Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15
Re: New DVD release: Bridges To Buenos Aires
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 24, 2019 23:25

ironbelly
tmccool1
Does the expanded GYYYO provide a full 69 setlist? It seems to be based on setlists I have seen.
Gimme Shelter is missing.

Gimme Shelter wasn't played at the MSG i think.
But it was in Baltimore

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 24, 2019 23:38

tmccool1
Does the expanded GYYYO provide a full 69 setlist? It seems to be based on setlists I have seen.
What does this question have to do with this thread?

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: September 25, 2019 03:25

AntoineParis
ironbelly
tmccool1
Gimme Shelter is missing.

Gimme Shelter wasn't played at the MSG i think.
But it was in Baltimore

Correct Gimme Shelter was played in Baltimore but not at the MSG shows. Gimme Shelter wasn't played at every show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-25 03:28 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 25, 2019 06:26

This it, huh? Our Stones Christmas is a release from a tour that wasn't as good as the one a year later. Oh yeah, and Let It Bleed, with no extra cuts. Sigh.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 25, 2019 10:34

24FPS
This it, huh? Our Stones Christmas is a release from a tour that wasn't as good as the one a year later. Oh yeah, and Let It Bleed, with no extra cuts. Sigh.
Think positive. If you do not like these releases you can head to the record store next Friday and pick deluxe anniversary re-issue of that other, lesser known, British beat band whose bassist died in a car crush in November 1966.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 25, 2019 12:01

ironbelly
24FPS
Think positive. If you do not like these releases you can head to the record store next Friday and pick deluxe anniversary re-issue of that other, lesser known, British beat band whose bassist died in a car crush in November 1966.
Or pick up something more interesting.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 25, 2019 12:11

24FPS
This it, huh? Our Stones Christmas is a release from a tour that wasn't as good as the one a year later.

Are you implying the South American tour wasn't as good as the 99 "No security" trek. I think you're wrong.

Setlists were better in 99 but the overall playing was better in SA. I mean they were sharp "down under", just sharp. And the hysterical audience pushed them one step farther.
I agree that the European tour was kinda "meh" (is there a single show worth remembering?) but the SA gigs are on another level.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 25, 2019 12:14

dcba
24FPS
This it, huh? Our Stones Christmas is a release from a tour that wasn't as good as the one a year later.

Are you implying the South American tour wasn't as good as the 99 "No security" trek. I think you're wrong.

Setlists were better in 99 but the overall playing was better in SA. I mean they were sharp "down under", just sharp. And the hysterical audience pushed them one step farther.
I agree that the European tour was kinda "meh" (is there a single show worth remembering?) but the SA gigs are on another level.
Nuremberg, June 13. Keith did not smoke on stage. I mean, not a single cigarette winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 25, 2019 13:12

dcba
24FPS

+1

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 26, 2019 08:59

I must be in the minority but I'm not particularly interested in sitting down and watching shows of 20 years ago...too late and a sad reminder of how much older everyone actually is now...especially Keith. Imagine if they'd all lost their abilities to the scale of Keith, it would be Chuck Berry circa 2013 territory by now...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 26, 2019 09:27

One of the few uncirculated 1998 shows from the most interesting stretch of the tour? This is one I am actually excited for.

Now after several B2B releases in a row they can release a few more of the Licks tour proshots they are sitting on (like all 3 in Munich, Wiltern, etc).

Posted by: knatalio ()
Date: September 26, 2019 18:07

I´m from Buenos Aires and I´m glad to have this release. I was in those concerts and it was a historical moment when Bob Dylan played with the Stones.

I hope this is a new South America tour advertisement.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 26, 2019 18:35

A friend in Banquete de Pordioseros (rocksoff.org/foroes) shared with us a lot of pictures from that night!!!

Date: September 27, 2019 01:55

dcba
24FPS

From what I've seen it's just like any other BTB set, with a more enthusiastic audience. Nothing against Argentinians, great fans, but there's nothing really different here. There's got to be better things in the vault.

Date: September 27, 2019 01:56

ironbelly
24FPS

Oh, it took a minute. And those rumors came out around this time.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 4, 2019 16:40

You Can't Always Get What You Want:[youtu.be]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 5, 2019 02:37

great!!!!!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 18, 2019 14:11

Saint Of Me: [youtu.be]

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 16:02

spunky

What an awful sound. I'm sorry but these guys at Eagle have to wake up. The Rolling Stones are a guitars band. Maybe it will be better on the CD. Just maybe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-18 16:02 by GivenToFly15.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 18, 2019 17:00

spunky

And [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 19, 2019 01:06

Gimme was not really part of the 69 tour set. I think it was played twice and Altamont being one of them.

Date: October 19, 2019 01:22

waiting for this release, with a different intro on whip

i remembered the mick's face

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 22, 2019 19:08

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 22, 2019 19:46

GivenToFly15
spunky

What an awful sound. I'm sorry but these guys at Eagle have to wake up. The Rolling Stones are a guitars band. Maybe it will be better on the CD. Just maybe.
Sounded just fine to my ears , guitars and all !

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: October 23, 2019 03:01

Bashlets
Gimme was not really part of the 69 tour set. I think it was played twice and Altamont being one of them.

According to Setlist.Fm it was played at least 14 times in 1969.

Date: October 23, 2019 07:12

B2BsAs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 23, 2019 08:05

Paddy

This (Buenos Aires) and Bremen haven’t been from the vault releases though have they?

What is the diiference between Vault releases and other live ones? Apart from a round logo on the cover?

Rod

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 23, 2019 10:05

It's just a marketing thing really...but the value for money isn't what it was.

With most of the earlier "From the Vaults" releases you could buy a vinyl & DVD package for no more than the cost of just the vinyl for the later "Uncut" and otherwise badged releases.

I'm not pulling the trigger on either Buenos Aires or Bremen, partly for that reason, partly because I'm not a fan of coloured vinyl , but mostly because the B2B & NS tours have been, for me, adequately covered already by No Security and San Jose.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: October 23, 2019 13:06

TheGreek
GivenToFly15
spunky

Sounded just fine to my ears , guitars and all !

just compare with the same song from Bremen...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: October 23, 2019 13:29

boogaloojef
Bashlets

According to Setlist.Fm it was played at least 14 times in 1969.

1969-11-07 - Fort Collins
1969-11-09 2nd show - Oakland
1969-11-11 - Phoenix
1969-11-30 - Palm Beach
1969-12-06 - Altamont

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home