Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Denver show 10-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: August 12, 2019 20:11

I just love Dean Goodman’s Reviews - I feel cheated if he is not at a performance as he has a completely individual take

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 12, 2019 20:14

sometimes a bit too individual... "MR was so long it made me miss my train. good job stones"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2019 20:41

EJM
I just love Dean Goodman’s Reviews - I feel cheated if he is not at a performance as he has a completely individual take

thumbs up

Yes - hats off to good old Dean Goodman who always tells it like it is:

"Tonight’s show, the Rolling Stones’ first in Denver in almost 14 years, was 50 percent terrific and 50 percent torture".

Posted by: TheMariner ()
Date: August 12, 2019 21:13

Denver rocked! One of my favorite Stones shows. Hmm trying to add photos but does not seem to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-12 21:14 by TheMariner.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 21:21

fzv98d
Loading my videos now. Not as happy with the quality as what I got in Chicago. I messed up the white balance. If anyone has advice on that let me know. I get another shot from the pit in Phoenix.

Like A Rolling Stone

thanks very welcome here.
if you like you can share the uncompressed files for use in the multicam.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 13, 2019 01:14

Here's a half decent video of Midnight Rambler. thumbs up

I actually now think it is a lot better after seeing it all, than most of the videos from Denver.

Well done JSchaffer for all the videos you have put up on youtube. thumbs up

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-13 02:12 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 13, 2019 03:34

One more thank you to Dean Goodman.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 13, 2019 06:08

Hairball
EJM

thumbs up

"Tonight’s show, the Rolling Stones’ first in Denver in almost 14 years, was 50 percent terrific and 50 percent torture".

I prefer when Dean reports on most of the shows during a given tour, gives the reader a better perspective from his point of view. Could be wrong but I’ve only seen Denver from him.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 13, 2019 06:17

I have seen over 40 shows. The Denver show was among the best. Get well soon Dean, or better yet don’t waste any more money on the Stones and spare us your nonsense

Date: August 13, 2019 06:42

Maindefender
Hairball
EJM

thumbs up

I prefer when Dean reports on most of the shows during a given tour, gives the reader a better perspective from his point of view. Could be wrong but I’ve only seen Denver from him.

He wrote a great double whammy combining the Chicago #1 and #2 shows here : Dean Goodman - Chicago (scroll down a bit)

Date: August 13, 2019 07:20

Hairball
Maindefender
Hairball
EJM

thumbs up

He wrote a great double whammy combining the Chicago #1 and #2 shows here : Dean Goodman - Chicago (scroll down a bit)

Wonder what he would have thought of Foxboro? winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 13, 2019 07:58

great review by goodman, and it explains one more reason why the warhorses parade is there. and it is a fecking good reason. as the mr video above shows. that was the terrific part for sure smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 13, 2019 13:35

Fans here are trying to come up with one good reason after another to why the warhorse parade is both good and necessary. I can't name them all.
I'm the odd one out then: I think the warhorse parade is boring and unimaginative.

Date: August 13, 2019 13:41

Stoneage
Fans here are trying to come up with one good reason after another to why the warhorse parade is both good and necessary. I can't name them all.
I'm the odd one out then: I think the warhorse parade is boring and unimaginative.

Depends a bit on how they are played, don't you think?

Date: August 13, 2019 13:50

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Of course. But I can't say they sound any different now than 15 years ago. But to humour you a bit - they have received good criticism for sounding as raw as ever.

Date: August 13, 2019 15:02

I have never been a huge fan of Start Me Up live ( I like album version, though), but this is awesome. Keith seems like driving the whole venue with his guitar. And Ronnie has nice solo.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-13 15:03 by jumpingjackflash5.

Date: August 13, 2019 17:42

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Of course. But I can't say they sound any different now than 15 years ago. But to humour you a bit - they have received good criticism for sounding as raw as ever.

Some are better, some might sound worse. You won't know till you get there smiling smiley

Denver Videos
Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: August 12, 2019 19:02

Loading my videos now. Not as happy with the quality as what I got in Chicago. I messed up the white balance. If anyone has advice on that let me know. I get another shot from the pit in Phoenix.

I am very grateful that my Lucky Dips worked out at this show. My first time ever with them and I pulled Pit 2. Also got a pick from Mick and Darryl. What a great night.

My first time seeing them was in Colorado in 1981 when I was 18. They are the greatest.Like A Rolling Stone

Re: Denver Videos
Date: August 12, 2019 19:21

Fantastic!!

Re: Denver Videos
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 21:22

thanks very welcome here.
if you like you can share the uncompressed files for use in the multicam.

Denver show review
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 13, 2019 13:24

A very good review of the Stone's concert. This wasn't your typical review. I like how the reporter describes Mick & the Stones:

[www.westword.com]

Re: Denver show review
Date: August 13, 2019 13:43

Yep, at least it was personal and different.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 13, 2019 16:39

Dean Goldman's review here on IORR is better written and more accurate than this one - which was obviously written by someone who doesn't know much about the Stones.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 13, 2019 16:44

There also was a link in that interview to a Bernard Fowler interview that offers some great insights on the band and the stones songs he chose for his recent solo album.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 13, 2019 18:21

With others, I disagree with Dean on the "torture" part, having attended the show.

I did think Mick's singing sounded better in Chicago 1 and 2, better than I've heard him for a while.
But even if more "shouty" in Denver, he sounded okay to me. As I mentioned above in a post
after the show, After a few songs, Mick walked from far stage left, saying that the altitude was giving
him trouble, though most wouldn't notice, I'm guessing.

In general, I appreciate Mr. Goodman's perspective, whether I concur with the specifics or not.

~"Love is Strong"~

smileys with beerRe: Denver show 10-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 13, 2019 18:52

donvis
I have seen over 40 shows. The Denver show was among the best. Get well soon Dean, or better yet don’t waste any more money on the Stones and spare us your nonsense

smileys with beer

Date: August 13, 2019 19:08

angee
With others, I disagree with Dean on the "torture" part, having attended the show.

I did think Mick's singing sounded better in Chicago 1 and 2, better than I've heard him for a while.
But even if more "shouty" in Denver, he sounded okay to me. As I mentioned above in a post
after the show, After a few songs, Mick walked from far stage left, saying that the altitude was giving
him trouble, though most wouldn't notice, I'm guessing.

In general, I appreciate Mr. Goodman's perspective, whether I concur with the specifics or not.

thumbs up

Date: August 13, 2019 19:34

jumpingjackflash5
I have never been a huge fan of Start Me Up live ( I like album version, though), but this is awesome. Keith seems like driving the whole venue with his guitar. And Ronnie has nice solo.

[www.youtube.com]

Yeah Keith really enjoyed the opening riffs......smileys with beer

Date: August 14, 2019 03:34

My last video from Denver. Here is Satisfaction. Terrific show. Satisfaction

Date: August 14, 2019 03:58

Also posted my best pics to my blog.

Rolling Stones in Denver

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home