Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unbelievable levels of volume on the A Bigger Bang Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 10, 2019 22:32

The loudest I've ever heard them play was in Hannover 2006. I could not recognize the song they were playing until Mick started singing. That wasn't fun anymore. It made me physically uncomfortable and I wasn't alone. Behind the railing a guy puked while he ran. They seemed to ease up on the volume during the show, but I wondered why it was necessary to demonstrate the power of the PA like that. Did anyone else experience such a concert? The shows in 2007 were loud, but nothing insane like that.

Re: Unbelievable levels of volume on the A Bigger Bang Tour
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 10, 2019 23:08

Did Angus Young fill Dave Natale's shoes for a few gigs? grinning smiley

"Mate, I'll turn up the P.A. till the dB meter or the board goes past 130!"

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 10, 2019 23:13

The ABB Tour was rather bad on many levels. Frankfurt 2007 was the worst sound I ever witnessed on a professional concert. They tried to blame it on the venue, but most recordings from the second half of the ABB Tour are painful to listen to.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 11, 2019 03:12

I saw them at Dodger Stadium in L.A. in 2006. (It was a makeup date at the end of the tour for Mick being ill earlier). It was incredibly loud, and the light show was intense. But it wasn't about the music. It was hard to tell if the music was any good. Mick was great, strutting and moving around. He does that on makeup dates. But I left with my ears ringing, wondering what I just experienced. I can't say I didn't enjoy what I just went through, but I can't say it was a Stones concert either.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 11, 2019 03:44

In 1990, at the Cardiff Arms park, at the start of Tumbling dice, Bill's bass made my rib cage vibrate.....that was sort of fun.............cool smiley

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 11, 2019 03:44

The outer Onstage sections closest to the speaker stacks were like that but I enjoyed it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home