Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: East Rutherford #2 show 5-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 6, 2019 22:42

video: [youtu.be]

Gimme Shelter

Mick grabbing a drumstick at 5:30 ...

Re: East Rutherford #2 show 5-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 6, 2019 23:14

dnewton99
Harlem Shuffle my vid [www.youtube.com]

Great performance here by the band! Thank you for capturing this dnewton99. The sound you recorded is also very goodthumbs up

Mick and Keith and the rest of the band do the song justice.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2019 23:26

The Guardian reviewer noticed the same thing as I: The sound mix is outstanding. Probably the best they ever had.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 6, 2019 23:48

Doxa
Wow, six numbers from LET IT BLEED plus "Honky Tonk Women" from the same year. If we leave Fonda STICKY FINGERS show and the promotion of SOME GIRLS in 1978 aside, is that some kind of record (so many numbers from one individual album)? Not even when they played those album-themed gigs, they played so many numbers from it. Or except SOME GIRLS not even any new album to be promoted has had so many numbers played at individual gig (STICKY FINGERS 1971? EXILE 1972?)?

Opening show in 1994 had 6 or 7 songs from VOODOO LOUNGE.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 7, 2019 01:23

Stoneage
The Guardian reviewer noticed the same thing as I: The sound mix is outstanding. Probably the best they ever had.

Right? For a stadium show, the sound was fantastic.

Date: August 7, 2019 02:23

I love this picture!! ;-)
By Jini Sachse @jsoxy on Instagram

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 7, 2019 04:49

Doxa
Wow, six numbers from LET IT BLEED plus "Honky Tonk Women" from the same year. If we leave Fonda STICKY FINGERS show and the promotion of SOME GIRLS in 1978 aside, is that some kind of record (so many numbers from one individual album)? Not even when they played those album-themed gigs, they played so many numbers from it. Or except SOME GIRLS not even any new album to be promoted has had so many numbers played at individual gig (STICKY FINGERS 1971? EXILE 1972?)? So, instead of promoting HOT ROCKS they have turned to promote LET IT BLEED?grinning smiley

Altogether, if we count their habit of picking up songs to perform, LET IT BLEED seems to be their 'favourite' album. Normally three war horses (plus "Honk") and now some extra numbers. If we would include the live-in-studio version of "Love In Vain" from 1995 and "Country Honk" from OLE OLE OLE, we could build up a live version of the whole LET IT BLEED album from 'modern era' shows.

- Doxa

Maybe getting us pumped for the 50th Anniversary Let It Bleed boxset release?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 7, 2019 06:24

dnewton99
Harlem Shuffle my vid [www.youtube.com]

Now that's finally really a non-warhorse! Honestly speaking, I do not really appreciate the slower tempo and Mick doesn't quite hit the high notes but they are finally getting out of their usual way and take a bit of a risk! And - of course - it works!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 7, 2019 11:21

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Wow, six numbers from LET IT BLEED plus "Honky Tonk Women" from the same year. If we leave Fonda STICKY FINGERS show and the promotion of SOME GIRLS in 1978 aside, is that some kind of record (so many numbers from one individual album)? Not even when they played those album-themed gigs, they played so many numbers from it. Or except SOME GIRLS not even any new album to be promoted has had so many numbers played at individual gig (STICKY FINGERS 1971? EXILE 1972?)? So, instead of promoting HOT ROCKS they have turned to promote LET IT BLEED?grinning smiley

Altogether, if we count their habit of picking up songs to perform, LET IT BLEED seems to be their 'favourite' album. Normally three war horses (plus "Honk") and now some extra numbers. If we would include the live-in-studio version of "Love In Vain" from 1995 and "Country Honk" from OLE OLE OLE, we could build up a live version of the whole LET IT BLEED album from 'modern era' shows.

- Doxa

LIV was played in 2013 and 2007, too. At least the latter version (Isle of Wight) is available, methinks.

I heard LIV in Munich 2003 as well.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 7, 2019 13:27

Seems to have been a good show. But watching a few videos I noticed some mistakes by Keith on JJF, YGMR and Monkey Man. The tempo was faster than usual on JJF which is great but unfortunately Keith started playing the chorus too early during the third verse: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: August 7, 2019 15:14

One of my favorite moments was watching little Devereaux point at this daddy on the big screens. So damn cute.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 7, 2019 16:30

JTHanis
One of my favorite moments was watching little Devereaux point at this daddy on the big screens. So damn cute.

I missed this.. (any pics or video?) saw him at NJ 1 where my seat overlooked the pit.
Also watched Lucas come and go taking lots of pics.. Great that the tours these days include lots of the kids grandkids etc. Nice for them all!

Keith is fine on Brown Sugar :-)
Date: August 8, 2019 12:01

[www.youtube.com]

Sax player plays a bit too many "notes" in solo, maybe he can drop some :-). But it works well.

Re: Keith is fine on Brown Sugar :-)
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 8, 2019 14:38

loving that pink guitar RW is using

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 8, 2019 14:49

I suspect Ronnie may have had a bit of friendly stick from Keith re that Pink Duesenburg !grinning smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 8, 2019 15:06

jumpingjackflash5
[www.youtube.com]

Sax player plays a bit too many "notes" in solo, maybe he can drop some :-). But it works well.

I like Sasha's "whoooooo" too!!

Date: August 8, 2019 16:11

Great version! Good to see Keith leading the band in the ending there.

If people wonder why they still play BS, just take a look at Keith, and how much he enjoys playing it smiling smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 8, 2019 16:15

Same goes for JJF

Date: August 8, 2019 16:42

Yes, this Brown Sugar was led by Keith. Really nice to see.

DandelionPowderman

If people wonder why they still play BS, just take a look at Keith, and how much he enjoys playing it smiling smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 9, 2019 09:42

DandelionPowderman

Agreed, so nice to see Keith really getting into it these past few shows.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 9, 2019 15:40

KRiffhard
jumpingjackflash5
[www.youtube.com]

I like Sasha's "whoooooo" too!!

Sasha's cool, but I definitely miss Lisa.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 9, 2019 17:51

jumpingjackflash5
[www.youtube.com]

Wow, Keith has found his groove. He's so much more alive compared to Foxboro, so nice......drinking smiley

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: August 10, 2019 15:38

A little late, but a few pics from NJ Show #2. So great to see so many old friends at such a great show.

This band just keeps amazing me.
We are are all so lucky.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 10, 2019 16:15

Indeed, a brand new Duesenberg.

[twitter.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home