE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD' mentality that the NFL has found itself catering to... to a point. Cue the TV production and suddenly there's a glorious 'look at what we've done' thing going on.

You can certainly bet there is a degree of racism amongst NFL fans (and to whatever extent, team owners) about black men being on their team, yet alone the mindset of ones not on their team. So to rock that boat in an opposite direction with Kaepernick... it's obvious: many horrible QBs have been signed to teams while he just lingers without being "considered" while morons like Antonio Brown and a few others, who happen to be black, are OK.

It's pathetic.

Date: September 21, 2019 05:44

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

That is absurd. It's flat out bizarre. There's obviously some kind of hush-hush that the owners have all agreed to - the fan base, which is kind of odd considering the stupid TV money that will go away soon, and the US military paying $$$ to what they do with the games, has helped to inflate that mindset. It's created a 'WE'RE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD' mentality that the NFL has found itself catering to... to a point. Cue the TV production and suddenly there's a glorious 'look at what we've done' thing going on.

You can certainly bet there is a degree of racism amongst NFL fans (and to whatever extent, team owners) about black men being on their team, yet alone the mindset of ones not on their team. So to rock that boat in an opposite direction with Kaepernick... it's obvious: many horrible QBs have been signed to teams while he just lingers without being "considered" while morons like Antonio Brown and a few others, who happen to be black, are OK.

It's pathetic.

the players union didn't get involved with the kaepernick issue because they won't back him . the union exists to get the players raises and they won't side with any player that could hurt the revenue of the nfl

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home