Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Attn Keith, Ron, Mick, Charlie, Chuck, Daryl, Karl, Tim - Special request for Denver!! For terminally ill fanatic
Posted by: Cubanstones ()
Date: August 5, 2019 09:00

Dear Keith, Ron, Mick, Charlie, Chuck, Daryl, Karl, Tim - Special request for Denver!! For terminally ill fanatic,

As the unquestioned greatest band ever, I want to thank you. I know of no other band who listens to their fans more. I have seen you all over the world, over 100 times. And what I appreciate most as I look back is how each tour you always play a song that have never been performed. I have been enough to see these "breakouts", and the electricity and excitement for you die hard fans is unreal. If you only knew what it means to us. Whether its Sister Morphine, Sway, Emotional Rescue, Silver Train, or Dancing with Mr. D these events really are such special memories. Thank you.

I have a very special request. I have very close friends at Slotix, and they gave me access to 57 pit tickets, That has to be some kind of record". I love the it setup as its the first time I have ever attended a show, left 5he front row to get a beer, and waled right back to the front row. There is no better concert experience in the world. I never make requests. This is important.

The Denver show began as a celebration of my 50th birthday. But it has morphed into a celebration of life for my good friend Lonnie, He is sick and let's just say this is undoubtedly his last Stones show and probably his last concert ever. When I learned of the situation, I gave him a ticket and asked what I could do. He said his dream was to hear the Stones perform Slave in Denver. WOW!

Now look, given the songs you have performed, it seems likely that Slave just kinda slipped through the cracks. Its a very unique song unlike any you have written. It has a special grooves. I don't thin ts a difficult song. I just think its been lost and somewhat forgotten. So look....I want it to in the songs vote. And I want it to win.

If you look at Tell me, I posted a question about whether it had ever been performed live. Just have a look and you can what passionate emotion and response this song generates. I am so surprised. The only other song I really want to hear is Let it Loose. I have been yelling that at Mick for over 30 years. He knows me because I am always close and always present. But to be honest Slave is my number one hope. And interestingly, others share this hope.

In 1988, the Grateful Dead performed Ripple for the first time since 1981. Nobody knew why until later. It was a request from someone dying. It was sensational and they never did it again. I think it would be amazing for you to do Slave.....for your fans and for Lonnie. What better way to ask? I know Mercy Mercy is this tours.

Karl, you are one badass player. Theres only 1 Bobby Keys....but if anyone can do this right, its you. I know you will have to rehearse it. So please do it....in Denver. I really want to see it on the song vote. it will mean the world to me and Lonnie and many many others. If you prefer for it to be a surprise so be it. It's time for Slave.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! With tremendous appreciation, Alex (the Cuban)

Re: Attn Keith, Ron, Mick, Charlie, Chuck, Daryl, Karl, Tim - Special request for Denver!! For terminally ill fanatic
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 5, 2019 09:55

I can get behind this...

Slave is a monster track, I've always loved it and when I played it to my then girlfriend in the 90's she thought it was one heck of a groove

Re: Attn Keith, Ron, Mick, Charlie, Chuck, Daryl, Karl, Tim - Special request for Denver!! For terminally ill fanatic
Date: August 5, 2019 10:08

Yes, it would be great to do Slave (at least) once.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 5, 2019 10:34

thumbs up

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 5, 2019 11:18

thumbs up

I'm all for it.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: August 5, 2019 12:41

thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 5, 2019 14:15

Wait...
You bought 57 VIP Pit tickets thru SLOtix?!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 5, 2019 14:24

thumbs up

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 5, 2019 14:30

Yes Slave is a nice song,Mick do it.

Date: August 5, 2019 16:35

This Is really nice thread. If stones' management visits these pages they should suggest it to the band. It would be nice for the ill fan to hear Slave andfor us others it would be one-time little miracle from Tattoo you. It need not be perfect version, just a decent one .....

Posted by: thegroove ()
Date: August 5, 2019 16:44

Im all for it too......cool smiley

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: August 5, 2019 17:02

Alex this is legendary, I hope you can pull this off.
Looking forward to seeing you in Denver

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 5, 2019 17:08

Very thoughtful of you to go to bat for your friend. I really hope you’re successful. God bless.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 18:22

Very cool sentiment...I truly hope you can pull this off! Good luck, my friend.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 5, 2019 18:36

Do it Do it Do it Do it . .

and Micky can do some percussion.

Just remembered when I first heard Tattoo You at my back then girlfriends place.
Slave really loud and 3 times in a row.That was a gas . . !

And why not Let it loose as well while you're at it.

Date: August 5, 2019 19:00

With you. How can we get word to the big boys?

thumbs upRe: Attn Keith, Ron, Mick, Charlie, Chuck, Daryl, Karl, Tim - Special request for Denver!! For terminally ill fanatic
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 19:05

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: thegroove ()
Date: August 7, 2019 16:50

Cmon Keith.....Its one of your best riffs

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: August 7, 2019 16:55

+ Chiara, Anna and Luca Accialini
Milan Italy

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: August 8, 2019 06:31

I hope this happens. It would be discussed 50 years from now. It would be a great thing for the band I. The long run, but more importantly, an amazing thing for your friend right now.

Date: August 8, 2019 09:27

Wouldnt it be nice if it really happens?
:-):-)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 8, 2019 09:42

nonfilter
I hope this happens. It would be discussed 50 years from now.

By who? 50 years from now 99.99999% of IORR regulars will be dead! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 8, 2019 12:04

dcba
nonfilter
I hope this happens. It would be discussed 50 years from now.

By who? 50 years from now 99.99999% of IORR regulars will be dead! >grinning smiley<

Yeah, but Keith will still be kickin' smileys with beer

Date: August 9, 2019 04:36

I am going to believe the band will see this and react the right way!

Date: August 9, 2019 18:53

Check out this link!

[]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 9, 2019 19:21

Sorry but that guy in the photograph is not Keith.

Nate

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: August 9, 2019 19:25

That is definitely not Keith, I think it's a woman.
I saw them outside the ticket office at one of the NY shows

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 9, 2019 21:16

You need to take this to Twitter. I have no way of proving it, but I like to believe that I coaxed them into playing You Gotta Move in Atlanta.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 9, 2019 21:23

Nikkei
I have no way of proving it, but I like to believe that I coaxed them into playing You Gotta Move in Atlanta.

You have an idea : get them to play rare songs! "Hey guys I have an ingrown nail, plz play "Stop Breaking Down" at the next show!!!"

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 9, 2019 21:31

Not like that... I told them "nice Song choices, but sometimes you got to move" ahead of the Dallas show and had enough people retweeting it so it registered with their social media team. Obviously it helped that it was supposedly a Sticky Fingers tour. Maybe they would have done it anyway

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home