Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Is something up with Keith?
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 19:54

Keith sang great in Jacksonville - just could not have done better. His playing on Slipping Away was also superb. But he did jump the gun on Street Fighting Man and Honkey Tonk Woman. Are those sorts of things discussed in post show meetings or do they just brush it under the rug?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 23, 2019 20:05

I don't think they would discuss a thing like that in Keith's presence. Of course not.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 20:27

Of course not.
Best show ever, as always !

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 23, 2019 20:32

Jacksonville was certainly Keith’s best so far this tour - very loud.

Date: July 23, 2019 20:33

I think you are mixing me up with someone else, Powerage 78. I'm not in the "Best ever" group...

Date: July 23, 2019 20:39

grinning smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 23, 2019 20:44

JDSAM1994
You can’t say he’s lost and judge whats going on in someone’s mind from the video screens, that’s kinda an ignorant comment. Unless you’re a mind reader: which you’re not.

On the bright side....

At least Keith doesn’t have a kid younger than 5 years running around. Ask yourself was you dad 91 years old at your high school graduation? Fuuck no he wasn’t!!

Young Dev-
will inherit millions of dollars upon reaching adulthood.as the son of one of the most iconic figures in western culture his name will allow him access to any party,film festival,sporting event,or fashion show he chooses where he will be treated like royalty.
He will have the choice to live anywhere in the world and buy any house or luxury car he chooses.
If he decides he may never work a day in his life.

You-
dad looked great at graduation!!!!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 23, 2019 21:26

lem motlow
JDSAM1994
You can’t say he’s lost and judge whats going on in someone’s mind from the video screens, that’s kinda an ignorant comment. Unless you’re a mind reader: which you’re not.

On the bright side....

At least Keith doesn’t have a kid younger than 5 years running around. Ask yourself was you dad 91 years old at your high school graduation? Fuuck no he wasn’t!!

Young Dev-
will inherit millions of dollars upon reaching adulthood.as the son of one of the most iconic figures in western culture his name will allow him access to any party,film festival,sporting event,or fashion show he chooses where he will be treated like royalty.
He will have the choice to live anywhere in the world and buy any house or luxury car he chooses.
If he decides he may never work a day in his life.

You-
dad looked great at graduation!!!!

Yeah sure i hear ya, but most people still have their parents alive in their 50's, are you saying money and having a celebrity parent with money is more important than having a father still in your life as opossed to loosing your Dad as a child or in your teens.

I'd give up every penny i own just to see my Dad one more time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 21:29 by stone4ever.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 23, 2019 21:34

-The most peaceful and eager thread in the history of this site.

Date: July 23, 2019 21:35

Many children grows up without a father. In today's postmodern society perhaps more than ever. In Sir Michael's case it will be the mothers who brings up the children.
Sir Michael will have very little to do with it. Some quality time, that's it. Both the mothers and the children are supported for life. I think the pros overcomes the cons here.
Vastly. These kids will have a first class ticket to life from the day of their birth.

Date: July 23, 2019 21:47

Absolutely Stoneage, and it’s not possible to go back in time,due to his mother’s age Little Dev could not have been born years earlier even had Mick known Melanie.
So anyone complaining about Jagger having “a bunch of little kids running around “(as I see it stated from the high and mighty moral authorities here and elsewhere)is really saying a little boy shouldn’t exist,-and that’s beyond fckd up.

Date: July 23, 2019 22:16

lem motlow
Absolutely Stoneage, and it’s not possible to go back in time,due to his mother’s age Little Dev could not have been born years earlier even had Mick known Melanie.
So anyone complaining about Jagger having “a bunch of little kids running around “(as I see it stated from the high and mighty moral authorities here and elsewhere)is really saying a little boy shouldn’t exist,-and that’s beyond fckd up.

Hold on a minute Mr Angry, no one is saying the child shouldn't exist, further back in the thread someone was just saying Keith is a normal 76 year old.
Keith's just a benign old Grandpa these days, he movies and plays like that, he doesn't try to be younger than he is and he doesn't pursue young woman and have children with them to prove his manhood.

Date: July 23, 2019 23:22

Stones are the real Avengers.

Date: July 23, 2019 23:40

stone4ever
lem motlow

Hold on a minute Mr Angry, no one is saying the child shouldn't exist, further back in the thread someone was just saying Keith is a normal 76 year old.
Keith's just a benign old Grandpa these days, he movies and plays like that, he doesn't try to be younger than he is and he doesn't pursue young woman and have children with them to prove his manhood.

Odd that you would derive a feeling of anger out of something that was just a matter-of-fact statement.
You’re probably just the sensitive type and I get that but If you are gonna pretend as if negative comments aren’t made toward Mick,here and elsewhere,for having children at his age well ,you’re just being less than honest.
If you don’t think he should be having children then you don’t think he should have the children,you get that,right?
The comment earlier wasn’t nearly as innocuous as you’re trying to sell it-it was totally negative.something to the effect-at least Keith doesn’t have kids under Five and he,ll have a 90 year old at his graduation.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 23, 2019 23:54

Spend a life being "the son/daughter of... Mick Jagger" sure sounds good monetary wise, but being constantely compared to your father and not being able to step up can cause some serious issues. Not to mention that everything you accomplish might be attributed to your familiy,not your personality.

Date: July 24, 2019 00:24

lem motlow
stone4ever
lem motlow

Odd that you would derive a feeling of anger out of something that was just a matter-of-fact statement.
You’re probably just the sensitive type and I get that but If you are gonna pretend as if negative comments aren’t made toward Mick,here and elsewhere,for having children at his age well ,you’re just being less than honest.
If you don’t think he should be having children then you don’t think he should have the children,you get that,right?
The comment earlier wasn’t nearly as innocuous as you’re trying to sell it-it was totally negative.something to the effect-at least Keith doesn’t have kids under Five and he,ll have a 90 year old at his graduation.

You seem to have got a bit mixed up as to which poster said what.
I only chimed in because you rate money and fame over having a father, its a bit of a shallow way of looking at life and success.
As for anger I just mean you come across that way sometimes, its cool through, it can be refreshing sometimes.

Date: July 24, 2019 00:58

Actually Stone4ever it was a pretty linear expression of thought that said exactly what I meant.
You seem to be somehow having trouble deciphering plain English,if it’s your second language I apologize.
JDsam1994 said something about having a 90 year old father at graduation and made it seem like a negative also saying AT LEAST Keith doesn’t have a kid under 5.

Are you still with me? I replied Mick at 90 will have set his kid up for life, and sarcastically said but at least your dad will look better.
Nowhere in there was there a statement about money being more important than having a parent.
You imagined thats what I was saying just like you imagined me being angry over something that really has nothing to Do with me.(that would be strange).
Are you ok?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-24 06:49 by lem motlow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 24, 2019 01:35

cool out boys ….
bv don't need any tantrums at the moment ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 24, 2019 04:47

The pot smoking explains quite a bit. Again, I am in awe of Keith's willpower, but sometimes he's not all there.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 05:44

wonderboy
The pot smoking explains quite a bit. Again, I am in awe of Keith's willpower, but sometimes he's not all there.
I'm sure it helps with his arthritis and just chills him out...it's definitely better for him than booze and may even improve concentration, but there's a trade-off, and I'm guessing that means he acts like a complete space cadet onstage at times.

It's a far cry from 20 years ago when he was fueled by coke and toxic waste.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 24, 2019 05:50

keefriff99
wonderboy
I'm sure it helps with his arthritis and just chills him out...it's definitely better for him than booze and may even improve concentration, but there's a trade-off, and I'm guessing that means he acts like a complete space cadet onstage at times.

One pic with a spliff and people go all Refer Madness... eye rolling smiley

Date: July 24, 2019 09:58

Anyway, I prefer Keith playing (doing his best, focus) rather than Keith posing.

Date: July 24, 2019 13:50

MisterDDDD
keefriff99
wonderboy

One pic with a spliff and people go all Refer Madness... eye rolling smiley
eye rolling smiley Are you kidding me? He's flat-out said in interviews the last couple of years that he's smoking a lot of weed.

I couldn't care less, but if people want a better explanation for why he's spacing out rather than speculating that he's suffering from dementia or a brain disorder, that might be it.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 24, 2019 14:38

He was on his game last night in Philadelphia!

Date: July 24, 2019 14:59

beachbreak
Sounds it! Saw a few songs and he was loud and rockin'.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 14:59

Money can't buy life

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 15:06

If a 70+ year old woman was having a baby then it would probably be a major issue. Men get away with a-lot of scrutiny in my opinion

Date: July 24, 2019 15:19

keefriff99
beachbreak
Sounds it! Saw a few songs and he was loud and rockin'.

Agreed, Keith was looking very sharp last night, Ronnie looked a bit tired though.

Date: July 24, 2019 15:22

Keith was far better in Philly.
But sure he will be on fire (MORE) in Houston !!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 24, 2019 15:26

JDSAM1994
If a 70+ year old woman was having a baby then it would probably be a major issue. Men get away with a-lot of scrutiny in my opinion

Yes it would, but then 70 year old women are not physically capable of bearing children, whereas men are naturally fertile all their lives. Having an elderly dad isn't unnatural, just unusual.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home