Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Is something up with Keith?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 24, 2019 15:29

JDSAM1994
Money can't buy life

It can assist in prolonging it though. And the opposite of course.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 24, 2019 15:46

stone4ever
Most stupid comments i ever read.Is it possibe to be that stupid?
lem motlow
Absolutely Stoneage, and it’s not possible to go back in time,due to his mother’s age Little Dev could not have been born years earlier even had Mick known Melanie.
So anyone complaining about Jagger having “a bunch of little kids running around “(as I see it stated from the high and mighty moral authorities here and elsewhere)is really saying a little boy shouldn’t exist,-and that’s beyond fckd up.

Hold on a minute Mr Angry, no one is saying the child shouldn't exist, further back in the thread someone was just saying Keith is a normal 76 year old.
Keith's just a benign old Grandpa these days, he movies and plays like that, he doesn't try to be younger than he is and he doesn't pursue young woman and have children with them to prove his manhood.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 24, 2019 18:18

lem motlow
stone4ever
lem motlow
Absolutely Stoneage, and it’s not possible to go back in time,due to his mother’s age Little Dev could not have been born years earlier even had Mick known Melanie.
So anyone complaining about Jagger having “a bunch of little kids running around “(as I see it stated from the high and mighty moral authorities here and elsewhere)is really saying a little boy shouldn’t exist,-and that’s beyond fckd up.

Hold on a minute Mr Angry, no one is saying the child shouldn't exist, further back in the thread someone was just saying Keith is a normal 76 year old.
Keith's just a benign old Grandpa these days, he movies and plays like that, he doesn't try to be younger than he is and he doesn't pursue young woman and have children with them to prove his manhood.

Odd that you would derive a feeling of anger out of something that was just a matter-of-fact statement.
You’re probably just the sensitive type and I get that but If you are gonna pretend as if negative comments aren’t made toward Mick,here and elsewhere,for having children at his age well ,you’re just being less than honest.
If you don’t think he should be having children then you don’t think he should have the children,you get that,right?
The comment earlier wasn’t nearly as innocuous as you’re trying to sell it-it was totally negative.something to the effect-at least Keith doesn’t have kids under Five and he,ll have a 90 year old at his graduation.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 24, 2019 18:37

powerage78
Keith was far better in Philly.
But sure he will be on fire (MORE) in Houston !!!

I'm predicting and hoping Keith will be at his "Best ever" when they play Santa Clara, Pasadena, and Glendale.
Might be other issues with other members, but Keith will be on FIRE for all three shows!!!!winking smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 24, 2019 19:00

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 24, 2019 23:09

Thanks for the clip. I notice how it's following Ronnie as if he were the one doing the leads.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 24, 2019 23:39

Nikkei
Thanks for the clip. I notice how it's following Ronnie as if he were the one doing the leads.

I know its unbelievable the camera crew don't even know who's playing what.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 24, 2019 23:57

Went to Chicago, Jacksonville and Philly.
I have not seen Keef smoking at all on stage.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 24, 2019 23:57

huh? just some random dude filming here

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 25, 2019 00:04

Nikkei
huh? just some random dude filming here

Who lets these people in grinning smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 25, 2019 09:17

Actually reefers no cocaine and maybe some medication (or not) explains it.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 15:31

Same songs for Keith set since Chicago 2.
Slipping Away - Before They Make Me Run.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 26, 2019 15:37

Redhotcarpet
Actually reefers no cocaine and maybe some medication (or not) explains it.

But solid, strong voice and playing. Much better than last year, imho

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 26, 2019 15:49

spikenyc

Doesn’t he usually have a few discreet puffs just behind Charlie’s drum kit? I know he doesn’t usually smoke visibly anymore.

Date: July 26, 2019 16:43

Big Al
spikenyc

Doesn’t he usually have a few discreet puffs just behind Charlie’s drum kit? I know he doesn’t usually smoke visibly anymore.

Always. Usually that happens in the beginning of Miss You smiling smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 26, 2019 17:39

I think he's probably cut down a hell of a lot over the last few years.

At his age, if you're a heavy smoker, you kind of have to if you want breathing to remain a viable option.grinning smiley

Probably accounts in large part for his voice sounding a bit stronger & purer these days.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 17:44

Spud
I think he's probably cut down a hell of a lot over the last few years.

At his age, if you're a heavy smoker, you kind of have to if you want breathing to remain a viable option.grinning smiley

Probably accounts in large part for his voice sounding a bit stronger & purer these days.
It's never too late to quit, but at this point, the bulk of the damage has been done.

Some people hit the genetic lottery and can come through a lifetime of abuse relatively unscathed. Not recommended if you're into playing the odds though.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 26, 2019 18:49

Theodora posted a clip when she was on the stage with her dad during Miss you behind Charlie. (from Philly)
Yes, there was an ashtray with a lit cigarette on the table.
I hope Keef has cut back, but I just found it unusual for him not to smoke on stage while they are playing.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 2, 2019 16:54

Look at the videos from last night, Keith's in great shape. And he's moving more with every show. He just needed a few shows to warm up. I'm sure he'll be even better at the end of the tour.
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Date: August 2, 2019 18:23

StonedRambler
Look at the videos from last night, Keith's in great shape. And he's moving more with every show. He just needed a few shows to warm up. I'm sure he'll be even better at the end of the tour.
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
Ah, now that's more like it...good to see Keith really putting his body into the JJF riff like he used to.

Of course it's not NECESSARY for him to get physical onstage, but it bodes well for his overall health and well-being when he's FEELING the music and cranking hard on that guitar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 18:23 by keefriff99.

Date: August 2, 2019 20:00

Found this pic on one of the facebook Stones fan pages w/caption saying "Chicago"...not sure if first or second show, but he looks a bit puzzled here:

Date: August 2, 2019 20:20

LOL, it's so easy to snap a photo of someone in the middle of blinking and deduce that they're drunk, high, or confused.

Date: August 2, 2019 20:26

True enough keefriff99. smiling smiley

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 2, 2019 21:09

Keith looked much better in the videos from last night than he did earlier in the tour. I saw Chicago 2, and I'm very glad to see the improvement.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 2, 2019 21:12

StonedRambler
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Very nice, selfishly I was hoping Foxboro would land later in the tour for this ...

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: August 2, 2019 21:21

He's playing good!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 2, 2019 21:33

It's actually not too complicated. Keith rarely plays guitar at home neither does he do any sports or walks much. I even doubt he's standing much. So he needs his time to get into guitar playing again and of 'course when he is forced to stand for two hours during the gigs his leg muscles also get stronger and it costs him less energy which he can use for walking around or kicking in the air etc.
It's all still in him, you just gotta give him some time these days to get into shape again. Of course it would not be a bad idea for him to do some light walking or guitar playing before the tour but it's Keith Richards...

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home