Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Seattle show 14-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:26

in love with this band, arent all we?

great reviews all, the ones in awe and the mixed feelings too

smileys with beer

Re: Seattle show 14-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:27

Near the end of it, Jagger walked over to take a sip of whatever he was drinking from his go-cup, then threw the still half-full cup into Pit 2. Somebody must have gotten doused by it.

Jane Rose.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:29

Do you know JR? What is her reference mean?

Date: August 15, 2019 20:43

and after 25 years I'm beginning to luuuv YGMR!

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 20:44 by maumau.

Date: August 15, 2019 20:48

happening approximately about one mile from stage at the end of the show

video: [youtu.be]

luv this band

we re gonna miss thus noise..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 20:54 by maumau.

Date: August 15, 2019 21:12

cant get enough of this stuff

borehorses my axx

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: August 15, 2019 21:34

maumau
and after 25 years I'm beginning to luuuv YGMR!

[youtu.be]

Me too. I used to wonder why they kept playing it in later years after the VL tours, like when they chose it for their short set at the Sandy benefit. But it's so obvious they love to play it, especially Keith, and it really rocks loud and hard this tour. Best in slot 2 when the audience is still in shock and awe stage,

Date: August 15, 2019 21:37

HouseBoyKnows
it's so obvious they love to play it, especially Keith, and it really rocks loud and hard this tour. Best in slot 2 when the audience is still in shock and awe stage,

thumbs up

then it comes the usual 21 minutes fun

Date: August 15, 2019 21:46

fun goes on

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:44

From the reports by you all and the setlist posted by the stones themselves on twitter, it seems it was a great show to be at. The weather was magical too with full moon. Haven't seen any videos so far and I don't need to. I can tell you guys had a great show in Seattle.

The Rolling Stones - Seattle WA 14-August-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:45

The Rolling Stones Live—Not Sucking in Their 70s

The Stones kicked ass in a football stadium last night, albeit with a setlist that rarely went beyond the most obvious hits.

by Dave Segal • Aug 15, 2019

Lester Black

Mick Jagger hasn't gained an ounce of weight since “(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction”—last night's set finale, of course—hit the charts. Mick Jagger is 76 and coming off heart surgery, yet he is damn near a perpetual motion machine onstage. Mick Jagger is three years older than Donald Trump, yet the Rolling Stones singer covered more ground in last night's two-hour set than the dungheap in the Offal Office has done since stealing the 2016 election. It would not be a stretch to say that even at his advanced age, Mick Jagger could've had his way sexually with 80 percent of the CenturyLink Field crowd—conservative estimate. And Sir Michael Philip Jagger can still sing his petite ass off. He is truly an exemplar of rock-and-roll as an anti-aging agent.

As for the show itself, it sounded better than expected. I'd never experienced a rock group in a stadium of this magnitude, but Keith Richards's and Ronnie Wood's guitars and Charlie Watts's drums rang and slammed loud and clear, and the horn section came through the speakers robustly. Darryl Jones's bass could've been more prominent in the mix and backing vocalists Sasha Allen and Bernard Fowler could've been dialed in louder, but overall the sonics did not disappoint. Nor did the musicians' performances.

It may have been another day at the office for the four core Stones; fact: Charlie is the most nonchalant, poker-faced drummer in the history of music. But you can't say these blokes—whose cumulative age totals 301 years—didn't give most of the 50,000 people what they wanted: a set packed with the band's most familiar and beloved classics. Maybe five of the 19 songs they played could be classified as “deep cuts.”

But that's the thing about the Stones: Every fan could construct a different setlist and it would likely rule. If I may quibble here, I was dismayed that Mick and company did zero joints from Their Satanic Majesties Request, Goats Head Soup, Black and Blue, and Emotional Rescue. And no “We Love You”? ~smdh~ Next tour, they should consult with me before hitting the road.

That being said, starting your show with the rebellious alpha-male rocker “Street Fighting Man” is always a winning strategy. Following it with unstoppable party jam “You Got Me Rocking” (the newest song aired, from 1994's Voodoo Lounge) was a nice surprise. The giant screens revealed the four main Stones' visages etched with deep creases, each one a testament to a life steeped in debauchery and the best healthcare millions of pounds can buy to maintain equilibrium.

While Jagger, Wood, and Watts looked lithe and vigorous, Richards looked... not well. But when the time came for the Stones' main musical force to deliver lethal licks, he executed them economically. Case in point: During “Sympathy for the Devil,” Keith suddenly exploded with power chords that, in concordance with the blitzing lights, felt like a mass orgasm. Those excellent “WOO WOO”s didn't hurt the feeling that this tune—which sounded funkier here than on Beggars Banquet—was the climax of the night.

Or perhaps that honor should go to savage blues-rocker “Midnight Rambler.” With Jagger on harmonica, the song was as flinty and menacing as ever, and the Stones extended it with a vengeance, moving from strength to strength, including a Mick vocal improv interlude at the 50-yard line section of the stage. It was quite the show-stopper...

Speaking of show-stopping, Jagger drew some stunned laughter with this bit of between-song banter. "Oh we love Seattle! So many great restaurants! I was out earlier looking for some Dick's. Someone steered us towards Pony. We ended up with some geoduck instead." Legendary!

The Stones encored with “Gimme Shelter” and “Satisfaction,” choices as predictable as a 5-star Jann Wenner review of a Mick Jagger solo album. And yeah, they duly slayed, even though you've heard these songs hundreds of times. Ultimately, we came for a honkin' nostalgia wallow, and we went away as happy as Trumps in grift. “Heaven” can wait.

[www.thestranger.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 16, 2019 00:12

I agree with this guy almost 100% .
A setlist that was almost all 'Greatest Hits', but it was a great show by probably the greatest Band in the world...……….and been going since since about '62.
I am sure that anyone who was at that gig left very,very Happy. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-16 01:23 by crawdaddy.

Re: The Rolling Stones - Seattle WA 14-August-2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 16, 2019 00:15

Irix
Official Setlist Seattle (WA), CenturyLink Field, 14-Aug-2019:

"Thanks to the Emerald city for a great show, hope you enjoyed it!"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large version

They need to keep this up!!!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 16, 2019 01:10

Heres a few I found but may have already been posted. smileys with beer

[youtu.be] SFM
[youtu.be] Beast of Burden
[youtu.be] Sweet Virginia
[youtu.be] SMU and more
[youtu.be] Finale …...I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-16 01:43 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 16, 2019 02:46

Mick before Sweet Virgina - "feels pretty good down here amonst the 12's "
Love it ! Go Hawks !!

Another highlight for me was when opener Lukas Nelson performed the Pearl Jam track Just Breathe thought that was a nice touch and a great rendition.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 16, 2019 02:52

umakmehrd
Mick before Sweet Virgina - "feels pretty good down here amonst the 12's "
Love it ! Go Hawks !!

Another highlight for me was when opener Lukas Nelson performed the Pearl Jam track Just Breathe thought that was a nice touch and a great rendition.

Agree cool smiley

I was really impressed with Lucas & POTR this time after not being very in NJ.
Knew when he started the set with his hair down and in a plaid shirt, the vibe had changed and they really rocked! The Pearl Jam cover was excellent.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 16, 2019 04:14

I though last night was great, despite the usual musical bumps and hiccups.

Definitely an improvement since I last saw them at Desert Trip 2016.

Got Lucky Dipped sec 137 row 12 on Ronnie's side, in line with the pit, and had full band view and excellent sound. Did go down to the GA floor (no problem) for the first few tunes, but went back to my seat when I saw everyone was standing.

Very mellow and easygoing crowd. Folks were friendly and polite, yet showed their enthusiasm. Win.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 16, 2019 05:06

Not a bad show, Gimmie Shelter was prob the highlight for me. Keith was playing better or more “with it” I though last year than last night. Nothing wrong with the band whatsoever. But they sounded better to me on the tour last summer than last night.

But, as is always the case with stones shows, I met some great people, soaked up the atmosphere before the gig with a bar full of stones Fans. It’s the people I meet that make the shows great. I always come home having met stones fans from all over the world. We are a good people methinks.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 16, 2019 05:13

Just want to say coming home very late
after a drinks & food & play-night here
in Berlin:
This forum is just a great gift to a fan
like me.
Everybody with so much passion.
Different opinions - but all from the same
source: The love for the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 16, 2019 06:01

Ronnie- "What a great gig.. what a great people.." spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
[twitter.com]

Back at ya' Ronnie!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 16, 2019 08:43

It’s just breathtaking,the Stones have come back and stole the summer.

I had finished seeing them in 2015 after 40 years of tours I’d seen enough and it was time to say goodbye.

Thank God I had friends and family who wanted to see the Stones.i saw New Orleans and Houston and was blown away. The best I’ve seen them play since No Security in 99.Ive been following these guys for half a century and I know when they’re locked in.
Reading a set list online doesn’t tell the story,if you can go to a show-GO..they’re playing their asses off.
I’m still thinking about Phoenix or Miami.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 16, 2019 10:43

StonedRambler
@keithsman
I though last year that Mick was slowing down during the second set but this year he is full of energy during the whole show
Compare for example JJF:
Jacksonville 2019 [youtu.be]
To Warsaw 2018 [youtu.be]

That was hard to watch, Mick really struggling last year , what was interesting was Keith upping his game to compensate.
Thanks for the links StonedRambler, but i must say that at the bunch of shows I saw in 2017' & 18' Mick was far better performance wise than in the clip shown. Just watch any Midnight Rambler from last year and you can see he had so much more energy than this year, I think what you have captured on that link with JJF was Mick saving his voice more than anything, I don't think he was not singing the words because he was too out of breath, it was more to do with his voice breaking up again.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 16, 2019 12:10

I know I'm late here but I needed to recover from the show yesterday. I had a nice day Wednesday but it wore me out some. That's totally fine as it was well worth it. I worked half a day then was privileged to have a nice lunch on the waterfront with BV. Was nice to talk to him about a variety of things & he is a good man. After lunch I got him pointed in the right direction he wanted to go & I headed down to the stadium district to meet up with my friend. It was her first Stones show. She's not the hugest Stones fan (does like them) & she was quite impressed with the performance. Promise of the Real did a nice opening set & were a good choice to open the show. A little disappointed Micah Nelson wasn't playing with them but as a nice surprise they had Lucius doing backing vocals for the set. I really like them. POTR did a choice cover of Pearl Jam's "Given to Fly".
Now to the main event. I thought the Stones brought it for this show. They seemed to be enjoying themselves & the setlist was probably about as good as it gets at this point in the journey. If I had a vote, I would've only changed 1 song, "YGMR". Keith & Charlie seem to enjoy that one though so I'm not complaining. It does have a good groove/riff & the band locked in on it. My favorite part was the acoustic set. "SV" & "DF" were both superb. I really love when Keith does the backing vocals & he sounded great. His songs were really good, also. Surprisingly, I got 2 songs that I had never seen them play with "SV" & "You Got the Silver". Both were excellent.
Overall, a great day. The weather was perfect & the show was about as good as it gets for a stadium gig. This was probably the last time I'm going to be able to see the Stones & I think I went out on a high note. Definitely enjoyed this show more than the show I saw in 2012 (Vegas). & I got a Stones/Seahawks shirt. Perferct! smoking smiley

Date: August 16, 2019 15:38

caschimann
Winning Ugly VXII
keithsman
That has to be one of the best set lists in years.

It's not the best set list in the last month and a half ...... let alone years.

"Beast of Bottle" (as the song has become since the turn of the century).

What else of note?? 2 acoustic songs and the usual warhorses.

That sounds sooo frustrated with the Stones of today - I wonder why one even can be here with this mind and post, and read etc. Must be sad to be in this fan-stage.

Frustrated. Sure.

I think that I am entitled to the opinion that there were better set lists than this one in Seattle - during the past month and a half,though.

The frustrating part is that I know that they are still capable of more. Compare these acoustic songs to a botched-up "Brown Sugar". They are better at doing the slower tempo songs these days but,they perform so few of them.

Also,I became hooked by the more diverse shows from the '90's and early 2000's. I guess that ship has probably sailed off for good at this point. It is what it is.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 16, 2019 18:16

Winning Ugly VXII
caschimann
Winning Ugly VXII
keithsman
That has to be one of the best set lists in years.

It's not the best set list in the last month and a half ...... let alone years.

"Beast of Bottle" (as the song has become since the turn of the century).

What else of note?? 2 acoustic songs and the usual warhorses.

That sounds sooo frustrated with the Stones of today - I wonder why one even can be here with this mind and post, and read etc. Must be sad to be in this fan-stage.

Frustrated. Sure.

I think that I am entitled to the opinion that there were better set lists than this one in Seattle - during the past month and a half,though.

The frustrating part is that I know that they are still capable of more. Compare these acoustic songs to a botched-up "Brown Sugar". They are better at doing the slower tempo songs these days but,they perform so few of them.

Also,I became hooked by the more diverse shows from the '90's and early 2000's. I guess that ship has probably sailed off for good at this point. It is what it is.

You know these lyrics?
I will not act unkind
I will not be so blind
I will not walk so proud
Come down from off my cloud
How can I live my life this way?
Beauty is staring me in the face
Ain't that the truth

They are in their mid 70’s they kicked ass in Seattle not sure what else to say... I enjoy when they F#&@ up its who they have always been even in their heyday you never knew what you were getting on any given night - consider yourself privileged to see them live one more time!

Date: August 16, 2019 20:02

maumau

borehorses my axx

I sat with my eyes closed the entire time during Gimmie Shelter. There was some deep vibe to it Wednesday night. I got back to the hotel and spoke with a few people and all of them mentioned how killer Shelter was on the night.

Date: August 16, 2019 20:12

Paddy
maumau

borehorses my axx

I sat with my eyes closed the entire time during Gimmie Shelter. There was some deep vibe to it Wednesday night. I got back to the hotel and spoke with a few people and all of them mentioned how killer Shelter was on the night.

beautiful

i know exactly that feel

smileys with beer

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 16, 2019 20:33

I could bet that the "whiners" are on the young side and simply do not understand how blessed we are to still be able to see them. I'm not tired of the setlists (although I wish they would do more) but I am so very tired of the whining. They are old! Shut the **ck up already and enjoy.....OR DON'T!!!

Date: August 16, 2019 21:05

steffialicia
I could bet that the "whiners" are on the young side and simply do not understand how blessed we are to still be able to see them. I'm not tired of the setlists (although I wish they would do more) but I am so very tired of the whining. They are old! Shut the **ck up already and enjoy.....OR DON'T!!!

The 3 people with me had never seen the Stones before, there was 10-12 kids around me ranging in age from 5 - 13 or so. All these seen the stones for the first time. The guy with me was 23 and blown away. So many people I bumped into of all ages were seeing the stones for the first time.

So setlist quibbles aside, they are still making people (including this one) very happy to see them live and we are lucky and have been since 2012 with all the touring.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 16, 2019 21:58

My almost 9-year-old grandson’s first rock ‘n’ roll show. I am just so happy he got to see the Stones make history and will remember his first show all his life!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home