Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Houston show 27-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: O2 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 11:23

Hi
the first two songs in PROSHOT

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 28, 2019 11:48

woke up this morning and watch most of the show thru links posted here from fb and periscope (great debbie)
very pleased to hear and watch
thank you smileys with beer

this is OOC from first row
video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 28, 2019 11:57

Is it only my impression, or the absence of crowd sound on ABC recording but Jagger seems to sound very good here live. Also here [www.youtube.com] good vocals, he is actually singing :-) Start Me Up.

O2
Hi
the first two songs in PROSHOT

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 12:03 by jumpingjackflash5.

Date: July 28, 2019 12:02

Keith is mostly focused on music. He runs the ship well. And plays (with occasional mistakes which I don't mind live at all) strong riffs, awesome timing and with big soul. That's great!

Sipuncula
Finally got home at 1AM after dropping everybody off seemingly all over the Houston area.

One of the best shows they've done out of the 10 I've seen since 1994. I've certainly been closer, and that brings something extra to the experience, but I could tell even from way back in the GA floor that they brought something special tonight.

Or should I say Mick Jagger did? Jagger is an absolute force of nature. It just doesn't seem possible that he turned 76 yesterday. Keith surprised him before his set by dragging him out and wishing him a happy birthday.

I have always been a Keith guy, but I'll have to admit he is not running the ship these days. Some had alluded to it before, but I saw it with my own eyes tonight. He just doesn't have the command. You can see it in his expression. He looks..befuddled. I hate to say that. He played fine. Ron was good as always. Great sax playing by Carl.

When the opener JJF started, I started to think my area was in for another muddy sounding disaster like I experienced in Arlington in 2015. But the sound started to improve over the next couple of songs, and the show really took off with Out of Control and never touched ground after that. Sweet Virginia and Dead Flowers on the B-stage were fantastic, and the sound, being a little quieter, was very well defined (is this how it is supposed to sound???). I was disappointed that Whip did not win the vote, but they played a great Heartbreaker. Paint it Black was great, and I never thought that one came off live very well previously. After the 2-song encore when Satisfaction ended and final bows went down I tried to grab everyone and go. The house lights didn't come up for a while and the crowd was still wanting more. A tease, I guess. Just for a minute there I started to think they were gonna come out and do one more. The screen said "see you soon". I think they will leave it at that.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 28, 2019 12:12

jumpingjackflash5
Keith is mostly focused on music. He runs the ship well. And plays (with occasional mistakes which I don't mind live at all) strong riffs, awesome timing and with big soul. That's great!

Sipuncula
Finally got home at 1AM after dropping everybody off seemingly all over the Houston area.

One of the best shows they've done out of the 10 I've seen since 1994. I've certainly been closer, and that brings something extra to the experience, but I could tell even from way back in the GA floor that they brought something special tonight.

Or should I say Mick Jagger did? Jagger is an absolute force of nature. It just doesn't seem possible that he turned 76 yesterday. Keith surprised him before his set by dragging him out and wishing him a happy birthday.

I have always been a Keith guy, but I'll have to admit he is not running the ship these days. Some had alluded to it before, but I saw it with my own eyes tonight. He just doesn't have the command. You can see it in his expression. He looks..befuddled. I hate to say that. He played fine. Ron was good as always. Great sax playing by Carl.

When the opener JJF started, I started to think my area was in for another muddy sounding disaster like I experienced in Arlington in 2015. But the sound started to improve over the next couple of songs, and the show really took off with Out of Control and never touched ground after that. Sweet Virginia and Dead Flowers on the B-stage were fantastic, and the sound, being a little quieter, was very well defined (is this how it is supposed to sound???). I was disappointed that Whip did not win the vote, but they played a great Heartbreaker. Paint it Black was great, and I never thought that one came off live very well previously. After the 2-song encore when Satisfaction ended and final bows went down I tried to grab everyone and go. The house lights didn't come up for a while and the crowd was still wanting more. A tease, I guess. Just for a minute there I started to think they were gonna come out and do one more. The screen said "see you soon". I think they will leave it at that.

Yes Keith and the boys looking and sounding great, its hard to believe their ages, these are very hot conditions to play in and the Stones are taking a big risk for the fans, I see little evidence of Keith struggling at this stage and Mick is just beyond description every night he performs, what an inspiration for us all, as long as the boys are out there doing this WE AREN'T OLD smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 12:12

Interesting proshot...
No sound filter.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 28, 2019 12:40

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
My first and probably only Stones concert and wow, im speechless! I wish I could have heard When The Whip Comes Down but oh well, Heartbreaker was still very cool. I got a bunch of pictures including quite a few of Mick and Keith when they shared the mic and sang together which was incredibly cool. Keith's playing was so incredibly good tonight it was unreal. His playing at the beginning of Honky Tonk Woman was loud and sharp, honestly one of the coolest things i've ever seen. I also lost my mind when they went into Sweet Virginia. So good!!! I worked hard at my crappy part time job, working extra hours while still going to high school so I could buy this ticket and man i'm so incredibly happy I bought it. Hope you all had as good of a night as I did!

Congratulations on your first Stones show. It sounds like you picked a real winner!
It's the real spirit - working hard at your sh*t job; saving up your dough and going to the Stones show. Did you take someone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 13:33 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 28, 2019 13:03

powerage78
Interesting proshot...
No sound filter.

Yeah I wonder if they add some extra compression on Charlie's drums to make them sound more powerful through the speakers, which might be missing in this proshot. Also the lack och room reverb and audience sound makes the band sound less impressive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 13:04 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: July 28, 2019 13:20

TheBlockbuster
powerage78
Interesting proshot...
No sound filter.

Yeah I wonder if they add some extra compression on Charlie's drums to make them sound more powerful through the speakers, which might be missing in this proshot. Also the lack och room reverb and audience sound makes the band sound less impressive.

The sound is dry, straight off the soundboard. No band sound impressive that way smiling smiley

They should speed up LSTNT.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 28, 2019 13:25

Luckily JJF is only 1:40 in the pro-shot. They seem to cut when Keith's guitar goes out of tune. Good. LSTNT is pedestrian.
I really don't get the superlatives. The wows and best ever comments. Is this the best ever? Really?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 28, 2019 13:32

DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster
powerage78
Interesting proshot...
No sound filter.

The sound is dry, straight off the soundboard. No band sound impressive that way :

Here is another example of a recording straight off the soundboard. You can hear how different it sounds compared to hearing it from out in the audience. [m.youtube.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 28, 2019 13:46

Stoneage

I really don't get the superlatives. The wows and best ever comments. Is this the best ever? Really?

Me either.
In fact, no one does because they're not there. Not one "best ever" in the entire thread. Really.

Great show though winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 13:50 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 28, 2019 13:58

You're right, Mr DDDD. Only better and better, wow, one of the better and great. Maybe I was thinking of earlier threads? But you're right I was overdoing it a bit...

Date: July 28, 2019 14:07

DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster
powerage78
Interesting proshot...
No sound filter.

The sound is dry, straight off the soundboard. No band sound impressive that way smiling smiley

They should speed up LSTNT.

Yep, they seriously need to watch the LSTNT Movie from the 81' tour, that's how to play LSTNT. Couldn't help notice Mick was a bit out of breath on that one last night after JJF. Keith's back up vocals made a nice change from Bernard doing all the work, I felt Bernard easing up there to let Keith come through clear, all good really though, no complaint's from this particular fan smiling smiley

Date: July 28, 2019 14:26

TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster
powerage78
Interesting proshot...
No sound filter.

The sound is dry, straight off the soundboard. No band sound impressive that way :

Here is another example of a recording straight off the soundboard. You can hear how different it sounds compared to hearing it from out in the audience. [m.youtube.com]

grinning smiley

Date: July 28, 2019 14:27

Stone4ever
ep, they seriously need to watch the LSTNT Movie from the 81' tour, that's how to play LSTNT

Back in 1981 they were in their late thirties. Now they are closing in on eighty. It's like saying to Björn Borg on the veteran tour that he should play like he did in 1981. Ask yourself: Is it possible?

The Rolling Stones - Houston TX 27-July-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 28, 2019 14:37

The Rolling Stones rock Houston with unforgettable, satisfaction-filled show

By Johnston Farrow
Jul 28, 2019

Jacob Power

The question of the night loomed over the proceedings with well over 50,000 packed into NRG Stadium: Can a band — all members over the age of 70 — still rock a huge crowd?

The answer: yes.

The Rolling Stones are well past their expiration date and defiantly so. They have been a going concern for over 50 years, the former rivals to The (freaking) Beatles and have assuredly turned their many hits into being the biggest band in the world, no questions asked. At this point, they are only on the road to prove they can outdo any young band that might think they can take on their mantle.

Lead singer Mick Jagger recently had heart valve replacement surgery, and he even acknowledged the postponement of the show that was supposed to be months ago, apologizing, in saying that he “f*cked everyone’s plans.” Drummer Charlie Watts is 78 years old, Ronnie Wood looks way better than he should, and Keith Richards, well, he is still walking.

Jokes aside, the Stones almost thrive on these thoughts to make converts anew, something they've been doing for decades. This was one helluva show and one that the Bayou City won't soon forget.

After a set by Bishop Gunn that would have made Black Crowes fans happy, the Stones came out to "Jumpin' Jack Flash," the 1968 hit that still had the resonant, exciting charge as the day it was released. A huge bank of video screens focused on the — Jagger, Richards, (Ronnie) Wood, and Watts — and showed that they still had the goods. Any concerns that Mick would be able to give his nimble best were destroyed as he pranced across the huge stage, his iconic moves still as vibrant as ever.

Between songs, Jagger alluded to their history at NRG Stadium, noting that they were the first band to ever play the venue after it opened in 2002. Later, he pointed out it had been 55 years since they had first played Houston, a mind-boggling fact to anyone born years after their start.

Fans of all ages showed their approval for their biggest songs — “Let’s Spend the Night Together,” a killer “Sympathy for the Devil,” and “Paint It Black” was everything and more that a fan could expect.

Significantly changing the setlist up from earlier in the tour made a statement and kept the audience on their toes. The early ’80s hit, "Start Me Up," that launched the modern Stones was a welcome addition. “Brown Sugar” and its extended jam closed out a killer first set.

The Stones pulled off the perfect one-two shot encore with the mind-blowing “Gimme Shelter,” back-up singer Lisa Fischer (sic) stealing the spotlight. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” had the entire stadium up and dancing, proving that good songs can never die, that people will continue to pay to see one of the most legendary acts to ever take the stage.

[houston.culturemap.com]

Date: July 28, 2019 14:39

Jacob Power

Date: July 28, 2019 14:41

Jacob Power

Date: July 28, 2019 14:42

Jacob Power

Date: July 28, 2019 14:44

Jacob Power

Date: July 28, 2019 14:44

Stoneage
Stone4ever
ep, they seriously need to watch the LSTNT Movie from the 81' tour, that's how to play LSTNT

Back in 1981 they were in their late thirties. Now they are closing in on eighty. It's like saying to Björn Borg on the veteran tour that he should play like he did in 1981. Ask yourself: Is it possible?

Yes but they play Rambler and JJF as good as ever, I'm sure Keith could play LSTNT just as well as 81' if he wanted to.

Date: July 28, 2019 14:45

Jacob Power

Date: July 28, 2019 14:47

Jacob Power

Date: July 28, 2019 14:49

Jacob Power

Date: July 28, 2019 15:09

Stoneage
You're right, Mr DDDD. Only better and better, wow, one of the better and great. Maybe I was thinking of earlier threads? But you're right I was overdoing it a bit...

thumbs up

yes. also is it really so disturbing that people,enjoying it and the moment, use superlatives that everyone knows that cant be true (ie: the band in their 70s better than in their ... etc etc)
is it so disturbing?

Date: July 28, 2019 15:22

is this supposed to be so average for a rs fan that he or she should impromptu react with a "yaaawn no way closer to 1976..."
?
video: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 15:30 by maumau.

Date: July 28, 2019 15:28

first row great sound & vision
happpy bday + td

video: [youtu.be]

Date: July 28, 2019 15:32

No, it's not Mamau. But in the same manner I don't think it's wrong that someone, who dares..., sometimes goes against the grain somewhat. For the cause of balance and realism.

Date: July 28, 2019 15:44

agree 100% Stoneage, very good to read here, from real fans that go to the concerts, reviews that look different from a Rolling Stone one cool smiley
they dont disturb me at all either

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home