Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: New solo album Ronnie Wood
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 17, 2019 14:36

lem motlow, your post got me laughing. Agree with you on everything but this Chuck Berry cover record. I love the idea. Looking forward to listening to it.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 17, 2019 15:15

Let’s see how it sells - I suspect it might do quite well but we shall see. Lots of Chuck Berry tribute stuff in the air at the moment and a RS a very suitable person to be doing a tribute for it now Keith is probably no longer quite up for it

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 15:35

Hairball
Rockman
It's just a tribute album ….
Dylan's been doin the same for the last 4-5 years ….

True enough, and the results speak for themselves.
Probably the nadir of his entire recording career depending on who you ask, though some diehards still like them just because it's Dylan.

Again, hats off to Ronnie for keeping busy, and cheers to those who want to have "fun" listening to his tribute.
(...as if there aren't enough Chuck Berry covers tunes in the world already....)

On the bright side, I'm sure he'll sell a handful of albums to help pay for his art supplies and/or some lessons.
Are those Sinatra and Great American Songbook covers albums worth checking out?

I'm far from a Dylan completist, but they sound intriguing. Just haven't gotten around to them.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 17, 2019 15:43

Personally enthusiastic for this. A RS doing Chuck Berry what's not too like? As I once said The Rolling Stones are the world's greatest cover band!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 17, 2019 16:18

keefriff99
Hairball
Rockman

Probably the nadir of his entire recording career depending on who you ask, though some diehards still like them just because it's Dylan.

Again, hats off to Ronnie for keeping busy, and cheers to those who want to have "fun" listening to his tribute.
(...as if there aren't enough Chuck Berry covers tunes in the world already....)

On the bright side, I'm sure he'll sell a handful of albums to help pay for his art supplies and/or some lessons.

I'm far from a Dylan completist, but they sound intriguing. Just haven't gotten around to them.

the first one ('Shadows in the night') is good, the second ('Fallen Angels') okay, the third one ('Triplicate', 3CDs), well – even as a die-hard fans I didn't make it through all these CDs

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 17, 2019 17:03

Start with Bob's Christmas album. If you enjoy Bob's version of "Must Be Santa" you'll probably enjoy 5 albums of Bob singing Sinatra's songbook.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:45

lem motlow
He put out a fckng Chuck Berry covers album? Geezuz Christ on a stick, next thing you know he’ll be trying to sell us drawings of his bandmates hands.

I’m a big Ronnie fan but I think he could use a manager right about now.

Doesnt he share the same Management team as The Stones?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 17, 2019 18:58

Go Ronnie... An energetic and creative guy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2019 20:29

keefriff99
Hairball
Rockman

Short answer - imo, no.

That said, there were several he played live that sounded nice and sort of fit in with the latter day/elderly Bob vibe.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 17, 2019 23:08

Waiting for the new album, let's listen to some good music!
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 00:10

keefriff99
Hairball
Rockman

I think they are. Even if it's not your type of music it's interesting to hear him tackle these songs and he hits some notes I never thought possible.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2019 00:27

Quoting above screwed up big time! smiling smiley

"he hits some notes I never thought possible"

Don't know if that's meant to be a positive or a negative, but considering it's Dylan I'd lean towards the latter.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 18, 2019 17:05

Its kinda cute that Ronnie is covering a Chuck Berry that Mick and Keith et al covered ages ago before Ronnie was a Stone. Likely 11 years before Ronnie got Sanctified as second guitar. These days he is primary guitar and plays lots of Keith's old parts. Jagger appreciates this immensely but will not say so publicly. All in all the Stones keep Rolling due to their Mick-Ronnie combo plus all their immense and loyal support musicians and support staff that want and need paychecks.

Date: September 18, 2019 17:53

triceratops
Its kinda cute that Ronnie is covering a Chuck Berry that Mick and Keith et al covered ages ago before Ronnie was a Stone. Likely 11 years before Ronnie got Sanctified as second guitar. These days he is primary guitar and plays lots of Keith's old parts. Jagger appreciates this immensely but will not say so publicly. All in all the Stones keep Rolling due to their Mick-Ronnie combo plus all their immense and loyal support musicians and support staff that want and need paychecks.
Ronnie started playing in the early 60s, like Mick and Keith even though he's a little younger, and he sounded just like Mick and Keith that music. There comes a moment in life that you look back and see everything you've done and realize who you've been influenced by and it is normal to offer them a tribute. I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you think it's just for money, don't buy the album and don't download it from the internet, nobody forces you.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 3, 2019 11:24

Rock and Roll Music available for download now, on your account,

if you purchased the album from the Ronnie Wood store .

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-03 12:23 by Lien.

Date: October 3, 2019 14:52

triceratops
Its kinda cute that Ronnie is covering a Chuck Berry that Mick and Keith et al covered ages ago before Ronnie was a Stone. Likely 11 years before Ronnie got Sanctified as second guitar.

Ronnie cut "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller" and "Memphis, Tennessee" back in the early 1970s with The Faces. He was cutting Elvis covers with The Jeff Beck Group in the late 1960s and Motown covers with The Birds in the mid-sixties. None of this is new to him. He is over 70 as well.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: October 3, 2019 16:38

Rocky Dijon
triceratops
Its kinda cute that Ronnie is covering a Chuck Berry that Mick and Keith et al covered ages ago before Ronnie was a Stone. Likely 11 years before Ronnie got Sanctified as second guitar.

Ronnie cut "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller" and "Memphis, Tennessee" back in the early 1970s with The Faces. He was cutting Elvis covers with The Jeff Beck Group in the late 1960s and Motown covers with The Birds in the mid-sixties. None of this is new to him. He is over 70 as well.

Technically "Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller" was on Rod's Smiler album and not all of the Faces appeared on the track. Neither Ronnie Lane or Tetsu appeared on Smiler.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-04 03:52 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 3, 2019 17:47

I'm sorry but I want to hear Ronnie singing. Couldn't play it all the way through. I suppose it's important to him though. Oh well.

Date: October 3, 2019 18:13

boogaloojef
Rocky Dijon
triceratops

Technically "Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller" was on Rod's Smiler album and not all of the Faces appeared on the track.
Yes, even if in the first 5 albums of Rod Stewart all the members of Faces have collaborated, Ronnie in particular is attributed on almost all the songs, some of them are by Stewart / Wood.
There is a lot of good music in these 5 albums.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: October 15, 2019 05:12

What will the other 2 albums be? Any ideas?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2019 05:37

… maybe he'll do a tribute to Broonzy ….

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2019 17:50

My guesses would be Mr. Diddley and Mr. Reed.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 15, 2019 18:11

Testify
triceratops
Ronnie started playing in the early 60s, like Mick and Keith even though he's a little younger, and he sounded just like Mick and Keith that music. There comes a moment in life that you look back and see everything you've done and realize who you've been influenced by and it is normal to offer them a tribute. I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you think it's just for money, don't buy the album and don't download it from the internet, nobody forces you.

Yep. Ronnie made his professional recording debut only a year-or-so after the Stones. Not sure where this ‘11 years’ is coming from.

Date: October 16, 2019 20:37

Big Al
Yep. Ronnie made his professional recording debut only a year-or-so after the Stones. Not sure where this ‘11 years’ is coming from.

For some Ronnie's career begins in 1975 and the Stones career starts with their first album.

Re: Ronnie Wood - "Mad Lad" album, November 15, 2019
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 16, 2019 23:54

My wish, a Dylan's cover album by Ronnie

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 15:57

Imelda May is a very good singer.But IMO her voice does not match on Rock and Roll Music.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 18:39

KeithNacho
My wish, a Dylan's cover album by Ronnie

This would be awesome. I wonder if Ronnie would do the expected thing and cover Dylan's early career or mix it up and gives us tunes from all through it.

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: October 25, 2019 18:16

I was in London on October 24 for the press day where Ronnie gave interviews to several media (included some french ones).

As his french PR, I met the lovely man for the very first time !

YM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 19:03 by Yazid Manou.

Date: October 25, 2019 18:24

Congratulations, Yazid! If there is anything you can share with us, apart from the photograph, please do.

Date: October 25, 2019 18:34

Happy for you !

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home