Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: New DVD release: Bridges To Buenos Aires
Date: November 9, 2019 11:49

glimmertwin1
fuwa
DandelionPowderman
I have only listened to it. What happened during the ending of Wanna Hold You??

Poorly edited cd. They cut out the band introductions, some of Keith’s remarks and there should have more space between some of the songs. There should have been more space between Wanna Hold You and Little Queenie and they cut off some of Mick’s remarks. The blu-Ray is excellent.

Mastering of the CDs is not good either confused smiley Sounds like a plastic band ...

?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 9, 2019 14:13

DandelionPowderman
glimmertwin1
fuwa
DandelionPowderman

Poorly edited cd. They cut out the band introductions, some of Keith’s remarks and there should have more space between some of the songs. There should have been more space between Wanna Hold You and Little Queenie and they cut off some of Mick’s remarks. The blu-Ray is excellent.

Mastering of the CDs is not good either confused smiley Sounds like a plastic band ...

?
Mastering is usual for Vaults, brickwalled and compressed. DR6 for CD1 and DR5 for CD2.

Cuts were necessary to fit CDs to redbook standard i.e. 70 min per CD. Surely there is some space left, but not that much - CD1 66min 30 sec, CD2 59 min 34 sec.

Date: November 9, 2019 14:51

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
glimmertwin1
fuwa
DandelionPowderman

?
Mastering is usual for Vaults, brickwalled and compressed. DR6 for CD1 and DR5 for CD2.

Cuts were necessary to fit CDs to redbook standard i.e. 70 min per CD. Surely there is some space left, but not that much - CD1 66min 30 sec, CD2 59 min 34 sec.

I've heard way worse mastering than this.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: November 9, 2019 15:52

Glam Descendant
Paul Kersey

Like I said, modern era stones not my thing. Pointless release to me...

What's truly pointless is posting on a thread you have no interest in about something you've not heard or seen.

How do you know I've not heard or seen it?

Date: November 9, 2019 16:11

Paul Kersey
Glam Descendant
Paul Kersey

Like I said, modern era stones not my thing. Pointless release to me...

What's truly pointless is posting on a thread you have no interest in about something you've not heard or seen.

How do you know I've not heard or seen it?

Did you? You said it would be "a waste of time" when I asked you?

Date: November 9, 2019 16:18

I've heard it but not seen it mate. I've seen Bremen that's enough for me. There are other tours not covered they could release. Another B2B release straight after Bremen seems pointless to me thumbs up

Date: November 9, 2019 17:57

Paul Kersey
I've heard it but not seen it mate. I've seen Bremen that's enough for me. There are other tours not covered they could release. Another B2B release straight after Bremen seems pointless to me thumbs up

IMO, if there is such a thing as an unnecessary Stones release, it would be Bremen - a show everybody has seen and heard before.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 9, 2019 18:56

A great release!

As mentioned before:

TD has a perfect tempo and it sounds really good.
LARS with Bob...worth the release alone. Mick and
Bob trying to get in sync...fantastic. The "soul"
band is laying down a great instrumental for Dylan,
"freewheelin´...".

Respectable/Whip---haha, great stuff. "I got the
wrong song...". Only the Stones can do that.

On the b-stage Charlie is wearing Maradona´s
number 10 albiceleste jersey!

Listen to JJF...what a monster.

Look at these jumping hordes...goosebumps.
The b-stage is like a sailboat in the ocean
during a hurricane.

A shame that they don´t go to Argentina again!

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: November 9, 2019 18:58

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
glimmertwin1
fuwa
DandelionPowderman

?

They could have fit the intros on disk 1 and have more space between Keith’s set and the set on the small stage on disk 2. They have the intros on the other releases, it adds to the feel/mood of that particular concert; makes it sound more like you are listening to a whole concert rather than a compilation of songs from a concert.

Date: November 9, 2019 19:29

DandelionPowderman
Paul Kersey

IMO, if there is such a thing as an unnecessary Stones release, it would be Bremen - a show everybody has seen and heard before.

I'd agree with that.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 9, 2019 23:22

They've got 3 releases from the TATTOO YOU tour - nothing wrong with having 3 releases from the BRIDGES TO BABYLON tour - they were firing good on that tour!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 9, 2019 23:57

i agree

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 10, 2019 00:28

In the Buenos Ares JJF clip Keith is 100% there and firing on all cylinders. It's like day and night compared to now. Mick is reinvigorated by the audience and has spring and bounce to spare. The whole ensemble is really in the proverbial 'zone.' And the audience has that Latin passion in full force!

It makes me think that perhaps they should have thrown in the towel after the Licks tour. I know that a lot of people would disagree but there is something satisfying in doing your job and then moving on. Look at how much fun Bill Wyman has had over the past 28 years just doing his own thing.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 10, 2019 01:42

MileHigh
It makes me think that perhaps they should have thrown in the towel after the Licks tour. I know that a lot of people would disagree but there is something satisfying in doing your job and then moving on. Look at how much fun Bill Wyman has had over the past 28 years just doing his own thing.
If you or anyone else do not want to see the Stones anymore then just do not go to the concerts. Simple as that.
Maybe they were better 20 years ago, yes that might me. But still it's better to have them than not to have them. It's great that young people who have never seen the Stones still have the opportunity to see them. You might have seen them twenty times but others have not. Two or three years then it's all over anyway. Let people enjoy the last chapter till it ends

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-10 01:43 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 10, 2019 02:26

Well said StonedRambler. Sounds like it's MileHigh that's thrown in the towel -- the Stones were still killing it last summer.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 10, 2019 02:40

I think a large part of the Stones legacy, and a major point of pride for them, is their longevity.

They haven't (yet) done anything to diminish their artistic legacy, so continuing to tour almost 60 years on can only burnish their already considerable legacy.

Yes, if it ever got to the point where they were CLEARLY gassed and had no business performing, it would be a shame, but they're not even close to there yet, no matter how creaky Keith or Ronnie can be on a given night.

Given these facts, calling for them to have stopped 20 years ago makes little sense.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 10, 2019 03:22

Just finished the DVD, GREAT performance! Mick let Keith have is way with a slow Dice after Mick f***s up Whip, hilarious! Keith's flick of the nose during the SMU intro after a refreshing line of ________ and Ronnie's totally AWOL during the first section of the solo in Wanna Hold Ya but Keith let him try again and yes indeed a blinding version yet again! I NEVER get the fact that Keith changed to standard tuning during 2007, the song should be in G-tuning and with a Ronnie signature solo! This is a great show, all three 98/99 Eagle Rock releases have been stellar!smileys with beer

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 10, 2019 03:26

Gotta love that Respectable Whip. To start the complete wrong song and then move it relatively smoothly into the right one is impressive tightrope walking.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 10, 2019 09:06

I travelled to Chicago for the opening night of this tour,it’s hard to believe what an epic adventure started on that cool September evening.
I’m wondering if the Stones aren’t rewriting how Rock and Roll music is perceived in the future.
we look at the old vinyl albums as the touchstones,the old classics from Exile or Who’s Next or Abbey Road but they are leaving us these amazing shows that, let’s face it,are far more entertaining than just listening to an audio recording.
I know an older couple who grew up in the 60s but never saw the band until this year.they told me they always liked the Stones but never realized how great they were until one of their grandkids bought them Havana Moon for Christmas.
When they’re gone those shows are gonna loom Large,a million people on RIO beach,Hyde Park 1 and 2, all those years of stages and shows.. it’s mind blowing really.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: November 10, 2019 12:02

MadMax
Just finished the DVD, GREAT performance! Mick let Keith have is way with a slow Dice after Mick f***s up Whip, hilarious! Keith's flick of the nose during the SMU intro after a refreshing line of ________ and Ronnie's totally AWOL during the first section of the solo in Wanna Hold Ya but Keith let him try again and yes indeed a blinding version yet again! I NEVER get the fact that Keith changed to standard tuning during 2007, the song should be in G-tuning and with a Ronnie signature solo! This is a great show, all three 98/99 Eagle Rock releases have been stellar!smileys with beer

Actually it's not Mick who messed up Whip, it was Ronnie who played the Respectable intro which confused Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-10 12:02 by EasterMan.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: November 11, 2019 03:19

The dvd is again killer.

Mick was the star of the show for me.
Im beginning to think that the Bridges To Babylon tour was their best. Althought i tend to think this No Filter tour is also a highlight and borderring with the best live experience the stones have given.

Anyway back to the dvd
The show was firing in all cylinders until Bob Dylan came along. Thief In The Night was another highlight.
Jumping Jack and Broen Sugar also shined.

Overall i prefer the Bremen show, the setlist has alot to do with it.

If you are sitting on the fence with this one, dont.
Its a prime stones concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-11 03:20 by rebelhipi.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 11, 2019 05:36

I’m all in, just wish they would release it on ITunes in the US, I have emailed Eagle Rock, but no response

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: November 11, 2019 08:48

DandelionPowderman
Paul Kersey

This is the main problem of most the recent releases (not San Jose), that we got the boots in soundboard quality before. Sometimes the official release is rather worse than the boots (Miami 94), sometimes it´s a real upgrade. Personally I enjoy EVERY release by the Stones, but I would prefer getting stuff again, we don´t know from soundboard-boots.There are so many hidden gems...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 11, 2019 13:22

EasterMan wrote: "Actually it's not Mick who messed up Whip, it was Ronnie who played the Respectable intro which confused Mick."

That sounds right mate, as I play guitar along with it and listen with headphones I also started doin Respectable and got as surprised as Mick. Gotta do a rerun on saturday night again (highlight of the week, a Stones show on DVD KEEP 'EM COMIN'!!) and look out for the bump in the road a la Ronnie!smileys with beer

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 11, 2019 18:29

While listening to the CD Wanna Hold You, I wondered what had happened to Wood's solo. Watching the DVD clearly shows the guitar string skipping!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 11, 2019 18:32

fuwa
DandelionPowderman

I haven't heard Buenos Aires yet, but I was listening to Bremen this past weekend and there's a somewhat poor edit coming out of Wanna Hold You into IORR. Sounds like a similar (but perhaps worse?) edit on Buenos Aires? Looking forward to getting it nonetheless.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 11, 2019 19:13

Is the bridge sequence not included in the audio release? Sounds like a great opportunity to do an awkward edit.

Date: November 11, 2019 20:33

floodonthepage
fuwa
DandelionPowderman

I haven't heard Buenos Aires yet, but I was listening to Bremen this past weekend and there's a somewhat poor edit coming out of Wanna Hold You into IORR. Sounds like a similar (but perhaps worse?) edit on Buenos Aires? Looking forward to getting it nonetheless.

No, they fvcked up the ending of Wanna Hold You playing-wise smiling smiley

The editing had nothing to do with it.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 11, 2019 21:05

DandelionPowderman
floodonthepage
fuwa
DandelionPowderman

No, they fvcked up the ending of Wanna Hold You playing-wise smiling smiley

The editing had nothing to do with it.

Oh, gotcha. Well, warts and all as they say!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-11 21:05 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 12, 2019 00:19

What I'm about to say may sound strange, but I prefer them today. The sound they are playing on the last tour is fantastic, the chirarre sounds as loud as we had never heard before. Had they done it 20 years ago it would have been better, but that's okay!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home