Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Half way on the tour - Are you still sitting on the fence?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 30, 2019 03:02

The Rolling Stones just finished show number 9 of 17 of their No Filter US 2019 Tour in Houston. They are just over half way on their tour. If you are still sitting on the fence, and wonder if you should stay at home, or go, just go! They are still great. Powerful and great! If you are just a driving distance away from one of the remaining shows, just go!

Bjornulf

Re: Half way on the tour - Are you still sitting on the fence?
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 30, 2019 03:13

just wondering bv, have they been as good as they were last year in warsaw, stuttgart and berlin.

hope to see them again in future, unfortunately wont be this year.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2019 03:16

Bjornulf's post here reminds me of a similar one he made in 2012, telling us that if we wanted to see the band we would have to travel, because they aren't going to be doing this forever (paraphrasing). I took that advice seriously, and started catching as many shows as I could including Brooklyn that year. Would count it amongst the best advice I've received winking smiley

Heading to NY tomorrow for what will be my third and fourth shows of the tour and couldn't be more excited!! Doesn't get much better than combining the greatest city in the world with the worlds greatest r&r band!!
This tour is extra special in my opinion and am trying to catch as many as I can!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 30, 2019 04:14

No offense to those of you taking in multiple shows, but I don't know how you do it. I'd be bored out of my mind...once a tour for any band is enough for me.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 30, 2019 04:26

That's how I felt after 7 Bigger Bang shows. I haven't been back since but after watching the last 3 shows on Periscope & Facebook, I've been itching to go to NJ 1&2.

Date: July 30, 2019 05:04

I saw five Licks shows, and they were all remarkable due to the variety of the setlists. Of course they still play a few gems every night, but it's not enough to lure me back multiple nights, particularly with the traveling I'd have to do.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 30, 2019 05:32

Been a fan since 65, just not into the tour. Would have like to hear new music.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 30, 2019 05:35

I wish I could have done more this tour but 3 shows is all that I could manage.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: July 30, 2019 05:49

I’ll be seeing them in Seattle. I’d love to go to some of the other shows but simply can’t afford to. The tickets prices are insane in my opinion.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 30, 2019 06:19

keefgotsoul
I’ll be seeing them in Seattle. I’d love to go to some of the other shows but simply can’t afford to. The tickets prices are insane in my opinion.

They are insane and I have no-one to blame but myself. Ran to brokers for all three tickets. Got really fleeced. I wasn't liking what I saw during pre-sale and I panicked. Spent a mint. Travelled for miles on my own. Very stressful. Worth it all in the final analysis.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 06:22 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2019 07:02

One show is never enough for just about any band I go to see, but the Stones take it to another level. There's way more to it than just the performance and setlists.
Every second is a thrill, from the moment of the announcement to the final fireworks of each show, not to mention the traveling and seeing friends who are in the same boat, etc., etc., etc.
Would feel a bit shortchanged if I could only see one, and will be seeing four in total this tour. A far cry from the Licks tour when I attended 27 in total in the US and Europe, but that was a different animal that included stadiums, arenas, and theaters/clubs, and each one that I saw had something special about it. Not all were top level performance/setlist wise, but all were memorable for a variety of reasons - including traveling, friends, etc.
One down for this tour, and three more to go, and I'm counting the days until the next one happens while living in the moment of a North American Stones tour from start to finish.
It's not every day you can say the Stones are on tour, and there will come a time when you won't be able to say it at all. Keep on rolling............thumbs up

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 30, 2019 07:21

bv
The Rolling Stones just finished show number 9 of 17 of their No Filter US 2019 Tour in Houston. They are just over half way on their tour. If you are still sitting on the fence, and wonder if you should stay at home, or go, just go! They are still great. Powerful and great! If you are just a driving distance away from one of the remaining shows, just go!

Great to read this. So I'm really glad to hit the road i.e. the plane tonight at Munich to join the US-tour for the NYC Shows... #18 & #19 of No Filter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 07:23 by RollingStonesFan.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 30, 2019 07:38

It's really a great night out regardless of venue or setlist.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: July 30, 2019 11:59

Sorry MisterDDDD but New York is simply not the greatest city in the world.
IMO.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 30, 2019 12:41

There must be a few tickets still unsold.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 30, 2019 13:25

No crease in my butt...
I’ll see four shows and I’m still feeling like it’s not enough.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 30, 2019 14:01

Kingbeebuzz
IMO.

not that it really matters b/c "best" is a matter of taste....NYC is still a "must see" for anybody who appreciates cities.

My opinion - NYC the greatest? Not anymore.

it used to be...

the CBGB closing (and becoming a high-end clothing store) symbolized The End for me.

and now The Strand Bookstore is fighting for its life as well...

there's still some cool places and NYC is still awesome, but if you've known it for the past 30-40 years, it's not the same....it's become more like Corporate-Shopping Disneyland....

here's a good example:

[guestofaguest.com]

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 30, 2019 14:07

Could have got Dips for a few shows but.....It's the 3/4/5 days off between shows to much hang time for me....Going to see them is great always!!!!!! Glad i Went to Dublin to see the last to date of the 1-2 Punch of the song's from B&L One of my Highlights....Other than that Have a great one for those going....Saving up for Europe 2020....Also thanks for the Pic's reviews and your tales from the road love reading them...Be Well Plenty of Summer left!!!!!

Date: July 30, 2019 14:23

stickyfingers101
Kingbeebuzz
IMO.

not that it really matters b/c "best" is a matter of taste....NYC is still a "must see" for anybody who appreciates cities.

it used to be...

the CBGB closing (and becoming a high-end clothing store) symbolized The End for me.

there's still some cool places and NYC is still awesome, but if you've known it for the past 30-40 years, it's not the same....it's become more like Corporate-Shopping Disneyland....

here's a good example:

[guestofaguest.com]

Love NY and like everything, not the same, or perhaps as great, as it once was, agreed.
I'm just glad people are critiquing my greatest city opinion as opposed to my greatest band one cool smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 30, 2019 14:57

stickyfingers101
Kingbeebuzz
IMO.

it used to be...

here's a good example:

[guestofaguest.com]

Don't worry,

It's not just New York, and not just the USA for that matter ...same here in the UK with our cities.

In a few years Amazon will have the fantastic new idea of revitalising our town and city centres with wonderful "shops" ...where folks can actually walk in off the street and buy stuff !

They might even be able to see it before they buy it...revolutionarygrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 16:33 by Spud.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2019 16:24

keefgotsoul

If you wait until the week of the show the prices should be cheap. I felt like I got burned for the NO show since tickets were $70 the last few weeks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 30, 2019 17:45

I see many fans are on travel into the NYC/NJ area. The Rolling Stones are always great in this area. Giants stadium and MSG, many great shows. I am sure the New Jersey shows will be at the same high level as in the past, the band and the fans make these shows great.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 30, 2019 17:58

Have a blast, everybody!!! I am grateful to be on this forum and read all your reports and see the pics. I had tickets for the first 2 shows, until they re-scheduled and hd to refund, as i work in tourism sector and no way to get days off n July or August sad smiley

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 30, 2019 18:22

All in

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2019 19:54

Setlist quibbles aside, let's be honest here - the WARHORSES are absolute CLASSIC tunes!!!
From Brown Sugar, Gimme Shelter, Satisfaction, Sympathy, Tumbling Dice, etc., etc., etc. - that's why most of us became fans to begin with.
These tunes are ingrained in our hearts and souls from years and years of listening, and they've become more than just tunes really - they're like the beat of of our hearts.
Off the top of my head, I would guess that at least four or five (maybe six or seven) of their warhorses would make my all time top 20 of the Greatest songs ever recorded by any band.
Would it be nice if they mixed it up more and/or add more rarities to their shows? And maybe some brand new tunes? Of course it would, but at this point who really gives a crap.
It's THE ROLLING STONES closing in on 60 years of being a band for crying out loud, and the chance to see them play anything at this point is somewhat of a miracle.
I'd be happy to see them play Brown Sugar or Satisfaction 20 times in a row, and if that was the entire setlist I'd leave the show a happy camper looking forward to the next exact same show (lol just kidding on that one winking smiley )
But enough of the cheerleading BS - the reality is the Stones are touring in 2019, and if you have the chance to see them (as many times as possible), you'll never regret it and will have fond memories for a lifetime.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 30, 2019 20:04

To add to that, not only do the Warhorses sound good but even songs that don't look good on paper sound good. You Got me Rocking actually works very well live and the boys all seem to enjoy playing it. Sad Sad Sad totally kicks live as well. But you have to actually ne there to get the affect!

Date: July 30, 2019 20:14

I'm not knocking anyone who goes to 5-10 shows or more per tour. I think it's awesome...it's just not something I find appealing these days. Not just the Stones, but any band I'm into.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 30, 2019 20:26

Sitting on a fence would be great on the B stage!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 30, 2019 20:26

The best part about going to multiple shows is, when the first show ends, thinking Wow! I get to do this again in a few days!

Date: July 30, 2019 20:28

TumblinDice76
To add to that, not only do the Warhorses sound good but even songs that don't look good on paper sound good. You Got me Rocking actually works very well live and the boys all seem to enjoy playing it. Sad Sad Sad totally kicks live as well. But you have to actually ne there to get the affect!

Agree.. as well as OOC and Rainbow works surprisingly well live!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home