Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie Wood/Ben Waters shows
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 2, 2019 19:24

Nothing officially announced, but the soon-to-be-retired Ben Waters tipped this in his latest email newsletter:

"From the 17th November, there will be no more Ben Waters or Ben Waters Band gigs. I just can't keep touring 250 dates a year and the hundreds of thousands of miles each year, I am being put out to pasture :-) Although I am going to do a few gigs with Ronnie Wood, this will just be for fun and hardly any pressure on me and it keeps my hand in."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-09 14:07 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Ronnie Wood/Ben Waters shows?
Date: August 2, 2019 23:35

Any chance that Mick Taylor joins the party?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 3, 2019 00:04

I hope Ben is in good health and he just feels like taking it easy for a while.
It would be great if Ben and Ronnie can get it together...…..in between The Stones gigs, for a few music appearances that they both love. thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 3, 2019 00:33

we met Ben a few times when he
was last down here …. told us a couple of funny Stones stories

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 3, 2019 16:16

One to share?

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 4, 2019 10:40

I suppose that Ben's news about upcoming shows with Ronnie is related rather to promotion upcoming Ronnie's album. Ben did't mention yet any guests on his final shows. I can imagine that he'll be part of Ronnie's band, I hope we get some solo shows.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 4, 2019 15:10

TheflyingDutchman

MT is an 70 years old man, maybe still alcohol addicted as far as I know. He made his money (remember 2012-14?). And now he seems to be retired (check nzentgraf.de). That's it.

Date: August 5, 2019 00:22

Monsoon Ragoon
TheflyingDutchman

MT is an 70 years old man, maybe still alcohol addicted as far as I know. He made his money (remember 2012-14?). And now he seems to be retired (check nzentgraf.de). That's it.

Taylor is the youngest ex-stone, so he could show up just for fun, also after retirement. That's even beyond nzentgraf's knowledge I assume. Thanks anyway. thumbs up

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 5, 2019 00:57

You explain to me why every time we talk about Ronnie we must also talk about Taylor. I love both of them, but this habit is becoming pathetic!

Date: August 5, 2019 00:59

Testify
You explain to me why every time we talk about Ronnie we must also talk about Taylor. I love both of them, but this habit is becoming pathetic!

They have played a quite a few times together over the last years. What's pathetic about that ?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 5, 2019 01:05

I wish Mick Taylor was playing with any of his old bandmates these days.
He has such a great talent that should be shared with fans of his great guitar playing, as well as the musicians that play in the band.
It is obviously up to him, but I know there would be so many music fans that would love to see him play live again.
Ronnie Wood,Ben Waters...... and his very talented son on Sax ,and a decent drummer and bass player would make a great live gig with Mick Taylor, anywhere,anytime. smileys with beer

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 01:56

There is nothing pathetic about the mention of Mick Taylor on a Rolling Stones' chat board. He was an essential Stone during their most productive period. You can love Woody and Taylor - it's not a mutually exclusive thing.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 5, 2019 14:40

...... it's really very pathetic, I know very well that Taylor is a former Stones and I know very well that Ronnie did some things with him, but nothing was announced that includes Taylor, that's why it's pathetic.

Date: August 16, 2019 20:19

Ben Waters' 8/14 email newsletter mentions "a couple of gigs with my friend Ronnie Wood".

Ronnie Wood - London, November 21
Date: September 9, 2019 13:57

02 Shepherd's Bush Empire

[www.axs.com]

Re: Ronnie Wood - London, November 21
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: September 9, 2019 13:59

Going to be great. Seeing Ben this weekend coming too.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2019 15:53

Testify
...... it's really very pathetic, I know very well that Taylor is a former Stones and I know very well that Ronnie did some things with him, but nothing was announced that includes Taylor, that's why it's pathetic.

I'm not going to mention any names, but I'd testify that right about now someone's attitude is a little pathetic.

Re: Ronnie Wood/Ben Waters shows
Date: October 4, 2019 11:45

I am nearly sure that Charlie or Ronnie or Bill would appear on 16-17.11 shows. Anyway no confirmation from Ben. I consider to be on 16th but I have also ticket for Ronnie. So I need strong argument for my wife to let me fly to London twice a week. What do you think?

Date: October 4, 2019 12:04

bisonvodka
I am nearly sure that Charlie or Ronnie or Bill would appear on 16-17.11 shows. Anyway no confirmation from Ben. I consider to be on 16th but I have also ticket for Ronnie. So I need strong argument for my wife to let me fly to London twice a week. What do you think?
I think if you can afford it you should.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: October 4, 2019 12:39

chriseganstar
bisonvodka
I think if you can afford it you should.

Thanks chris, I do my best to be. Flights are still cheap. You know, it's 2019 and I don't think that I'll be have opportunity to see them twice during such short period in coming years. My previous Ben's show were always great stones adventures

Date: October 9, 2019 13:55

On 16.11 Axel Zwingerberger play in Munich so hi is not on guest list. Maybe other members of ABC&D will apper.

Date: October 9, 2019 13:59

On 16.11 Axel Zwingerberger play in Munich so he is not on guest list. Anyway maybe other members of ABC&D will appear.

Date: October 17, 2019 18:33

From Ben Waters 10/17 newsletter:

"I am very lucky to be playing a bit with the incredible Ronnie Wood, I am having so much fun playing in his band and will keep playing with him for as long as he wants me to. We will be doing 3 or 4 gigs this year and we are about to record for the BBC show Later with Jools Holland which I think will be shown on the 14th November."

Date: October 18, 2019 00:40

bisonvodka
On 16.11 Axel Zwingerberger play in Munich so he is not on guest list. Anyway maybe other members of ABC&D will appear.
You won't be disappointed by the guest list

Satisfied since 1976

Date: October 18, 2019 09:32

chriseganstar
bisonvodka
You won't be disappointed by the guest list

Thanks Chris, I am sure it will be great nights. Anyway I decided to take my 10 years old daughter to Birmingham show. So 21 I fly to London and back to Poland 22 and next day I fly to Birmingham and back on 26.
I am not happy to miss Ben shows but my wife could not understand why I go to UK 3 times during 10 dayssmiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 09:44

Be Waters is absolutely amazing. I have seen him 5 times with ABC&D and I would love to see him again, with or without guests.

I absolutely don't understand his announcement of the retirement. I get it, that 250 gigs a year is too much. But I think one doesn't have to retire in order not to play 250 gigs a year. Wouldn't it be possible to play less? Besides, Ben is 45, isn't he? It sounds really strange to me. I hope his health is okay and that he will change his mind. He is an absloutely sensational musician.

Date: October 18, 2019 10:10

Happy24
Be Waters is absolutely amazing. I have seen him 5 times with ABC&D and I would love to see him again, with or without guests.

I absolutely don't understand his announcement of the retirement. I get it, that 250 gigs a year is too much. But I think one doesn't have to retire in order not to play 250 gigs a year. Wouldn't it be possible to play less? Besides, Ben is 45, isn't he? It sounds really strange to me. I hope his health is okay and that he will change his mind. He is an absloutely sensational musician.
You right Petr, I remember your great pics from Ben's show in Hybernia (I saw them first time then).I still regret that I did't steal poster which mention not ABC&D but"bubenik of rolling stones" smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 19, 2019 00:02

bisonvodka
Happy24

You right Petr, I remember your great pics from Ben's show in Hybernia (I saw them first time then).I still regret that I did't steal poster which mention not ABC&D but"bubenik of rolling stones" smiling smiley

Yeah, I remeber sitting next to you and what a surprize it was that Charlie signed our suff :-) That was my first time seeing the ABC&D and I have very fond memories of that night, just like you, I am sure. Of course I went only to see Charlie, but I became a fan of all four of them. When 2 years later Ben and Dave signed my Boogie for Stu CD, I was just as happy as when Charlie signed my CD / LPs.

Date: October 19, 2019 13:51

4th show being added for the 27th, Manchester. More details shortly.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 19, 2019 16:01

chriseganstar
4th show being added for the 27th, Manchester. More details shortly.

are you referring to another Ben Waters or another Ronnie Wood show? (source?)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home