Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
East Rutherford #2 show 5-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 5, 2019 16:58

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones No Filter show at Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ (near NYC) USA on Monday August 5, 2019.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Please send your comments, reviews, links and more to: iorr@arena.no

Editorial reports from the show will be published here:

The Rolling Stones - Metlife Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ (near NYC) USA - Monday August 5, 2019

Song vote:

East Rutherford NJ 1 Song Vote

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the thread:

East Rutherford NJ USA (near NYC) 2019 travel and show info

The Rolling Stones are expected on stage around 9:20pm EDT (Eastern Time). For time zone info please see:

[www.timeanddate.com]

IORR 2019 tour links:

No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 19:21 by bv.

Re: East Rutherford #2 show 5-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2019 17:00

Event-Infos: [www.MetLifeStadium.com]

[Twitter.com]

Pop-up-Store with Stones-Merchandise until 13-Aug-2019 · New York City · Corner of 5th Ave./58th St. (3rd Floor) -- [iorr.org] :

[www.Instagram.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 19:55 by Irix.

Re: East Rutherford #2 show 5-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: August 5, 2019 17:20

Official T-Shirt & Poster:

"The current iteration of the NYC Subway Map dates from a design first made public in 1979. The map has evolved gradually under control of the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority)."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com]

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 19:45 by Irix.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 17:28

That being based on the incomprehensible New York Subway map, with a bit of artistic license to fit the Stones tongue.

I was in New York for the original dates in June. Enjoyed the city a lot but my least favourite aspect of it by far was the Subway. An absolute crumbling shambles which is a great pity because with some decent investment, I reckon it could be very good indeed.

Anyway hope it doesn't stop anyone who's going from having a great time.

Date: August 5, 2019 17:31

This is some maps and directions for Metlife Stadium. After the first show here on Thursday we spent 1.5 hours getting to our place one mile away, in what should have taken a nice little 20 minutes walk according to google maps.

Metlife stadium is not built for easy walking. The signs and directions are all made for walking to a certain parking lot, and if you don't plan carefully, you will end up in a tunnel or a queue or walking the wrong direction, and you will spend half an hour extra messing around the stadium in queues of people.

So yesterday Sunday I "rehearsed" my walk back after the show. All parking lots were closed, so it was impossible to do a real walk, but I did see how to cross roads, and how the tunnel, walking bridges and traffic is organized.

If you have additional information or corrections feel free to comment.

More maps here:

Metlife Stadium - Official maps and diagrams

Picture #1 below:
I took this picture from my plane when I arrived into Newark airport in the afternoon the day before the show. Manhattan is in the background. The stage is located near parking lots G and H.

Picture #2 below:
If you take the train or are heading for parking lots B, C or D then exit through the SAP gate. The gates are clearly marked here - SAP towards the tunnel across the 120, BUD LIGHT and PEPSI on stage sides Keith (Pit-2) and Ronnie (Pit-1) sides, VERIZON takes you to parking lots E and F. If you walk out of the wrong gate vs your destination then be prepared to queue oustide for quite a while...

Picture #3 below:
This is google maps. If you intend to cross the 120 then the tunnel above parking lot C is your only safe option, as there are no sidewalks in the "Road D" which is crossing the 120. Many people were jam packed in this tunnel, don't go there unless you already came that way before the show. Half of the people who went there came back. To get to parking lot B you need to leave some stairs inside the tunnel before you cross the 120 inside the tunnel, then walk through a separate walk bridge.

If you ask for directions then ask at least five different official people, because half of them will give you misleading information in some areas. Then follow the ones that are adding up to the most sensible direction.

I have been to many stadiums, also this one, Giants stadium in the past, same location, but I have never experienced such a mess really.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 18:00 by bv.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 18:07

Thank you so much bv! We are arriving for the second show and I was already worried about getting out of there after looking at the information on the metlife stadium website.
We thought of arriving by taxi or train but we will instead insist on parking now since we rented a car and even if 40$ is expensive, it might be the eastiest option.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: August 5, 2019 18:40

Looking for 1 extra Lucky Dip for tonight or possible other cheap ticket
Thanks Tom
ttutone12 at gmail.com

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 19:01

I like the poster, especially since I am taking the train out to Giants Stadium tonight.

Go Stones!

PLAY "HEARTBREAKER!!!!"

ps...thanks BV. I haven't been to Giant's Stadium since it was called "Giant's Stadium"...so, this is very helpful, as always. You really do give a ___ about Stones fans and them having the best experience possible...it's impressive, actually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 19:12 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2019 19:01

Exciting - have a great time everyone! smiling smiley

Down to the final seven shows...hoping it's a great one!

Very nice poster (albeit a bit chaotic), and reflects the general madness of the area and subway nicely.

Posted by: ExileFromNJ ()
Date: August 5, 2019 19:21

Betting on a late start like last week. Good idea for the fans that will be stuck in some kind of traffic or commute. Looking forward to catching the show with the online gang and counting down to AZ!

Date: August 5, 2019 19:28

I posted this in the NYC/NJ travel thread before show #1:

Meeting place near Metlife Stadium:

Redd's Restaurant & Biergarten
Redds Restaurant
317 Washington Ave, Carlstadt, NJ 07072 (operning hours 11am – 2am)
Recommended meeting time 3pm - 5pm on show day, also after the show.
They have "Redd's" shuttles taking 3 minutes to the venue.

After show #1 we found out that hundreds queued for this service, it took an hour. If you exit at the back of the stadium, SAP exit, and go the right way, you can either use the Redds shuttle, taking 5-10 minutes to drive (plus 10-30 minutes queuing), or walk the 20+ minutes through the tunnel etc to Redds. They serve food and drinks until 2am, and it should be easy to get taxi or uber from that location rather than Metlife.

Also, this is a great location before the show. If you park there, they give all people in the car free shuttle writsbands. If you don't park, just show up, a wristband cost $10 per person, still a great deal to get in and out of the stadium easy, with food and drinks before and after. Before 4pm show day there are space, after 5pm it is getting crowded. The shuttle takes just 3 minutes from it start till you are at the stadium before the show.

PS. "Redds" is marked in the upper right corner of the google maps picture - my 3rd picture, in my post here earlier today.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 19:38 by bv.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 5, 2019 19:32

smileys with beer have a great show!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: August 5, 2019 20:11

On our way. Shit seats but whatever. 25th wedding anniversary show, so considerate of the boys!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 5, 2019 21:54

What a huge stadium. It looks like you can see the top of the stage from the rafters.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 5, 2019 21:56

In line, waiting for the lot to open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 21:56 by MingSubu.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 5, 2019 22:07

Date: August 5, 2019 22:08

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 22:08

I live 15 mins from the stadium. leaving at 5pm. EXCITED

Date: August 5, 2019 22:13

custom55
I live 15 mins from the stadium. leaving at 5pm. EXCITED

Have a blast!

Even we over here in the net will! smileys with beer

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 5, 2019 22:37

The 3 outside merch only have sm and 2xl in the jets and giants shirts.

Date: August 5, 2019 23:19

The "silver fern" from NZ is in front I see!

Bjornulf

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 5, 2019 23:36

Yes ! I was just about to say that it must be RF from NZ being my guess. smiling smiley

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 23:51

They just rehearsed harlem shuffle and monkey man!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 23:54 by falo01.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: August 6, 2019 00:02

Just saw Lucas Jagger's Instagram story, The Stones were sound checking Monkey Man. Hope everyone who is going tonight has a great time! also hoping for some good videos tomorrow.

"It's Only Rock n' Roll (But I Like It)

Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: August 6, 2019 00:09

Enjoy the show smileys with beer

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.rs]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 6, 2019 00:24

After last week's show...
Oh man, I wish I was going again.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 6, 2019 00:27

Also just rehearsed: let it bleed

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 6, 2019 00:41

crawdaddy
Yes ! I was just about to say that it must be RF from NZ being my guess. smiling smiley

Yep. And his frequent gig buddy seated at the side and mostly hidden from view with her usual LD Pit thumbs up.

Date: August 6, 2019 01:26

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 6, 2019 01:35

Do the Stones carry all those chairs on the field around with them? "This is our show yeah, 54 trucks! And ten trucks of chairs"

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home