Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 36
OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 18, 2019 23:32

It's that time of year. I'm a little put off by a lot of things the NFL does or doesn't do but still love my Seahawks. Won't get into those things out of respect for BV as some of it definitely strays into the political realm. Let me start things off with a bang here with a rhetorical question: Jay-Z has a new venture with the league & is being talked about as a potential new owner to some degree. Since he is an admitted former drug dealer will the league suspend him for any amount of time? I mean they do it to the players even for events that may have happened before they were even under contract. & regardless of what the law has said. Just wondering.... & of course, GO HAWKS!

Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 23:48

I think Jay-Z has turned his life around sufficiently...no reason to re-litigate the past.

Date: August 18, 2019 23:52

As far as this season, I don't have a damn clue. I think the Rams and the Chiefs will be good, but there's going to be some regression, particularly on the Rams side and with Mahomes.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 19, 2019 00:19

ACC Players (Rookies) to Watch:

Daniel Jones - QB - Giants
Ryan Findlay - QB- Bengals
Jakobi Meyers -WR- NE Pats - Starter

Date: August 19, 2019 01:03

keefriff99
I think Jay-Z has turned his life around sufficiently...no reason to re-litigate the past.

i was trying to make a point about the league. while undeniably successful, i think that both jay-z & his wife are hugely overrated. more power to them i guess. in the meantime, the league is arbitrary & capricious. the same rules don't seem to apply to everyone, if you can even decipher the rules in the first place. the tyreek hill situation for instance is gauling. especially if you have heard the tape his baby mama made. scary stuff. for an incident that was never prosecuted, seahawk jarran reed was suspended 2 years after the fact for 6 games. of course, we have no way of knowing all of the pertinent facts in either case but the optics aren't good regardless.

Date: August 19, 2019 01:25

crholmstrom
keefriff99

i was trying to make a point about the league. while undeniably successful, i think that both jay-z & his wife are hugely overrated. more power to them i guess. in the meantime, the league is arbitrary & capricious. the same rules don't seem to apply to everyone, if you can even decipher the rules in the first place. the tyreek hill situation for instance is gauling. especially if you have heard the tape his baby mama made. scary stuff. for an incident that was never prosecuted, seahawk jarran reed was suspended 2 years after the fact for 6 games. of course, we have no way of knowing all of the pertinent facts in either case but the optics aren't good regardless.
Oh yeah, I agree with you...the league's rules enforcement is atrocious.

I'm sure Jay-Z and Beyonce won't get much, if any, love on this site given the target age/demographics of most Stones fans, but what they've achieved business-wise is remarkable. I'd love to see a black team owner...as sketchy as Jay's past is, there are probably some other pro-sports owners who have done as bad or worse in different ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-19 01:27 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 19, 2019 01:27

Go Seattle Seahawks!!

Date: August 19, 2019 02:07

keefriff99
crholmstrom
keefriff99

Oh yeah, I agree with you...the league's rules enforcement is atrocious.

I'm sure Jay-Z and Beyonce won't get much, if any, love on this site given the target age/demographics of most Stones fans, but what they've achieved business-wise is remarkable. I'd love to see a black team owner...as sketchy as Jay's past is, there are probably some other pro-sports owners who have done as bad or worse in different ways.

i'll admit it, i'm old haha. i do try to keep an open mind & up on things. for instance, i find billie eilish to be very interesting. once in awhile something in the hip hop realm will catch my attention. i was a music buyer for a big chain of stores similar to target when destiny's child was coming up. there were all sorts of old school music biz shenaningans going on with thme to ensure their (beyonce's) success. i agree about a black owner would be good. as far as nefarious doings with current owners, look at robert kraft. & i'm sure if you dug into jerry jones you would find many somethings.

Date: August 19, 2019 02:12

Good points!

And I wasn't trying to call you old, haha. I'm not young by any stretch...I was just saying that most Stones fans are generally not tuned into hip hop.

Date: August 19, 2019 02:27

keefriff99
Good points!

And I wasn't trying to call you old, haha. I'm not young by any stretch...I was just saying that most Stones fans are generally not tuned into hip hop.

smileys with beer

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 19, 2019 03:42

If the Bears find some offense and a dumbass kicker they will be lethal!

Date: August 19, 2019 03:45

jets have pretty much the entire starting o-line already hurt and 3 of the top 5 CBs and the season isn't underway yet

Date: August 19, 2019 04:08

keefriffhard4life
jets have pretty much the entire starting o-line already hurt and 3 of the top 5 CBs and the season isn't underway yet

o line? leveon bell don't need no stinkin o line!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 19, 2019 04:39

I saw the 1st preseason Saints game - the rookies were outstanding.

I didn't see the 2nd tonight.

Jay-Z is a hypocrite.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 19, 2019 06:33

I'm hoping this year the Bears take it to the next level! Win NFC North and at least 1 playoff game or more! Season opener Sept 5 vs Packers.
Meanwhile in the CFL, my BC Lions absolutely suck!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 19, 2019 06:35

New England is the team to beat as usual,

Date: August 19, 2019 15:45

slew
Even as a Pats fan, I've started every season the last few years thinking, "Well, THIS is definitely the year Brady falls off the cliff and ages catches up to him" but there's no reason to think that UNTIL it actually happens.

Yes, he looked pretty wobbly at times last season and all his numbers were down, but he hung in there and did what he had to do when the time came.

They've been to 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls, and have won 3. Just think about how absurd that is...Belichick deserves 75% of the credit for that, but if the rest of the league can't figure out how to beat him, that's their problem.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 19, 2019 15:55

keefriffhard4life

Snicker, snicker, snicker!!!
Hee, hee, hee!!!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 20, 2019 00:17

keefriff99
slew
Even as a Pats fan, I've started every season the last few years thinking, "Well, THIS is definitely the year Brady falls off the cliff and ages catches up to him" but there's no reason to think that UNTIL it actually happens.

Yes, he looked pretty wobbly at times last season and all his numbers were down, but he hung in there and did what he had to do when the time came.

They've been to 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls, and have won 3. Just think about how absurd that is...Belichick deserves 75% of the credit for that, but if the rest of the league can't figure out how to beat him, that's their problem.

Y'all have a gem in WR Jakobi Meyers.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 20, 2019 00:44

Yes its in the air it all started Aug 14th for me - Mick saying it sure feels great down here amonst the 12"s then kicked off Sweet Virgina !! Haha go Hawks

Its Fantasty Football week my draft starts Friday anybody recomend some good sites with updated rankings other than yahoo or espn? I pick 7th and looking like it may be Lev Bell but I took him last year and still not ready to forgive him!!! and I didn't back him up with Conner.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 22, 2019 01:59

crholmstrom
i find billie eilish to be very interesting.

Amusing line below (from the current Rolling Stone Magazine's cover story, issue 1330) on Billie Eilish's tour behavior (not collocating with the Stones'):

"She heads inside to cool off with a gluten-free vegan burrito (a lifelong vegetarian, she has never eaten meat—although she did once accidentally swallow an ant in a glass of soy milk). She washes it down with sparkling water, because her mom doesn’t like her drinking soda. The Stones in ’72 this is not."

Date: August 22, 2019 15:08

i saw some go seahawks posts again. imo if they have a tough schedule they go 8-8 at best. the team has been blown apart and the defensive talent is gone

Date: August 22, 2019 15:25

Title5Take1
crholmstrom
i find billie eilish to be very interesting.

Amusing line below (from the current Rolling Stone Magazine's cover story, issue 1330) on Billie Eilish's tour behavior (not collocating with the Stones'):

"She heads inside to cool off with a gluten-free vegan burrito (a lifelong vegetarian, she has never eaten meat—although she did once accidentally swallow an ant in a glass of soy milk). She washes it down with sparkling water, because her mom doesn’t like her drinking soda. The Stones in ’72 this is not."
LOL, good line.

Date: September 4, 2019 21:21

1 day to go until the holy day: start of the real season. We are quite excited in Seattle having totally fleeced Houston to get Clowney. We gave up a guy who was going to be cut, a third stringer & 3rd round draft pick. & Houston is paying half his salary! Even if he leaves after this year, we would recoup a similar draft pick as compensation. This is GM of the year material when you add it to turning 4 draft picks into 11 this year & signing the 2 main players to long term deals. The Hawks seem to be flying under the radar this year. All this does is put a chip on their shoulder. Just how we like it! Our defense is going to be fierce this year & I think they can take the division away from the Rams. Look out! GO HAWKS!

Date: September 5, 2019 05:26

crholmstrom
1 day to go until the holy day: start of the real season. We are quite excited in Seattle having totally fleeced Houston to get Clowney. We gave up a guy who was going to be cut, a third stringer & 3rd round draft pick. & Houston is paying half his salary! Even if he leaves after this year, we would recoup a similar draft pick as compensation. This is GM of the year material when you add it to turning 4 draft picks into 11 this year & signing the 2 main players to long term deals. The Hawks seem to be flying under the radar this year. All this does is put a chip on their shoulder. Just how we like it! Our defense is going to be fierce this year & I think they can take the division away from the Rams. Look out! GO HAWKS!

1 day? Huh?

Date: September 5, 2019 05:26

Oh shit. How long has it been kicking off on Thursdays? I keep forgetting.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 5, 2019 08:47

Go Chargers!!!

Date: September 5, 2019 11:35

GasLightStreet
Oh shit. How long has it been kicking off on Thursdays? I keep forgetting.

several years. different this year. usually (not always) its a home game for last year's super bowl winner. due to the 100th anniversary of the league we're getting green bay at chicago (2 oldest teams). new england will play pittsburg on sunday night. followed by a double header on monday night football. tonight should be a good game i hope! GO HAWKS!

Date: September 5, 2019 16:24

i thought usually there were 2 games to kickoff Thursday too

Date: September 5, 2019 16:32

keefriffhard4life
i thought usually there were 2 games to kickoff Thursday too

no, i think it has always been 1 game thursday. i could be wrong...

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home