Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Is something up with Keith?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 21, 2019 16:32

Well, we're closing in on that caricature picture of them in cartoons where they are pushed on to the stage in wheelchairs. As someone pointed out Ronnie is still the young one though.
The others simply aren't (Darryl excluded). Even if, I'm sure, many would like to think they are. That's why I think the Miami gig might be their last one.

I'm amazed though to see how good other old acts like Sir Roderick, Sir Reginald and Sir Paul are doing. But I guess that is down to the fact that their supporting musicians are much younger.
Which is a luxury the Rolling Stones can't afford.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 21, 2019 16:38

lots of luv here for the man who delivers the goods

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: July 21, 2019 17:03

I've noticed it. He plays the same 2 songs every gig. You Got the Silver and BTMMR. Last summer he was dueting with Bernard. Keith is getting old like the rest of us and what a drag it is.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 21, 2019 17:04

I agree he's giving it all he got and then some. Here's a pic I took last summer.
I looked at his knees for some time and could only conclude he got those pants made so these two+ hours are a little easier on the legs. That's the level of commitment.

Date: July 21, 2019 17:06

'Last Summer' are the correct words. I've noticed a big change since then.

Date: July 21, 2019 17:06

glmmr_twn
I've noticed it. He plays the same 2 songs every gig. You Got the Silver and BTMMR. Last summer he was dueting with Bernard. Keith is getting old like the rest of us and what a drag it is.

You Got The Silver?

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: July 21, 2019 17:07

DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
Out of interest whats his top 3 post tree fall gigs?

I mean in terms of his playing, which are his top3, where he absolutely nails it, plays it and pulls the band along rather than gets carried, reduces his riff playing to the barest of minimums, and looks like he doesn't know where he is?

This is meant in the best possible taste, i just wanna see some uber richards playing and performance. he still brings it, but which have been his best since he came back from the tree incident?

Of the shows I attended:

Oslo 2007
London I 2012
Roskilde 2014

Yeah the last shows of 14 On Fire tour he played really good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 17:08 by MacLaurens.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 21, 2019 17:44

glmmr_twn
Keith is getting old like the rest of us and what a drag it is.

Speak for yourself! Some of us have a while to our forty’s yet; let alone old age!

Then again. It is worrying how time seemingly passes one by. I was 19 when I attended my first Stones concert in ‘02.

Date: July 21, 2019 17:52

Big Al
glmmr_twn
Keith is getting old like the rest of us and what a drag it is.

Speak for yourself! Some of us have a while to our forty’s yet; let alone old age!

Then again. It is worrying how time seemingly passes one by. I was 19 when I attended my first Stones concert in ‘02.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 21, 2019 17:52

You're only 36, Big Al? Funny, I thought you were 50 something like the rest of us. You're right, you're the spring chicken here then...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 21, 2019 18:19

For gods sake, hes 75 and has abused his body to an excessive degree. He's old and tired and achy.

Im 40 and I feel worn out many days just going to work and the gym. I cant imagine how one gig takes a toll at that age, even with trainers and doctors on hand. Leave him be.

Date: July 21, 2019 18:34

Abused his body? Sure, he has indulged in drugs. Everything from heroine to nicotine. Otherwise he has led a pretty comfortable life if you compare with an ordinary working man.
People who have done hard labor tend to be pretty worn out when they retire at 65.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: July 21, 2019 18:45

I guess I’m the rare spring chicken here. Turning 25 in a couple months. First saw them when I was 7 in 2002. I’ve been privileged to have seen them 26 times.

These guys have literally redefined the laws of humanity.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 21, 2019 18:55

dcba
I hope your thread won't turn into a speculation game...
it reminds of the US kremlinologists who'd watch every public appearance by Russian leaders and make spurious deductions about their health and well-being.

"Oh Yuri Andropov used to move much more last year. That's the sure sign sth is happening with him!" grinning smiley thumbs down

I think the speculation about them always turned out accurate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 18:56 by stanlove.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 21, 2019 18:59

Ok Ill answer the question. Yes he seems tired/off/plays less than before. Overall he seems a bit out of reach.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 21, 2019 19:05

Stoneage
I'm amazed though to see how good other old acts like Sir Roderick, Sir Reginald and Sir Paul are doing. But I guess that is down to the fact that their supporting musicians are much younger.
Which is a luxury the Rolling Stones can't afford.

Elton is still playing with longtime mates Davey Johnstone (68), Nigel Olsson (70) and Ray Cooper (72)...all of Paul's band members except the drummer are in their 60s.

Keith's lived a hard life and is giving it his best at 75 - I'm really enjoying all the videos from the tour so far.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: July 21, 2019 19:08

JDSAM1994
I guess I’m the rare spring chicken here. Turning 25 in a couple months. First saw them when I was 7 in 2002. I’ve been privileged to have seen them 26 times.

I manage to beat you! 22 here smileys with beer

Date: July 21, 2019 19:13

That even makes me feel old now

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 21, 2019 19:30

If you don't like Keith Richard --------- You should not be here.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 21, 2019 19:35

Keef is probably doing more than alright all things considered. Think we should all just take it in while we can, just like him. Maybe people are trying to compare him to Mick? He's another story entirely, though I believe Keef has good genes too.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 21, 2019 19:36

Nikkei, very nice snap by the way. It says a lot.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 21, 2019 19:48

Also, people at the US shows have (mostly) not seen Keith since 2016 or 2015, and three years is a long time in your 70s. His appearance has definitely aged over the last couple of years.

Date: July 21, 2019 19:56

Stoneage
Abused his body? Sure, he has indulged in drugs. Everything from heroine to nicotine. Otherwise he has led a pretty comfortable life if you compare with an ordinary working man.
People who have done hard labor tend to be pretty worn out when they retire at 65.
Wow, you're really going to argue this point?

Date: July 21, 2019 19:57

No, not argue. Not at all. Just trying to get the whole picture.

Date: July 21, 2019 20:01

Stoneage
No, not argue. Not at all. Just trying to get the whole picture.
He's led a charmed life...I hate the notion that he led a “hard” life. BS. He's escaped accountability for his bad actions, but objectively speaking, he abused his body with drugs, alcohol and cigarettes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 20:02 by keefriff99.

Date: July 21, 2019 20:01

frankotero
Nikkei, very nice snap by the way. It says a lot.

Thank you, it's one of my favourites. I usually don't take pictures at shows, but I thought it could be, you know, the last time

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 21, 2019 20:03

MacLaurens
JDSAM1994

I manage to beat you! 22 here smileys with beer

Love you kids--from a 66 year old woman!

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 21, 2019 21:18

Love to see him PLAYING, not Posing

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: July 21, 2019 21:33

MacLaurens
DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
Out of interest whats his top 3 post tree fall gigs?

I mean in terms of his playing, which are his top3, where he absolutely nails it, plays it and pulls the band along rather than gets carried, reduces his riff playing to the barest of minimums, and looks like he doesn't know where he is?

This is meant in the best possible taste, i just wanna see some uber richards playing and performance. he still brings it, but which have been his best since he came back from the tree incident?

Of the shows I attended:

Oslo 2007
London I 2012
Roskilde 2014[[/b]/quote]

Yeah the last shows of 14 On Fire tour he played really good.

2014 seems a great stint, Roskilde has a magnificent Midnight Rambeler too but..
Ive said it before and i'll say it again.
The Shanghai 2014 version of Midnight Rambler is unique and for me never fails to give me the shivers with taylor playing feedback dub lead, watching jagger skipping down the stage and woods/richards weaving a beauty behind. for me this is when the stars aligned the best post 70s on this tune. i absolutely looooooooove it. thank god i got sent a vid of this as its been pulled from youtube. its my fav post 70s version easy altho I'm sure others will disagree winking smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 21, 2019 22:20

Nikkei
I agree he's giving it all he got and then some. Here's a pic I took last summer.
I looked at his knees for some time and could only conclude he got those pants made so these two+ hours are a little easier on the legs. That's the level of commitment.

Fantastic pic Nikkei, come to think of it he's been wearing those trousers for three years.

Your picture, it looks as though Keith has an orb above his head.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home