Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Song Vote Denver
Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 8, 2019 15:35

Respectable
We love you

Date: August 8, 2019 15:53

Denver is on the short list of places that haven't gotten "Like a Rolling Stone".

"All Down the Line" not in the area since Boulder 1981.

"Live With Me" and "Respectable" were performed (back to back) in Denver on the No Security Tour.

For what it's worth.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 8, 2019 16:29

Why are so many folks "voting" for songs not on the "ballot paper" ?

[ I might try that when we have the anticipated General Election here the UK ...I'm voting for Ronnie Wood on a Manifesto of ..."Forget Brexit...lets just have a laugh " ]

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 8, 2019 16:49

I think it would be cool if each song option was a song they had never played live, so it would keep it fun for them and more interesting for the crowd, especially those who have seen them so many times, which is a decent percentage. It could be a mix of originals and covers.

Would also be nice to see Keith mix it up a bit...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 8, 2019 17:15

The problem is that any songs included in the vote need to have been adequately rehearsed with the full band and stage production team .

So unless it's a song they decided to include in pre tour discussions and rehearsals..we ain't getting it.

You can only be so spontaneous when the backing musicians, backline crew, sound and lighting teams all need to know their cues !

[Edited 3 times for uncooperative fingers! haven't touched a drop...honest ]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 18:16 by Spud.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: August 8, 2019 19:34

All Down the Line......need some good slide work to cleanse our palettes

Date: August 8, 2019 19:37

Please not Like a Rolling Stone....the thought of the makes my stomach hurt!

Come on Mick play a Rolling Stones song PLEASE

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 8, 2019 20:06

Voted for Respectable.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 8, 2019 20:43

im not a fan of all down the line.

like a rolling stone had become a regular last year and was great for any show, but i wouldnt choose it in a song vote.

its respectable or live with me

for me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 9, 2019 01:21

All Down Da Line ………………………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 9, 2019 08:50

LARS

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 9, 2019 10:10

Child of the Moon.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 9, 2019 10:10

Live with Me.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 9, 2019 12:17

kv2915
I don't like any of those choices...how does Denver get the worst one of the tour?

It can't be worse than in Philadelphia (a city with 26 shows since the mid 60's). Not to be misunderstood: some setlists were great(especially C, NJ). This leg is more interesting than 2017 for sure.

Date: August 9, 2019 14:07

kv2915
I don't like any of those choices...how does Denver get the worst one of the tour?

The Foxborough vote song choices were even worse.

All four already performed in that area since the 'Licks Tour'.

At least for Denver,one of the choices has never been done there before. And another one ....not done there in nearly 38 years.

Although,that probably means that one of the other 2 will "win" if it's anything like other shows on this tour.

Date: August 9, 2019 14:21

Monsoon Ragoon
kv2915

It can't be worse than in Philadelphia (a city with 26 shows since the mid 60's). Not to be misunderstood: some setlists were great(especially C, NJ). This leg is more interesting than 2017 for sure.

Not really more interesting than 2017.

2017 had the first "Dancing With Mr. D" performances since 1973.

2017 also had the first "Play With Fire" since 1990,although only once .... compared to three times this year.

2019 has gotten 1 "Harlem Shuffle", 3 x "Play With Fire, 3 x "Sad Sad Sad", and 1 "Have Mercy".

At that,half of those unique 2019 songs are covers. 2 covers and just 2 originals.

Other than that,the 2019 tour has been all the same stuff and they have really started repeating non-warhorses in the same cities. That's obviously now in addition to repeating the standard warhorses.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 9, 2019 14:38

Winning Ugly VXII
Monsoon Ragoon
kv2915

Not really more interesting than 2017.

2017 had the first "Dancing With Mr. D" performances since 1973.

2017 also had the first "Play With Fire" since 1990,although only once .... compared to three times this year.

2019 has gotten 1 "Harlem Shuffle", 3 x "Play With Fire, 3 x "Sad Sad Sad", and 1 "Have Mercy".

At that,half of those unique 2019 songs are covers. 2 covers and just 2 originals.

Other than that,the 2019 tour has been all the same stuff and they have really started repeating non-warhorses in the same cities. That's obviously now in addition to repeating the standard warhorses.

All 2017 shows (except Paris 2) after Zurich had exactly the same setlist except the 6th and 7th song. What I meant was: we still have (sometimes "parody"-like) setlists with much too much greatest hits (most played songs were released more than 40 years ago), but it's more acceptable than 2017. I don't know why they never played Dancing With Mr D in North America. I think this song is no number to explode stadiums; something for the hardcore fans. - On the other hand: they've never played One Hit in Europe. Shit happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-09 14:41 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 10, 2019 00:15

All Down the Line for me. They are all good again......as usual. thumbs up

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 10, 2019 02:16

TumblinDice76
To bad LARS is going to ruin this song vote. You have three songs they have been itching to play. Another loss for Respectable. hard to believe LWM and ADTL haven't been played yet with only 6 shows left.

Respectable is a bad choice because they can't play it at the the speed, power, or multi-guitar volume the song requires to be successful live. This great song sounds terrible when Keith and Ronnie just noodle through it. It's a punk song, not a sing-along-with Mitch composition.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 10, 2019 03:44

Tough pick. All Down The Line is just such a good song almost have to go with that.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 10, 2019 09:26

Respectable

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 10, 2019 09:37

Respectable

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 10, 2019 13:08

Winning Ugly VXII
kv2915

At least for Denver,one of the choices has never been done there before. And another one ....not done there in nearly 38 years.

Although,that probably means that one of the other 2 will "win" if it's anything like other shows on this tour.

We got She’s So Cold in Foxboro, always a welcome choice. drinking smiley

Date: August 10, 2019 16:00

Maindefender
Winning Ugly VXII
kv2915

We got She’s So Cold in Foxboro, always a welcome choice. drinking smiley

"She's So Cold" was not a welcome choice,if you ask me.

Considering that it was done at BOTH Fenway Park concerts on the 'A Bigger Bang Tour',I say that it should not have even been on the vote list.

It would have made MUCH more sense to put it up on the vote list for somewhere such as this show in Denver.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: August 10, 2019 18:50

It's hard to feel motivated taking part in this voting. She's So Cold, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, Respectable, Live With Me, Like A Rolling Stone, Under My Thumb or You Got Me Rocking... Does it really matter which one they pick? We've all heard them before.

If they're gonna have a song vote then pick some songs which hasn't been played for a while... I would vote every time if more interesting songs were presented. Dance Little Sister, Plundered My Soul, Flip The Switch, 100 Years Ago or Biggest Mistake... The possibilities are endless.

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: August 10, 2019 20:10

My choise:

1. Short and Curlies
2. Just want to see his face
3. Gomper
4. All sold out
5. Doncha Bother Me

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 11, 2019 00:02

High and Dry on the B-stage please.

Posted by: SJM2019 ()
Date: August 11, 2019 01:48

I’m outside the stadium and can hear sound check. Heard like a rolling stone

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: August 11, 2019 02:05

The soundcheck was Bitch and LARS. So will the opening song be JJF or SFM?

Date: August 11, 2019 04:16

F me Lars. Stupid shit

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home