Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: New DVD release: Bridges To Buenos Aires
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 7, 2019 06:02

That JJF ROCKED!hot smiley
Keef going down onto the lower ramp in front of the stage is classic!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 7, 2019 12:08

frankotero
Wow, that's what I call a strong performance!

Mick always delivers when he sees young busted women showing him their bra! grinning smiley
And Keef always delivered in South America for reasons not worth mentioning ("Medellin" is a clue).

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 7, 2019 13:28

dcba
frankotero

Mick always delivers when he sees young busted women showing him their bra! grinning smiley
And Keef always delivered in South America for reasons not worth mentioning ("Medellin" is a clue).
That's not nice ! (about Keith )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-07 13:28 by TheGreek.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: November 7, 2019 21:40

I have listened to the first CD. Guitars are there, which is cool. Sometimes buried but i guess you can’t always get what you want.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 7, 2019 22:17

For some reason I find it extra-cool to see Mick sing JJF fixed on the spot

Date: November 7, 2019 22:26

Also Charlie has the greatest hair here, even though to him it may just be "off schedule"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 7, 2019 22:26

dcba
frankotero

As if he's ever had an issue getting a connection anywhere in the world for the last 40 years!

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: November 7, 2019 23:30

Mick starts singing Respectable. After a few seconds he changes his mind and starts singing When The Whip Comes down. During the entire performance of the song you clearly hear the rhythm of Respectable.
I have the impression that a tape supports the song.

Date: November 7, 2019 23:44

That's not respectable at all and shouldn't be supported

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 7, 2019 23:56

And what's really embarassing about it, is that the playback tape of Respectable is not even recorded by Rolling Stones, but by Chuck, Blondie and the Beatles!

Date: November 8, 2019 00:01

Erik_Snow
And what's really embarassing about it, is that the playback tape of Respectable is not even recorded by Rolling Stones, but by Chuck, Blondie and the Beatles!

What? Did Pierre and Dave have a day off??

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 8, 2019 00:48

keefriff99
dcba

As if he's ever had an issue getting a connection anywhere in the world for the last 40 years!

Acc. to the Black Crowes drummer in his book, Keith asked them for some "cheer me up" powder after a 1995 Basel gig. So...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 04:22

astmalia
Mick starts singing Respectable. After a few seconds he changes his mind and starts singing When The Whip Comes down. During the entire performance of the song you clearly hear the rhythm of Respectable.
I have the impression that a tape supports the song.

Wow. Mmmm??

Rod

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 07:06

Why is this not available on ITunes US? Can’t find it

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: November 8, 2019 07:42

artinis1

Exactly what I came to ask. Only way I can watch it at this time so I don’t want to order from somewhere else to get discs I can’t currently use.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 09:51

tumblingdice
artinis1

Exactly what I came to ask. Only way I can watch it at this time so I don’t want to order from somewhere else to get discs I can’t currently use.

I could not see it in iTunes either, but searched in the MUSIC APP on my iPhone and it was there.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-08 11:16 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 8, 2019 12:23

So far I've seen up to Saint Of Me. I'm loving it. No complaints.

Date: November 8, 2019 12:55

Fantastic rendition of Sister Morphine!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 8, 2019 12:56

dcba
keefriff99
dcba

Acc. to the Black Crowes drummer in his book, Keith asked them for some "cheer me up" powder after a 1995 Basel gig. So...

I listened to Gorman's take on his time in the Black Crowes, a band that could've been, although peddling 1972 in he 90's was a trip in time, it didn't resound with the masses in a sustainable way. name any of their albums after No.2...

Date: November 8, 2019 13:05

SKILLS
dcba
keefriff99
dcba

I listened to Gorman's take on his time in the Black Crowes, a band that could've been, although peddling 1972 in he 90's was a trip in time, it didn't resound with the masses in a sustainable way. name any of their albums after No.2...

Amorica (album 3) was big as well, but you're right - they faded out, before releasing a couple of excellent albums right at the end of their career.

Date: November 8, 2019 13:09

The mix on Buenos Aires is a Bernard/Chuck-fest smiling smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 8, 2019 13:12

Although I’m getting physical copy of Blu-ray and cd I bought standard definition stream for $8.00 last night and watched it. Great sister morphine and The whole band is just going nuts from the crowds energy. I really even liked the Respectable/ whip comes down mess up. Guitars could be higher in the mix from the stream I watched and I thought there were even more cutting/ quick shots than the other videos so watcher beware. LOL. But in the end loved it. Great fun

Date: November 8, 2019 13:21

How hard is it to turn up Darryl's bass on Miss You confused smiley

I really like this show so far, but not bothering doing anything with stuff like this is really sloppy and unnecessary, imo.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 14:03

For me the sound mix is the best of the Vault releases so far. Ist sounds really natural and not overproduced like some other releases. In some releases (including Totally Stripped) there was so much reverb on Micks voice that it sounded like he was at a different venue than the rest of the band. Some others had overproduced drum sound (Brussels and LA) and some sounded way too clean (Miami and San Jose). For me this release sounds really good but I am with DandelionPowderman that they could highlight some parts like solos and so in to make it even better.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 14:05

Am I the only one who still can’t find it on Itunes US or in Apple Music US?

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: November 8, 2019 14:08

Streaming this now. That version of When The Whip Comes Down is a bit too - erm - Respectable isn't it?

Hilarious but a pity because Whip live versions are normally excellent.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 8, 2019 15:06

JumpinJimF
Streaming this now. That version of When The Whip Comes Down is a bit too - erm - Respectable isn't it?

When the whip comes respectable.

Poor Mick, really wanted to sing the other song :p

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: November 8, 2019 15:28

artinis1
Am I the only one who still can’t find it on Itunes US or in Apple Music US?
No you’re not. Someone else said they found it searching music, but it doesn’t show for me no matter what.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 8, 2019 16:07

Rik
JumpinJimF

When the whip comes respectable.

Poor Mick, really wanted to sing the other song :p

To me it looks like Keith is starting Respectable while Mick doesn't even has his guitar on. Then He starts singing Respectable because the band plays it and then he recognizes that they are playing the wrong song and changes to Whip. It takes up to the bridge until the whole band is in Whip-mode. This is why I love the Stones

Date: November 8, 2019 16:10

hockenheim95
For me the sound mix is the best of the Vault releases so far. Ist sounds really natural and not overproduced like some other releases. In some releases (including Totally Stripped) there was so much reverb on Micks voice that it sounded like he was at a different venue than the rest of the band. Some others had overproduced drum sound (Brussels and LA) and some sounded way too clean (Miami and San Jose). For me this release sounds really good but I am with DandelionPowderman that they could highlight some parts like solos and so in to make it even better.

Yes, it is a good mix. That's why small adjustments would have the mix excellent.

Bobby Keys on Flip The Switch. That's armour thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home