Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Is 2019 last of The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 27, 2019 18:42

bv
This is not rocket science. They will tour as long as they can, and this year we all see they are still capable of touring for quite a while. Also, there are inside info I can't spread here, because then those rumours just come back like a boomerang, I would not know if that was from me or from others, so I will just advice anyone to look into the past tour dates, then figure out what is coming next naturally. When this US summer tour is over, I think it is more natural to talk about the "next" tour.

Having said that, if you are sitting on the fence waiting for the Stones to come to your city, then may be you will be sitting on your fence for still a while. I have said this since 2012, don't count on eternal touring.

Like a boomerang? Ah, so, down under again? :-)

Rod

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 28, 2019 12:16

bitusa2012
bv
This is not rocket science. They will tour as long as they can, and this year we all see they are still capable of touring for quite a while. Also, there are inside info I can't spread here, because then those rumours just come back like a boomerang, I would not know if that was from me or from others, so I will just advice anyone to look into the past tour dates, then figure out what is coming next naturally. When this US summer tour is over, I think it is more natural to talk about the "next" tour.

Having said that, if you are sitting on the fence waiting for the Stones to come to your city, then may be you will be sitting on your fence for still a while. I have said this since 2012, don't count on eternal touring.

After US in 2013, we got Australia. After US 2015, we got South America. Seems lik it is Australia.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 28, 2019 13:05

mtaylor
bitusa2012
bv

After US in 2013, we got Australia. After US 2015, we got South America. Seems lik it is Australia.

I guess No Filter Asia-Pacific leg includes Japan, Australia, New Zealand and some east asian big cities.smiling smiley

Date: July 28, 2019 15:22

a bigger nut
mtaylor
bitusa2012
bv

I guess No Filter Asia-Pacific leg includes Japan, Australia, New Zealand and some east asian big cities.smiling smiley
Maybe also a concert in Abu Dhabi.
And like in 2014 a few shows in Europe - Rock in Rio is in Lisbon 2020.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 28, 2019 16:11

What is their history of playing in China?

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 16:13

peoplewitheyes
What is their history of playing in China?

They've played Shanghai and Macau, I believe?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 28, 2019 16:13

They recently played many shows across Europe in 2017 and 2018 so no reason to think they will play in Europe next year.

Nate

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 28, 2019 16:15

Australia/Asia is next, around February/March 2020.
Japan, Australia, New Zealand, India, China, Thailand, maybe 1 or 2 more.

A few dates in South America are on the cards too, but financially Argentina is way off with a davaluation of over 150% since their last visit in 2016, so that's a bit cold by now but they are talking with promoters.

No US or Europe dates in 2020.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 28, 2019 16:16

DandelionPowderman
Did they play NO in 2005?

New Orleans? No. 1978, 1981, 1989, 1994, 2019.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 28, 2019 17:03

I think they will make a brief run into their seventh decade in 2020 and then it's over as a touring band.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 28, 2019 17:15

How bout Indonesia or Thailand or Hawaii (yes, I know this is US).

Date: July 28, 2019 17:17

The Sicilian
I think they will make a brief run into their seventh decade in 2020 and then it's over as a touring band.

Brief, as in 2022: their 60th anniversary?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 28, 2019 17:21

DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian

Brief, as in 2022: their 60th anniversary?

I don't think they'll make it that far. Seven decades is a nice alternative and a huge accomplishment. Maybe a one-off if possible for 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 17:24 by The Sicilian.

Date: July 28, 2019 17:47

They could make one-off festival appearances? Glastonbury again?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 28, 2019 19:09

This is what the video screen said after the show in Houston last night:

SEE YOU SOON

Bjornulf

Date: July 28, 2019 19:11

I hope it ain't.
They roll very well.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: July 28, 2019 19:20

bv
This is what the video screen said after the show in Houston last night:

SEE YOU SOON

Bjornulf

I saw that!

This was something new last night? Nice!

Date: July 28, 2019 19:22

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Did they play NO in 2005?

New Orleans? No. 1978, 1981, 1989, 1994, 2019.

That's what I thought.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 28, 2019 19:49

Since the start of the No Filter tour in 2017 the video screen says SEE YOU SOON.

Date: July 28, 2019 21:10

WelshEdge1
They could make one-off festival appearances? Glastonbury again?
Or Hyde Park.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 28, 2019 22:18

This band is not stopping unless Charlie pulls the plug, or a very big health issue.

MJ is in a couple of months after heart surgery. There is no quitting.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 28, 2019 22:58

Time to update this poster for the latter part of their career:

- Heart valves
- Cancer
- Coconut trees
- Bad albums
- No albums
- Bad songs

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 28, 2019 22:59

spunky
Since the start of the No Filter tour in 2017 the video screen says SEE YOU SOON.

I have probably seen the message many times during the past two years or so, while walking out of the stadiums. Normally I don't pay much attention to the screen, but last night in Houston they turned off all lights in the stadium, after the band had left, and the lights had went on. Then they brough the message up on the screen - "SEE YOU SOON". No wonder many fans stopped and returned for a brief moment, until the lights went back on.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 23:01 by bv.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 29, 2019 00:14

I really hope South America get the next leg of The Tour,whenever that may be...………..as they have so many fantastic fans in that whole continent.
My first trip to South America to see The Rolling Stones in Brasil was one of the very best experiences of my life......….and I'm 67 years old now. smileys with beer

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: July 29, 2019 00:32

Another US leg next year ??

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 29, 2019 00:57

Hairball
Time to update this poster for the latter part of their career:

- Heart valves
- Cancer
- Coconut trees
- Bad albums
- No albums
- Bad songs

Shouldn't it be totally based on fact and not any fiction?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 29, 2019 11:29

As we start to get very close to 2020 ...at which point 2022 won't seem very far away...you can't help thinking that the 60th might now be some kind of incentive for the spirit if the body remains willing.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 29, 2019 12:49

jaggerman
Another US leg next year ??

Read above

Nate

Date: July 29, 2019 14:18

So on Wikipedia, someone has edited the No Filter tour page with "Australia 2020" and some stadiums. No dates. I think someone is just playing around, I doubt the person who edited the page has an idea about next year... but who knows.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 29, 2019 14:19

Nate
They recently played many shows across Europe in 2017 and 2018 so no reason to think they will play in Europe next year.

Nate

Agreed about Europe. However, as a British band, the U.K. should always be on the cards; be that series of performances, or merely a one-off.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home