Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: East Rutherford #1 show 1-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Liepger ()
Date: August 2, 2019 09:01

How was the experience to use public transport after the show to return to NYC (Penn St)? What about the Coach 351, did it wait longer than the advertised 30 minutes after the show? I am still considering transport options for NJ-2, hence the inquiry.

Re: East Rutherford #1 show 1-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: August 2, 2019 09:02

Just back from show. Did anyone notice Keith was out front on catwalk at beginning of SFM and Mick clearly said "get the @#$%& out of my way!" (half smiling). Not a fan of LSTNT and my vote was for Respectable, so was not as rocking as Philly show I also attended. Though I must say Sweet Virginia was good fun and Mick was on fire for the post-Keith set (before that, I thought things felt rushed). Loving hug between Keith and Mick after the Come on in my Kitchen part of Rambler warmed the heart (they also briefly shared a mic during Dead Flowers). Not sure why Paint it Black seemed to be disappointing folks at beginning of tour but it was one of the high points tonight and crowd loved it.
Great sound and view of all video towers where I was in section 225 across from stage. Gimme Shelter was another highlight but not quite as dramatic as in Philly in the rain. Overall good show - keep on rollin'!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: August 2, 2019 09:05

Personally, I would be really happy of I was listening to "Dead Flowers" and "Sweet Virginia" on the same night. I love both, especially "Flowers". And I never attended them live...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 2, 2019 09:10

Tried to avoid setlists for this tour and did so mostly. Sweet Virginia got spoiled for me here and while reading an article online it was followed by a setlist so I knew Street Fighting Man opened which was annoying, but both were great to hear.

Personally for me, this was my favorite set of the tour so far, or at least the one I'd prefer to have gotten. I've never caught Street Fighting Man or Let's Spend The Night Together, so I'm happy to have those two in as one and two. Had no problem with Its Only Rock N Roll sitting out, and actually didn't even notice that till right now. Have enjoyed some other song votes, but totally fine getting She's A Rainbow. Yes, it really doesn't sound as good live as studio and kinda never can, but I still adore the song (it was one of my first favorites when I got into the Stones) and I'd never heard it live so its A ok in my book. Sweet Virginia and Dead Flowers are first for me so so totally good with those, even though it looks like all the B Stage stuff has been cool. Thats about where it ends with surprises and preferences. A runner up for me or tied would be the Landover show this tour with Rocks Off, Let It Bleed and Angie, all of which I haven't seen either.

Overall the show was a lot of fun. My lucky dip was all the way up in the 300s sides, which is what I expected, and the reason that sucked was because the sound kept bouncing off and made basically the first half of the show inaudible. I was hoping they'd fix it and they never did and the crowd was really annoyed. It totally killed the first like 7 songs, most of which I'd never heard before so that really sucked. But the show was basically free at Lucky Dip prices so it was hard to truly complain or feel cheated. Especially when after Keith's set we went to guest services and they moved us down to section 131, row 10, which was basically like a new show. I sat in my seat at Midnight Rambler started and I was in heaven. So while I wish I saw the whole show from there, I'm happy that revitalized me for the second set of hits, and I do have to applaud the venue cause thats really out of guest services hands and they did a super nice upgrade so props to them for at least making it right late but before the end.

Had a lovely time. It was a really good crowd. As with every tour, I can't believe they still have it. I don't know how Mick gets BETTER with each new tour. Its just insane. Can't imagine I'll ever see them again and this was a fitting farewell at a cheap price.

Oh, and I was terrified of using public transportation but getting there from Penn was literally a breeze and honestly getting home was super easy. I was at the Path in less than an hour from leaving my seat which is amazing. Thank god it wasn't a nightmare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 09:11 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 2, 2019 09:26

I was slow leaving the pit for the Coach bus. Line was long and got much longer. We had to wait for more buses to arrive. I’d say I got into Manhattan a bit less than 90 minutes after the show ended.

They’re sending buses in dependent on the tickets sold, so the 30 minutes rule isn’t a rule.

On the fence about train or bus for Monday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 09:31 by cyclist.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 2, 2019 09:33

cyclist

The train was so so good today. I left my office at 5:30, made the 6:03 train from Penn (left probably at like 6:08) and made it the stadium by 6:45. I even got a seat on the Secacus to Metlife train. Then going home, I was on the midnight train and got to Penn at 12:45. Seriously, it could not have been more of a breeze. And I was shocked because I'd heard SO many bad things about public transportation from Metlife. But they did it super well tonight. My friend who hitched a ride home with people who drove finally got out of the parking lot at 1am. I was 10 minutes away from my bed at that point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 09:48 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 2, 2019 09:35

cyclist
I was slow leaving the pit for the Coach bus. Line was long and got much longer. We had to wait for more buses to arrive. I’d say I got into Manhattan a bit less than 90 minutes after the show ended.

They’re sending buses in dependent on the tickets sold, so the 30 minutes rule isn’t a rule.

Er, I'd say you have a third option, cyclist . . . winking smiley

J/k, sounds like a great show tonight, the only song I was really hoping for in Houston and didn't get was SFM, so it must have been great to get it as an opener!

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: August 2, 2019 10:00

Videos going up - just have a few.. I was in Section 2 right behind the PIT and even had seat 1 but so many people dancing and bouncing and arm waving that vids are not great. They kept a very large aisle between seats and catwalk..

She's A Rainbow is up here [youtu.be]

All the rest will be here [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 2, 2019 10:35

Official Setlist East Rutherford (NJ), Show #1, MetLife-Stadium, 1-Aug-2019:

"Thanks for a great show New Jersey! See you again on Monday"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large version

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 2, 2019 10:51

timbernardis
Cristiano Radtke
Stoneage
walterD
Set list:
[imgur.com]

Before the show? Since when did they start with that?

It happened many times before. Some people were
able to get the setlist and posted it on their
Twitter or Facebook accounts. If I'm not wrong
the first time I saw the setlist being posted
before the start of a concert was in Waldbühne 2014.
At least WalterD posted it in a way that only
was visible for those who wanted to see it.

Thanks for the infos and pics, everybody! smileys with beer

Not at all. It was posted ahead of time regularly throughout the A Bigger Bang tour.

plexi

What's the big deal publishing a setlist in advance that holds no real surprises?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 2, 2019 10:58

Well, people spend a lot of dough, hoping this time there will be a real surprise. And then they find out there isn't. Some may be frustrated.

I don't see the spoiler factor either in posting a set list. You know what to expect from a Stones show these days. Disappointment is not so much a set list that doesn't contain any big surprises but rather a bad performance. And from what little I have seen so far, the performances 2019 are better than, say, No Filter Europe 2017.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 2, 2019 11:10

At Chicago #2, Jane Rose herself "spoiled" the setlist for me, I saw it sticking out of her pocket as she got to her spot along the catwalk and couldn't help taking a look winking smiley

Date: August 2, 2019 11:34

Hello cyclist,
Thank you for the input! Great, that the bus option giving a chance to leave the stadium at easy pace.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 2, 2019 11:43

dj
Long time member here but infrequent poster. I’m 59 years old and I’ve lost count of how much live seen in my life. Maybe the best concert I’ve ever seen. Sound was incredible in my section. Goosebumps.

Top Stuff, it looked good from the video's posted

Date: August 2, 2019 11:46

RollingFreak
cyclist

The train was so so good today. I left my office at 5:30, made the 6:03 train from Penn (left probably at like 6:08) and made it the stadium by 6:45. I even got a seat on the Secacus to Metlife train. Then going home, I was on the midnight train and got to Penn at 12:45. Seriously, it could not have been more of a breeze. And I was shocked because I'd heard SO many bad things about public transportation from Metlife. But they did it super well tonight. My friend who hitched a ride home with people who drove finally got out of the parking lot at 1am. I was 10 minutes away from my bed at that point.

That's awesome dude, sometimes the Authorities actually have a moment of sanity, probably helped that most officials were home in bed

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2019 12:00

Irix

YAWN! don't they think New York deserves something better (concerning the setlist)?

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 2, 2019 12:08

slewan
Irix

YAWN! don't they think New York deserves something better (concerning the setlist)?

Yawn???
Have you been there?
Or yawn at home?

Date: August 2, 2019 12:09

RollingFreak
cyclist

Appreciate your input, RollingFreak,
Boarding the plane at Helsinki to NY, right now.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: August 2, 2019 12:10

slewan
Irix

Why would New York deserve a "better" setlist than any other city?

Date: August 2, 2019 12:31

MacLaurens
slewan
Irix

Ain't it Jersey, NY you don't own the otherside of the river.

Actually wonder why they don't play the Island, nowhere big enough to play that's why...

Date: August 2, 2019 13:29

doitywoik
Well, people spend a lot of dough, hoping this time there will be a real surprise. And then they find out there isn't. Some may be frustrated.

I don't see the spoiler factor either in posting a set list. You know what to expect from a Stones show these days. Disappointment is not so much a set list that doesn't contain any big surprises but rather a bad performance. And from what little I have seen so far, the performances 2019 are better than, say, No Filter Europe 2017.

You knew they were playing She's A Rainbow, Sweet Virginia and Dead Flowers even before the setlist was posted? smoking smiley

Or is a "real surprise" that they pull stuff out of the hat like Mercy Mercy every night?

Date: August 2, 2019 13:31

MacLaurens
slewan
Irix

When are they playing New York, btw? winking smiley

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: August 2, 2019 14:02

I think we can agree on New York metropolitan area, at least smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 2, 2019 14:25

Great show last night. See you again on Monday.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 2, 2019 14:57

Looks like a setlist for people attending the gig ,who are casual fans and those songs would really go down well I'm sure.
Hopefully the second show may have a little something more for fans who are seeing multiple gigs on the Tour.
As long as the band put on a great performance for the whole gig, I would be really happy. smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 2, 2019 15:16

Really enjoyed last night’s show!!
Pulled great LD seats and went with someone who had never seen them before who also had a blast.
Looking forward to Monday’s show and hopeful they do similar as they did for Chicago’s second show where they had seven song changes.. cool smiley

Coach bus was fantastic getting there, but super long wait to get back.
Going with the train for sure on Monday...

The Rolling Stones - East Rutherford NJ #1 1-August-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 2, 2019 15:18

The Rolling Stones at MetLife Stadium

By Jeremy Schneider | August 02, 2019

Aristide Economopoulos

In a perfect world, The Rolling Stones would rock forever. But even Mick Jagger is human.

The legendary band's two No Filter Tour stops at MetLife Stadium was postponed earlier this year so the heart of the Stones could undergo heart valve surgery.

The first of the two shows, which were originally scheduled for June, took place on Thursday night. But with the amount of energy Jagger brought from the moment he swaggered onto the stage in East Rutherford, one could have easily forgotten that his 76th birthday was just last week, let alone that he had undergone heart surgery mere months ago.

No one (other than Jagger’s doctor) is going to tell the last vestige of the British Invasion to stop touring, no matter its age.

The boys from London aren’t some group chasing the glory days or chasing yet another paycheck — even though those checks must be pretty sweet. They still put on a damn good show, and they absolutely brought down the house across a mesmerizing 19-song, two hour-plus performance Thursday.

It all starts with Jagger, of course. His patented struts and preens were out and about as he pursed his lips, pointed to the crowd, clapped his hands and gyrated his hips. You know, the usual.

The consummate frontman still, after all this time, never stops moving and the literal great-grandfather had multiple outfit changes to boot, including a leather fedora and an array of sparkly, bright-colored jackets.

Jagger thanked the crowd for having patience following the postponement. He even boosted his Garden State bona fides by talking about how the band went to Tick Tock Diner just up Route 3 in Clifton, eating Taylor ham, egg and cheese sandwiches, disco fries and Sloppy Joes.

Was this classic Jersey pandering? Yes. Is cardiologist thrilled about this? No. But the cheers still rained down from the stadium packed with multiple generations of lifelong Stones diehards.

Jagger's voice might not be quite as strong as it once was, but his drop-off isn’t even close to as notable as other aged singers. It doesn’t appear he’s uses a backing track, though he may rely on backup singers more than he used to. But the verve and enthusiasm he brings to the stage outdoes all. He played guitar on several songs, and his harmonica playing on “Midnight Rambler” was truly impressive. It wasn’t until “Paint It, Black” late in the set that you felt him lagging a bit. But hey, we'll cut Mick friggin' Jagger some slack.

Keith Richards’ decline as a guitarist is perhaps a bit more pronounced, though he shined during his searing “Sympathy for the Devil” solo and then took the microphone for “Slipping Away” and “Before They Make Me Run.” Longtime rhythm guitarist Ronnie Wood still shreds, and his guitar solos were likely the most impressive musical component of the night from the original members [sic].

Now, no one would blame the band, in its 57th year of performing, if it was simply going through the motions, cranking through the hits and getting the hell out of dodge. But the performance never felt that way with the Stones, who turned into a jam band during the later tracks, riffing and soloing and stretching out songs, sometimes with the help of their touring members. A organ solo in “Can’t Always Get What You Want,” in which Jagger turned into a pastor and had the crowd of 55,000 clapping like MetLife had become a southern Baptist church.

They of course saved some of their best work for last, encoring with “Gimme Shelter,” featuring soulful and inspired vocals from the incredible background singer (and former "The Voice" contestant) Sasha Allen, her and Jagger cat-walking down the long runway-like stage. Then “Satisfaction” capped the night, with Jagger bowing as fireworks lit up the Bergen County sky.

The day will come when The Rolling Stones no longer tour, when the biggest living rockstars hang up their guitars and microphones — and who can blame them, they’re almost in their 80s. That threat alone is enough to make dropping a hundred dollars or more to see them play MetLife again on Monday worth it. But if this performance was any indication, this is no farewell tour.

The day will come when The Rolling Stones no longer tour, when the biggest living rockstars hang up their guitars and microphones — and who can blame them, they’re almost in their 80s. That threat alone is enough to make dropping a hundred dollars or more to see them play MetLife again on Monday worth it. But if this performance was any indication, this is no farewell tour.

[expo.nj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 15:19 by bye bye johnny.

Date: August 2, 2019 15:21

Aristide Economopoulos

Date: August 2, 2019 15:23

Aristide Economopoulos

Date: August 2, 2019 15:24

Aristide Economopoulos

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home