Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: New solo album Ronnie Wood in October
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 23:27

After Blue & Lonesome.
Covers again.
Impressive.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-24 23:27 by powerage78.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 25, 2019 06:43

bv
CJFP
Anyone else find it weird that there is no news or official announcement about it on his website or Twitter?

There is a Stones tour in USA now. They do not market two products at the same time. Now the product is "No Filter US Tour 2019". At one point, when the time is right, they will market the new Ronnie Wood solo album.

In general, it is easy to make a solo album. You just need to talk to yourself, regarding decitions on what songs to include or not, may be you also need to talk to some engineer and may be marketing people, but when your name is Ronnie Wood then you record what you like and they release what you tell them to release.

However, if you are two or more in a band, then you have to agree on song writing, song selection, mixes, strategy, and lots more. Just like a marriage. It is easy to live on your own, but living in a marriage is harder. Marriages last an average of seven years in my part of the world, The Roling Stones have outlived most marriages.[/quote]

Why justify them?! Just say that 15 years of waiting for a dozen new songs are really excessive.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2019 00:01

IanBillen
Bv .. what you say about a solo record versus one with a band that must be of the highest standards is true ... however and at the same time let's not make it yet another excuse for them .. Let's face it .. the boys have pretty darn neglectful (and lazy) concerning creating new studio releases (not from being a band with certain projects and touring at all though) from 1997 onward.

This is NOT the thead about the Rolling Stones solo album. It is about the new Ronnie Wood album. The Rolling Stones have been "at work" since 1962, i.e. for 57 years. At age 70+ most people retire.

The new Ronnie Wood album is not a studio album, it is a Chuck Berry tribute. It should be great news for anyone who loves Ronnie Wood.

Bjornulf

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 26, 2019 23:59

After many years I listened again to I Feel Like Playing, released roughly 9 years ago. I wasn't over-enthusiastic when it came out, but after re-listening ´now I must say it's a charming album with quite OK tunes, and again it's a pitty Ron is not allowed more involvement in Stones albums, he would add colours that suited the Stones quite well. I wouldn't mind another Ronnie studio album with new songs.

Ronnie live playing CB songs? Well, OK, better than nothing at all. He certainly did a good job.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 4, 2019 10:46

New studio album from Ronnie would be great anyway live album is a treat for me as well. Ronnie's latest albums are very strong the same as single tracks like
Coming together or Playin' on my mind.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 1, 2019 01:32

Any info about the release date ?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 1, 2019 03:03

I sometimes wonder how much the people on this site have actually followed the band.

The rhythm machine era as I call it- from “I’ve got my own album to do” thru Undercover is littered with Ronnie’s songs.
From IORR to Black limousine to his songs on Black and Blue,he’s all over Undercover and Dirty Work.
You can argue over the way he’s credited but to say they don’t use his songs,I mean Damn,- at least try to pay attention.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 1, 2019 03:44

me

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 4, 2019 10:46

Ronnie told radio station SiriusXM: "I sing most of the songs and I have a friend called Imelda May and she is singing a couple.

"'Mad Lad' is an original instrumental song by Chuck. On the album I have done my own Chuck Berry tribute song.

"Then it goes into 'Mad Lad'. It is a mad instrumental song and it sums me up."

[www.list.co.uk]

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 4, 2019 11:44

lem motlow
I sometimes wonder how much the people on this site have actually followed the band.

The rhythm machine era as I call it- from “I’ve got my own album to do” thru Undercover is littered with Ronnie’s songs.
From IORR to Black limousine to his songs on Black and Blue,he’s all over Undercover and Dirty Work.
You can argue over the way he’s credited but to say they don’t use his songs,I mean Damn,- at least try to pay attention.
You're right, however Ronnie's contributions to DW where he is credited in various songs has a bitter taste, since DW is a confused album that portends the third world war. In Undercover if I remember correctly it is credited on PBU which should be his song, not bad ... even BL on Tattoo You is a great song. But from SW onwards I don't seem to remember a piece credited to Wood.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 4, 2019 11:46

I hope Ronnie will make some solo shows with Ben Waters.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 5, 2019 10:43

.Mad Lad: A Live Tribute to Chuck Berry?

1. Tribute to Chuck Berry (Live)
2. Talking About You (Live)
3. Mad Lad (Live)
4. Wee Wee Hours (Live)
5. Almost Grown (Live)
6. Back in the USA (Live)
7. Blue Feeling (Live)
8. Worried Life Blues (Live)
9. Little Queenie (Live)
10. Rock 'N' Roll Music (Live)
11. Johnny B Goode (Live)

[amass.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-05 10:44 by Lien.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 5, 2019 13:15

I hear this was the Tivoli show - the "warm-up" gig for Ronnie and Ben's Ronnie Scotts show.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: September 5, 2019 14:05

thecitadel
I hear this was the Tivoli show - the "warm-up" gig for Ronnie and Ben's Ronnie Scotts show.
Correct

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 5, 2019 15:03

A warm up show, not filmed (no Youtube) and without public or almost ?

Ideal and practical for overdubs (guitar, vocals or anything else). Not possible to compare smiling smiley

chriseganstar
thecitadel
Correct

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 5, 2019 15:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-05 15:26 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 5, 2019 15:26

powerage78
A warm up show, not filmed (no Youtube) and without public or almost ?

Ideal and practical for overdubs (guitar, vocals or anything else). Not possible to compare smiling smiley

chriseganstar
thecitadel
Correct

Ronnie isn't exactly known for overdubbing his live albums to death smiling smiley

Date: September 5, 2019 15:55

Wish they were a little more obscure cuts. Does the world need another cover of "Johnny B. Goode"?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 5, 2019 16:08

Can't wait!

Ronnie Wood With His Wild Five - Mad Lad: A Live Tribute To Chuck Berry
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 5, 2019 16:12

Thanks, Lien.

[amass.jp]

Re: New solo album Ronnie Wood
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 5, 2019 18:43

[www.amazon.de]

18 Euro CD

[www.amazon.com]

25USD Vinyl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-05 18:45 by rogerriffin.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 5, 2019 19:56

He and Keith did some, errr, interesting versions of Sweet Little Rock And Roller with the New Barbarians.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: September 5, 2019 20:01

His first solo album is being reissued in the USA at end of January, on coloured vinyl. Www.bullmoose.com

Date: September 5, 2019 20:08

Jfk19562003
His first solo album is being reissued in the USA at end of January, on coloured vinyl. Www.bullmoose.com

Wasn't it reissued two years ago? At least, I got the album (blue vinyl) from my brother in law in California back then.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: September 5, 2019 22:47

I believe so, yet here it comes again. Bull Moose has two separate colors already.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 7, 2019 06:57

and his Wild Five.... Who are the Wild Five?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 7, 2019 07:48

The Wild Five are Ben Waters on piano, Dion Egtved on bass, Dexter Hercules on drums, Tom Waters on saxophone, and Miss Imelda May on vocals.

Date: September 7, 2019 14:15

Rocky Dijon
The Wild Five are Ben Waters on piano, Dion Egtved on bass, Dexter Hercules on drums, Tom Waters on saxophone, and Miss Imelda May on vocals.

Thanks.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 7, 2019 14:29

I can't wait for this album to be in my hands ...

Date: September 7, 2019 19:07

Lien
.Mad Lad: A Live Tribute to Chuck Berry?

1. Tribute to Chuck Berry (Live)
2. Talking About You (Live)
3. Mad Lad (Live)
4. Wee Wee Hours (Live)
5. Almost Grown (Live)
6. Back in the USA (Live)
7. Blue Feeling (Live)
8. Worried Life Blues (Live)
9. Little Queenie (Live)
10. Rock 'N' Roll Music (Live)
11. Johnny B Goode (Live)

[amass.jp]

But the following is a bootleg with additional tracks? If so, where can the bootleg be downloaded or bought? See hotwacks link below -

[www.hotwacks.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home