Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: New DVD release: Bridges To Buenos Aires
Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: December 18, 2019 15:34

TheGreek
Ok, now that we have this one under our belts , what's up next or what are the rumors for the next release ?

A festival show would be great. Roskilde 14 was amazing.Last show with Bobby and longest Midnight Rambler ever (one of the best ones too).

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: December 19, 2019 01:06

Watched this for the first time last night. The crowd is great but the mix is atrocious.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 27, 2019 07:40

Got this as a Christmas gift and have already watched it three times. It’s a good solid show, you can tell they’ve been on the road for awhile.
The band is locked in and the backing musicians have really hit stride including Blondie, the horns , Lisa and Bernard and yes, I have to admit even Chuck.
It’s an off the charts fantastic crowd and the set list is really good.

Having said that there is one weak link-Ron Wood.I say this as a huge Ronnie fan who has defended him countless times over the years.
I am also probably the luckiest Stones fan ever,I’ve seen them dozens of times and he has always played well at my shows and to be honest I always thought the anti-Wood posters were being unduly critical.

Holy crap- I can now see what it was making Taylor fans blood boil.theyre on the B-Stage ripping through a version of Little Queenie,Keith is putting on a Chuck Berry clinic,Daryl is locked in with Charlie and even Chuck is nailing Stu’s boogie,Jagger of course is just flat out doing work as usual.
Aaand there’s Ronnie. He’s standing there mouthing words to the crowd,waving his hands,pumping his fist.
There’s very little room and instead of getting back with Daryl and Charlie to focus on playing off of Keith he’s getting in Micks way like a drunk who wandered onstage ,it was sad.

If you were a casual fan this may slip by unnoticed, it was a really good show with Mick and Keith really shining and Charlie’s greatnesses we don’t mention, that box is on auto-check.
But Ronnie damn.. the whole show,babbling incoherently,waving, smiling like an idiot for no reason.though he did stop occasionally to play guitar,he looked out of his mind.Thank goodness for rehab.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 28, 2019 12:27

lem motlow

Having said that there is one weak link-Ron Wood.

Theyre on the B-Stage ripping through a version of Little Queenie,Keith is putting on a Chuck Berry clinic,Daryl is locked in with Charlie and even Chuck is nailing Stu’s boogie,Jagger of course is just flat out doing work as usual.
Aaand there’s Ronnie. He’s standing there mouthing words to the crowd,waving his hands,pumping his fist.
There’s very little room and instead of getting back with Daryl and Charlie to focus on playing off of Keith he’s getting in Micks way like a drunk who wandered onstage ,it was sad.

And it took you 22 years to discover Ron was non-functioning on the 97 tour? grinning smiley
I always laugh to tears when I watch the 10 seconds before the intro to JJF from the 1997 PPV. Ron is in the pit shaking hands... and he jumps back onstage
minutes before the huge wall of white pyro is set-off! grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 28, 2019 15:45

I love Ronnie during the B2B-tour cause he kept it dangerous and this 5th show in BA is hilarious, I love when he points at Mick during Miss You and shouts "Quiere PUTA!" Worth the DVD alone!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-28 15:47 by MadMax.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 29, 2019 08:09

dcba
lem motlow

Having said that there is one weak link-Ron Wood.

Theyre on the B-Stage ripping through a version of Little Queenie,Keith is putting on a Chuck Berry clinic,Daryl is locked in with Charlie and even Chuck is nailing Stu’s boogie,Jagger of course is just flat out doing work as usual.

And it took you 22 years to discover Ron was non-functioning on the 97 tour? grinning smiley
I always laugh to tears when I watch the 10 seconds before the intro to JJF from the 1997 PPV. Ron is in the pit shaking hands... and he jumps back onstage
minutes before the huge wall of white pyro is set-off! grinning smiley grinning smiley

Excuse me , I don’t mean to be rude but what the fck are you talking about? I never said Ronnie was “non-functioning on the 1997 tour.
In fact I pretty clearly stated that he played well every time I’ve seen him, a journey that started in 1975 and included 5 great shows from the 97 Babylon tour starting with opening night in Chicago.
I’m reviewing a show from April of 1998 and I said he was the weak link, was acting out of it alot of the show and I could see how it pissed off some fans ,especially Taylor fans because Mick T was so professional and business-like.
He played some good stuff on thiis dvd, the slide on sister morphine for instance was almost exact to the original.
Maybe you thought you had an opening and got a little too excited about delivering that “it took you 22 years” line, I don’t know. But you had the year wrong and seem to have took my criticism of Ronnie as being a bit more serious than it was, he was goofing off too much that’s all. If you paid attention I said at the end casual fans probably wouldn’t even notice it, that crowd was having a blast.even a less than 100 percent Ronnie is a hell of a lot fun.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: December 31, 2019 05:00

MadMax
I love Ronnie during the B2B-tour cause he kept it dangerous and this 5th show in BA is hilarious, I love when he points at Mick during Miss You and shouts "Quiere PUTA!" Worth the DVD alone!smileys with beer

Lo que dice Ronnie Negra Puta

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 31, 2019 06:25

jajajajajajajajaja

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 31, 2019 12:42

¿Creo que Ronnie está un poco celoso?winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 31, 2019 15:21

Listen to the Atlanta 97 gig (the one that came right before the PPV)...

On OOC Keith carries the song alone, he plays beautifully, adding licks on top of licks.
What does Ron do? "Wacka-wacka-wacka" on the wah-wah pedal...
Hilarious!

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: February 1, 2020 16:13

where I have to go to get the vinyl covers that are broken on the sides and that send me some in perfect condition is possible or not.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 1, 2020 22:00

mick64

where I have to go to get the vinyl covers that are broken on the sides and that send me some in perfect condition is possible or not.

Contact your dealer where you have bought the Vinyl - or try to contact the local branch office of Universal Music in your country for an exchange of the Vinyl.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 3, 2020 22:48

thief in the night/ wanna hold you here make one of the keith's sets i love the best
cheers
smileys with beer

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 13, 2021 02:24

Just a quick ? on this one...........were there any Japanese exclusive tracks for this release? I'm about to buy the DVD/2CD version really cheap, as this one has been missing for some time now, but don't want to if there is an extra track abroad...

thanks!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 13, 2021 10:57

As a bonus there is a press conference from 1997.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 13, 2021 13:29

MichaelLassen
TheGreek
Ok, now that we have this one under our belts , what's up next or what are the rumors for the next release ?

A festival show would be great. Roskilde 14 was amazing.Last show with Bobby and longest Midnight Rambler ever (one of the best ones too).

Glastonbury should be officially released. That's a good show. They did it for Bowie so why not the Stones?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 13, 2021 15:09

GJV
As a bonus there is a press conference from 1997.

Thanks GJV. Hardly seems worth the extra $$$ for just that. $14.99 for the 2 CD/DVD edition!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-13 23:58 by VoodooLounge13.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home