Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Seattle show 14-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 15, 2019 11:32

Freejack
Mick - "So many good places to eat in Seattle, So I went looking for Dick's" "I wanted a nice little hot dog, but all I could find were big Geoducks..."

Close..cool smiley
"So I went looking for Dick's (great burgers,local chain) I wanted a Seattle Dog (a thing- cream cheese, dog, etc) but I all I could find were big Geoducks..."

Great show!!
What a night! Fantastic show in a full moon drenched gorgeous Seattle night.
Wow!

The Rolling Stones - Seattle WA 14-August-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 15, 2019 13:45

Dean Rutz/The Seattle Times

Date: August 15, 2019 13:47

Date: August 15, 2019 13:49

Re: Seattle show 14-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: August 15, 2019 13:55

Here’s my lucky dip story for the Seattle show tonight... my friend and I went to the will call / lucky dip pickup window as soon as it opened. We were given wristbands, then got an envelope with our tickets inside. First level, side of stage. They were actually better seats than I was expecting. After Keith’s set we decided to explore the stadium to see the stage from other views, etc. We ended up going through severel ticket checkpoints just by showing the wristbands. We decided to try our luck. Long story, short... we ended up in front pit right in front of the stage by showing the ticket checkers our wristbands. No questions asked. They waved us through 3 separate ticket checkpoints. Show was incredible. I still can’t believe it.

Date: August 15, 2019 13:58

Rolling Stones in Seattle: You get what you need

By Daniel DeMay, SeattlePI
August 15, 2019

Genna Martin, Seattlepi.com

Mick Jagger will strut to his grave.

And Keith Richards, thought by some to be possibly immortal or, at the very least, not able to be "killed by conventional weapons," may yet live forever.

They, along with Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts and a stellar lineup of backing players and vocalists, failed to show their age Wednesday night at Seattle's CenturyLink Field. At least not in their playing.

Charlie looks feeble, and yet pounds the drums as hard as ever. Ronnie, perhaps the most outwardly youthful member (and actually the youngest of the old-time players at 72), plays guitar like he's still in high school and with as much fervor.

The Rolling Stones are alive and well, ladies and gentlemen.

But who are the Rolling Stones in 2019? Three of them have, after all, been playing together since 1963 — 56 years — and Mick and Keith had been at it most of a year before that. Ronnie joined the band in 1975 and has been with them since.

Their catalog of albums spans almost every modern music movement. But what they brought Wednesday night came mostly from the band's excellent stable of rock and blues tracks.

Mick started out the set with a bang, hitting "Street Fighting Man" with hips gyrating and hands waving. Keith moved a bit slow, perhaps simply because when he plays guitar, he doesn't look like he's trying, but the energy eventually came round and caught him up.

"You Got Me Rocking" followed (with a supreme slide solo by Ronnie) and the band launched into "Tumbling Dice" from their 1972 record, "Exile on Main St." Keith, leaving all the early set leads to Ronnie, gave the crowd a wink at one point, and carried on.

Between songs, Mick apologized for the delay — the show was originally scheduled for May but he had to have a heart valve replaced in April or somewhere thereabouts — and reminded the crowd that he had been to Seattle not so long ago.

"We played here once before, it was called something different," he said, referring either to the stadium's earlier name of Qwest Field, or perhaps the name of an earlier tour.

The band first touched down in the Emerald City in 1965 during what was their third American tour, a show Mick referenced later in the set: "Which is a very long time ago."

The band — or perhaps the band's promoters — allowed fans to vote for one song in the set list and Wednesday's feature was "Beast of Burden," which they performed admirably. Backup singer Bernard Fowler made his way out front for a short duet with Mick during the song and showed his technical prowess as a vocalist.

The fifth song of the set was a track off the 1969 album "Let It Bleed," that being "You Can't Always Get What You Want," and it was a moment that saw the band unleash its true force upon the gathered masses.

By this point, Mick had already removed two shirts, and as the song roared to life, he was on the verge of removing a third.

Nearby, a woman was clearly overcome by the music, thrilled with the sound and the fury of what really is The Rolling Stones. This was perhaps influenced by a high-powered solo from Ronnie and much hip shaking and general sexy movements from Mick.

He is still a serious threat to the opposite sex, and perhaps only a slightly less serious threat to the same sex.

At this point, the older members of the band walked out to the end of the center stage walkway, roughly to the 50-yard line, with acoustic guitars. This would prove among the highlights of the show.

They started right into a variation of the 1972 "Exile on Main St." track "Sweet Virginia," which proved to be a showcase for not only Ronnie, who played a healthy lead as he wandered around the mini stage at the end of the walkway, but also a showcase for Mick to make some minor moves around the stage while strumming a beautiful Gibson Hummingbird.

Between that and "Dead Flowers," it was easy to feel like you were in somebody's basement listening to a friend's band strumming their way through a blues standard. Except you weren't. You were in CenturyLink Field, and it was the @#$%& Rolling Stones playing those basement songs. And it was amazing.

After a lovely strut back up to the main stage, (Ronnie was looking very sexy, for one thing) the band launched into "Sympathy for the Devil," a song that was among the last appearances of founding member Brian Jones.

Listening to the song performed live was akin to a religious experience, according to one listener.

For the tune, Mick strutted out in a flashy sequined jacket. For the solo — one of the best lead guitar parts in the band's thick catalog — Keith made his noise with a TV yellow Gibson Les Paul Jr. A searing guitar tone carried him through not one but multiple lead sections before the band led into "Honkey Tonk Women."

What does the reviewer say about this? It was one of the finest examples of guitar and vocal work yet observed.

Keith's riffs shined through (thanks in part to volume) all other sounds and gave the crowd the familiar bits they were used to even before Mick got through the verses and Keith launched into a beautiful solo.

Mick took a break after this, apparently, leaving stage center to Keith and Ronnie, who had no problem occupying it.

Keith led off with a song penned firstly by him, "Before They Make Me Run," and brought a vocal talent akin to Bob Dylan. Not in a negative way, mind you, but just a sound that made you think, 'hey, he sounds a bit like Dylan.'

But if you were turned off by it (this writer wasn't), the band came back to full steam with "Miss You," the classic disco hit with the four-on-the-floor kick drum and all other attempts at hitting the mark during what was otherwise a dark time for rock musicians.

What was perhaps the blues highlight of the show came next — the 13th track — with "The Midnight Rambler," a problematic song (lyrically) that is also a crowd favorite and, for many years, a jukebox choice because of the value the long track offered.

The Stones spared no expense this night and took the breakdown to new levels. Mick did not one but two harmonica solos before the song was taken down to bare bones. Then he practiced a bit of call and response with the crowd ahead of the expected build up.

The feeling was that of a blues club of the 1960s, or at least, the impression of such a place. Between the harmonica and Keith's riffs and Ronnie's leads, the track sounded both as rough and as honed as anything the band has ever done. Charlie carried the beat impeccably, pounding the drums as hard as anyone half or a quarter of his age, and not seeming to break a sweat doing so.

Ronnie brought the sitar to the next song, "Paint it Black," a hit off the band's 1966 album "Aftermath," if you can believe that. Most listeners would have doubted the band had been playing the song for 53 years hearing it Wednesday night.

This was followed by "Jumpin' Jack Flash," at which point the band's energy was higher than my own. Keith was reveling in his open tunings on this one, and thus, I soldiered on.

Song 17 was "Brown Sugar," and while the performance was stunning — the band was at its highest energy yet — I wondered what the African-American backup singers, particularly the woman, thought about singing those words over and over.

Apparently, it wasn't an issue, as Sasha Allen and Fowler kept right at it throughout the song. It was a cocaine-fueled, classic Rolling Stones song, minus the cocaine.

At this point, the band said goodnight and headed off stage. There was no doubt they would return for an encore or perhaps two (not two).

No sooner had I spoken the words, "I bet they play 'Gimme Shelter,'" than they were playing the very track.

It started out very mellow and built into a raging river of rock and roll. Aside from the usual joy of the song (this writer's favorite Stones song, full disclosure), it was advanced by the performance of Sasha Allen, who joined Mick way out front to start some call and response that built up and up and up until it nearly reached a breaking point and they brought the song back together.

And finally, with all of us music lovers knowing it couldn't be overlooked, the band closed with "(I can't get no) Satisfaction."

How long have they been playing this song??

It was released on "Out of Our Heads" in 1965. They've been playing it for 54 years. And do you know what? It sounded GOOD. It sounded like those guys had just written it and it was the hot new thing.

And maybe that's just it. Maybe, after all these decades, the Rolling Stones ARE the hot new thing.

Maybe it's not just Keith. Maybe they're all going to live forever.

My only hope is if they do, they keep on coming back to give us the full frontal rock show they have offered for decades.

It might not be what we all want, but it's certainly what we need.

[www.seattlepi.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones - Seattle WA 14-August-2019
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 15, 2019 14:25

Official Setlist Seattle (WA), CenturyLink Field, 14-Aug-2019:

"Thanks to the Emerald city for a great show, hope you enjoyed it!"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large version

[Twitter.com] · Large version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-16 11:55 by Irix.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 15, 2019 14:28

That has to be one of the best set lists in years.

Date: August 15, 2019 14:29

<Keith, leaving all the early set leads to Ronnie, gave the crowd a wink at one point, and carried on>

Hm, I bet he didn't skip his lead on YGMR smiling smiley

Date: August 15, 2019 14:37

DandelionPowderman

Hm, I bet he didn't skip his lead on YGMR smiling smiley

I thought the same thing, it's just fantasy writing, makes for a good read but pure BS.

Date: August 15, 2019 15:05

Back to back SFM opener

Date: August 15, 2019 15:27

keithsman

It's not the best set list in the last month and a half ...... let alone years.

"Beast of Bottle" (as the song has become since the turn of the century).

What else of note?? 2 acoustic songs and the usual warhorses.

Date: August 15, 2019 15:36

SeattlePI concert review.

The Stones HAVE NOT been playing "Paint it Black" for 53 years.

22 years right after 1966 / 1967 ,when it was first released WITHOUT performing it.

Then,soon after that,another 8 years WITHOUT performing it.

Then,soon after that,another few years WITHOUT performing it.

So,that accounts for 33 years of their figure of "53 years".

Date: August 15, 2019 17:19

Winning Ugly VXII
keithsman

For me personilly i mean, SFM to open with as i love JJF full length, You Got Me Rocking, a great job of Beast Of Burden with Ronnie and Keith, Sweet Virginia , Dead Flowers and Keith back to singing YGTS. Thought it was a great set list, sorry about that mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 17:30 by keithsman.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 15, 2019 17:32

Winning Ugly VXII
keithsman

That sounds sooo frustrated with the Stones of today - I wonder why one even can be here with this mind and post, and read etc. Must be sad to be in this fan-stage.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: August 15, 2019 17:35

Fantastic gig. I've seen two reviews now saying SFM was shaky, but I don't remember that from being there at all. There were a few hesitant endings, and Keith made a complete mess of the Brown Sugar intro, but in general they were on fire. Couldn't have asked for a better first (and I assume only) Stones show.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: August 15, 2019 17:44

keithsman
It's understandable but very noticeable that since Micks heart valves operation he's slowed down a lot, he's just walking and waving mostly, his performance has lost it's punch in a stadium, perhaps next year go back to touring arenas with smaller stages and stay tight and close to the band and perform from the mic stand or something .I'd prefer Mick doing all his cool moves and singing hard and true as opposed to walking and waving trying to connect the audience all over the catwalks, this waving thing is getting a bit annoying, the music it's self connects with its power, no need to intice audience participation like we're at Butlins holiday camp.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 15, 2019 18:01

Thanks as always for posting pics and reviews bye bye johnny.

bye bye johnny

[www.seattlepi.com]

"What was perhaps the blues highlight of the show came next — the 13th track — with "The Midnight Rambler...The feeling was that of a blues club of the 1960s, or at least, the impression of such a place. Between the harmonica and Keith's riffs and Ronnie's leads, the track sounded both as rough and as honed as anything the band has ever done. Charlie carried the beat impeccably, pounding the drums as hard as anyone half or a quarter of his age, and not seeming to break a sweat doing so".

Always an absolute highlight (not just a "blues highlight") showcasing the band at their best without all the bells and whistles. thumbs up

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 15, 2019 18:12

What a fun time that was last night. Thought the band looked and sounded excellent. Probably the best weather they've seen all tour. They looked relaxed and into it. Full Moon shows are the best.

A couple of notes:

Midnight Rambler featured a segue into the chorus of Robert Johnson's "Come On In My Kitchen" that Mick seemed to improvise. Keith put his hand on Mick's shoulder and gave a smile that looked like he was pleased and genuinely surprised. Keith's guitar was turned up in the mix, and it was a great rendition.

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but there was a wookie looking dude dancing around on the outer edge of Pit 1 where there was a little room. Towards the end of Rambler he was swinging some young kid (his daughter?) around by her arms, when he lost his balance and went down hard, crashing into the security barrier. He was a Gamer, though, as he got up before the ten count, shook it off, and gimped his way through the rest of the show.

After Mick said he went to Dick's (a local cheap hamburger chain), he said "then I went to Pony (a local Gay club) but that was a mistake, I wanted a hot dog but they didn't have one so I got a geoduck (pronounced "gooey duck") instead."

The only weak link of the show for me was "Brown Sugar". It sounded like the guitars started in the wrong key. Seattle is about as politically correct a city you'll find, so it may have been getting a cool reception from the locals too. Near the end of it, Jagger walked over to take a sip of whatever he was drinking from his go-cup, then threw the still half-full cup into Pit 2. Somebody must have gotten doused by it.

I was in Section 138 on the side of the stage on Ronnie's side. Mick gave our side of the stage a lot of time, and Ronnie and Keith both played the catwalk on our side. They were really good seats with great sound. People around us were asking how much we paid for our tickets. One guy said "let me guess, $380?" He was floored when I told him I'd gotten my pair of LD's for $77. The Stones are the best for doing the LDs and giving all their fans a shot at great seats without having to break the bank. It's a nice gesture that would be great for other artists to emulate.

Thanks to the Stones for a great performance, they still have the Glimmer!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 15, 2019 18:25

I think you have to be *at* the shows to make accurate comparisons between them.

I agree with Aquamarine, been to three shows this year, and one in 2017.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 15, 2019 18:40

My experience last nite with lucky dips got to will call about 630. Me and my daughter got floor section e..I looked around noticed pit I. Ronnie's side security was pretty good so we walked over to Keith's side I noticed there was a way to get in there so we waited when the guard got busy we just walked quickly right in.we stood at the rail a quarter of the way up at cat walk where mick goes to on almost every song..another Amazing stones nite ty mick Keith Charlie and ronnie. Till next time

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: August 15, 2019 18:59

Javadave
The only weak link of the show for me was "Brown Sugar". It sounded like the guitars started in the wrong key. Seattle is about as politically correct a city you'll find, so it may have been getting a cool reception from the locals too. Near the end of it, Jagger walked over to take a sip of whatever he was drinking from his go-cup, then threw the still half-full cup into Pit 2. Somebody must have gotten doused by it.

Not the wrong key, just several of the wrong chords. In a way it was the worst kind of screw up, because Keith nailed the first two chords of the intro, so everybody knew what was supposed to come next... and it did not come next. Ha.

I liked the water cup toss as well - was surprised they didn't capture that on the screens.

Date: August 15, 2019 19:40

Review: Rolling Stones, running on attitude, reward eager Seattle crowd after 13-year wait

By Michael Rietmulder
Aug. 15, 2019

Concert review

The lights on the four gargantuan screens behind the stage went dark. There they were: Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie at the end of the catwalk. The Rolling Stones, the self-proclaimed (but not entirely unfounded) “greatest rock ‘n’ roll band in the world,” cruising through the harmonica-sparked acoustic song “Sweet Virginia” — time kept with a healthy stomp and Charlie Watts’ ever-steady hands.

Under the lonesome spotlight in the temporarily darkened CenturyLink Field, pursed-lipped frontman Mick Jagger locked eyes with Ronnie Wood, who instantly pulled up into a twisted slide solo, eventually shifting to a rustic version of mid-tempo kicker “Dead Flowers.” For a few minutes, it felt like seeing the rock juggernauts in a dimly lit blues joint (pour one out for Highway 99), albeit one with tens of thousands of bar stools. Had anyone been industrious enough to smuggle in a washboard, they might have been welcome to sit in for a few bars.

It was an intimate mid-set highlight during a night full of them, as The Rolling Stones made their first visit to Seattle since 2006 on Wednesday, playing to a stadium full of eager fans who had been feeling the drought. “When we played here once before, it was called something else,” Jagger noted after a soothing, gospel-tinged “Tumbling Dice” that got the band on track early on after an uneven opening jaunt through “Street Fighting Man.” (Former stadium name: Qwest Field.)

Jagger wasn’t overly chatty, save for a token string of local food references (Dick’s, Seattle dogs, geoduck) during Wednesday’s make-up date after the Stones postponed their No Filter tour earlier this year while the 76-year-old singer underwent a heart-valve replacement. Any concerns that Mick’s ticker would slow him down were put to rest by the time he twirled his way to the front of the stage in a green bedazzled jacket to start a rollicking “Sympathy for the Devil,” later wriggling like a cobra that accidentally swallowed a bottle of Viagra.

Judging by the tissue boxes kept around the stage, Jagger might have been a touch under the weather, though he sounded great (save for a precarious falsetto attempt in “Beast of Burden”). As for those signature moves, there were all the hip gyrations and jittery stutter steps expected from one of rock’s most limber frontmen, of any age. After his wriggling harmonica opener to “Midnight Rambler,” Jagger — who seemed to accrue layers just for the sake of shedding them emphatically later — swaggered his way down the runway to twirl his pink jacket over his head on more conspicuous turf.

Jagger was hardly the only septuagenarian with swagger to spare last night. A big part of The Rolling Stones’ magic is their ability to simultaneously sound raggedy and anthemic, for which Richards and Wood deserve a large chunk of the credit. The guitarists carried the song’s jammier stretches, reining it in and ramping up the barroom bluster before getting too frayed. Hypnotic fan-favorite “Paint it Black” that followed almost felt straight-laced by comparison. While Wood is a consummate showman, often hamming it up alongside Jagger, Richards was all business. His electric blues licks were pure attitude, confident and steely.

The Stones have long been a band to give the people what they want and Wednesday’s show was the veritable hit parade fans have come to expect. A stellar closing run picked up the pace after jammier versions of disco-strutting “Miss You” and “Midnight Rambler.”

“Jumpin’ Jack Flash” was fluid and flawless, and a barn-shaking “Brown Sugar” got a boost with a sizzling solo from saxophonist Karl Denson, who went a little underutilized — as did Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig of indie-pop group Lucius, who sang backup for country-rocking openers Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real during their strong but short set. (It took Nelson all of four minutes to play a scorching solo with his teeth.)

“(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” provided the final salvo, pushed into a brawny extended jam that could have lasted another 10 minutes. It felt like one last ripper for the jukebox before the bouncer kicks everyone out, though based on the cacophony of screams, no one wanted the night to end.

Here’s hoping it won’t be another 13 years until the Stones get back to Seattle, although at this rate, they’ll probably still be at it.

[www.seattletimes.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 15, 2019 19:42

Best Stones show in Seattle since 1981 in my opinion.

The crowd was fantastic, a bit subdued, but that is Seattle cool smiley
Loved it when Mick stated that he heard this was the loudest stadium for football. He seemed to regret that a bit as the fans cheering then went on for several minutes.. he went back to get a drink of water while the fans continued.

Great version of BoB.. love it when they do it without a guest.
Keith's set was the best I've seen this tour, Silver and BTMMR both sounded fantastic. Two different people in my section commented on how surprised they were at how well Keith sang.. he sounded great!

Packing now for California road trip!!

Love this band!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 15, 2019 19:47

Amazing night perfect summer evening... Simply beautiful with the Emerald City in the backdrop - I was in lower 315 Sound and those crystal clear screens were amazing great crowd - I gotta say I thought Ronnie stole the show!

only downside was getting a flat tire on route from Vancouver and hitting rush hour entering the city but I just had to "scrape that shit right of my shoes..."

Thank you Rolling Stones!!

Date: August 15, 2019 19:59

MisterDDDD
Best Stones show in Seattle since 1981 in my opinion.

The crowd was fantastic, a bit subdued, but that is Seattle cool smiley
Loved it when Mick stated that he heard this was the loudest stadium for football. He seemed to regret that a bit as the fans cheering then went on for several minutes.. he went back to get a drink of water while the fans continued.

Great version of BoB.. love it when they do it without a guest.
Keith's set was the best I've seen this tour, Silver and BTMMR both sounded fantastic. Two different people in my section commented on how surprised they were at how well Keith sang.. he sounded great!

Packing now for California road trip!!

Love this band!

thumbs up

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:00

@keithsman
I though last year that Mick was slowing down during the second set but this year he is full of energy during the whole show
Compare for example JJF:
Jacksonville 2019 [youtu.be]
To Warsaw 2018 [youtu.be]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:15

I've been super busy and distracted with other stuff during this historic tour of my favorite rock and roll band ever. ever.
so u bin spared the usual impressions I like to share.
Just popping in to say Wow, this is incredible.
the energy and warmth
and power, (warts and all, none of that matters comparatively to me anymore at all), is just precious; what a great and outstanding series of wonderful shows;

i hadn't anticipated, admittedly, these many thrills...this is just a super showing; entirely in incredible
and Jags is no way ceding any ground in the Kingdom of rock and roll front man stars,
to any young pretenders in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's or 60's.
i'm waiting for adtl. not yet? let's get em to kick that one in...
i've limited time and access this summer but I'm beaming every time I see a clip. thanks iorr fans and BV.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:18

Hairball
Thanks as always for posting pics and reviews bye bye johnny.

bye bye johnny

[www.seattlepi.com]

"What was perhaps the blues highlight of the show came next — the 13th track — with "The Midnight Rambler...The feeling was that of a blues club of the 1960s, or at least, the impression of such a place. Between the harmonica and Keith's riffs and Ronnie's leads, the track sounded both as rough and as honed as anything the band has ever done. Charlie carried the beat impeccably, pounding the drums as hard as anyone half or a quarter of his age, and not seeming to break a sweat doing so".

Always an absolute highlight (not just a "blues highlight") showcasing the band at their best without all the bells and whistles. thumbs up

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:19

OK, a little late with this but . . .

Took the Bainbridge Island ferry to Seattle, had dinner at the Metropolitan Grill. The place was packed with Stones fans, a real electric atmosphere. We worked our way down to the stadium and got in line for the LD tickets at about 7 PM. This was my first time with LD's, so it was with great anticipation that I opened the envelope. I saw that they were not pit tix, but I saw that they were for section 106, and that sounded good to me. When we got to the seats, we were to the right of the stage, row 12 from the floor. Wow, I was thrilled to get those seats. I had anticipated nose bleed if not in the pit.

A beautiful evening, Seattle at its finest: perfect weather, full moon, everything was ideal.

I have to say that I really liked Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real. I had anticipated wandering around during the opening act but I thought they were very good. When he sang ballads, he sounded so much like his father!

What can I say about the Stones?!? Look, it was a fantastic show, and I am not going to nit pick about the setlist, the energy or lack thereof with any of the band. They are in their mid-70's! And they still rock and put on a hell of a show! I never would have believed after I saw them in 1966 that I would see them 53 years later. I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. What a night!! Great seats, pristine weather, the Stones putting out a great performance. What more could I ask for?

Thanks to Paddy for offering one of his LD's, though I ended up not needing it. I hope you had a good time. Thanks to MisterDDDD for keeping in touch and offering his wisdom regarding LD's. I wish I could have run into you last night. Sounds like you had a great time too. Have fun in California.

We're all very lucky to not only be able to see the Stones live, but that they sound good and continue to fill huge stadiums. It is truly phenomenal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-15 20:38 by DaveG.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home