Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: JJF / 1972: Keith giving Charlie the finger
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 18, 2019 18:17

Bjorn
Charlie ends the song too soon...and Keith reacts...Or have I been wrong all these years? How can I go on???

I find it difficult to hear and see. Taylor first makes a stop, then Richards seems to indicate to Charlie to end, Charlie reacts and Keith seems to continue with the descending riff, to which Charlie reacts by continuing while Richards stops.

In any way, to me Richards directs his gestures not to Charlie but to somebody next to Charlie behind the amps.

Mathijs

Date: August 18, 2019 19:34

Mathijs
Bjorn
Charlie ends the song too soon...and Keith reacts...Or have I been wrong all these years? How can I go on???

I find it difficult to hear and see. Taylor first makes a stop, then Richards seems to indicate to Charlie to end, Charlie reacts and Keith seems to continue with the descending riff, to which Charlie reacts by continuing while Richards stops.

In any way, to me Richards directs his gestures not to Charlie but to somebody next to Charlie behind the amps.

Mathijs

Maybe Bianca was standing there >grinning smiley<

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 19, 2019 01:44

There's a story from their Farewell to England/Tax Exile Tour in which they performed poorly one show and Bill told them in the dressing room afterwards they had played like shit. Keith just took it and Mick agreed, saying something like, 'Oh, well, on to the next one.'
Point being they have probably been slagging each other like that forever. Everything from 'Shut up, Keith' to the 'Brenda' campaign. I'm sure Charlie just rolls with it, and probably has delivered some shots along the way.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2019 01:51

Charlie's still wiv 'em ….

As I say guys can do those things to each other ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 19, 2019 05:53

I can’t believe how people speculate of just make up crap

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: August 19, 2019 06:09

he's holding his pick with his index and thumb..isn't he just telling him to speed up the beat?

Date: August 19, 2019 13:04

wonderboy
There's a story from their Farewell to England/Tax Exile Tour in which they performed poorly one show and Bill told them in the dressing room afterwards they had played like shit. Keith just took it and Mick agreed, saying something like, 'Oh, well, on to the next one.'
Point being they have probably been slagging each other like that forever. Everything from 'Shut up, Keith' to the 'Brenda' campaign. I'm sure Charlie just rolls with it, and probably has delivered some shots along the way.

Yes that is a good story. I remember it goes on to tell that Bobby tries to uplift them by saying "My golden sax carried you all". But then the next show they tear it up, and do encores. That is where I saw Bill Wyman's quote "Uh Peggy Sue?", when they were debating what to play.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 19, 2019 15:56

Cooltoplady
I can’t believe how people speculate or just make up crap
Why? This is the internet.

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 19, 2019 17:39

Rokyfan
Cooltoplady
We speculate anywhere, man.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 19, 2019 17:49

z
Rokyfan
Cooltoplady
We speculate anywhere, man.
LOL

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: August 24, 2019 06:26

Keith definitely gives Charlie "the look" to end the song, but it seems Charlie ended sooner than Keith intended. Keith is laughing as he flips Charlie off. I think this is just a good-natured "$%@! you" between long-time friends and bandmates. No one else could get away with it.

Re: JJF / 1972: Keith giving Reg the finger?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 24, 2019 10:30

Nah you're all wrong!
What happened is Keef saw Elton John wandering at the back of the stage and he had a good old hand movement.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 05:13

Doxa
thomashanck
same concert, tumbling dice, mick taylor begins to noodle,
then keith yells to him "stop it man", at 3:13

[www.youtube.com]

That's what our lip readers say...

But another thing is did Taylor pay any attention.... If we look what he would do in following tours, not much...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Well, it's Keith's riff and I do not know where Taylor is going here, but Taylor's vision evolved and less than a year and half later he expressed it at Brussels for the greatest live version of this song and one of the great stage moments ever for the band.

Date: August 25, 2019 11:15

pmk251
Doxa
thomashanck

[www.youtube.com]

That's what our lip readers say...

But another thing is did Taylor pay any attention.... If we look what he would do in following tours, not much...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Well, it's Keith's riff and I do not know where Taylor is going here, but Taylor's vision evolved and less than a year and half later he expressed it at Brussels for the greatest live version of this song and one of the great stage moments ever for the band.

Why do you think Brussels is the greatest live version? I think it drags a bit compared to other versions from that era.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:51

Well, this was the first show in Houston after two flat tyres in Fort Worth the day before. The first Fort Worth show goes down as the worst show of the tour. Keith decides to start tuning up right before Brown Sugar, and the show never regains momentum. Meanwhile, Mick is left to haw and hum and mumble into the mic...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:53

thomashanck

[www.youtube.com]

At the end of the song Taylor gives Keith a blank look and turns his back. One wonders what he is thinking at the moment.

One other thought about Taylor and TD. In the Montreux sessions during TD 1 Taylor mangles the solo; but during TD 2 he knows exactly where he is going. I've always thought that the TD 1 performance was a "set up" (to give it that "rehearsal" feeling) for the very nice 2nd performance.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home