Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Jacksonville show 19-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 22, 2019 20:54

Slipping Away from Jacksonville, Keith in great voice here compared to the tried effort from the previous show. I'd say this is as good as I've ever heard this.
[youtu.be]

Re: Jacksonville show 19-July-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: July 22, 2019 20:58

This show reminded me a lot of Kansas City from the last US tour in terms of quality. Both Chicago shows were great, but this show was on a higher level.

I also am learning how to appreciate every song, WarHorse I"ve hear so many times live or not. I'm starting to like IORR, was very good in JAX and Miss You is a highlight of the show to see how Daryl takes the solo to a new level.

Another interesting aspect is Karl Denson owns the sax solos and his input is so good. He headlines the Portland Blues Festival over the 4th of July and he played a second late night set of all Allman Bros, and he's very good.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2019 21:14

Slipping Away: Talk about a dragging song. After a while you hear people in the pit talking to each other instead of listening to the song. Not on purpose, they just can't help themselves.
Makes me think of Caesar's slave. Someone should have the guts to tell him that the song drags. But no one does.

Date: July 22, 2019 21:26

Stoneage
Slipping Away: Talk about a dragging song. After a while you hear people in the pit talking to each other instead of listening to the song. Not on purpose, they just can't help themselves.
Makes me think of Caesar's slave. Someone should have the guts to tell him that the song drags. But no one does.

Not how it was in 2017 and 2018 at all. Song of the tour. Surprisingly, I have to add..

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 22, 2019 22:06

Stoneage
Slipping Away: Talk about a dragging song. After a while you hear people in the pit talking to each other instead of listening to the song. Not on purpose, they just can't help themselves

Based on own experience or some youtube clips ?
The show I attended in 2017 ( Düsseldorf ) Slipping away was
a highlight, not just for me...I haven't been in the
pit but right at the end of the catwalk.
No one was talking to each other in my surrounding,it
was fascinating...

Date: July 22, 2019 22:10

Same again on BTMMR , strong vocals
[youtu.be]

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 22, 2019 22:13

Keith Richards, "Slipping Away" Jax, FL 7.20.19 in HD

tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFtG5cw4c0

The song to me never drags on but rather builds up to the end when the whole band is in groove and far from slipping away (LOL)

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 22, 2019 22:15

[www.youtube.com]

Keith Richards, "Slipping Away" Jax, FL 7.20.19 in HD

The song to me never drags on but rather builds up to the end when the whole band is in groove and far from slipping away(LOL)

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: July 23, 2019 03:35

My wife and I feel blessed for choosing Jacksonville over other cities. Everything was really special. The crowd, the concert... We had the opportunity to be at Surfer the Bar on Thursday and met some fans. It was a really cool experience.

Date: July 23, 2019 10:55

The good thing about Keith and Ronnie never playing the same song the same way twice is you get this masterpiece version of Gimme Shelter, the bad thing is we will never hear it this way again. Probably why people go to see this band so many times, you just never know when its going to be OH WOW.
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 10:56 by stone4ever.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 15:59

Any one else notice that during "Miss You" Keith is offstage for a good portion of the song. I recall in '81 he kept his playing to a minimum in a very tasteful way. In Jax he was behind the amps for a good portion of the begining just taking a cig and drink break.

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 17:06

stone4ever
The good thing about Keith and Ronnie never playing the same song the same way twice is you get this masterpiece version of Gimme Shelter, the bad thing is we will never hear it this way again. Probably why people go to see this band so many times, you just never know when its going to be OH WOW.
[youtu.be]

That was the best version ive ever seen by far. Probably the best song of the show too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 23, 2019 19:23

Stoneage

I would somewhat agree. I've seen it played many times, but at this point it's it's tolerable at best.
There is some poignancy watching Keith mumbling about "slipping away" at this late stage of his career, but the same can be said for any song he does I suppose.
As for the casual fan, must be a complete buzz kill - even way back when it was fresh, it was a piss and/or beer break for many in attendance.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 23, 2019 23:59

shortfatfanny
Stoneage
Slipping Away: Talk about a dragging song. After a while you hear people in the pit talking to each other instead of listening to the song. Not on purpose, they just can't help themselves

Based on own experience or some youtube clips ?
The show I attended in 2017 ( Düsseldorf ) Slipping away was
a highlight, not just for me...I haven't been in the
pit but right at the end of the catwalk.
No one was talking to each other in my surrounding,it
was fascinating...

Amazing!! So much better than last year in Dublin, where I saw them!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home