Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
One Upon a Time in Hollywood - Out of Time
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 20, 2019 16:36

I just loved the version of 'Out of Time' used in Tarantino's latest film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. When I first heard it, I thought, that's definitely the Stones, but man, that has got to be the most un-Stones sounding Stones tune ever. (I have owned 'Metamorphosis' for years, but nowadays the only song I usually play off of it is 'Family'.) So for this reason, I was unfamiliar with the version used in the movie.

According to Wiki: "The Metamorphosis version of the Rolling Stones song, complete with the orchestration backing track from Chris Farlowe's rendition, was featured in its entirety in Quentin Tarantino's 2019 film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."

My question is, In the Metamorphosis version, (and the movie) is that the Stones playing the main musical instruments, with the orchestra taken from Farlowe's version, or are no other Stones featured other than Mick singing to a track recorded by some other musicians entirely, including the orchestra?

Oh, I highly recommend the movie. Outstanding, IMO.

Re: One Upon a Time in Hollywood - Out of Time
Date: December 20, 2019 17:34

jazzbass
I just loved the version of 'Out of Time' used in Tarantino's latest film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. When I first heard it, I thought, that's definitely the Stones, but man, that has got to be the most un-Stones sounding Stones tune ever. (I have owned 'Metamorphosis' for years, but nowadays the only song I usually play off of it is 'Family'.) So for this reason, I was unfamiliar with the version used in the movie.

According to Wiki: "The Metamorphosis version of the Rolling Stones song, complete with the orchestration backing track from Chris Farlowe's rendition, was featured in its entirety in Quentin Tarantino's 2019 film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."

My question is, In the Metamorphosis version, (and the movie) is that the Stones playing the main musical instruments, with the orchestra taken from Farlowe's version, or are no other Stones featured other than Mick singing to a track recorded by some other musicians entirely, including the orchestra?

Oh, I highly recommend the movie. Outstanding, IMO.

I thought it was just mick but someone can correct me. maybe keith of some acoustic guitar?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 20, 2019 18:21

From Zentgraf:

27th - 30th April 1966: CHRIS FARLOWE. London, Pye Studios. Producer: MJ.
Sound engineer: Alan Florence.
- Out Of Time III (MJ/KR) -demo for Chris Farlowe

MJ (voc)/Jimmy Page (gtr)/Joe Moretti (gtr)/Eric Ford (bass)/
Reg Guest (p)/Andy White (dr)/Sidney Sax (string leader)/Christine
Ohlman (bvoc; added in the early 70's)

[www.nzentgraf.de]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 21, 2019 18:54

Deltics
From Zentgraf:

27th - 30th April 1966: CHRIS FARLOWE. London, Pye Studios. Producer: MJ.
Sound engineer: Alan Florence.
- Out Of Time III (MJ/KR) -demo for Chris Farlowe

MJ (voc)/Jimmy Page (gtr)/Joe Moretti (gtr)/Eric Ford (bass)/
Reg Guest (p)/Andy White (dr)/Sidney Sax (string leader)/Christine
Ohlman (bvoc; added in the early 70's)

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Outstanding! Thank you. Cool that Jimmy Page played on this version.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home