Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Seattle show 14-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: curt ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:40

Javadave

Jagger walked over to take a sip of whatever he was drinking from his go-cup, then threw the still half-full cup into Pit 2. Somebody must have gotten doused by it.

Thanks for that explanation, I wondered where the water came from!!!!!

Re: Seattle show 14-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:42

curt
Javadave

Jagger walked over to take a sip of whatever he was drinking from his go-cup, then threw the still half-full cup into Pit 2. Somebody must have gotten doused by it.

Now don't shower for 3 months Curt thats holy water...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 16, 2019 22:46

steffialicia
I could bet that the "whiners" are on the young side and simply do not understand how blessed we are to still be able to see them. I'm not tired of the setlists (although I wish they would do more) but I am so very tired of the whining. They are old! Shut the **ck up already and enjoy.....OR DON'T!!!

There's no way of proving it of course, but I get the opposite impression: that the "whiners" are mostly older fans who have attended many shows and have reached the stage where nothing the band does could ever live up to their expectations, based on their memories of the glorious past. Of course they know how lucky they are to still have the Stones alive and playing, but that doesn't mean they don't think today's band are a shadow of their former selves.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2019 23:11

crawdaddy
I agree with this guy almost 100% .
A setlist that was almost all 'Greatest Hits', but it was a great show by probably the greatest Band in the world...……….and been going since since about '62.
I am sure that anyone who was at that gig left very,very Happy. smileys with beer

Yes, it was an amazing show. Stars were Mick & Ronnie. Glad to see Keith still enjoying himself, but this show isn't going to last forever. See them while you can.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: August 17, 2019 00:57

umakmehrd
curt
Javadave

Now don't shower for 3 months Curt thats holy water...

I am trying to compare this "blessing" with the water buckets and water hoses of bygone eras...

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 17, 2019 01:27

It’s rare a vid can capture the vibe of a gig, but I’m listening to this again, and it’s as good as it was Wednesday night.

[m.youtube.com]

I hope it wasn’t my last time to experience these moments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-17 02:08 by Paddy.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: August 17, 2019 01:51

Man, I don't know what it was, and it's all probably very subjective, but I feel like there was something very special in the air at the Seattle Show. While Keith doesn't play (technically) or move like he used to, he seemed so present and dialed into the music, and the energy he channeled was fantastic. I was at 1st night Chicago, as well as the first MetLife show, this summer, which were both great, but this one was a little different, and special.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 17, 2019 02:28

Yes guys I agree with you, in these times of youtube and setlists etc.. you kinda know what your getting before any band arrives in town.I have seen them several times over the years. I took my son to see my fav band just hoping he would enjoy and he did he loved it. But I gotta say being there on a perfect summer night pretty much knowing what was coming setlist wise.. it was magical sorry if this sounds corny but I had tears in my eyes when keith sang you got the silver, maybe it was the fact I had "let it bleed" in my cassette player for a full year in the early 80's when I discovered the worlds greatest RnR band. I gotta say If that was the last time I ever get see them again I'm ok with that because it was a great F#$%'n Show.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 17, 2019 03:20

Thanks for the GS video. Much better than what I saw at Chicago 2.
(And they did turn up Sasha’s mike.)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 17, 2019 08:05

Seattle reports pages updated with reviews and more pictures:

The Rolling Stones
CenturyLink Field
Seattle WA USA
Wednesday August 14, 2019

Bjornulf

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 17, 2019 09:59

Was the segue into "Come On In My Kitchen" in the middle of the Seattle Midnight Rambler something new, or have they done that before?

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 17, 2019 10:23

Conflicting impressions about

Keith's performance again, I have a theory as to why myself and others feel disappointed in Keith while others thought he was great on certain tracks and his two solo numbers. I think one problem is we compare a 76 year old to his former Glory, of a time when Keith was an incredible force of nature.
Keith clearly has trouble with those fingers and the extra weight he now carrys in old age, but we expect miracles from him, myself included.
The other thing to note is that Keith's physicality is constantly compared to Mick and Ronnie, this is an unfair critism, Ronnie is moving and playing better than ever on stage at the age of 72, almost four years younger than Keith and a complete exception to the norm.
When you look at it rationally Keith is playing and singing with more power than most at his age, and probably better than anyone on this planet with those fingers, i would give anything to be guaranteed Keith's health and ability to perform if i am lucky enough to make it to Keith's age.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-17 10:29 by keithsman.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 17, 2019 16:52

Javadave
Was the segue into "Come On In My Kitchen" in the middle of the Seattle Midnight Rambler something new, or have they done that before?

All through the No Filter tour there has been a segue into some old blues song at that point in Midnight Rambler. It's usually Come On In My Kitchen, but we have also had You Got To Move and one or two others that I can't recall right now - anyone remember what the others were?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 17, 2019 18:26

Green Lady
Javadave

All through the No Filter tour there has been a segue into some old blues song at that point in Midnight Rambler. It's usually Come On In My Kitchen, but we have also had You Got To Move and one or two others that I can't recall right now - anyone remember what the others were?

Hellhound on my trail is one more

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2019 20:24

goinhome
Man, I don't know what it was, and it's all probably very subjective, but I feel like there was something very special in the air at the Seattle Show. While Keith doesn't play (technically) or move like he used to, he seemed so present and dialed into the music, and the energy he channeled was fantastic. I was at 1st night Chicago, as well as the first MetLife show, this summer, which were both great, but this one was a little different, and special.

doesn't hurt that the stadium is gorgeous, the show was outdoors, and the weather was absolutely perfect!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: August 17, 2019 20:27

treaclefingers
goinhome

doesn't hurt that the stadium is gorgeous, the show was outdoors, and the weather was absolutely perfect!

Full moon concerts are the best!

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: August 17, 2019 21:08

As a fan for 50 yrs, and a Seattle native, I was excited to see them again. Hard a great floor seat but a minor last minute med. issue made going not a good idea.
I have been to London, Vegas and Paris for shows and missing this one most likely my last was difficult. I have many thanks for those periscopers! Got the feel of how good it was for the fans. Look forward to more of these.
The Stones Left Seattle Friday afternoon, an extra day for them in a most pleasant city.
Thanks to BV for all the info over the years and those of you here for your
passionate knowledge of the Stones and their history.

Date: August 17, 2019 22:23

Green Lady
Javadave

Didn't Mick start that on the Zip Code Tour?

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: August 18, 2019 05:54

keefgotsoul
Here’s my lucky dip story for the Seattle show tonight... my friend and I went to the will call / lucky dip pickup window as soon as it opened. We were given wristbands, then got an envelope with our tickets inside. First level, side of stage. They were actually better seats than I was expecting. After Keith’s set we decided to explore the stadium to see the stage from other views, etc. We ended up going through severel ticket checkpoints just by showing the wristbands. We decided to try our luck. Long story, short... we ended up in front pit right in front of the stage by showing the ticket checkers our wristbands. No questions asked. They waved us through 3 separate ticket checkpoints. Show was incredible. I still can’t believe it.

Quoting my own post. Here’s the clips my friend filmed of the show. You can see at the beginning of the video where our lucky dip tickets got us near the side of the stage. At the end of the video you can see where we ended up in the front pit just by showing our wristbands to the ticket checkers.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 18, 2019 09:49

keefgotsoul
keefgotsoul
Here’s my lucky dip story for the Seattle show tonight... my friend and I went to the will call / lucky dip pickup window as soon as it opened. We were given wristbands, then got an envelope with our tickets inside. First level, side of stage. They were actually better seats than I was expecting. After Keith’s set we decided to explore the stadium to see the stage from other views, etc. We ended up going through severel ticket checkpoints just by showing the wristbands. We decided to try our luck. Long story, short... we ended up in front pit right in front of the stage by showing the ticket checkers our wristbands. No questions asked. They waved us through 3 separate ticket checkpoints. Show was incredible. I still can’t believe it.

Quoting my own post. Here’s the clips my friend filmed of the show. You can see at the beginning of the video where our lucky dip tickets got us near the side of the stage. At the end of the video you can see where we ended up in the front pit just by showing our wristbands to the ticket checkers.

[youtu.be]

Stones looking and sounding great in those clips, thanks for posting Keefgotsoul, you certainly got your moneys worth smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 09:50 by keithsman.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 18, 2019 11:17

Thank you Mick and company for such a great performance. Being my last show I almost had tears. Thanks for all the memories all these 18 times I've seen your shows over the years. You're the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 11:20 by babyblue.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 04:36

Seattle review, short and sweet this time because we’re on the road:

Beast Of Burden! She’s been wanting to hear that for years and finally got it.

I drove from Alabama to Seattle simply to make sure my oldest friend got to see the Stones at least once. He’s a sound guy who has worked with many bands over the years, seen everybody BUT the Stones.. He smiled ear to ear the entire time.

Ran into another good friend of mine just by chance who actually was Mick’s driver on a film project but had never seen a full show either (he watched rehearsals once) so this night was extra fun. He was “blown away” as well.

You Got The Silver! Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home