Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Best show of the 2019 tour so far ??
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2019 14:19

Max...just a preliminary check
but are you over 18 years of age ????? ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: July 27, 2019 01:00

I was only at the DC show so im bias but i think
the setlist on paper was the best so far

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 27, 2019 02:03

So far, this is what ive been to. Philly, the band was tight, best musically. DC had the best setlist imho.

Chi 1
DC
Phi

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 27, 2019 03:41

Just for Mercy Mercy and the qualité of the band's performance that night, I would imagine D.C.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 27, 2019 20:00

Well above that Rocky mate! Nearing my Hampton Roads (38th)....smileys with beer

But can I use the stuff with the old lady??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 16:58 by MadMax.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 29, 2019 06:42

Foxboro because we got Gary Clarke Jr to come out & join the band for the ONLY BLUES NUMBER DONE SO FAR, " Ride 'Em On Down!" Plus he did a blistering opening set AND we got " Playing With Fire" that was amazing LIVE! Ronnie was on Fire, the band was EXPLOSIVE! Just my humble opinion! LOL!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 29, 2019 07:06

mickschix
Foxboro because we got Gary Clarke Jr to come out & join the band for the ONLY BLUES NUMBER DONE SO FAR, " Ride 'Em On Down!" Plus he did a blistering opening set AND we got " Playing With Fire" that was amazing LIVE! Ronnie was on Fire, the band was EXPLOSIVE! Just my humble opinion! LOL!!!

Ahem..
Chicago 2 we got Ride 'Em On Down and Play with Fire.
As well as Monkey Man and Sweet Virginia smiling smiley

No offense to Gary Clark Jr fans.. I've seen him open for them and sit in as well and am thankful we got just the band for the blues number.. Chicago 2 still gets my vote. Hoping for that to perhaps change after these next NJ shows
(or west coast after that) though cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 07:07 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 29, 2019 08:26

But can I use the stuff with the old lady??

only if you want her to leave you ….. hhhaaaahuhuhhhaaahhee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 29, 2019 12:11

mickschix

Yes Gary Clark’s set was great, but the Stones portion was a little too forced. And then we had the MR mess lol. From accounts the three subsequent shows have been stronger

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 29, 2019 13:14

would be interested to know, how are songs like midnight rambler, street fighting man, paint it black, gimme shelter comparing from recent shows to the european leg on the 2018 tour, i thought those songs at venues in warsaw, berlin and stuttgart last year were some of the best stones moments ever, they played them with so much intensity, soa re they better this time around.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 29, 2019 16:59

Ahh well then I'll get her blindfolded…… Listening is underestimated ya know...

Date: July 29, 2019 19:56

AHEM....MISTERDDDD, but the STONES LOVE BOSTON BEST!!!! LOL!!!!!! And I prefer to see Mick & Company WITH Gary Clark playing " Ride 'Em On Down....just MY preference! Who said Rambler was a mess in Foxboro.....really? I think this might have been the longest set so far with 20 songs....see, I told you theSTONES LOVE FOXBORO/BOSTON BEST!!! smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 29, 2019 20:38

mickschix
AHEM....MISTERDDDD, but the STONES LOVE BOSTON BEST!!!! LOL!!!!!! And I prefer to see Mick & Company WITH Gary Clark playing " Ride 'Em On Down....just MY preference! Who said Rambler was a mess in Foxboro.....really? I think this might have been the longest set so far with 20 songs....see, I told you theSTONES LOVE FOXBORO/BOSTON BEST!!! smoking smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Yeah. I've heard the Stones are not big fans of playing the blues in Chicago winking smiley
*also, both Chicago sets.. 20 songs cool smiley

Which other shows you attending if any mickschix?, we can settle this over an arm wrestle drinking smiley

Date: July 29, 2019 21:27

Maindefender, can you expound a little on why you said that the Stones set was " forced" in Foxboro? Or did you mean just the song with Gary Clark, which I thought was really raw and powerful blues...especially Mick on harp. I'm curious to hear how others actually " hear" the Stones.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 29, 2019 21:32

Philadelphia but DC had Mercy Mercy.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 29, 2019 21:51

mickschix
Maindefender, can you expound a little on why you said that the Stones set was " forced" in Foxboro? Or did you mean just the song with Gary Clark, which I thought was really raw and powerful blues...especially Mick on harp. I'm curious to hear how others actually " hear" the Stones.

Keith was less energetic and to me it reflected in a disappointing performance. It hurt me that he couldn't do the solo on IORR. One of the worst MR's.

Witness Out Of Control from Houston, the Mick-Keith face-off didn't occur. Mick even stated that Keith gets tired, maybe it's time despite the promise of more tours.

I already gave my report in the Foxboro thread. My prior show was Buffalo '15, much different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 00:47 by Maindefender.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 30, 2019 02:30

Maindefender
mickschix

Keith was less energetic and to me it reflected in a disappointing performance. It hurt me that he couldn't do the solo on IORR. One of the worst MR's.

Witness Out Of Control from Houston, the Mick-Keith face-off didn't occur. Mick even stated that Keith gets tired, maybe it's time despite the promise of more tours.

I already gave my report in the Foxboro thread. My prior show was Buffalo '15, much different.

Yes Buffalo 2015 was one of the best and a great setlist. When did Mick say Keith
gets tired?

Date: July 30, 2019 02:40

When did Mick say Keith gets tired?….

.........…. about a week ago

Mick:
"We don’t know what will happen after the tour, we’re trying to finish the new album, maybe we’ll make it and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones, so we’re trying to do a good job.
Keith, if it was for him, would always be on tour, like Dylan, but then he too gets tired. He often says it’s his last tour, but I have doubts about it. It is possible that if we don’t other big tours, we could perform in some spot festivals, as happened with Desert Trip, we’ll see”

[www.videomuzic.eu]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 30, 2019 02:48

I wasn't there, but so far I like the Houston set list the best. I'd love to hear Mercy Mercy though.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: July 31, 2019 21:44

I recently read that MR at Foxboro was deliberately flubbed by Keith as a sort of joke..not sure if I believe it...and Mick was pissed at the response it got from the crowd...Not enough crowd participation perhaps. Can anyone confirm or reply to this claim?
Thanks, ROCKMAN, for posting Mick's quote on Keith being tired...I hadn't heard this remark or the comment about this being the last Stones album...IF they finish it. It's going to be a very bitter pill for all of us to swallow if they actually come out and SAY " This is IT...fini..no more new material..ever!". We may have known this for a long time, deep inside but actually having them admit it is tough...confused smiley

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:14

I'll chime in on the Chicago/Foxboro front - as I was at Chicago 2 and Foxboro (I live near Boston). Both were tremendous. I had LD for Chicago, that put me way up in the nosebleeds, (Ronnie's) side of stage. Foxboro I was in Gen Adm with a bunch of friends, so overall I had a better time in Foxboro. (For my money Gen Adm at back of the field for this tour is a great spot!).
I do think the Rambler in Chicago was better though - even without the great, bizarre Rambler controversy of Foxboro. Interesting too that those two shows are the only ones to have Ride 'em on Down (so far).
And yes, has someone else noted - the 2015 Buffalo show was stellar. Maybe the best Rambler of many of the one's I've heard.
So - Best show of the Tour? Really sounds like DC had a special set list - in addition to Mercy Mercy, Let it Bleed seems to be pretty rare these days. I don't think I've seen it since it was a regular on the '81 tour. They all are of such high quality though now, with this 'new' 15 or so singular dates model, that it's tough to pick one 'best' from the band's perspective. They're all great - it's which was the best combination of things for 'you.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 00:18 by DEmerson.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:37

I’ve been to every show so far accept Chicago 2. My vote goes to Jacksonville. Best show and best crowd. Boston hands down boring crowd

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 18:05

was at chi 1/2 Nola Jacksonville Philly -- my vote is Chicago 2, but I also realized part of it was the surprise of 2120 being played on the B-stage walk, the blues tidbit (come into my kitchen or you gotta move I think) put into Midnight Rambler, and the # of different songs between chi 1 and chi 2 (wasn't it like a 7 song difference?). If I had simply been following the shows online and waited to see my first show later in the tour my thoughts might be different because all those unique bits are kinda still there

2nd choice was chi 1 because that was the first time I've heard You Got The Silver live. wish he'd play it each show

Date: August 3, 2019 22:14

MISTERDDD. I don't think I'll be going to another show but I'll take a raincheck on the arm wrestling! LOL. I agree with Demerson who said it depends what YOU'RE looking for in a show, which songs you prefer etc. I can live without MISS YOU and Honky Tonk Women but I read so many rave reviews about the performance on this tour of those 2 songs...I would prefer MONKEY MAN or Live With Me, and HAPPY as one of the Keith songs but we did not get this in Foxboro....I see now they've dusted off " She's A Rainbow" which I LOVE....I'll have to just be content that I got to see MY BAND on this fabulous tour!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 3, 2019 22:27

So far I did Chicago, Jacksonville, Philly and Met Life 1.
Jacksonville was still the best for me.
Met Life 2 up next. hot smiley

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: August 3, 2019 22:39

Of the two I've been to, Philly over MetLife 1, but they are very consistently playing at a high level so it more or less comes down to song selection and Philly had more rockers!

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 6, 2019 15:17

NEW JERSEY I !!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 6, 2019 15:29

More Hot Rocks
I’ve been to every show so far accept Chicago 2. My vote goes to Jacksonville. Best show and best crowd. Boston hands down boring crowd
Yep, compared to a lot of the footage I've seen from other shows, I've sadly come to the conclusion that the Foxborough show I attended was a bit of a dud, both performance-wise and crowd-wise.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 6, 2019 15:41

Rockman
When did Mick say Keith gets tired?….

.........…. about a week ago

Mick:
"We don’t know what will happen after the tour, we’re trying to finish the new album, maybe we’ll make it and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones, so we’re trying to do a good job.
Keith, if it was for him, would always be on tour, like Dylan, but then he too gets tired. He often says it’s his last tour, but I have doubts about it. It is possible that if we don’t other big tours, we could perform in some spot festivals, as happened with Desert Trip, we’ll see”

[www.videomuzic.eu]
What kind of a half-assed, hack interview is that? It doesn't even sound like Mick...who conducted the interview? Where? When?

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: August 6, 2019 15:43

I was at Landover/DC and NJ 1. Really hard to decide, because both were special in their own way. Mercy, Mercy was such an awesome moment.

I think I’d have to go with NJ 1 though, because it had more of my favorite songs on the setlist.

I’ve had such a great time, I’m really tempted to catch them again in Miami.

-Cam

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home