Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saint of me
Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:25

"I said yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. You'll never make a saint of me"

Yes, they do, Mick and Keith!

[s1376.photobucket.com]

Re: Saint of me
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:37

Love the version on San Jose '99. I know I'm in the minority here but I assumed that one would become a concert staple. But instead all but vanished.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:44

well it should be played

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:53

I agree! Badass song. But let Keith sing the last chorus “you’ll never make a knight of me”

Date: August 16, 2019 23:10

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 17, 2019 00:34

the lyrics should be

i said o no o no o no please dont release a saint of me.

one of the worst stones singles ever.

i dont get what people like about it, but each to their own.

Date: August 17, 2019 04:12

TumblinDice76
Love the version on San Jose '99. I know I'm in the minority here but I assumed that one would become a concert staple. But instead all but vanished.

Sorry but I checked that version and it blows. I'm disappointed. Keith especially. They cut the audience part short. They did it much better in St. Louis or Bremen or pretty much any version I've heard so far

Date: August 17, 2019 04:23

[cdn.filesend.jp] Or download that one from Stuttgart '99 that's a great one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-17 04:29 by Nikkei.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 17, 2019 05:11

Totally disagree, I like everything on San Jose '99 over St. Louis. I've always thought St. Louis '97 was by far the weakest of the pay per views. I'll also take everything on San Jose '99 over Germany 98 that just came out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-17 05:12 by TumblinDice76.

Date: August 17, 2019 16:35

Well I must admit I didn't see the whole show, only HTW and Saint Of Me. It's also nicer to look at, arena show films usually are. But I refer only to the performance of the specific song and to me Keiths playing just lacks in substance when compared to other renditions. It's not exactly the song for him to shine on, but I expected him to do some cool licks at the breakdown and he just did this one pathetic thin-sounding chord. And then the video just ends. I was just a little kid, but I always remember it for the great singalong that wouldn't stop. Really, just give that version a try. It's a great bootleg

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 17, 2019 20:03

You people probably never visited a concert in the Netherlands. Saint of Me was mindblower at several of the concerts there! People loved it live!

Date: August 17, 2019 21:35

Yeah Groningen is great

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 18, 2019 03:04

I've liked all the live versions I've listened to.

This song isn't like Shattered, JJF, SFM, SFTD, Beast Of Burden and quite a few others, which they've either slaughtered or done fantastically over the decades: the 3 years span of Saint Of Me is pretty damn good, and any of them are worth listening to.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: August 18, 2019 03:09

They seem to be attempting to play one or two “modern songs” per tour (YGMR, Sad Sad Sad, Mixed Emotions, Out of Control, 1x Anybody Seen My Baby!) so it wouldn’t surprise me if Saint of Me, Love is Strong or Rock and a Hard Place got an outing over the next few years (if they do No Filter Asia, Australia, South America legs). I just hope they save Saint of Me for Argentina - I think it would work best there!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 03:16

I think Saint Of Me into Out Of Control is a remarkable one-two punch, probably the best two-song combo since 1989. I'm surprised neither one became set list staples.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home