Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Live Streams- Would you pay??
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 26, 2019 23:40

Was going to start an OT thread with info about a live webcast for the Tedeschi Trucks band (big fan) but then realized it's not so OT.

They are doing live streams from Red Rocks tonight and tomorrow.
The cost is $19.99 for the live video. I'm a fan but wouldn't pay that. I have seen them there several times and it will be exceptional as always, but a hard pass for me at that price.
[www.nugs.net]

If the Stones started charging for professional live streams from concerts, would fans like us pay? How much? If it was for a special concert like these at Red Rocks, or club gigs, I'm sure many would, I definitely would.
Like to see this as an option for shows as FB and Periscope can be great but also, not so great cool smiley

Re: Live Streams- Would you pay??
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2019 23:48

I paid $30 for the livestream in 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would probably pay for at least a couple of shows.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 26, 2019 23:52

Yes. Would be great in my opinion.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 26, 2019 23:57

Can you follow the live streams in Europ

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 27, 2019 03:35

YES YES YES!!!!

I'm a Phish phan and live stream shows a lot. Great camera work and sound.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 27, 2019 05:54

Honestly, no. They have plenty of my money and this stuff tends to become available. Half of Glastonbury was on the BBC but within days the whole concert was circulating. I believe that happened on purpose...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 27, 2019 09:11

nothing. I don't need live streams.
It's not sports. I mean you can enjoy watching concert video even though you know the 'results' before

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 27, 2019 10:19

I would pay for a few gigs of every tour - if available in Europe.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 27, 2019 12:23

Yes, I would pay for it, invite a friend with whom I have been to many Stones' shows before and have a blast.

How much would I pay for it? It it's a one-off on each tour I'd pay € 25 max.
If you can get a subscription which allows you to tune in to every show I'd say it should not be more than € 10 a show, if it's 20 shows that would add to € 200.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 27, 2019 13:17

If they live streamed the whole tour in perfect quality I would pay € 10 per show, it would be a fun experience to follow the tour live on this forum with something better than cellphone streams. Also it would give everyone a fair and valid impression of how good each show was which would generate better discussions in the live threads.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 27, 2019 13:24

I pay for Nugs Net on my phone: it also plays Bluesound vault, but the Springsteen gigs aren't available. I can console myself that I listen to lots of Gov't Mule gigs via this, and it's worth every penny.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 27, 2019 13:31

yeababyyea
...Also it would give everyone a fair and valid impression of how good each show was which would generate better discussions in the live threads.

Which is just one of the reasons why they wouldn't do it. And it's perfectly understandable, who would want such close scrutiny?

Date: July 27, 2019 13:39

No, you pay for the internet already. If I want to see my favourite artist I'll buy a ticket to see him live and enjoy the entourage of the venue. The live stream as pointed out above is just an ordinary business model.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 27, 2019 14:08

Neil Young’s got the right idea on this....

Date: July 27, 2019 14:31

Yeah, google...I'm the last one to forbid someone to pay for Live-Streams. It must feel like having sex with a blowup doll. If Neil Young likes that it's fine with me. Besides using the internet/ youtube/facebook that's a mighty fine way to promote yourself, albeit for two or three minutes. Good/smart musicians can make a living anyway. The competition is tough, always has been, with or without internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-27 14:38 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: July 27, 2019 14:45

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 27, 2019 15:24

I would just wait for the next day and get it free from a torrent site...smiling smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 27, 2019 15:42

Yes. If a person is unable to go to a show which is the majority of the people of the world for each show, one should be able to pay and watch it on screen if that service is offered.Now would that service affect the ticket sells? I don't know.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: July 27, 2019 15:50

Mr.D
I would just wait for the next day and get it free from a torrent site...smiling smiley

Exactly! No way I'm paying!

Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: July 27, 2019 16:15

Lately I compile a playlist and watch them for free on Youtube, a couple days after the concert. I'd definitely pay for soundboard quality audio on these recent shows, but more like a lower price point, like the Who's live downloads, which were around $10 or less per show. Now that the tours are shorter, each individual show is more special. I'm actually more interested in each individual show now, than I've ever been in my personsl history with the band

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 27, 2019 19:23

I think I would!

Date: July 27, 2019 19:38

TurningToGold2
Lately I compile a playlist and watch them for free on Youtube, a couple days after the concert. I'd definitely pay for soundboard quality audio on these recent shows, but more like a lower price point, like the Who's live downloads, which were around $10 or less per show. Now that the tours are shorter, each individual show is more special. I'm actually more interested in each individual show now, than I've ever been in my personsl history with the band

Agree with this.. the individual shows are more special than ever.
Seems selling more affordable access (<$20 or reasonable package price for the tour) to countries or areas where they're not playing, wouldn't impact ticket sales and generate decent revenue. Even though most would become available online after the event, I love watching these shows live! Next best thing to being there.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 27, 2019 19:59

No.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 27, 2019 20:57

The tours are getting shorter and we all know that the last cannot be very far away. For those of us who are watching from thousands of miles awsy now, a paid live stream at a reasonable price would be nice - as long as it was available worldwide, because they would certainly take steps to prevent any amateur efforts competing with it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2019 23:10

If they did it like Neil Young - $20 per year for access to all the archives (all studio material as well as unreleased deep cuts), presale codes, and a few livestream shows sprinkled in - yes.
Otherwise, for a single livestream Stones show, I'd pay $1.00 at the most and that would have to include a download of the show itself when it was over.

Date: July 28, 2019 00:34

The Good News:
The Stones have announced they're also going to do a Red Rocks show and live stream it when they're in the neighborhood for the upcoming Denver gig spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Bad News: (for some)
It's going to cost $1.50 and doesn't include download winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 28, 2019 01:45

A live stream from the Red Rocks for $1.50? You bet. Are any of the digits wrong in the price?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 28, 2019 02:18

Wow, BV just closed the Buffalo 2015 concert thread to comments and deleted all the recently posted comments. Someone else opened it but there were at least a half dozen new comments. Is that off topic because it's from a show four years ago?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 28, 2019 02:29

The Sicilian
Wow, BV just closed the Buffalo 2015 concert thread to comments and deleted all the recently posted comments. Someone else opened it but there were at least a half dozen new comments. Is that off topic because it's from a show four years ago?

Must be an aberration; Why not have a discussion of previous concerts regardless of dateline? Some folks feel differently about a concert over time if they can remember the details or not.

Date: July 28, 2019 02:30

The Sicilian

I've seen him request on multiple occasions for people to "not disturb old threads".
Not sure the reason exactly, but I believe it messes with his computer program.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home