Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Is 2019 last of THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2019 09:06

We've been waiting for this fakakte new album so long, it can't possible live up to expectations. Can it really be better, or even as good as Blue and Lonesome? The setlist is already crowded with trying to squeeze in a 'rarity' or two before beating the dead warhorses over and over. Now even those spots will be taken with some new cuts? With the way Mick frets over that? They might put one, possibly two, if one of them is Keith's in the set, and then pare it down to one, if one is a reasonable hit. We've seen this with Doom and Gloom, and Rough Justice.

I wish they'd knock it off, take up a residency somewhere, with the advertisement that they'll be mixing up the setlists. Enough with the money. Have a little artistic pride.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 25, 2019 09:54

I think they will keep on touring as long as The Who and Paul McCartney will.
They want to be the last.
PRIDE.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 25, 2019 17:53

24FPS
We've been waiting for this fakakte new album so long, it can't possible live up to expectations. Can it really be better, or even as good as Blue and Lonesome? The setlist is already crowded with trying to squeeze in a 'rarity' or two before beating the dead warhorses over and over. Now even those spots will be taken with some new cuts? With the way Mick frets over that? They might put one, possibly two, if one of them is Keith's in the set, and then pare it down to one, if one is a reasonable hit. We've seen this with Doom and Gloom, and Rough Justice.

I wish they'd knock it off, take up a residency somewhere, with the advertisement that they'll be mixing up the setlists. Enough with the money. Have a little artistic pride.

It was on the second US and euro-legs of the ABB-tour that they only played one ABB-track. That was round two years after the album and tour start. D&G is not really a valid comparison.

In 2005 they played RJ, BOMH, ONNYA, Infamy, TPIE and sometimes Rain Fall Down. + they played Streets Of Love a few times in Europe in 2006 and It Won't Take Long a couple of times in 2005 in the US..

Date: July 25, 2019 17:56

powerage78
PRIDE.

They won't beat Chuck smoking smiley

Date: July 25, 2019 18:00

Well, they did...smoking smiley

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
PRIDE.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 25, 2019 18:09

frankotero wrote: "Yes, this and the next 5 tours. Isn't that what Mick said at the B2B tour press conference?"

I think Keith said that. Mick "answered"...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 25, 2019 18:10

DandelionPowderman
24FPS

It was on the second US and euro-legs of the ABB-tour that they only played one ABB-track. That was round two years after the album and tour start. D&G is not really a valid comparison.

In 2005 they played RJ, BOMH, ONNYA, Infamy, TPIE and sometimes Rain Fall Down. + they played Streets Of Love a few times in Europe in 2006 and It Won't Take Long a couple of times in 2005 in the US..

The only show ever with five ABB songs was Vienna, nearly a year after the release. But soon they recognised that a lot of people do not really explode during Rain Fall Down and it became a rarity. The great This Place Is Empty was
dropped soon for the - already then - overplayed Slipping Away. - Another year later they performed a "ABB"-show (Madrid) without any song from the album. No comment. - Nevertheless the ABB tour (especially the first part with 50% stadiums/50% arenas) had much more interesting setlists than the legs of the '10's tour (in fact it's basically the same tour since 2012) since Ole (with some exceptions like Indio). By the way, yes they played 98 or so different live songs since 2012 (not counting 1 minute curiosities such as All My Exe's Live In Texas). But especially in 2017 most shows were almost identical (except for two songs).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-25 18:17 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 25, 2019 18:19

The Rolling Stones will never stop.

2020: South America
2021: Far-East and Australia
2022: Europe

Date: July 25, 2019 18:24

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
24FPS

The only show ever with five ABB songs was Vienna, nearly a year after the release. But soon they recognised that a lot of people do not really explode during Rain Fall Down and it became a rarity. The great This Place Is Empty was
dropped soon for the - already then - overplayed Slipping Away. - Another year later they performed a "ABB"-show (Madrid) without any song from the album. No comment. - Nevertheless the ABB tour (especially the first part with 50% stadiums/50% arenas) had much more interesting setlists than the legs of the '10's tour (in fact it's basically the same tour since 2012) since Ole (with some exceptions like Indio). By the way, yes they played 98 or so different live songs since 2012 (not counting 1 minute curiosities such as All My Exe's Live In Texas). But especially in 2017 most shows were almost identical (except for two songs).

When you're coming back to the same country/city, on the very same tour, you'd wanna change it up a bit. That was my point.

That's why it's unfair to compare the US setlists on the first leg (which had at least 5 ABB tracks) to the US shows on the second leg. Of course they would cut down on those tracks two years later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-25 19:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 25, 2019 19:15

I'll be seeing Denver and one more still to be determined show on this tour but I'd be thrilled if the Stones gave me one more chance to travel abroad to see a few shows. If not, I'm thankful for the opportunities to have seen them in London, Buenos Aires and various cities here in the US.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 25, 2019 21:42

Gaetzi
I'll be seeing Denver and one more still to be determined show on this tour but I'd be thrilled if the Stones gave me one more chance to travel abroad to see a few shows. If not, I'm thankful for the opportunities to have seen them in London, Buenos Aires and various cities here in the US.

I'll be there too, where are u traveling from.

Date: July 25, 2019 23:11

powerage78
Well, they did...smoking smiley

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
PRIDE.

No. They're not 90 yet..

Date: July 25, 2019 23:18

Yes cool smiley

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 25, 2019 23:47

babyblue
Gaetzi

I'll be there too, where are u traveling from.

About three miles down the road, I live in Denver.

Re: Is 2019 last of The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2019 00:05

There will be shows in 2020 too.

They have invented the new anti-aging drug. It is called non-stop touring.

Bjornulf

Date: July 26, 2019 00:09

Rock solid argument : LONGEVITY.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 26, 2019 17:37

I remember my first Stones show away back in 1982 at St.James Park Newcastle when I was only 18 and I got talking to this older guy from Lincoln and I always recall him saying with authority 'Oh yes this will definitely be that last tour' and I remember feeling so lucky that I'd caught them before they'd retired!smiling smiley 1982 last of the Rolling Stonesgrinning smiley

Funny tho The Stones seemed impossibly old to me back then in their late 30's/early 40's.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2019 18:24

In many ways I think 1982 was the last tour. Since then they have been more or less semi-retired. Or concentrating on other things. Hadn't it been so much money in touring they would have quit decades ago.
I think this touring scheme fits Commander well. 3 months of touring every year leaves 9 months a year to do other things (painting, filming, solo projects, vacation, family).

Making music is also a thing of the past. Since 1997 they have produced one album with their own material on. A Bigger Bang. That makes one album in 22 years.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 26, 2019 18:34

Didn’t this post say 1978 at one time?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 19:05

bv

South America or Far East/Australia? Last toured in 2016 and 2014 respectively.

Logic would suggest the latter as it's been longer since their last visit. But South America has far more enthusiastic audiences so they may prefer there.

On your second point, I think 1 short tour a year is good for them in keeping them active in what is now very definitely old age. Jagger is now 10 years past UK State Pension age!

Last year I showed my then 9 year old niece a video of Mick on stage in Coventry the night before. I told her that he was only a year younger than her Grandma. Her priceless reply was,

" Really? Well I couldn't imagine her dancing around on a stage like that wiggling her bottom".

We both collapsed laughing. If Mick stays healthy, I think he'll want to go on stage at 80! Hopefully the other 3 will too.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 26, 2019 20:06

I was at the Foxboro show and I did NOT hear Mick say " see you on March 17, 2021". Did anyone else hear this? What's the significance of St Patrick's Day in Boston for the Stones!?

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: July 26, 2019 21:56

BV:

I was hoping at some point we would hear from you. This is great news. So far 13 countries for me, now more to come. Looking forward to when you can give us even a continent idea and approximate months. Many of us have to plan our jobs in advance. Thank you for everything you do for us.

Stonesdude
JimboTX Periscope

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 22:10

bv

Amazing.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 27, 2019 12:39

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
24FPS

When you're coming back to the same country/city, on the very same tour, you'd wanna change it up a bit. That was my point.

That's why it's unfair to compare the US setlists on the first leg (which had at least 5 ABB tracks) to the US shows on the second leg. Of course they would cut down on those tracks two years later.

I'm pretty sure NO 2005 had more than four new ones.

Date: July 27, 2019 13:15

Did they play NO in 2005?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 27, 2019 17:23

WelshEdge1
bv

Amazing.

I can't wrap myself around this. I thought for sure this current tour was it. Maybe next year, course final gig should be in London.

Date: July 27, 2019 18:08

This is not rocket science. They will tour as long as they can, and this year we all see they are still capable of touring for quite a while. Also, there are inside info I can't spread here, because then those rumours just come back like a boomerang, I would not know if that was from me or from others, so I will just advice anyone to look into the past tour dates, then figure out what is coming next naturally. When this US summer tour is over, I think it is more natural to talk about the "next" tour.

Having said that, if you are sitting on the fence waiting for the Stones to come to your city, then may be you will be sitting on your fence for still a while. I have said this since 2012, don't count on eternal touring.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-27 18:22 by bv.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 27, 2019 18:16

Would a second leg of North America be in cards? Europe had 2017/ 18 No Filter.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 27, 2019 18:17

If it was rocket science, someone would have figured it out. It's more like astrology

Date: July 27, 2019 18:27

PalaisRoyale
Would a second leg of North America be in cards? Europe had 2017/ 18 No Filter.

The reason why they toured Europe two years in a row 2017 and 2018 was because they wanted to do a separate UK tour, then they added a few cities in "mainland Europe" to make the UK tour work financially. So in my mind it was 2017 Europe and 2018 UK.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home