Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: New DVD release: Bridges To Buenos Aires
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 8, 2019 16:15

It was funny to watch Dylan and Mick trip over each other, mistakingly I think. Nevertheless it's enjoyable. I think the sound is fine. Keith's guitar is clear to me, and Ronnie played well too in my opinion.

Date: November 8, 2019 16:19

I have only listened to it. What happened during the ending of Wanna Hold You??

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 8, 2019 16:30

Rock and roll

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 8, 2019 17:48

I like the Tumbling Dice. I love it when they play TD in a slowly way. So good.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 17:50

Can’t even find it on Spotify US

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: November 8, 2019 18:06

Pointless release. I wish they'd release Paris 1976. Anyone know why Paris 76 isnt getting released yet?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 8, 2019 18:10

Paul Kersey
Pointless release. I wish they'd release Paris 1976. Anyone know why Paris 76 isnt getting released yet?
Maybe give it a try and just maybe you will like it !

Date: November 8, 2019 18:25

Paul Kersey

Did you listen to it?

IMO, it's (by far) the best of the 1997-1999 shows they have released.

A worthwhile release for that brilliant Sister Morphine-version alone.

And I still haven't watched the dvd..

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 8, 2019 18:34

Is this vastly different from Bremen? I get that the crowd is jumping around but is Bremen not a better representation of the Babylon album?

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 8, 2019 18:40

hockenheim95
Rik
JumpinJimF
Streaming this now. That version of When The Whip Comes Down is a bit too - erm - Respectable isn't it?

Hilarious but a pity because Whip live versions are normally excellent.

When the whip comes respectable.

Poor Mick, really wanted to sing the other song :p

To me it looks like Keith is starting Respectable while Mick doesn't even has his guitar on. Then He starts singing Respectable because the band plays it and then he recognizes that they are playing the wrong song and changes to Whip. It takes up to the bridge until the whole band is in Whip-mode. This is why I love the Stones

True, but I think Ronnie started, but have to check.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 8, 2019 18:51

I was actually really sceptical about this release so shortly after we got Bremen but I have to admit this is far superior to Bremen and it's definitely worth buying it. Better audience, better performance and a REALLY fantastic mix (which wasn't the case with the two previous releases IMHO). This is actually what I hoped Bremen would be.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 8, 2019 19:17

Rik
hockenheim95
Rik
JumpinJimF
Streaming this now. That version of When The Whip Comes Down is a bit too - erm - Respectable isn't it?

To me it looks like Keith is starting Respectable while Mick doesn't even has his guitar on. Then He starts singing Respectable because the band plays it and then he recognizes that they are playing the wrong song and changes to Whip. It takes up to the bridge until the whole band is in Whip-mode. This is why I love the Stones

They are two songs that have the same chords, easy to make mistakes ...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 8, 2019 20:05

It seems to me that with Buenos Aires that the Stones feed off the crowd and thusly delivered a pumped and juiced/ steroid performance in a great way . I know I could have said that better or used a better analogy , but I think that's where the Glimmers/ Eagle Rock are coming from and giving us this additional /alternate performance and to some it might seem redundant , but at the same time I feel it's a legitimate release to treat us to this stellar performance if that makes any sense . I know if the Stones put it out there for us fans I want it ( blemishes, as well unfixed too ! )

Date: November 8, 2019 20:11

Rik
hockenheim95
Rik
JumpinJimF

Ronnie did indeed start it smiling smiley

Date: November 8, 2019 20:14

Testify
Rik
hockenheim95
Rik
JumpinJimF

They are two songs that have the same chords, easy to make mistakes ...

This arrangement of Respectable starts in D. Whip starts in A.

This version is legendary smiling smiley

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 8, 2019 20:18

Is it not on iTunes USA? I can't find just the audio.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 8, 2019 20:18

Reminds me of the @#$%&/IORR in New Jersey 1997
edit: oh, the real title for Star Star is censored here, just like on the cover in 1973 - funny

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-08 20:21 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 8, 2019 21:44

DandelionPowderman
Paul Kersey

Did you listen to it?

Yeah, 'modern' era stones not my thing so another B2B release is a waste of time to me. I wish they'd release some unheard audio like when the stones archive started. Brussels 73, LA75, Leeds 82 were great! Paris 76 video long overdue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-08 21:49 by Paul Kersey.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 23:17

Paul Kersey
DandelionPowderman
Paul Kersey

Did you listen to it?

Yeah, 'modern' era stones not my thing so another B2B release is a waste of time to me. I wish they'd release some unheard audio like when the stones archive started. Brussels 73, LA75, Leeds 82 were great! Paris 76 video long overdue.

This concert is unheard unlike the ones you mentioned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-08 23:18 by hockenheim95.

Date: November 8, 2019 23:23

hockenheim95
Paul Kersey
DandelionPowderman
Paul Kersey

Did you listen to it?

This concert is unheard unlike the ones you mentioned.

Like I said, modern era stones not my thing. Pointless release to me especially after just releasing Bremen from the same tour.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2019 23:35

oh, the real title for Star Star is censored here, just like on the cover in 1973 - funny

Ya gotta remember Erik there's a
lotta children here … not many women BUT a lotta children ….

ROCKMAN

Date: November 9, 2019 00:09

Dandy, to answer your question Ronnie completely went somewhere else at the end of I Wanna Hold You, this after a mistake during his solo. Anyway Keef ended the song with a final riff and laughed it off. We see Ronnie apologizing as they walk towards Charlies drums. A very great and funny video to watch. They were clearly having a lot of fun.

Date: November 9, 2019 00:27

frankotero
Dandy, to answer your question Ronnie completely went somewhere else at the end of I Wanna Hold You, this after a mistake during his solo. Anyway Keef ended the song with a final riff and laughed it off. We see Ronnie apologizing as they walk towards Charlies drums. A very great and funny video to watch. They were clearly having a lot of fun.

Ha ha, cool! I heard that Ronnie was way out in the stratosphere with his solo, and Keith suddenly started banging out some weird chords grinning smiley

Date: November 9, 2019 00:57

Yes, this one was not by the numbers for sure. Quite refreshing in my opinion. Side note I would normally prefer to listen rather than watch a concert film. But I knew this would be special because it's Argentina where we all know how passionate they are. The Stones responded in the right way, mistakes really didn't matter here. Plus Ronnie more than made up for it during other songs, for instance JJF, smoking hot mother f-er! Couldn't be happier with this release. It's definitely Rock And Roll.

Date: November 9, 2019 01:03

thumbs up

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 9, 2019 03:38

Paul Kersey

Like I said, modern era stones not my thing. Pointless release to me...

What's truly pointless is posting on a thread you have no interest in about something you've not heard or seen.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 9, 2019 05:13

artinis1
Can’t even find it on Spotify US

Today is the day of release, who knows when it will be on there. Kinda dumb that it isn't but who knows.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Like A Rolling Stone is AWESOME!!!!! Bob just kills me!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: November 9, 2019 10:46

DandelionPowderman

Poorly edited cd. They cut out the band introductions, some of Keith’s remarks and there should have more space between some of the songs. There should have been more space between Wanna Hold You and Little Queenie and they cut off some of Mick’s remarks. The blu-Ray is excellent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-09 10:54 by fuwa.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: November 9, 2019 11:44

fuwa
DandelionPowderman

Poorly edited cd. They cut out the band introductions, some of Keith’s remarks and there should have more space between some of the songs. There should have been more space between Wanna Hold You and Little Queenie and they cut off some of Mick’s remarks. The blu-Ray is excellent.

Mastering of the CDs is not good either confused smiley Sounds like a plastic band ...

Date: November 9, 2019 11:48

fuwa
DandelionPowderman

I was thinking of the trainwreck ending. Didn't really miss a longer break between songs for the audio.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home