Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Denver show 10-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: August 11, 2019 23:33

Nikkei
Âctually, I'm totally out of the loop. I can not name a single record that came out this year. Embarrassing I know

You'd mebbe dig alla/summa these from 'nineteen:

Sunn O))) - Life Metal
Beirut - Gallipoli
Wm Tyler - Goes West
Ras G - Down to Earth v3, and Down to Earth v4

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 11, 2019 23:39

thanks imma checkem out

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 11, 2019 23:58

Thanks so much once again BV for all the work you put in for getting all the reviews and pics and other info of each gig on all The Rolling Stones Tours over so many years.

For so many of us Fans scattered all over the world and in different time zones and seasons of the year etc. it is great to look at IORR and get all of this on our laptops etc.

Thank you, Thank you. smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 12, 2019 00:34

Not the best Stones videos but here is the start of the Denver gig. thumbs up

[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-12 00:53 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 12, 2019 00:44

Thanks, did Keith open the show with only a satin/ silk shirt, no coat?

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 00:57

Shawn20
The article in the Denver Post is by far the worst review they've received on this current tour. "Mangled chords" have always been part of the Stones' live performances. I recall reading an article in 1975 that chided the band for lacking the precision of "modern day acts."

Dumb review. Not the show I saw. Denver Post shouldn’t have an amateur writing a review for a show of that magnitude. Of course the newspaper business isnt what it used to be.. the failing Denver Post? Lol

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: August 12, 2019 02:20

Good SFM!

Date: August 12, 2019 03:02

muncy23
Shawn20
The article in the Denver Post is by far the worst review they've received on this current tour. "Mangled chords" have always been part of the Stones' live performances. I recall reading an article in 1975 that chided the band for lacking the precision of "modern day acts."

Dumb review. Not the show I saw. Denver Post shouldn’t have an amateur writing a review for a show of that magnitude. Of course the newspaper business isnt what it used to be.. the failing Denver Post? Lol

They were not on at all last night Several times the guitar parts we bad

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 12, 2019 03:10

Posted by the band earlier today. Yes, altitude sickness is very real. I imagine they were struggling to deal with it during the show.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 12, 2019 03:42

Are we certain it is Ronny or Keith on guitar, vs a guitar tech?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2019 03:44

latebloomer
Posted by the band earlier today. Yes, altitude sickness is very real. I imagine they were struggling to deal with it during the show.

[www.instagram.com]

A bit worrisome as there are many types/levels/degrees of altitude sickness.

Date: August 12, 2019 03:49

jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

That's a shame - must have been the altitude sickness.
And I thought the review was quite fair. Just because there was a bit of honesty/criticism/negativity doesn't mean the writer is an amateur.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 04:17

I was there. Have seen almost 40 shows. It was a great show

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 12, 2019 04:19

Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

And I thought the review was quite fair. Just because there was a bit of honesty/criticism/negativity doesn't mean the writer is an amateur.

Wondering if the boys and girl shot their wad in NJ.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 12, 2019 04:30

daspyknows
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

God no, not in Jersey.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 12, 2019 04:40

MKjan
daspyknows
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

God no, not in Jersey.

Well, those were the NY shows and they were really solid. Will compare to Santa Clara in a week.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 12, 2019 04:52

The Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger's Orgasmic Denver Concert
[www.westword.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-12 04:52 by artedm.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 05:46

two4fun111
I was there. Have seen almost 40 shows. It was a great show

I thought so too! I have seen many tours since 1989 and thought they were fantastic. The weather was gorgeous, the crowd was great and I loved the set. I wanted Sweet Virginia and my sister wanted Dead Flowers on the B stage. Perfect. I bought a shirt in the parking lot for $10 after the show. They were $20 and $30 before the show.

I still may grab a Denver event shirt but they were out of a lot of sizes and the lines were insane. Waiting to see what the PHX shirt is like too.

I really want to go to LA now but not sure I can pull that off. Mick sounded great last night.

Enjoy the shows everyone—-this could be that last run in the States.

Date: August 12, 2019 06:27

LazarusSmith
Nikkei
Âctually, I'm totally out of the loop. I can not name a single record that came out this year. Embarrassing I know

Sunn O))) - Life Metal
Beirut - Gallipoli
Wm Tyler - Goes West

New sunn O))) was amazing. Great taste in music man! I'm seeing Boris live on the 25th.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 12, 2019 06:55

angee
babyblue, I'd love to see a pic of the shirt you bought!

Okay but u will have to wait til I get home to Canada, My phone won’t work in the US.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 12, 2019 07:25

daspyknows
MKjan
daspyknows
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

God no, not in Jersey.

Well, those were the NY shows and they were really solid. Will compare to Santa Clara in a week.

You're right Daspyknows....both shows were great....I was just poking fun at NJ, the place has a reputation.

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 15:27

Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

Folks, I know its fun to be silly, but for the people actually reading this thread to find out true information about the the show and how they played, i can assure your that the review is not accurate and the guitars were great. I talked to 8-10 people in and around Denver the next day, around town and at the airport and nothing but good things to say. One guy was all the away in the back in the last row and said the sound was really good (probably bc of the secondary PA setup). Overall, the crowd in the Pit was great and whenever they turned the house lights up when Mick came out on the catwalk, i people on their feet and hands in the air. It was a solid show and everybody was smoking on stage and off.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 12, 2019 15:57

About the review: The first review posted here that sticks out in anyway. The others seems to have been written by the same tourist agency. I think it's a neither negative nor positive review. Rather something in between. Like 3/5 or something. So, no need for alarm. Of course for the pit side fans every gig is the best ever. 5/5 always. It would be hard for any reviewer to compete with that. Remember, a review is one man's (or woman's) experience and opinion. Not everyone's.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 12, 2019 16:33

Hairball
latebloomer

[www.instagram.com]

A bit worrisome as there are many types/levels/degrees of altitude sickness.

There was NOTHING wrong with Mick.
He was making moves that I’ve never seen he make before...
Much more active and animated than either of the Chicago shows.
He joked about the altitude making him “silly”.

Keith was all the way out to the end of the side ramps.
Ronnie was all over the place.
Charlie spoke!

Nothing to see here folks unless it was Matt that got the sickness.

My daughter took these photos.
(Yes, my kids had better tickets than me) winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 12, 2019 17:07

Kurt, yes, on Mick: "He was making moves that I’ve never seen he make before."

To you and others at the show:
At the beginning of "Sympathy," did you see the spins? I think I counted four complete circle turns.
Great. Melanie may have helped him out on that one.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: August 12, 2019 18:00

muncy23
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

Folks, I know its fun to be silly, but for the people actually reading this thread to find out true information about the the show and how they played, i can assure your that the review is not accurate and the guitars were great. I talked to 8-10 people in and around Denver the next day, around town and at the airport and nothing but good things to say. One guy was all the away in the back in the last row and said the sound was really good (probably bc of the secondary PA setup). Overall, the crowd in the Pit was great and whenever they turned the house lights up when Mick came out on the catwalk, i people on their feet and hands in the air. It was a solid show and everybody was smoking on stage and off.

Not doubting you muncy23 as I respect your opinions and believe you had a great time, but at the same time I trust in jumpontopofmebaby's opinions also.
And not being at the show myself, but having just watched live links and videos, I'm in no position to make a judgement one way or the other (from my seat at home things seemed great).
I read all the incoming reviews from every perspective including the good, the bad, (and even the ugly), and accept the fact that everyone will have a different take on the show - again the review sounded fair.
Glad you had a great time and that's all that really matters...don't let a mediocre review change your opinion or taint your experience - it's just one person's personal opinion/experience.

Actually there were several opinions within the review - not just the writer himself.

“Where I’m sitting — way up off of stage right, the sound is utterly awful,” tweeted former Denver Post opinion editor Jeremy Meyer.
“The sound was muddy and garbage,” tweeted attendee Meighan Byron. “Granted I was in the nosebleeds.”

Maybe next time they'll pay a few extra bucks and get better seats?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-12 18:02 by Hairball.

Date: August 12, 2019 18:26

Hairball
muncy23
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
muncy23
Shawn20

Not doubting you muncy23 as I respect your opinions and believe you had a great time, but at the same time I trust in jumpontopofmebaby's opinions also.
And not being at the show myself, but having just watched live links and videos, I'm in no position to make a judgement one way or the other (from my seat at home things seemed great).
I read all the incoming reviews from every perspective including the good, the bad, (and even the ugly), and accept the fact that everyone will have a different take on the show - again the review sounded fair.
Glad you had a great time and that's all that really matters...don't let a mediocre review change your opinion or taint your experience - it's just one person's personal opinion/experience.

Actually there were several opinions within the review - not just the writer himself.

“Where I’m sitting — way up off of stage right, the sound is utterly awful,” tweeted former Denver Post opinion editor Jeremy Meyer.
“The sound was muddy and garbage,” tweeted attendee Meighan Byron. “Granted I was in the nosebleeds.”

Maybe next time they'll pay a few extra bucks and get better seats?

It was a great show and a great crowd. There was just several times that the guitars were off a little. The sound was great.

To me Denver was not as good as Houston. I was in the Pit Ronnies Side for Denver

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: August 12, 2019 18:28

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
LazarusSmith
Nikkei

Sunn O))) - Life Metal
Beirut - Gallipoli
Wm Tyler - Goes West

New sunn O))) was amazing. Great taste in music man! I'm seeing Boris live on the 25th.

WATA FOREVER!!!

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: August 12, 2019 18:59

Loading my videos now. Not as happy with the quality as what I got in Chicago. I messed up the white balance. If anyone has advice on that let me know. I get another shot from the pit in Phoenix.

Like A Rolling Stone

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 12, 2019 19:57

Granted it was my first pit experience (being close to the band and amazing sound doesn't hurt) but I was blown away by the show Saturday night. I've been seeing the band since 2007 and I've never heard them tighter, cleaner and more focused. Keith was super focused, his solos were spot on. I can't recall the song but at one point I assumed it was Ronnie soling but it was in fact Keith. It was the only show I've seen this tour but I've probably talked to 30 people who attended and every single person said the same thing.. Granted half of them had never seen the Stones but they all went in expecting a pretty good show considering their age and left blown away by how good they were. Charlie Watts is a machine! Guy still has the best posture and most steady beat in rock. And it seems like Ronnie is getting younger. He was all over the place and his playing was on point. I loved every second, The Rolling Stones are still the world's greatest rock and roll band.

And random aside, there were some real dark storm clouds looming when we got to the stadium but the storm never hit and the weather was absolutely beautiful. A perfect summer night for a concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-12 20:02 by Gaetzi.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home