Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ladies and gentlemen-1972, double LP. Eagle rock. Official album?
Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: July 29, 2019 22:46

Ladies and gentlemen-1972, double LP.Eagle Rock. Official album?
Don't know if is has been disgussed here before. I bought this album at the time 2010 and took if for an official release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 23:19 by Kuntaman.

Re: Ladies and gentlemen-1972, double LP. Official album?
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: July 29, 2019 22:53

Ah im not aware, interesting! whats the audio quality like?

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: July 29, 2019 22:54

It sounds the same as the CD version. Not very good!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 29, 2019 23:17

Why, when the group were at the peak of their powers and access to the best that money could buy, did they record concerts with a view to a future release and yet find the sound quality is poor.
Surely, they would be using the best people and up to date equipment of that time.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 29, 2019 23:20

Kuntaman

Official album?

The Vinyl-LP probably not: [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - mentioned there as Bootleg.

LP-Label says: 'Promotional Copy - Not for Sale' - [www.Musik-Sammler.de] - but it's not.

It was officially released as CD and Download in June 2017: [www.Amazon.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-31 14:55 by Irix.

Re: Ladies and gentlemen-1972, double LP. Eagle rock. Official album?
Date: July 30, 2019 00:37

The early copies in the eighties sounded much better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 00:44 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 30, 2019 00:54

I don't get this. Don't they have a quadrophonic soundtrack somewhere to Ladies and Gentlemen? That's what I heard when I saw it at a midnight showing in the mid-70s.

Date: July 30, 2019 01:11

The first soundtrack was quadrophonic, but that kind of technology never took off.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 30, 2019 09:44

Got excited for a minute there ...

....Thought they'd found something to put together a decent quality new release from.

[Never mind . Back to sleep ]

Date: July 30, 2019 10:03

Bootleg.

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: July 30, 2019 15:25

If it is the Eagle Rock Entertainment-release we are talking about, it is official !
ERELP 815/1-2 was released 2010 as double vinyl, and was for 6 years the only official release of the soundtrack, - the CD came in 2017

Date: July 30, 2019 15:33

HenrikBB
If it is the Eagle Rock Entertainment-release we are talking about, it is official !
ERELP 815/1-2 was released 2010 as double vinyl, and was for 6 years the only official release of the soundtrack, - the CD came in 2017

Do you have info/a link to that release? In which context was it released? I never saw a deluxe box including that show on vinyl.

I have seen other bootlegs credited Eagle Rock Entertainment as well. Not to mention Promotone and RS Records.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 30, 2019 15:39

TheflyingDutchman

No they didn't. The official release is the best, even though it still isn't very good.

Mathijs

Date: July 30, 2019 15:50

Mathijs
TheflyingDutchman

No they didn't. The official release is the best, even though it still isn't very good.

Mathijs

Matter of taste then. To me on the official release the guitars sound completely castrated. Like they put plastic foil over it. That producer is quite a control freak confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 16:42 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: July 30, 2019 16:08

DandelionPowderman
HenrikBB

Do you have info/a link to that release? In which context was it released? I never saw a deluxe box including that show on vinyl.

I have seen other bootlegs credited Eagle Rock Entertainment as well. Not to mention Promotone and RS Records.

Apparently it was only released in Europe, - maybe as a promo-gimmick for the DVD-release, which came the same year. Back then, I found it strange that the soundtrack was only vinyl-released, and suspected it to be a boot, but it really seems to be legit ! It seems to be rather rare, - and hard-to-get these days.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 30, 2019 16:41

Official or otherwise ...the sound quality of that one was dubious to say the least.

It's a real shame that nothing of any real quality seems to have been captured from that tour.

[ I suppose we can live in hope ...just as we still hope that somebody will decide there's enough decent audio from Knebworth to put that out. ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 16:44 by Spud.

Date: July 30, 2019 17:04

DandelionPowderman
Bootleg.

Back in the study, - checking the record, - I think I must agree : It´s a bootleg !
It is the presence of 3 "Bonus Tracks" from the Montreaux-rehersals that convinces me !
I must admit that I haven't looked at, - or played these records for long, - but thanks for bringing this subject up !
Nice boot anyway - !

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 30, 2019 17:12

24FPS
I don't get this. Don't they have a quadrophonic soundtrack somewhere to Ladies and Gentlemen? That's what I heard when I saw it at a midnight showing in the mid-70s.

My DVD/BluRay whatever is quadraphonic (surround sound).

It seems the CD and the video otherwise is a folded down mix rather than an independent stereo mix, hence the lack of clarity and separation you'd expect from a dedicated stereo release.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 17:14 by TravelinMan.

Date: July 30, 2019 17:17

TheflyingDutchman
Mathijs
TheflyingDutchman

Mathijs

Matter of taste then. To me on the official release the guitars sound completely castrated. Like they put plastic foil over it. That producer is quite a control freak confused smiley

You know, I was listening to the CD yesterday and I thought "wow, they really hi-passed the Hell out of those guitars!"

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 17:18 by TravelinMan.

Date: July 30, 2019 22:56

TravelinMan
TheflyingDutchman
Mathijs
TheflyingDutchman

Mathijs

You know, I was listening to the CD yesterday and I thought "wow, they really hi-passed the Hell out of those guitars!"

smileys with beer

I'm glad you enjoy it.smileys with beer

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:03

The performance is great but the sound is s%#t. What a waste of energy... The Stones haven't released one desent live album, with the exception of Ya Yas Out. Even on that album one have to suffer from the stupid mix/ overdubs in stead of the far superior Gimme Shelter mix...

Date: July 31, 2019 00:22

<The Stones haven't released one desent live album>

What's wrong with The Brussels Affair, Live In Texas or even No Security? Great sound on all of those, imo.

The Camden EP from 1964 is also great-sounding.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:28

Also Hampton '81 is great and so is the '95 Stripped club show box. Tokyo '90 and Tokyo '95, Bremen 98. Love you live, LA '75, Leeds '82... there's enough great live stuff out there.

Date: July 31, 2019 00:45

What ever...

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:53

Hampton '81 sounds amazing no complaints with LA '75, Brussels '73, or Texas '78.

I thought someone on here said they were working on Philadelphia 72 for a Vault release but stopped working on it to switch to San Jose '99. '72 deserves a great release.

Date: July 31, 2019 01:05

TumblinDice76
Hampton '81 sounds amazing no complaints with LA '75, Brussels '73, or Texas '78.

I thought someone on here said they were working on Philadelphia 72 for a Vault release but stopped working on it to switch to San Jose '99. '72 deserves a great release.

I'd Philly is in the cards I hope they get the channels right. I'm tired of having Keith in the left channel on my bootlegs smiling smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:13

Not "only" on bootlegs unfortunately (Tokyo '90!)! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 31, 2019 02:45

HisBobness put out the 'rolling thunder revue' boxset. is it possible to do the same for the 'some girls' tour of 1978? how many quality recordings are there of the tour. you got palladium, fox theater, arena shows in lexington, st. paul, st. louis, stadiums in chicago, oakland.

Date: July 31, 2019 02:58

TumblinDice76

I thought someone on here said they were working on Philadelphia 72 for a Vault release but stopped working '72 deserves a great release.

No it doesn't. Let it rest in peace! They'll never get a '72 release right. Stick to '81 and onwards...

Date: July 31, 2019 03:03

I’ve enjoyed all the live stuff from Ya Ya’s to Texas. The ‘81 stuff sounds good too, but I don’t own it.

I was listening to ‘73 Perth today and I’m convinced they could release it. On Rambler there is even a part where Jagger’s vocals ping pong in the stereo field. I think Taylor has some sort of wacky phaser on that track for a few bars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-31 03:03 by TravelinMan.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home