Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: No Filter Live Album
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 26, 2019 10:32

Probably be another 'compilation' live album .. .... (haha .. forget I said it).

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 26, 2019 17:36

An album of all the best song votes.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 26, 2019 18:28

24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS
I'll bet you could play Tumblin' Dice from any concert since 2005 and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Unless it was some kind of rarities collection, why would you possibly ever need a Rolling Stones live album, again? It's not like anything changes. Same backup musicians. Same everything. Tours used to be distinctive. That ended after No Security.

What about Street Fightin' Man or Monk' Man? Midnite Ramble? Jumping Jack Flash?
It's Only Rock'N'Roll (But I Likes It)?

Yes, those would sound the same too. Tumblin' Dice was just used as an example. Even the 'rarities' have turned into warhorses. No other band has such an exciting catalogue with such depth to draw from. It truly is a disappoint to the seasoned fan. Their concerts are for the casual fan with money to burn. Their songs have lost all resonance. It's a nostalgia trip. Bill saw it coming.

As long as they don't include You Got Me Rockin or Sympths For The Devil. Although Jumping Jack Flash might work. Midnite Ramblers would be good. Ya Can't Aways Git What Ya Wants isn't necessary.

In fact, a NO FILTER live album is completely unnecessary, it already exists - all they need to do is just re-release this, since it's almost the same

Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 20:07

I know this idea is way too "out there" for the Stones machine to even contemplate, but they should release soundboards of every single show, as downloads, a day or two after the show, like many other major bands do. At a reasonable price, I would buy them ALL. I bought several from the Who on their last go-round, and I'm not even really THAT BIG of a Who fan. I bought the Who show I was at, as a souvenir, and then picked up a couple others that looked cool or had different surprises in the set lists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-26 20:08 by TurningToGold2.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 26, 2019 20:40

snorton
An album of all the best song votes.

Sounds like a winner.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 21:06

Without any overdubs ? Come on...

TurningToGold2
I know this idea is way too "out there" for the Stones machine to even contemplate, but they should release soundboards of every single show, as downloads, a day or two after the show, like many other major bands do. At a reasonable price, I would buy them ALL. I bought several from the Who on their last go-round, and I'm not even really THAT BIG of a Who fan. I bought the Who show I was at, as a souvenir, and then picked up a couple others that looked cool or had different surprises in the set lists.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 26, 2019 21:35

It would be a disaster because like others have already said - They have done that. Still Life it would not be.thumbs down

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 26, 2019 23:49

Please no!!! We've got Honk Live, and that's already tough to digest even for hard-nosed seasoned fans. We don't need more of that. And then, think of all the studio time needed to brush tracks up for release. They better invest that studio time in the new album-in progess.

With a live documentation of every tour since 1975, yet another life album would make sense only if containing songs that were never heard live before, properly played. They're not playing songs that were never heard live before, and I doubt their present playing "quality" is such that they could do without a ton of overdubs. It doesn't look like there will ever be a concert round these days with new stuff or stuff they haven't done live before.

Date: July 27, 2019 01:56

This might work:

Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Midnight Rambler

Date: July 27, 2019 04:20

GasLightStreet
This might work:

Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Midnight Rambler

Add Rpcks Off, Mercy, Mercy & Whip comes Down (TBD)

Date: July 27, 2019 10:24

Add Fool To Cry while you're at it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-27 10:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 27, 2019 10:52

GasLightStreet
This might work:

Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Midnight Rambler

it might work for people like us but not for the general public. They won't buy a live album without greatest hits

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: July 27, 2019 11:07

17 vote song winners TOUR special download only!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 27, 2019 12:01

ukcal
17 vote song winners TOUR special download only!

The fan vote songs for the most part have been rough. Probably because they aren't played often enough to get them more polished. There are better live versions of most of these songs available already to make it a worthwhile investment for the Stones to release them. The best we can hope for is a DVD release of one of the shows on the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-27 12:09 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 27, 2019 13:39

Was Midnight Rambler a Song Vote winner? - Can someone confirmed? I wouldn't think this warhorse would be on a song Vote.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 27, 2019 13:47

I would love a No Filter new music recording studio album

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 27, 2019 21:06

mtaylor
I would love a No Filter new music recording studio album

From your fingertips to Mick and Keith's ears. I'd prefer that, too.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: July 27, 2019 21:47

I don’t know how the other song vote winners faired but Rocks Off was done well in DC.

Date: July 29, 2019 01:18

slewan
GasLightStreet
This might work:

Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Midnight Rambler

it might work for people like us but not for the general public. They won't buy a live album without greatest hits

Oh really. Like the last few that sold so incredibly well? It seems that it would be 'Why bother' if it had the 315th live versions of JJF, BS, SMU etc.

Which is what a lot of people probably would say.

So with Fool To Cry and one other tune included, this would be a much more interesting live album than what FLASHPOINT and disc 1 of LIVE LICKS and the horrible SHINE A LIGHT and whatever else that's come out since with all the same tracks on them, like HAVANA MOON and SWEET SUMMER SUN...

Street Fighting Man
Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia
Fool To Cry
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Midnight Rambler

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 29, 2019 02:01

GasLightStreet
slewan
GasLightStreet
This might work:

Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Midnight Rambler

Oh really. Like the last few that sold so incredibly well? It seems that it would be 'Why bother' if it had the 315th live versions of JJF, BS, SMU etc.

Which is what a lot of people probably would say.

So with Fool To Cry and one other tune included, this would be a much more interesting live album than what FLASHPOINT and disc 1 of LIVE LICKS and the horrible SHINE A LIGHT and whatever else that's come out since with all the same tracks on them, like HAVANA MOON and SWEET SUMMER SUN...

Street Fighting Man
Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia
Fool To Cry
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Bitch
Midnight Rambler

I would delete Midnight Rambler and include 2 other rarer tracks in place of it. Maybe include Mercy Mercy and Hearbreaker or something like that. Bitch and Street Fighting Man are played fairly often as well.

According to the statistics on Setlist.fm. Midnight Rambler (#11), Street Fighting Man (#13) and Bitch (#19) are the rankings for these songs in the frequency which they have been played live over the years.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 02:10 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 29, 2019 02:07

I don't think many people would waste their money to buy another "Live" album,how many times can they repackage the same songs live?.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 29, 2019 03:13

On a new Stones tour people would complain that the Stones play many of the same war horses again on tour. They didn't notice the changes in the arrangements.

I noticed the changes. Sometimes I'd really notice after the tour with repeated listens. Lately, I don't notice any major changes. A post above did point out some changes.

I have to agree since No Security there's not much of change in the songs.

Mercy Mercy should be included in the set list at every show and it would be great to get a live recording of it.

I'm glad to get Honk with the live disc. Dead Flowers, Mr D, She's a Rainbow and Get Off My Cloud are particularly cool. It took a few listens that Off My Cloud is very cool.

I thought Fool to Cry would have been great on Honk:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: July 29, 2019 03:32

how bout new studio album...we have 100 live obes with these same warhorses already.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 29, 2019 03:51

Well, a live release with "Godz" (Godzi from Wyman's Black Box choice?) followed by "We Love You" - as seen on the stage screen during the web choice introduction - plus "Mercy Mercy" could tempt me... but not much else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 03:52 by retired_dog.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 29, 2019 03:54

exilestones
On a new Stones tour people would complain that the Stones play many of the same war horses again on tour. They didn't notice the changes in the arrangements.

I noticed the changes. Sometimes I'd really notice after the tour with repeated listens. Lately, I don't notice any major changes. A post above did point out some changes.

I have to agree since No Security there's not much of change in the songs.

It's true than on past tours they changed the arrangements more. Brown Sugar and Jumping Jack Flash was played a bit different on each tour. Like on BTB-tour they were played a bit slower and grittier than on the VL-tour and during the Licks tour they were played much faster again.

One reason the arrangements stay the same is their age but also the consistent touring every year leaves less room for new approaches and it's easier to just play the same version every tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 05:30 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 29, 2019 09:25

No No Filter Live Album.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 29, 2019 09:36

ROPENI
I don't think many people would waste their money to buy another "Live" album,how many times can they repackage the same songs live?.....

Well folks evidently keep buying the various vaults and similar releases in viable numbers ...so there must be some market for it extending beyond the IORR membership grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home