Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Is something up with Keith?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 21, 2019 23:22

We all get old.

I'm 48, and am seriously rocking fitness wise.

2019 alone, I've done my first half marathon in 2hrs 13 minutes. I've also done numerous Parkruns, about nine 10km runs, including one in boiling heat two weeks' ago, attended a climbing centre today and abseiled, enrolled for a Tough Mudder in September, and another half marathon in September. Also considering Spartan in October.

Already, again in 2019, I did a muddy challenge for Cancer Research, and two years back I was 17 and a half stone (110 kgs).

Sometimes, you just half to cut back on the bad stuff, and realign your life.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: July 21, 2019 23:43

if any of us know someone who is 75,how are they doing?, one luv to you Keith.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 22, 2019 00:06

tomcasagranda
We all get old.

I'm 48, and am seriously rocking fitness wise.

2019 alone, I've done my first half marathon in 2hrs 13 minutes. I've also done numerous Parkruns, about nine 10km runs, including one in boiling heat two weeks' ago, attended a climbing centre today and abseiled, enrolled for a Tough Mudder in September, and another half marathon in September. Also considering Spartan in October.

Already, again in 2019, I did a muddy challenge for Cancer Research, and two years back I was 17 and a half stone (110 kgs).

Sometimes, you just half to cut back on the bad stuff, and realign your life.

You go boy! I'm 66 and started working out at 30. I weigh what I weighed in high school. I am sure you agree that Mick is a hero. Almost 76 and in that condition? RESPECT!! I know he works really hard for it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 22, 2019 00:30

Tie a block of wood around
ya neck... put Ya Got Me Rockin'
on repeat and jump around for two hours ……

Report back to us when you've recuperated ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 22, 2019 01:36

Rockman

A total of 36 hours a year.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: July 22, 2019 01:51

... as long as it's not a Les Paul around his neck...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 22, 2019 02:53

Keith seems to drift away at times but when he's on, he's on:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 22, 2019 03:16

I'm 17 and I can't even do what he does and he's 75! I think he's doing just fine.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 22, 2019 04:05

It may sound silly, but to me Keith doesn't look like Keith anymore. I am not exactly sure when he "morphed" but he is not the the dangerous angular-faced edgy slim hippie-rock star with the earring anymore.

He does look befuddled on stage, but whenever I watch a recent interview with him on YouTube he still seems to be as sharp as a tack.

He is starting to fade away from old age, and I can't imagine him on stage five years from now. Plus he would be 80, which seems surreal. 80-year-olds trying to sell out stadiums?

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 22, 2019 04:36

I don't think Keith's playing on this tour is so different from the last few years. Anyone can see his skills as a guitar player has gone down a bit, but his playing is not so different now from the comeback in 2012. Any guitar player in his 70s will lose some skills and the only thing you can do about it is practicing. Eric Clapton is still a very efficient player now in his 70s but I guess he's practicing 1-2 hours or more every day between gigs, I just don't think Keith is so interested in sitting down and working on his ''chops'' between the gigs at this point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-22 04:37 by EasterMan.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 22, 2019 04:47

MileHigh
It may sound silly, but to me Keith doesn't look like Keith anymore. I am not exactly sure when he "morphed" but he is not the the dangerous angular-faced edgy slim hippie-rock star with the earring anymore.

We've seen kindly, avuncular Keith for years now. When exactly did he start smiling so much?
He reminds me more today of the happy kid we see in those very early b/w vids on youtube.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 22, 2019 05:01

EasterMan
I don't think Keith's playing on this tour is so different from the last few years. Anyone can see his skills as a guitar player has gone down a bit, but his playing is not so different now from the comeback in 2012. Any guitar player in his 70s will lose some skills and the only thing you can do about it is practicing. Eric Clapton is still a very efficient player now in his 70s but I guess he's practicing 1-2 hours or more every day between gigs, I just don't think Keith is so interested in sitting down and working on his ''chops'' between the gigs at this point.

Jeff Beck must practice all the time because he hasn't lost a step. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the fall. I love Keith, but I understand old age. Mick had to maintain an exercise regimen almost his whole life to be where he is now. It's a Bitch!

Date: July 22, 2019 05:08

I just turned sixty and did a 60 miles bike ride in 5 hours with 4000 ft of vertical climb. Just got to maintain.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 07:11

Not related but notice that Happy has not been played this tour yet?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 22, 2019 07:43

Cooltoplady
Rockman

A total of 36 hours a year.

Yes,put in 57 years at the top of your profession and you do reduced hours if you’re still working at 75,but that’s not the point.
Find the nearest 75 year old, strap a guitar around their neck and just have them stand there in place for two hours.
Don’t blame me when your family disowns you because your experiment killed uncle Fred.

In Jaggers case,take a person of any age and just start moving,run a few feet,stop,spin and stand in one place moving your legs and waving your arms,then run about 20 feet,then run back.
We won’t even make you try to sing,just talk the entire time and do it for two hours.you get a 15 minute break in the middle so it should be easy,right?

Posted by: time4tea ()
Date: July 22, 2019 08:21

Jax slipping away favorite all time.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 22, 2019 08:23

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
I'm 17 and I can't even do what he does and he's 75! I think he's doing just fine.

A ridiculous statement!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 22, 2019 10:03

Been away for a few days...but couldn't help chuckling when I saw this thread.

Having spent the last ten or fifteen years recommending to Keith a bit more guitar playing and bit less throwing shapes....

We now evidently want a few more shapes with inevitably less guitar playinggrinning smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 22, 2019 11:23

Spud

Having spent the last ten or fifteen years recommending to Keith a bit more guitar playing and bit less throwing shapes....

We now evidently want a few more shapes with inevitably less guitar playinggrinning smiley

Haha yeah, he can't win can he, I actually think Keith might have a hip injury or something, after the final bow to the crowd at Jacksonville Keith turns awkwardly and looks disjointed in his movement, its something that flares up with me on occasion so instantly thought this could be why Keith isn't moving much, he has hardly gone down a catwalk, no little runs like on Miss You, I'm convinced he has an injury. I suppose he could have postponed the tour but that's not Keith, so be thankful everyone, he's playing his heart out up there to make up for it.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 22, 2019 12:48

Quite Possibly.

Folks have always loved to speculate about Keith's health and physical wellbeing .

Which has never sat very comfortably with me...

I know much of it comes from our affection and concern for him...but his variously reported medical issues over the years [both real and imagined] have never been any of our business .

That said ...I don't think its intrusive or disrespectful to acknowledge that at an age of around 75, it's very likely we'll be afflicted with something that stops us running about like a 2 year old.

[Unless of course we're Mick Jagger ]

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 22, 2019 13:02

He is awesome. As Spud says, for years on this thread we have complained that he's been posing too much and not concentrating on his playing. Now, he's concentrating on his playing and he is playing so well and we are complaining that he's not moving enough. Let me say a few things:

1. Last year I saw 6 shows on the No Filter tour in the UK. I watched all of the support acts. None of guitarists moved, and none of the the singers moved. And bear in mind that the singers and guitarists in the support acts ranged in age from 20s to early 50s. Keith moved more that all of them. And of course Mick moved so much more than all of them.

So, there is nothing wrong with Keith..he is 75 and he is kicking ass.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 22, 2019 13:07

stone4ever
Spud

Haha yeah, he can't win can he, I actually think Keith might have a hip injury or something, after the final bow to the crowd at Jacksonville Keith turns awkwardly and looks disjointed in his movement, its something that flares up with me on occasion so instantly thought this could be why Keith isn't moving much, he has hardly gone down a catwalk, no little runs like on Miss You, I'm convinced he has an injury. I suppose he could have postponed the tour but that's not Keith, so be thankful everyone, he's playing his heart out up there to make up for it.

Doesn't need to be an injury. An arthritic hip playing up will do that.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 22, 2019 13:17

For f**is sake I think we are imagining injuries here. I remember when they toured AustrLi on the Licks tour in 2003 I thought they were super old.....I was 32 and Keith was nearly 60 and we thought they were ancient..zi remember during You Got Me Rocking Keith leaned over and didn't get up again for most of the song and I thought "bloody hello he's so old he can't get back upright again". Well, he was.fine then and he's fine now. We are.jait projections our own fears/worries/problems onto ho . If he wasn't fine the insurance companies.wouldn't allow him to tour.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 22, 2019 13:56

Everybody is missing the point about Keith and what is really important is not posing or mugging for the cameras or the crowd or running around or any of those stage antics .The heart of the matter is that Keith's playing is better than any point since 2012 and maybe dare I say since before the Bigger Bang tour of 2005-2007 . Keith's fingers and hands are working better and thusly he is playing better and actually leading his band The Rolling Stones as he once did before the debilitating issues surfaced in his hands and fingers and Bless his gigantic heart he is gracing us with his finest and we should all stand up and applaud Keith Richards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 22, 2019 13:57

NeverMakeASaintOfMe

You really need to see a doctor. winking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 22, 2019 14:14

From what I could see, he appears to be concentrating and playing very deliberately. He's not trying to play fast or show off...just nail the parts.

I just don't think he feels comfortable physically or playing-wise engaging in his old onstage antics...and let's face it, most of those post '89 guitar hero moves were fueled by cocaine and vodka. He's not that guy anymore.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 22, 2019 15:46

It does not really look like he has any hip issue or injury in this video posted on his Instagram account
Keith on Instagram

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-22 15:48 by TornFrayedSue.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 22, 2019 16:06

I've seen two shows, Burl's Creek and Foxboro. I've watched multiple Periscopes and FB live broadcasts.
At Burl's Creek, it seemed some songs were about to just stop if it were up to Keith to keep the song going. During Tumbling Dice and Sympathy, he got the riffs in maybe half a beat late. It was like Charlie would be watching him and just wait.
No song collapsed, however. Keith would hit his note or riff and the song carried on.
He flubbed the intro to Gimme Shelter at Burl's Creek. He nailed it at Foxboro.
For myself, I've noticed tempos being slow. Especially last year.
This year,tempos have been spot on.
I think it's a combination of age and arthritis.
I have some arthritis(I'm 55) and my fingers are stiff in the morning. I couldn't play guitar for two hours some days.
Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed both shows and the band is playing well.
Mick is a sight to behold and Ronnie has stepped in for Keith in terms of moving around.
BV stated earlier,this might be the last tour of this scale. Get out there and see them if you can.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 22, 2019 16:14

Opening night in Chicago Keith appeared pale and distant. He still appeared that way the following Tuesday but was able to throw in some gesturing and that trademark eye twinkle. He was there the first night but was "on"the second night. I don't know if it was the flu, old age or residual damage from the tree fall. I DO know people in their mid seventies have good days and bad

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 22, 2019 16:55

TheGreek
Everybody is missing the point about Keith and what is really important is not posing or mugging for the cameras or the crowd or running around or any of those stage antics .The heart of the matter is that Keith's playing is better than any point since 2012 and maybe dare I say since before the Bigger Bang tour of 2005-2007 . Keith's fingers and hands are working better and thusly he is playing better and actually leading his band The Rolling Stones as he once did before the debilitating issues surfaced in his hands and fingers and Bless his gigantic heart he is gracing us with his finest and we should all stand up and applaud Keith Richards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo

Great post, and that is the point, he still goes out there and gives his best, that's why we love him .

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home