Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
The Rolling Stones - Jacksonville FL 19-July-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 20, 2019 13:49

Photos by Bob Self/The Florida Times-Union:

Date: July 20, 2019 13:50

Date: July 20, 2019 13:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-20 13:52 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Jacksonville show 19-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 20, 2019 13:53

If Mick Jagger decided to go with 19 songs in Jacksonville, there is probably a reason other than "laziness"; that is what I believe .
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: July 20, 2019 13:54

Re: Jacksonville show 19-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 20, 2019 14:16

rollmops
If Mick Jagger decided to go with 19 songs in Jacksonville, there is probably a reason other than "laziness"; that is what I believe .
Rockandroll,
Mops

My thoughts too, probably not due to Mick, possibly Charlie or someone expiiencing difficultly with such a long show, its been noted Keith could be struggling, not so much movement from him this tour.
Last night sounds like a great show though, no obvious problem's.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 20, 2019 14:31

TornAndFried
caschimann
TornAndFried
Down to 19 songs. Would it kill them to add a third acoustic song on the small stage? That acoustic set is already too short and it's placement in the show feels odd.

Would it kill them?
Would it kill you to get from 75+ men ONE song less?
Which means for them to save energy.
How old are you?
May be 75 and still performing 2.15 hours live on stage twice a week.
If yes you have all my respect.

Paul McCartney is older than both Mick and Keith (and granted he doesn't run around the stage) and he plays a nearly 3 hour show with over 30 songs. The Stones take 3 to 5 days off between shows these days. I'm pretty sure they have the energy to play another song or two. Especially if they do an acoustic ballad. They can sit down if they want.

Tornandfried I keep seeing them because I love it but I totally agreed with you .
They could give a little more and experiment here and there especially with the money they are charging. Of course we will hear from many of the apologists and excuse makers for Dinosaurs of rock.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 20, 2019 14:45

Did Ronnie play his new pink Duesenberg guitar?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:18

tornandfrayed, two questions
1. how old are the musicians that back up macca?
2. what is the average lenght of macca's songs in the set?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:19

70+ year old blokes, hot temperatures, outdoors, a 2 hour plus show and people moaning about variety and no of songs? Please. We are lucky the stones are still actively touring and if that’s not good enough don’t go. I saw 4 shows in Europe last year and year before and honestly, 18:19:20 songs who cares.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-20 15:23 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:20

Anyone know why the late start last night?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:22

That Paul McCartney comparison is just stupid. Look at a Macca concert and at a Stones concert. Mick dances from one corner of the stage to the other for two hours while Paul is just standing on one spot. Of course you can play longer if you just stand on one spot the whole time eye rolling smiley
Nothing against Macca but it's absolutely not comparable

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-20 15:23 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:32

Sounds like an incredible performance -Glad all enjoyed! Can't wait to read reviews! Go Stones!!!!!!! PWF & SV Yeah!!1

Date: July 20, 2019 15:34

Keith starting HTW before the Cowbell , any significance in that move, Keith taking back command of the show ?, reports he was on fire last night, good signs that we might get some great show's for the home run of 10 left to go.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:39

virgil
TornAndFried
caschimann
TornAndFried
Down to 19 songs. Would it kill them to add a third acoustic song on the small stage? That acoustic set is already too short and it's placement in the show feels odd.

Would it kill them?
Would it kill you to get from 75+ men ONE song less?
Which means for them to save energy.
How old are you?
May be 75 and still performing 2.15 hours live on stage twice a week.
If yes you have all my respect.

Paul McCartney is older than both Mick and Keith (and granted he doesn't run around the stage) and he plays a nearly 3 hour show with over 30 songs. The Stones take 3 to 5 days off between shows these days. I'm pretty sure they have the energy to play another song or two. Especially if they do an acoustic ballad. They can sit down if they want.

Tornandfried I keep seeing them because I love it but I totally agreed with you .
They could give a little more and experiment here and there especially with the money they are charging. Of course we will hear from many of the apologists and excuse makers for Dinosaurs of rock.
Cold.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:11

[www.youtube.com]

heavy stuff

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:22

Great pictures!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:29

maumau
tornandfrayed, two questions
1. how old are the musicians that back up macca?
2. what is the average lenght of macca's songs in the set?

I agree, but why bother? These people are so obsessed with that ONE more song that it's hilarious. But hey, continue:-)

Me? I actually don't think i have the right to sit in my living room and tell these guys what to do. I enjoy what we get after all these years.

Ofcourse there are things one can disagree with or would rather want...but it's the same nag every time...boring.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:46

That jacket is just awful man

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:59

Sorry, but I find it really stupid to criticize a rock band of 4 ultra 70 year olds, just because they only play 2 hours at a concert ... it's disconcerting! Nor does it make any sense to compare singers over seventy soloists with a group.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:02

StonedRambler
That Paul McCartney comparison is just stupid. Look at a Macca concert and at a Stones concert. Mick dances from one corner of the stage to the other for two hours while Paul is just standing on one spot. Of course you can play longer if you just stand on one spot the whole time eye rolling smiley
Nothing against Macca but it's absolutely not comparable

As a fan and regular attender of concerts by both, I totally agree. Macca works out and keeps in shape too but we don’t see it on stage. 2 completely different types of show and and any comparison is silly and pointless.

As I always say, it’s great that we’ve still got them both to enjoy.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:05

MisterDDDD
DiegoGlimmerStones
FirstCoastNews just uploaded a 3:33min Proshot clip in HD! Enjoy!! thumbs upwinking smiley
[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up
IORR was great tonight.
Love this band.
Is that off the soundboard?

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:12

They don’t owe us anything, but it would be nice to see a 20-song set list with a 3rd acoustic song at the front. They setup a drum kit, 3 songs would be much better and probably wouldn’t take much energy

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:17

keefriff99
MisterDDDD
DiegoGlimmerStones
FirstCoastNews just uploaded a 3:33min Proshot clip in HD! Enjoy!! thumbs upwinking smiley
[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up
IORR was great tonight.
Love this band.

THANKS!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:18

keefriff99
MisterDDDD
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up
IORR was great tonight.
Love this band.

where ever it came from that was clean.

thanks to whomever made it available

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 20, 2019 18:14

Sounds great, the sound in the "off the board" video is wonderful.

Is it me or is Keith having some trouble opening some songs?

But when he gets going it's really good!

Ronnie goes over to get him in the groove.

Date: July 20, 2019 18:32

beachbreak
Sounds great, the sound in the "off the board" video is wonderful.

Is it me or is Keith having some trouble opening some songs?

But when he gets going it's really good!

Ronnie goes over to get him in the groove.

Its not just you.

Could be hearing or something, don't know. Its hard to say but something's going on.
As far as his sound, the sound of his guitar has never been better.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2019 18:46

DrFixembones
They don’t owe us anything, but it would be nice to see a 20-song set list with a 3rd acoustic song at the front. They setup a drum kit, 3 songs would be much better and probably wouldn’t take much energy

While I agree with you, the term, "they don't owe us anything" I think misses the mark.

They are on tour, they are selling tickets at dizzying prices, so for that, they do owe the audience a good show, and value for the money...which they are delivering.

On Stones vs. McCartney, sure his songs may be shorter, but not that much shorter and his show is 3 hours, not 2 hours. Having seen McCartney I will say he delivers the goods, although vocally he's starting to sag a bit.

In the end, it's comparing apples to oranges though. McCartney is an amazing rock show and the Stones is a high energy spectacle that happens to have some great music to boot.

Be glad we can still enjoy both!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:11

My three (positive) takeaways:

Keith sounded fantastic, Slipping Away is from an era that I stopped buying Stones' music and yet he has converted me with last night's version..

The crowd obviously was over the moon about having this show. I watched listened to them a lot last night and post show, and all I heard (again) was "Holy guacamole that was awwwweeeeeessssoooommmeee." People were psyched..

Ok, this 3rd one isn't exactly positive but I'll try and spin it: That was most difficult post show try to get a ride home I've experienced so far. Finally back at hotel at 230am after a $50+ uber.. Don't think I'm coming back for any Jaguar games, BUT (and here's the positive spin) during my wait in a hotel lobby for a ride I ran into friends from Zip Code tour and we caught up over beer smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-20 19:12 by snoopy2.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:25

MizzAmandaJonez
3rd show of my tour, Chicago 1-2 and Jax was the best so far. Rambler was epic, but really, I enjoyed every song. Very tight, they sounded great. Can’t wait for Seattle
Me too (except I won't see Seattle). Keith and Ronnie were playing very well, with the guitars very strong in the mix, especially Keith's. I'd like to see more songs, but no way am I complaining about this concert. It was a solid two hours, with great, long versions of many songs. When they perform as well as they did last night, I think complaining about number of songs is lame and petty. For the more casual fans (95+ percent of attendees), the Jacksonville performance was far superior to most 20-21 song concerts over the past 20 years - Keith and Ronnie played much better and the fans were into most songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-20 19:28 by IGTBA.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home