Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Is something up with Keith?
Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 22, 2019 17:01

Nikkei
I agree he's giving it all he got and then some. Here's a pic I took last summer.
I looked at his knees for some time and could only conclude he got those pants made so these two+ hours are a little easier on the legs. That's the level of commitment.

haha your kidding rite... designer threads...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2019 17:09

I do not believe that "Keith's playing is better than any point since ...2005". I'm sure this is a popular view here since this is a fan forum but I don't think it has much to do with the truth.
I think Keith's performance has been on a downslope since the head surgery in 2006. He's still up there doing his best though. I'll give him merits for that. And the fact that he has sobered up.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 22, 2019 17:17

This conversation re Keith's faculties has gone around in circles now for a dozen or more years...with nothing new having been said since day one .

I wish we could just leave it alone and be thankful for the many moments of pure magic that Keith still conjures up every night .

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 17:26

Stoneage
I do not believe that "Keith's playing is better than any point since ...2005". I'm sure this is a popular view here since this is a fan forum but I don't think it has much to do with the truth.
I think Keith's performance has been on a downslope since the head surgery in 2006. He's still up there doing his best though. I'll give him merits for that. And the fact that he has sobered up.
That's a crazy claim.

Post-2007, I don't really know what the high water mark was for his playing...probably 2013 or 2015? He's better now than the last couple of years but still it's been a gradual decline with some upticks along the way.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 18:01

Lots of good input everyone and friendly discussion, I have seen many threads turn in to heated arguments, glad this one isn't!

Who ever the 17 year old kid is that can't keep up with the 75 year olds, needs to get with the program, come on now dude! hahahahha

Who ever the 60 year old is who just did the 60 mile bike ride, you're awesome! I did a 50 mile ride with my 64 year old uncle yesterday. I know what that takes to complete a ride like that. You have to do it often to be in that kind of shape.

At the end of the day our man Keith is the shit and will out live us all!
What kind of world are you going to leave behind for him?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-24 06:53 by JDSAM1994.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 22, 2019 18:31

Just a couple of observations here and may be right about what I say or maybe wrong.
Keith and Jeff Beck are both great to see live when they are on stage playing that guitar.
Both of them have had trouble with their head at one point in their lives.
Keith with falling out of a tree,and Jeff in a car accident.
Both seem to have recovered to their normal self and not lost any of their talent.

Also there was a comment about Keiths pants/jeans/trousers and it could be a possibility that on the knees he has some extra padding which relieves the pains or aches he gets in his knees or legs.
I have arthritis in my right hand and also my right knee and the knee can get very inflamed and painful at times .

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 22, 2019 18:49

Amen Spud!!

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 22, 2019 18:53

Enjoy that they still perform

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 22, 2019 19:14

keefmick
Amen Spud!!
I was just gonna this! Lets just appreciate the fact that his Keefness is still here with us. People get old and their abilities diminish. Get over it...

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 19:24

He does his best.
He is a rock legend. Forever.
But yes it's a regular playing decline.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-22 19:25 by powerage78.

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 20:18

I just saw Keith carry the band at a stadium show with authority. I havent read this thread, but being 10 yards back and watching him the whole show, I can assure you there is nothing wrong with Keith. He also looked great! I like his current style. Looked healthy and strong

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: July 22, 2019 21:05

[www.youtube.com]

Listen to Keith open the show in Jacksonville and tell me there is something wrong, WTF everyone, he's on fire and doing F'ing great.

Muncy23 is spot on, and I have two shows left and thinking I need to add more, this is really exciting to watch them progress just since Chicago!

Date: July 22, 2019 21:28

Two things here. First, it's not really polite to criticize people for getting old. Not at all. It's mean actually. Not good manners. Second, on the other hand
people pay steep money for the show and the band is making millions of dollars. So, they shouldn't be discharged from scrutiny due to old age. So...

Date: July 22, 2019 21:33

Stoneage
Two things here. First, it's not really polite to criticize people for getting old. Not at all. It's mean actually. Not good manners. Second, on the other hand
people pay steep money for the show and the band is making millions of dollars. So, they shouldn't be discharged from scrutiny due to old age. So...

So? smoking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 22, 2019 21:34

Keith’s playing has been on a gradual decline since the early 90’s. Sure, his performance during the Bridges To Babylon tour are excellent, but compare that to Steel Wheels and Urban Jungle.

Date: July 22, 2019 21:36

I would also like to add that I am not moaning, here. It’s a reality. He’s ageing and his dexterity is waning. I think he tries his hardest.

Date: July 22, 2019 21:42

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

So? smoking smiley

I went out of words, Dandy. Couldn't figure out the conclusion of my own thoughts. Dualism, maybe? Keeping two thoughts in mind at the same time? Or whatever...

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: July 22, 2019 21:44

I think its better to post his best performances
Where he brings it!!

2013 shows, the tale end of that tour have som great moments and i'll be VERY HAPPY if some more knowledgeable fans can point me in the direction of some songs in a show where he pulls it out of the bag.

I can't afford the gigs anymore but i still like watching keith on fire, i just don't know where these moments are these days, but i know he still can do it

Any vid posts of these moments from 2006 onwards i'll be very happy to be shown some pockets of magic smiling smiley

Date: July 22, 2019 21:52

Many of my jazz idols peaked at very high age though. Sometimes after 80. I remember Arne Domnérus. He had a magic warm tone and feeling when he was 80.
After that he couldn't play any more. Didn't have the capacity to press the sound through the saxophone. He passed away at age 83.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 22, 2019 22:52

On the subject of Keith's guitar playing ability I think he's doing well. Personally I believe he's got one or more ailments like arthritis and maybe some brain issues, who knows. Considering all this he's kicking ass. On the subject of the 17 year old I do think it's possible someone like Mick could be in better health. There's a lot of unhealthy young people, plus many are lazy. I'm sorry to be insulting but this is my perspective. I was lazy and out of shape as a teenager too. Then I got fit, well until now anyway. Good on people like Mick they're an inspiration.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 22, 2019 23:12

You guys are kicking the crap out of those guys over at the "is something wrong with Mick because he sat done for 10 seconds thread"--bravo!!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 23:43

He was far better in 2012.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 22, 2019 23:46

Keith suffers from heberden’s nodes, no? At least, that’s what the swelling in his finger joints look like. It isn’t arthritis.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 22, 2019 23:50

Mick, Keith ,Charlie and Ronnie are all an inspiration, for keeping on doing what they have done since the 60's. thumbs up
I know there is big,big money involved in getting a great payday by the end of each Tour, but who can blame them for not making the most of it while they can...……...and want to do it. smileys with beer
The day will eventually come when they meet up and only one of them has to say …..., 'I don't want to do this anymore' and that will be the end.

Let's hope that will not be for a while yet...………………..but we are so lucky to still have this band on the road. thumbs up

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 22, 2019 23:58

powerage78
He was far better in 2012.

Yes he was better in 2012 but already then he did some mistakes similar to now, like when he botched the chorus in SFTD during the PPV-broadcast. Regardless of what people say I think Keith's playing was better on the Bigger Bang tour, both before and after the palm incident, than it has been since 2012. Maybe the layoff between 2007 and 2012 was a bit too long and he probably didn't play very much guitar during those years.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 23, 2019 00:51

Big Al
Keith suffers from heberden’s nodes, no? At least, that’s what the swelling in his finger joints look like. It isn’t arthritis.

I thought it was a form of Osteoarthritis?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 23, 2019 01:19

jlowe
Big Al

Did anyone think that’s its brain and not his hands? You don’t go through all that abuse without some permanent damage

Date: July 23, 2019 01:31

Cooltoplady
jlowe
Big Al

Did anyone think that’s its brain and not his hands? You don’t go through all that abuse without some permanent damage

So how come he's so quick and sharp in interviews smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2019 01:49

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 23, 2019 02:20

What I saw in New Orleans was consistent with what I've seen (on video) from the last 2 tours - a bit spaced out looking, lost, smiling, focusing.

They're OLD! He's put himself through a lot and it's catching up with him.

So be it.

He screws up. He's always screwed up!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home