Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why This Site Rules
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 14:19

I know we've had tons of "Thanks BV" threads out there...

but, well...I just want to say THANKS (again) to BV.

Not just for the amazing info that is here....it is beyond compare.

But, I appreciate this site mostly b/c THIS is how the Internet was SUPPOSED to work....a place for sharing and gathering info....NOT for advertisements, buying/selling of personal info and spying....

if I were getting bombarded w/ pop-ups or ads or other CRAP, I probably would've tuned-out on this site....keeping it "pure" keeps it great.

so, thanks BV....unless you are secretly selling my info to the CIA or Amazon, you're OK in my book.

Great site, buddy....seriously. Thanks for not selling out (I'm sure you've had opportunities) and keeping this place sincere to its roots and showing what the Internet CAN be....

Re: Why This Site Rules
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 14:27

It's remarkable for sure. I first wandered across this site in 1996 when I was still in high school. I came here obsessively for Stones news for years until I joined the forum in 2003 or 2004.

The fact that it still looks the same as it did 23 years ago is beyond mindblowing. It's an amazing achievement.

Date: July 19, 2019 14:31

Totally with you stickyfingers. I respect how BV runs his place; and that is rulings have always been consistent. The ruling on day 2 synced up with the one from day 1.
Another feature that is so easy to take for granted is just how well, on a technical level, this place runs. There are no clumsy, lengthy load up times. You can access almost everything from everywhere.
yeah, BV deserves about one of these threads @ month.

Date: July 19, 2019 15:55

Totally agree - been here since around 1996 and love the fact that there are no ads or pop-ups. And yes, this is a true internet forum in its purest sense. Thank you BV.

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: July 19, 2019 16:24

I seldom log in but visit this site almost on a daily basis for about 15 years.

Total respect for what's been achieved by BV.

The amount of knowledge, files sharing is unbelievable and , yes, it is a pure incarnation of what internet was supposed to be .

It's good to be reminded time to time how lucky we are to have this site otherwise, we could take it for granted.....

Again, thanks BV.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 19, 2019 16:33

This site is a bit like the Stones themselves.
A pioneering, no frills, non-political, in your face unmatched classic.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 19, 2019 16:47

Unparalleled...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2019 18:30

I LOVE THIS PLACE!

After checking emails in the morning, this is always the first site I go to.
Even when there's no actual news or tour, etc., there's always something Stonesy being discussed.

Thanks as always Bjornulf for running a tight ship and making it all sail smoothly. thumbs up

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 18:40

when the stones finish and all the surveys are compiled.

best song
best album
best tour
etc

this is the place to get the info and compile the results.

as this is the place where you get the best stones fans.

Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 19:09

Yes it really is an amazing place. It has shaped the way that I experience the Stones and their tours, in the last 20 years or so. And BV does a fantastic job with running it.

I was here in the late '90s, I think I showed up right around the time when the internet song vote first started in Stones concerts. There were lively discussions about the songs, about Keith's guitars, about the tours, the recordings, so much information about so many different aspects of the band. I was here through the early 2000s and the infamous "coconut tree incident" when all eyes were on Keith. At some point I lost my login info, changed emails, or got accidentally locked out -- I went away for a while, but still lurked and came here to see what the Stones were doing, I stopped posting but I never really went away. And when BV got me back into the site, it is so great to be here again.

Big thanks to BV! This is one of the best sites on the internet, that covers any band, period.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 19:42

thanx BV,for all the work that you do,this site makes me HAPPY.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: July 19, 2019 21:11

Indeed. Thank you BV.
Order of operations in the morning:
Start coffee pot.
Check work emails, address only the most essential. Hold the rest.
Check NY Times site for headlines.
Check IORR

If it's a touring year, IORR has been known to got to #2.
If it's vacation, IORR can rise to #1.

Many thanks and much love to BV!

T@3

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: July 19, 2019 22:14

Totally agree with you stickyfingers 101.
It's one of the first sites I go to every day when I log on at work.
Thank you Bjørnulf,and have a nice show tonight!

Per Arne

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 19, 2019 22:37

There are other things before iorr when you wake up?

Just kidding.... it’s a daily go to, I love the uncluttered place - and the weirdos who hang here

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 19, 2019 22:37

TeaAtThree
Indeed. Thank you BV.
Order of operations in the morning:
Start coffee pot.
Check work emails, address only the most essential. Hold the rest.
Check NY Times site for headlines.
Check IORR

If it's a touring year, IORR has been known to got to #2.
If it's vacation, IORR can rise to #1.

Many thanks and much love to BV!

T@3

This is roughly my morning routine also!

Thanks BV for maintaining and running this site. I first stumbled in here in 2003 I think after the stones gigs in Dublin for a review. I visited for years before posting. With all the mega fans here, posting can be daunting!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 19, 2019 22:46

Man - what a band - what a site!

Ok, the first IORR booklet I have is Vol. 8, 1983 - I ordered those by snail mail as there was no Internet in these days.

Those were the days of painfully type pages with a typewriter, copy it in a copy store and sent it to the list of subscribers - of whom I was among many.

And you know what? IORR is still a wonder to me, no less!

Thank you Bjornulf, thank you folks!!!

... What a band! ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-19 22:47 by waterrats.

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: July 19, 2019 23:11

Yes, totally agree.
This site is daily routine for any Stones addict.

Let it rock!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 20, 2019 00:32

I was offerered half a million NOK which would have paid for more than one tour, also I was offered kickback at 8% of all tiocket sales linked back to IORR, from TM, which is a lot when tickets are $500, and there are many here, but as long as I never get money from anyone, I can still do whatever I do, which is to go to another Stones show again and again. I am off, half an hour walk and I will be in at the Jacksonville stadium, another show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: July 20, 2019 00:36

Yep, daily routine to check this site, often before morning coffee even!

Posted by: Grazi ()
Date: July 20, 2019 00:55

I rarely post anything but iorr has been part of my daily routine for almost 15 years. Thank you, BV!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 20, 2019 01:31

I assume it's a matter of Divine Right.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 20, 2019 01:45

waterrats
Man - what a band - what a site!

Ok, the first IORR booklet I have is Vol. 8, 1983 - I ordered those by snail mail as there was no Internet in these days.

Those were the days of painfully type pages with a typewriter, copy it in a copy store and sent it to the list of subscribers - of whom I was among many.

And you know what? IORR is still a wonder to me, no less!

Thank you Bjornulf, thank you folks!!!

... What a band! ...

Ya, and the booklets were perfect.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: July 20, 2019 02:57

bv
I was offerered half a million NOK which would have paid for more than one tour, also I was offered kickback at 8% of all tiocket sales linked back to IORR, from TM, which is a lot when tickets are $500, and there are many here, but as long as I never get money from anyone, I can still do whatever I do, which is to go to another Stones show again and again. I am off, half an hour walk and I will be in at the Jacksonville stadium, another show.[/quote

Bjornulf, as we say in California, "Dude, you Rawk!!!" Good for you. Good for us. We dig your site the most. (The only site that matters.) Thank you. And now, "Ladies and Gentleman... The Rolling Stones!!!"

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: July 20, 2019 03:47

BV......been visiting here for well over 20 years.....I'll never forget January 1998.....we were about to leave for a long drive to Syracuse......If not for BV announcing the show was canceled due to Mick being sick.....we would have driven 4 hours there and 4 hours back....and wasted an entire day......I will always be grateful for that piece of info.

The rescheduled show in April was one of the best shows I've seen they were on fire that night......sadly only a crappy aud recording exists.....that Sister Morphine that night was unbelievable

Thanks for all you do BV

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 20, 2019 04:00

bv
I was offerered half a million NOK which would have paid for more than one tour, also I was offered kickback at 8% of all tiocket sales linked back to IORR, from TM, which is a lot when tickets are $500, and there are many here, but as long as I never get money from anyone, I can still do whatever I do, which is to go to another Stones show again and again. I am off, half an hour walk and I will be in at the Jacksonville stadium, another show.

You are the MAN!!

Thank you for this site and your integrity.

It is appreciated and enjoyed by me every day.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 20, 2019 07:44

bv

We have a saying in America-“shit just got real”.

Instead of my usual carrying on I’m just gonna keep bumping this because I want everyone here to see it.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: July 20, 2019 09:38

bv

I looked this up. “The definition of thankful is someone feeling or showing gratitude. When you are pleased and grateful for what you have, this is an example of a time when you are thankful.”

That is you. Thanks BV.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:23

It’s a great site. Some of the clientele a bit moany sometimes but hey ho. By the way can’t help but think tm would have been wasting their 8%, surely everyone here knows about ticket master and how to use it for stones tickets!? Glad you turned it down anyhow. Keep on keeping on!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:50

lem motlow
bv

We have a saying in America-“shit just got real”.

Instead of my usual carrying on I’m just gonna keep bumping this because I want everyone here to see it.

That was great!!

Posted by: sputnikrox ()
Date: July 21, 2019 05:24

I'm new HERE, but I'm an OLD guy and this site is AMAZING! Thank you, bv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home