Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone Think The Echoplex Concert Will Be Released?
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 23, 2019 19:01

The footage I've seen from this concert is awesome! Would love for them to release it for the archive series.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Anyone Think The Echoplex Concert Will Be Released?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 23, 2019 19:58

These pre-tour gigs are nothing more than public rehearsals to give the band (= Keef and Ron) a good kick in the butt.
So the chances that this one or the Trabendo gig will be released amount to nil imo. Jagger would much prefer releasing a middle of the tour well-oiled concert.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 23, 2019 20:41

Valid point dcba, but that didn't stop them from releasing the Fonda Theater show '15 - the first show of the Zip Code tour.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 23, 2019 23:18

JohnnyBGoode
The footage I've seen from this concert is awesome! Would love for them to release it for the archive series.

[www.youtube.com]

I am right at the end of this clip in the white shirt ;-)

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 23, 2019 23:19

Hairball
Valid point dcba, but that didn't stop them from releasing the Fonda Theater show '15 - the first show of the Zip Code tour.

Or the Stones archive digital release of Light The Fuse.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 23, 2019 23:20

Hairball

Completely different situation, Fonda was paid for by the record company and professionally filmed with the intention of releasing it to further promote the Sticky Fingers rerelease. No phones were allowed which was actually totally awesome, everyone just enjoyed it.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 23:21

JohnnyBGoode

[www.youtube.com]
Ehh, this clip certainly doesn't sound worthy of release. This is a rusty band getting tuned up.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 23, 2019 23:26

keefriff99
JohnnyBGoode

[www.youtube.com]
Ehh, this clip certainly doesn't sound worthy of release. This is a rusty band getting tuned up.

I was too polite to say it but I feel the same...

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 02:46

would love a release of the european leg of the 2018 tour.

warsaw, prague, berlin, stuttgart having some great moments which i have watched over and over again on youtube, some of great quality.

they could mix it up with some warhorses from all of these gigs mixed in with some rarities.

street fighting man
midnight rambler
paint it black

several versions

from all these cities

add in the usual jj flash, brown sugar, start me up, one version from a selected city

then

like a rolling stone
bitch
lets spend the night together
shes a rainbow
fool to cry

double or treble cd/vinyl and dvd.

Date: July 24, 2019 04:14

i've been wondering the same for a long while now. Seems like one of the most interesting concerts they've played in a while.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 24, 2019 04:20

mattleeuk
Hairball

Completely different situation, Fonda was paid for by the record company and professionally filmed with the intention of releasing it to further promote the Sticky Fingers rerelease. No phones were allowed which was actually totally awesome, everyone just enjoyed it.

Yes quite a difference, but also similarities such as the fact it was a small show at the beginning of a tour which is the main point I was making in reply to dcba (see his original post near top of thread).

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 04:28

Well I just looked that show up...it's a damn great setlist. I'd definitely buy it if it was ever released, but based on that Brown Sugar clip, they were shaking quite a bit of rust off. Maybe the rest of the night was superior.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 24, 2019 07:42

keefriff99
JohnnyBGoode

[www.youtube.com]

I like the sound of a rusty band getting tuned up.
Neil Young has sounded like he’s been warming up for 70 years.

Date: July 24, 2019 10:11

buttons67
would love a release of the european leg of the 2018 tour.

warsaw, prague, berlin, stuttgart having some great moments which i have watched over and over again on youtube, some of great quality.

they could mix it up with some warhorses from all of these gigs mixed in with some rarities.

street fighting man
midnight rambler
paint it black

several versions

from all these cities

add in the usual jj flash, brown sugar, start me up, one version from a selected city

then

like a rolling stone
bitch
lets spend the night together
shes a rainbow
fool to cry

double or treble cd/vinyl and dvd.

Would be cool, but we just got the Honk live tracks...

Date: July 24, 2019 10:13

keefriff99
Well I just looked that show up...it's a damn great setlist. I'd definitely buy it if it was ever released, but based on that Brown Sugar clip, they were shaking quite a bit of rust off. Maybe the rest of the night was superior.

There was some problems during Love In Vain, too, if memory serves.

I never heard that rendition myself, though, only people who were there talking about it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home