Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: September 5, 2019 22:46

Yes its game day !! 100 years

Looking forward to Sunday vs the Bengals
Our defence will have its swagger back wtih Ziggy & Clowney on the edges !!

LET"S GO 12"s

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 5, 2019 23:44

how about the Antonio Brown situation? might lose 30 million in guaranteed money for being a knucklehead. eesh!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 6, 2019 00:51

crholmstrom
how about the Antonio Brown situation? might lose 30 million in guaranteed money for being a knucklehead. eesh!

He doesn't need a helmet he is hard headed.smiling smiley

Date: September 6, 2019 02:09

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

He doesn't need a helmet he is hard headed.smiling smiley

no brains, no headaches....

Date: September 6, 2019 02:13

crholmstrom
1 day to go until the holy day: start of the real season. We are quite excited in Seattle having totally fleeced Houston to get Clowney. We gave up a guy who was going to be cut, a third stringer & 3rd round draft pick. & Houston is paying half his salary! Even if he leaves after this year, we would recoup a similar draft pick as compensation. This is GM of the year material when you add it to turning 4 draft picks into 11 this year & signing the 2 main players to long term deals. The Hawks seem to be flying under the radar this year. All this does is put a chip on their shoulder. Just how we like it! Our defense is going to be fierce this year & I think they can take the division away from the Rams. Look out! GO HAWKS!

imo no one has fleeced anyone until we see how it works out for both teams

Date: September 6, 2019 04:03

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
1 day to go until the holy day: start of the real season. We are quite excited in Seattle having totally fleeced Houston to get Clowney. We gave up a guy who was going to be cut, a third stringer & 3rd round draft pick. & Houston is paying half his salary! Even if he leaves after this year, we would recoup a similar draft pick as compensation. This is GM of the year material when you add it to turning 4 draft picks into 11 this year & signing the 2 main players to long term deals. The Hawks seem to be flying under the radar this year. All this does is put a chip on their shoulder. Just how we like it! Our defense is going to be fierce this year & I think they can take the division away from the Rams. Look out! GO HAWKS!

seems to be the consensus. it was a rare instance in the nfl where the player had control. if clowney was willing to sit out the year, he didn't have to sign the franchise tag. he refused to go to miami & specified the eagles & seahawks were the only teams he was willing to play for. also, he's going back to his natural position with seattle. havoc should be unleashed!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 6, 2019 04:26

No running game on either side here tonight

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: September 6, 2019 04:46

Speaking of NFL - I have a spare brand new Houston Texans Stones Jersey (not the regular T-Shirt version) that cost me $100 at the show. Open to offers to trade or sell. Size LARGE. (These are a bit bigger than the normal T-shirts.)

Email me: rcfoxy@yahoo.com

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: September 6, 2019 05:18

SKILLS
No running game on either side here tonight

sleepy game so far

Date: September 6, 2019 05:29

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

seems to be the consensus. it was a rare instance in the nfl where the player had control. if clowney was willing to sit out the year, he didn't have to sign the franchise tag. he refused to go to miami & specified the eagles & seahawks were the only teams he was willing to play for. also, he's going back to his natural position with seattle. havoc should be unleashed!

so if seattle goes 7-9 and then clowney leaves but houston goes 10-6 and makes the SB and gets a future HOFer with the draft pick seattle gave up then seattle fleeced houston? not that i think all of that is going to happen but thats my point. no one ever fleeces anyone in a trade until it works it very well for one team and the other team suffers from the trade

Date: September 6, 2019 06:33

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

so if seattle goes 7-9 and then clowney leaves but houston goes 10-6 and makes the SB and gets a future HOFer with the draft pick seattle gave up then seattle fleeced houston? not that i think all of that is going to happen but thats my point. no one ever fleeces anyone in a trade until it works it very well for one team and the other team suffers from the trade

the price was extremely low for a player who was the number 1 pick in the draft. clowney's first few years had some injury issues but the past 3 have been fine. maybe not #1 overall fine but good nonetheless. he played a 4=3 in college & had to change to a 3-4 in houston. seattle plays 4-3. the whole deal is low risk high potential reward for seattle. they would've been dumb not to do it. thank God first game over. what a snoozer. it was almost like a preseason game.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 6, 2019 07:26

Well that was 3 hours of my life wasted! My God did the Bears offense look terrible. If someone told me Green Bay would be held to 10 points, I would have assumed a Bears win. Trubisky looked terrible, perhaps he should have played a bit in preseason. Nagy's play calling wasn't great either. Dumb penalties also hurt them. I don't think I've ever seen a first and forty!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2019 07:42

Fleeced... Brandon Browner fleeced the Saints.

Now he's in prison.

That guy had zero talent and on top of that he sucked and was an @#$%&.

He got what he deserved.

Date: September 6, 2019 11:28

GasLightStreet
Fleeced... Brandon Browner fleeced the Saints.

Now he's in prison.

That guy had zero talent and on top of that he sucked and was an @#$%&.

He got what he deserved.

not a good person. he had a good year or 2 playing here in seattle but i think that had more to do with who was around him. didn't last long. wish his name wasn't on the original legion of boom tshirt.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 6, 2019 21:40

DGA35
Well that was 3 hours of my life wasted! My God did the Bears offense look terrible. If someone told me Green Bay would be held to 10 points, I would have assumed a Bears win. Trubisky looked terrible, perhaps he should have played a bit in preseason. Nagy's play calling wasn't great either. Dumb penalties also hurt them. I don't think I've ever seen a first and forty!

I thought pre-season was over - bad game. Bears will bounce back. Will they have the year of last? Probably not because of the turnover margin i their favor (I think)

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 6, 2019 22:09

Lame start to the season...it happens. This weekend should be highly entertaining.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: September 8, 2019 06:33

Im going with my usual superbowl pick:

Patriots 31
Packers 24

Hope Rodgers can get it together at some point, guy hasnt won anything in 10 years. otherwise the Saints may come of the NFC. Brady Brees superbowl, very cool

Date: September 8, 2019 13:50

given that it's a holy day (first real seahawks game of the year), this seemed like appropriate viewing this morning. stunning film.

Date: September 8, 2019 15:38

AB to the Patriots. Un-be-lievable.

If he behaves, he could be Brady's most talented target since Randy Moss...but that was 12 years ago. We'll see if Brady still has the long-range accuracy to be gunslinging with a deep threat like Brown at at age 42.

Should be very interesting. If he acts up, the Belichick will cut him loose at the drop of a hat, no harm, no foul. Not a high-risk signing at this point.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 8, 2019 16:22

I don't know much about the NFL but Jared Goffs $134 million over four seasons was sport news over here. Apparently some kind of record.
Since they play only 16 games during regular season he will earn about $2 million every regular game...

Date: September 8, 2019 18:16

Stoneage
I don't know much about the NFL but Jared Goffs $134 million over four seasons was sport news over here. Apparently some kind of record.
Since they play only 16 games during regular season he will earn about $2 million every regular game...

i don't know why but i thought there were players paid even more than that

Date: September 8, 2019 19:35

GO HAWKS!

Date: September 8, 2019 21:01

Date: September 8, 2019 22:14

GasLightStreet

see you in a few weeks... smileys with beer

Date: September 8, 2019 22:53

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

see you in a few weeks... smileys with beer

HA HA! Yep!

If it weren't for Brees getting up there I might no be inclined to care as much but I do hope the Saints can win the Super Bowl in 2020. That would be it. After that it wouldn't surprise me if he hung it up.

He won't. But the window is as good as it will ever be for them to win. He's gonna play a few more years most likely and it could happen at some point. It would be nice. He'll never be compared to Brady because of the (lack of) rings but he'll retire as one of the greatest QBs to ever play, that's for sure, statistically, which says a lot, really.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 8, 2019 23:23

Channel surfing this morning watching several different games. Cleveland sure got spanked at home, way too many penalties. Good to see former BC Lion Cam Wake have a good game for the Titans. Thought Atlanta would do better against the Vikings and a nice come from behind win by Philly over Washington, a team I don't care for.

Date: September 8, 2019 23:45

Can't believe the Browns got stomped by Tennessee of all teams.

I think Mayfield needs to be brought down a few pegs...guy is writing checks he can't cash yet.

Date: September 9, 2019 01:59

Cowboys look good. Lots of offensive options. I wonder if they are for real or if New York is just that bad ?

Date: September 9, 2019 02:19

jumpontopofmebaby
Cowboys look good. Lots of offensive options. I wonder if they are for real or if New York is just that bad ?
Bit of both, I'd say. Dak is having one hell of a game.

Saquon Barkley deserves so much better than this dumpster fire.

Date: September 9, 2019 02:25

Seahawks eek 1 out. To be fair, Cincinnatti looks much better than last year. We'll take the win. Good test to get ready for Steelers next week & the Saints the week after that.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home