Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wheelchairs in the pit
Posted by: scotmw65 ()
Date: August 6, 2019 02:51

I have 2 sets of Lucky dips for Santa Clara and Pasadena. In case I get lucky and get in the pit does anybody know what the venue does for a person who has a broken leg. Do they provide wheel chairs? Any help appreciated, thank you.

Re: Wheelchairs in the pit
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: August 6, 2019 05:36

Better than on stage

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 6, 2019 07:02

In Houston they had an elevated platform in the GA area, I don’t remember that in New Orleans but every venue has accommodations.
However,If you can’t stand up you cannot be in the pit,it would make no sense.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 6, 2019 13:55

Afaik the Pit is standing only.

There were special Wheelchair-Areas in Europe 2017/18 in the Venue (but not Pit).

Accessible Services for Santa Clara: [www.LevisStadium.com] .

Accessible Services for Pasadena: Rose Bowl Stadium .

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: August 6, 2019 14:21

In Chicago ticketmaster sold us $ 400 seats that didn't exists. We picked up the tickets at the Stadium before the show and had no idea before we got into the stadium that the seats didn't exits, and the tickets was marked wheelchairaccess.

Per Arne

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 7, 2019 04:28

It's the Steel Wheels section.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 7, 2019 04:54

Carnaby

damn you...you beat me to it.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 7, 2019 09:05

treaclefingers
Carnaby

damn you...you beat me to it.

It's not every day I meet someone as sick and twisted as I am.

Date: August 7, 2019 16:54

Thanks for newa

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 7, 2019 17:26

scotmw65
I have 2 sets of Lucky dips for Santa Clara and Pasadena. In case I get lucky and get in the pit does anybody know what the venue does for a person who has a broken leg. Do they provide wheel chairs? Any help appreciated, thank you.

I would contact the venues directly.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 8, 2019 02:30

In Philadelphia on Zip Code I was with a friend in a wheelchair and it took A LOT of debate with security for him to be allowed in the pit with me. They kept asking what would happen if there was a fire and I politely explained I would wheel him out. I also pointed out that their raised platform for wheelchair users had a lift that took one chair up or down at a time. What was going to happen to the people in a wheelchair on that platform in a fire? In summary if you need to be in a wheelchair for the show, I wouldn't bank on them letting you in the pit.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 8, 2019 04:48

I saw people in the pit in wheelchairs at at least three shows in Europe, including Cardiff and Barcelona, and one person in the pit at Chicago 1. But I got the impression they were their own wheelchairs. One definitely was privately owned because it had been personalized to look very distinctive and I saw the person in it on the train platform the next day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 05:19 by Beast.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 8, 2019 06:59

I have seen people with wheelchair in the pit a few times. They are usually with friends. I would not recommend going there in a wheelchair on your own. It is crowded, you don't see much, just bodies around you, and people will probably be mad if you start "wheeling in" towards them, knowing many have been ther for hours. Then I don't know what security would say, in one way they are right. You are not allowed to sit in the emergency exit if you are in a wheelchair. If there were many wheelchairs in the pet, and there was a panic, it might get ugly. I would recommend staying on a ramp designed for wheelchairs.

Bjornulf

Date: August 8, 2019 16:50

Thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home