Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Are ecologically responsible Stones Tours possible?
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 17:20

georgemcdonnell314
Let's be glad they're still touring.

Isn't playing the same songs over and over sort of recycling?

See they are doing their part.
LOL!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2019 18:04

RStones2550
Way to belittle someone who disagrees with you, BV. There are actually lots of scientists who do disagree with the way the "climate movement" is going today. Yes, climate changes. That's how it goes. And most of this "science" is actually just computer models done by scientists whose grants and funds are made possible by governments who are expecting an outcome - it's getting warmer.

I mean, why do anything? We're all going to die by 2030 anyways.

Just because someone is skeptical of climate "science," doesn't mean that they believe in a flat Earth or that we can't build bridges. But you do you, continue belittling the people who disagree with you.

You miss BV's point: it's HAPPENING whether you (anyone) agrees with it (believes it), understands and acknowledges it (promotes facts), disagrees with it (disbelieves) or thinks it's a hoax (chooses to ignore facts to fit their narrative).

There are a number of things happening (that have happened) that show something is changing but here are 3 that are significant factors:

1. cold dependent trees are migrating northward
2. lightning occurring within 300 miles of the north pole
3. rising sea surfaces

Since you seem to be of the hoax minded, read this and tell me nothing is happening:

The Miami bridge to Key Biscayne sparks a new worry on Wall Street: rising seas
[www.miamiherald.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 14, 2019 18:18

This stuff is really scary but it could be an opportunity to unite everyone around a common goal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-14 18:18 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 14, 2019 18:29

DandelionPowderman
Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt
I grew up in the USA, late 60’s early 70’s.
We were taught at school to crawl under our desks during nuclear bomb warnings and told that we would all freeze to death very soon just like the dinosaurs did.

A decade or so ago, our kids were taught in school that global warming would roast us all and that it was our own fault.

Now we are being lectured on climate change and anticipating earth’s impending doom on IORR...

I have every right to be skeptical.
In fact, I have every right to doubt the validity of all of it.
So-called “climate experts” aren’t scientists they are paid shills of a government with an agenda. Science is a never-ending study, it doesn’t just conclude with your own convenient findings.
Follow the money people.

The reason I love this site so much is because IORR is NOT political and NOT bought and paid for by any corporation. This thread disappoints me greatly.

While I find your post ridiculous and ignorant, I agree with your last paragraph.

I am not ignorant.

Actively to choose not to obtain knowledge is ignorant. I have no idea whether you are an ignorant person in other ways.

Like if I said "I don't believe that what I pay in taxes will be going to welfare (when it is proven that it does). Therefore, I refuse to pay any".

That's would be an ignorant thing to say.

I choose to obtain knowledge everyday.
Tread lightly DP...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-14 18:30 by Kurt.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2019 18:34

Ever heard of the Paris Agreement, Ryanpow? Most countries in the world have signed it. The current USA administration has decided to withdraw from it in 2020 though.
If you haven't heard about it you can always look it up.

Date: August 14, 2019 18:36

nick
Whipping up some nonsense to deflect your bigotry don't fly. You have zero self control in controlling your political views too. That's good we know where you coming from.

We'll all be sure to triple check our posts to make sure NOTHING is said to offend you since (like the very now un-PC almond "milk") you're one of those topped out sensitive ones that can't take a self-deprecating post and sees anything and everything as "racist" with emotional basis based on nothing but are OK with living under a rock.

Date: August 14, 2019 18:46

GasLightStreet
nick
Whipping up some nonsense to deflect your bigotry don't fly. You have zero self control in controlling your political views too. That's good we know where you coming from.

We'll all be sure to triple check our posts to make sure NOTHING is said to offend you since (like the very now un-PC almond "milk") you're one of those topped out sensitive ones that can't take a self-deprecating post and sees anything and everything as "racist" with emotional basis based on nothing but are OK with living under a rock.
The fact is I was mocking his infantile and overly-simplistic blaming of China and India, while simultaneously seeming to absolve the U.S. from any responsibility.

Yes, China is the biggest contributor due to their sheer size and relative lack of industrial sophistication, but the U.S., per capita, contributes twice as much due to our lifestyle.

At the most, you can blame these countries for rushing to catch up to Western lifestyles while bypassing environmental concerns, which is rather unfair. The U.S. did it first when the planet was relatively capable of absorbing the damage. Now, that's no longer an option.

7.5 billion people attempting to live like Americans/Western Europeans isn't sustainable.

Date: August 14, 2019 18:48

I shouldn't really lump Western Europeans in with Americans, as we're far bigger culprits...in fact, I was surprised to see that CANADA (of all places) and Australia are slightly bigger offenders per capita than the U.S.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 14, 2019 18:48

Yes Im one of those horrible ”deniers”. Im scared of what eco fascists (not you BV Or anybody else on iorr) in power are capable of. That said it is possible that the industrial era and the current one in third world has had a minor impact on the +0.8 the last century. Maybe. I have zero bad conscience the very few times I can afford flying abroad. Im disgusted when I hear politicians lecture their voters about this while boarding yet another flight to some BS conference. Enjoy the possibilities we have today. Make flying cheaper in the name of humanity. Do as the Finns. Build new and more nuclear power plants so we can afford to warm our homes. Cold weather is what kill humans.

Date: August 14, 2019 18:50

RStones2550
Way to belittle someone who disagrees with you, BV. There are actually lots of scientists who do disagree with the way the "climate movement" is going today. Yes, climate changes. That's how it goes. And most of this "science" is actually just computer models done by scientists whose grants and funds are made possible by governments who are expecting an outcome - it's getting warmer.

Just because someone is skeptical of climate "science," doesn't mean that they believe in a flat Earth or that we can't build bridges. But you do you, continue belittling the people who disagree with you.

Exactly my point.

Posted by: RStones2550 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 18:51

GasLightStreet
RStones2550

You miss BV's point: it's HAPPENING whether you (anyone) agrees with it (believes it), understands and acknowledges it (promotes facts), disagrees with it (disbelieves) or thinks it's a hoax (chooses to ignore facts to fit their narrative).

There are a number of things happening (that have happened) that show something is changing but here are 3 that are significant factors:

3. rising sea surfaces

Since you seem to be of the hoax minded, read this and tell me nothing is happening:

[www.miamiherald.com]

You are ignorant if you thought that was what I meant. But anyways, this conversation is boring because people just like to call one another names and this is getting nowhere. YES THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING. Happened before and guess what? It will happen again. But go ahead and alarm everyone.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 19:01

How 'bout those Giants!?….

Date: August 14, 2019 19:04

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
nick

The fact is I was mocking his infantile and overly-simplistic blaming of China and India, while simultaneously seeming to absolve the U.S. from any responsibility.

Yes, China is the biggest contributor due to their sheer size and relative lack of industrial sophistication, but the U.S., per capita, contributes twice as much due to our lifestyle.

At the most, you can blame these countries for rushing to catch up to Western lifestyles while bypassing environmental concerns, which is rather unfair. The U.S. did it first when the planet was relatively capable of absorbing the damage. Now, that's no longer an option.

7.5 billion people attempting to live like Americans/Western Europeans isn't sustainable.

That is correct.

And in complete fairness, ha ha, US citizens I know say 'We can't tell them (China, India) they can't do it since we did it' and all that. So we watch the planet burn by standing by and letting people be.

So be it.

If people were truly concerned about THE CHILDREN it would be a very different world. It's just an emotional thing for people to say that absolves them of being part of the solution, because being a parent is some kind of Know All above everyone else, even though they are part of the problem. It's not that you're stuck in traffic - you ARE traffic.

Where I live things are weird with recycling - it's been a sham the whole time yet we still pay for it; solar panels are not allowed due to historic societies keeping things historical (even though if back 'then' had the option they'd... you get the point), "everyone" screams about the sinking coast and thank you Big Oil for destroying the marshes yet... nothing gets done; the land continues to sink, salt water continues to destroy what's left of the land and the river came up so high it was the closest it's ever been to jumping and making a portion of Louisiana unlivable but since it didn't it's killed a lot of sea life and has polluted all the local waters - all because of a gargantuan amount of rain in the Northeast and Midwest.

NOTHING has been done. The levees got "fixed" after Katrina and everyone that was screaming about how bad/evil/etc the government was for the levees that failed suddenly went 'OK, it's fixed, I don't need to leave'. I believe that is what may be called "blind faith".

It will happen again. Because... that's what the United States does excellently - repeats its mistakes over and over and over and over.

Date: August 14, 2019 19:04

Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt
We were taught at school to crawl under our desks during nuclear bomb warnings and told that we would all freeze to death very soon just like the dinosaurs did.

A decade or so ago, our kids were taught in school that global warming would roast us all and that it was our own fault.

Now we are being lectured on climate change and anticipating earth’s impending doom on IORR...

So-called “climate experts” aren’t scientists they are paid shills of a government with an agenda. Science is a never-ending study, it doesn’t just conclude with your own convenient findings.
Follow the money people.

The reason I love this site so much is because IORR is NOT political and NOT bought and paid for by any corporation. This thread disappoints me greatly.

While I find your post ridiculous and ignorant, I agree with your last paragraph.

I am not ignorant.

Actively to choose not to obtain knowledge is ignorant. I have no idea whether you are an ignorant person in other ways.

Like if I said "I don't believe that what I pay in taxes will be going to welfare (when it is proven that it does). Therefore, I refuse to pay any".

Tread lightly DP...

<In fact, I have every right to doubt the validity of all of it.
So-called “climate experts” aren’t scientists they are paid shills of a government with an agenda.>

Date: August 14, 2019 19:10

The Rolling Stones lay down an enormous carbon footprint.
So do the people that criss-cross the globe following them.
To claim otherwise is massively hypocritical.

I do not criticize these facts.
In fact, I applaud them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-14 19:14 by Kurt.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 14, 2019 19:10

Im an environmental engineer and I fly from the netherlands to Miami just for the show.... I feel bad lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: August 14, 2019 19:11

RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550

3. rising sea surfaces

[www.miamiherald.com]

You are ignorant if you thought that was what I meant. But anyways, this conversation is boring because people just like to call one another names and this is getting nowhere. YES THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING. Happened before and guess what? It will happen again. But go ahead and alarm everyone.

What you meant was absolutely clear but your wording of it was just an red carpet for people who choose to ignore facts and then you do the usual 'of course the climate changes' garbage.

"Alarm everyone"? HA!

Who is "everyone"?

I don't give a shit if you continue to live your life ignoring facts or reinventing them to fit your little idea of a not-warming-world - just stay out of the way of the facts.

Since you don't believe it, why do you choose to say anything at all?

Date: August 14, 2019 19:18

DandelionPowderman
Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt

Follow the money people.

I am not ignorant.

Tread lightly DP...

<In fact, I have every right to doubt the validity of all of it.
So-called “climate experts” aren’t scientists they are paid shills of a government with an agenda.>

Since you didn't bother to reference the next line, I will repeat it myself:

<Science is a never-ending study, it doesn’t just conclude with your own convenient findings.>

At least we both now know where each other stands.
Enjoy your day.

Posted by: RStones2550 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 19:26

GasLightStreet
RStones2550
GasLightStreet
RStones2550

3. rising sea surfaces

[www.miamiherald.com]

What you meant was absolutely clear but your wording of it was just an red carpet for people who choose to ignore facts and then you do the usual 'of course the climate changes' garbage.

"Alarm everyone"? HA!

Who is "everyone"?

I don't give a shit if you continue to live your life ignoring facts or reinventing them to fit your little idea of a not-warming-world - just stay out of the way of the facts.

Since you don't believe it, why do you choose to say anything at all?
You were dropped on your head as kid, right? Yes, the Earth is warming. Yes, you are a douchebag.

Date: August 14, 2019 20:19

Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt
DandelionPowderman
Kurt

Follow the money people.

I am not ignorant.

Tread lightly DP...

Since you didn't bother to reference the next line, I will repeat it myself:

At least we both now know where each other stands.
Enjoy your day.

I'm sorry if I took this too far, Kurt. Important issue for me.

Enjoy your day, too.

Date: August 14, 2019 20:35

This thread is a good example of how facts now equal some theories some facts but mainly a set of rules and a belief system that is followed as if it were the word of God. I think it’s disgusting to compare lets say a Professor in Oceanography to some nut who thinks the earth is flat. Oh the humanity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2019 21:03

Well, Greta is on her way to New York to solve all this. She will cross the Atlantic in a sailing boat.
Zero emissions. The trip will take two weeks.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 14, 2019 21:57

Even leaving climate change aside, if you can't see how we are making a total mess of the planet with clear-cutting Amazon rain forest for beef, littering the oceans with our insatiable demand for plastic junk and single-use packaging, and ruining the rivers with chemical run-off, I don't know where to begin.

Date: August 14, 2019 22:15

What countries pollute rivers and oceans with plastic bags? Of burning garbage contained in the plastic shopping bags is better should we then forbid the plastic bag? What has plastic bags to do with the current warm cycle the last few hundred years?

Date: August 14, 2019 22:18

Stoneage
Well, Greta is on her way to New York to solve all this. She will cross the Atlantic in a sailing boat.
Zero emissions. The trip will take two weeks.

[www.youtube.com]

Zero? How many meals does she have during these weeks? How did the crew actually get to the vessel? By foot?

Date: August 14, 2019 22:19

BV can you please delete this thread?

It is not ecological to continue the thread with all the wasted power using our phones, tablets and computers to keep posting here!

Let's be glad they are still touring!

They are doing their ecological part by making the tours shorter.

We should all enjoy it while we can and not bicker.

Date: August 14, 2019 22:21

I have met Kurt.......he is not ignorant.
DandelionPowderman
Kurt

Follow the money people.

I am not ignorant.[/quote]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 22:25

Our way of life since the Agricultural Revolution (approx. 10,000 years ago) is totally out of balance w/ the ecological and environmental laws of the planet.

....and they are called "laws" for a reason.

Given that imbalance, there is nothing ecologically "responsible" or "sustainable" about our entire way of life...Stones tours are part of that way of life. So, to answer your question: "no"

However, if you are concerned about the environment, Stones concerts are very low on the list of things you should stop doing....

if you eat meat, then it really doesn't matter what else you do. It is by far the worst behavior (environmentally-speaking) that an individual can engage in.

Basically, "Eating Meat and the Health of Earth" is the equivalent (or worse) of "Smoking Cigarettes and Your Personal Health"....if you can't/won't give that up, don't worry about any of your other behaviors...we already know what will kill you.

....and please don't throw out the Fallacy of Logic that "Keith smokes" as a response...he is the exception, not the rule (for a lot of reasons).

if you don't believe me about the impact of meat or cigarettes, do some basic research.

Point is: Stones rule, so go enjoy your little life...if you really care about the environment for whatever reason, then start by giving up meat....if you don't care for whatever reason, then enjoy the ride.

As an end-note: I don't suggest having children, if you really care about the long-term health of the planet....

Go Stones!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 14, 2019 22:25

Redhotcarpet
What countries pollute rivers and oceans with plastic bags? Of burning garbage contained in the plastic shopping bags is better should we then forbid the plastic bag? What has plastic bags to do with the current warm cycle the last few hundred years?

As peoplewitheyes said: "Even leaving climate change aside" it doesn't have to do with longterm climate cycles. It's acknowledging that we have a whole set of ecological problems not concerning CO2. The economic system itself is faulty and needs to be dealt with for a variety of reasons.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 22:26

iraq0708
How 'bout those Giants!?….

Hahaha!

good one!

Go Browns!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1874